EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Share
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Super Danmark wrote:I love the ongoing 3 part relationship drama with wanna be Germans(Bernd),English(Fey,now),Dutch(Otto) with people in all camps rejecting them. Otto was the first to jump ship after he started to see the Delowfication of Germany...and the winning of course. Nobody can rationalize betrayel like Otto(read post from above about Greece,Italy,Spain although to be honest it would be cool if Germany beats 3/4 of the PIIGS Biggrin ) Fey is a bit more righteous in his shift considering he was already down on Holland pretty early on. Bernd is simply a victim of the stockholm syndrom. He has been figthing the Germans on here as a good Englishman should do and now he has completely gone to the other team. Yikes I have a feeling Kimbo would never do that even with an all 11 London man based national team. Surrender to the Germans Question Or maybe it is simply so hard to imagine England Germany getting along that we assume it must something wrong with Bernd.

I feel pity for Bernd. Just imagine if this became the miracle tournament where England went all the way. He'd be forever tainted by his betrayal before the glory. It's one thing to shift your support after your side has gone out of the competition, but to brazenly attempt to jump into bed with the enemy while your team is still standing No No No
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Puro on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

How are those quarterfinals shaping up! Nobody else picked Italia? Biggrin <Ale>
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:39 pm

PuroReturns wrote:How are those quarterfinals shaping up! Nobody else picked Italia? Biggrin <Ale>

You can't brag about predicting Italy when you bet both sides. Need I quote you?

PuroReturns wrote:España 2-2 Croatia

Just like when Denmark and Sweden arranged they tied 2-2 so Italia got KO and the stupid Anglo media swore the Danish and Swedish were "honest". Remember that one Alan Hansen, you stupid c**t! Biggrin <Ale>

Italia are the only ones capable of beating España, that's why España will KO the Italiani with a 2-2 draw against Croatia. TFS!

CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH just like 5 thousand bucks I won with the arranged Denmark 2-2 Sweden. TFS! <Ale>
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Puro has no shame. He never has done with all that bragging about correct predictions and cash prizes Ale

Debbie, I keep telling you this - we (Germany) owe us (England) for having thrashed us (Germany) and forcing the conveyor belt into action. I will be claiming a victory for us too (England) if we (Germany) win.

This is no Otto style treacherous back turning on us (England). We are the same people. The sole difference being the German subsidiary is a bit better at fussball whilst the English subsidiary at War and stand up comedy. Either way, natural born Northern European winners Ale




avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Puro on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:55 pm

I was seriously considering betting big on the 2-2 draw. However, I never put the bet in because the game had gotten so much attention and it was gonna be scrutinized completely. It was always highly unlikely that it would end up 2-2 unless it was arranged by both teams to KO Italia.

At the last moment I thought, "man the game has gotten so much publicity already, I don't think 2-2 is on the cards anymore".

Then I thought, as much as España can't stand Italia, it would be like a cousin killing a cousin. Surely the Germans would've LOVED IT, but it was never going to happen. So España and Italia move forward together like brothers.

Italia Campioni Euro 2012, you KNOW the only person in the world who called it! but now a lot of sons of bitches are jumping on Italia's bandwagon even claiming they put a bet on Italia to win it. lol!


Last edited by PuroReturns on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Debbie, I keep telling you this - we (Germany) owe us (England) for having thrashed us (Germany) and forcing the conveyor belt into action. I will be claiming a victory for us too (England) if we (Germany) win.

This is no Otto style treacherous back turning on us (England). We are the same people. The German subsidiary is a bit better at fussball, the English subsidiary at War. Either way, natural born Northern European winners Ale

This is serious stuff. You can't escape your betrayal with obfuscatory wordplay No
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Puro on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:05 pm

debaser wrote:
This is serious stuff. You can't escape your betrayal with obfuscatory wordplay No

That's the funny side of the Europeanboard, being superfluos and a hypocrite.

That would be like me rooting for Chile at the last Copa América FFS! lol!

No no no no no, Slur! Some things you just never do. Biggrin <Ale>
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:06 pm

PuroReturns wrote:I was seriously considering betting big on the 2-2 draw. However, I never put the bet in because the game had gotten so much attention and it was gonna be scrutinized completely. It was always highly unlikely that it would end up 2-2 unless it was arranged by both teams to KO Italia.

At the last moment I thought, "man the game has gotten so much publicity already, I don't think 2-2 is on the cards anymore".

Then I thought, as much as España can't stand Italia, it would be like a cousin killing a cousin. Surely the Germans would've LOVED IT, but it was never going to happen. So España and Italia move forward together like brothers.

Italia Campioni Euro 2012, you KNOW the only person in the world who called it! but now a lot of sons of bitches are jumping on Italia's bandwagon even claiming they put a bet on Italia to win it. lol!

So if the game had ended up 2-2, would your response have been:

a) At the last moment I thought, "man the game has gotten so much publicity already, I don't think 2-2 is on the cards anymore". Boy, I got this one wrong.

or

b) I TOLD you España will KO the Italiani. CAAAA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Question
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Puro on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Puro has no shame. He never has done with all that bragging about correct predictions and cash prizes Ale

Debbie, I keep telling you this - we (Germany) owe us (England) for having thrashed us (Germany) and forcing the conveyor belt into action. I will be claiming a victory for us too (England) if we (Germany) win.

This is no Otto style treacherous back turning on us (England). We are the same people. The sole difference being the German subsidiary is a bit better at fussball whilst the English subsidiary at War and stand up comedy. Either way, natural born Northern European winners Ale

lol! What The Fuck! A Khazar telling me I have no shame! I think I can just call it a day and forget everything. lol! <Ale>
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Puro on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:09 pm

debaser wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:I was seriously considering betting big on the 2-2 draw. However, I never put the bet in because the game had gotten so much attention and it was gonna be scrutinized completely. It was always highly unlikely that it would end up 2-2 unless it was arranged by both teams to KO Italia.

At the last moment I thought, "man the game has gotten so much publicity already, I don't think 2-2 is on the cards anymore".

Then I thought, as much as España can't stand Italia, it would be like a cousin killing a cousin. Surely the Germans would've LOVED IT, but it was never going to happen. So España and Italia move forward together like brothers.

Italia Campioni Euro 2012, you KNOW the only person in the world who called it! but now a lot of sons of bitches are jumping on Italia's bandwagon even claiming they put a bet on Italia to win it. lol!

So if the game had ended up 2-2, would your response have been:

a) At the last moment I thought, "man the game has gotten so much publicity already, I don't think 2-2 is on the cards anymore". Boy, I got this one wrong.

or

b) I TOLD you España will KO the Italiani. CAAAA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Question

A) TFS! <Ale>
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Puro has no shame. He never has done with all that bragging about correct predictions and cash prizes Ale

Debbie, I keep telling you this - we (Germany) owe us (England) for having thrashed us (Germany) and forcing the conveyor belt into action. I will be claiming a victory for us too (England) if we (Germany) win.

This is no Otto style treacherous back turning on us (England). We are the same people. The sole difference being the German subsidiary is a bit better at fussball whilst the English subsidiary at War and stand up comedy. Either way, natural born Northern European winners Ale

lol! What The Fuck! A Khazar telling me I have no shame! I think I can just call it a day and forget everything. lol! <Ale>

Constantly bragging about how much CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$H one makes is a Khazar trait is it not?

As I said, no shame Cool Ale
avatar
OP9

Number of posts : 1476
Age : 27
Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
Registration date : 2006-09-18

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by OP9 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Eurocup is much better than Copa America! Copa America last year was the worst tournament I've ever seen.

It had one good game! Argentina vs Uruguay!

Even the Gold Cup was better!

avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:31 pm

I wonder what Prandelli will do tactically. with a 4-3-1-2, or 3-5-2 the italian fullbacks may get exposed in 2 on 1 situations.

I would not mind something like this:

Cassano Balotelli
Giaccherini Pirlo De Rossi Maggio
Balzaretti Bonucci Barzagli Abate
Buffon
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:11 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:I wonder what Prandelli will do tactically. with a 4-3-1-2, or 3-5-2 the italian fullbacks may get exposed in 2 on 1 situations.

I would not mind something like this:

Cassano Balotelli
Giaccherini Pirlo De Rossi Maggio
Balzaretti Bonucci Barzagli Abate
Buffon


I am not sure it will help, as Abate is not that great defending either. And this robs Italy of their midfield dominance, which is their biggest strength - Italy need to boss the midfield to have any hope of winning this game. Your line up is almost like trying to beat the English in their own game, I don't think thats the best strategy. Italy need to have cautious conviction in their own game.
I would go for:

Balotelli - Cassano
----------------------------
Marchisio - Pirlo - Nocerino
De Rossi
Balzaretti - Bonucci - Barzagli - Maggio
Buffon

Remove the trequartista, include a DM instead.

Playing De Rossi as a DM to protect the defense, and Nocerino to cover for Maggio. Screw the trequartista, Italy don't have a great option there anyways. Pirlo and Marchisio can take turns filling that spot when in possession, and move back to their usual deeper midfield roles when not in possession. Marchisio can also give specific attention to a certain "captain fantastic" as well.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 am

bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:I wonder what Prandelli will do tactically. with a 4-3-1-2, or 3-5-2 the italian fullbacks may get exposed in 2 on 1 situations.

I would not mind something like this:

Cassano Balotelli
Giaccherini Pirlo De Rossi Maggio
Balzaretti Bonucci Barzagli Abate
Buffon


I am not sure it will help, as Abate is not that great defending either. And this robs Italy of their midfield dominance, which is their biggest strength - Italy need to boss the midfield to have any hope of winning this game. Your line up is almost like trying to beat the English in their own game, I don't think thats the best strategy. Italy need to have cautious conviction in their own game.
I would go for:

Balotelli - Cassano
----------------------------
Marchisio - Pirlo - Nocerino
De Rossi
Balzaretti - Bonucci - Barzagli - Maggio
Buffon

Remove the trequartista, include a DM instead.

Playing De Rossi as a DM to protect the defense, and Nocerino to cover for Maggio. Screw the trequartista, Italy don't have a great option there anyways. Pirlo and Marchisio can take turns filling that spot when in possession, and move back to their usual deeper midfield roles when not in possession. Marchisio can also give specific attention to a certain "captain fantastic" as well.
ok
It makes sense to have the trio of Marchiso-De Rossi-Nocerino when dealing with Gerrard/Rooney in the center. Maggio/Balzaretti plus Pirlo and Cassano/Balotelli should be able to cause some trouble. Welbeck's movement against this defence though Erm

Come on France do it for PROGRESS
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10210
Age : 48
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Murray on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:33 am

bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:I wonder what Prandelli will do tactically. with a 4-3-1-2, or 3-5-2 the italian fullbacks may get exposed in 2 on 1 situations.

I would not mind something like this:


Cassano Balotelli
Giaccherini Pirlo De Rossi Maggio
Balzaretti Bonucci Barzagli Abate
Buffon


I am not sure it will help, as Abate is not that great defending either. And this robs Italy of their midfield dominance, which is their biggest strength - Italy need to boss the midfield to have any hope of winning this game. Your line up is almost like trying to beat the English in their own game, I don't think thats the best strategy. Italy need to have cautious conviction in their own game.
I would go for:


Balotelli - Cassano
----------------------------
Marchisio - Pirlo - Nocerino
De Rossi
Balzaretti - Bonucci - Barzagli - Maggio
Buffon
Remove the trequartista, include a DM instead.

Playing De Rossi as a DM to protect the defense, and Nocerino to cover for Maggio. Screw the trequartista, Italy don't have a great option there anyways. Pirlo and Marchisio can take turns filling that spot when in possession, and move back to their usual deeper midfield roles when not in possession. Marchisio can also give specific attention to a certain "captain fantastic" as well.

Not a good idea to play Maggio in a back 4, I know Abate can't defend either but at least he is used to playing in a 4.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by bluenine on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 am

Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:I wonder what Prandelli will do tactically. with a 4-3-1-2, or 3-5-2 the italian fullbacks may get exposed in 2 on 1 situations.

I would not mind something like this:


Cassano Balotelli
Giaccherini Pirlo De Rossi Maggio
Balzaretti Bonucci Barzagli Abate
Buffon


I am not sure it will help, as Abate is not that great defending either. And this robs Italy of their midfield dominance, which is their biggest strength - Italy need to boss the midfield to have any hope of winning this game. Your line up is almost like trying to beat the English in their own game, I don't think thats the best strategy. Italy need to have cautious conviction in their own game.
I would go for:


Balotelli - Cassano
----------------------------
Marchisio - Pirlo - Nocerino
De Rossi
Balzaretti - Bonucci - Barzagli - Maggio
Buffon
Remove the trequartista, include a DM instead.

Playing De Rossi as a DM to protect the defense, and Nocerino to cover for Maggio. Screw the trequartista, Italy don't have a great option there anyways. Pirlo and Marchisio can take turns filling that spot when in possession, and move back to their usual deeper midfield roles when not in possession. Marchisio can also give specific attention to a certain "captain fantastic" as well.

Not a good idea to play Maggio in a back 4, I know Abate can't defend either but at least he is used to playing in a 4.

Yeah, but at least Maggio offers so much more than Abate in an attacking sense. Thats one reason I have put Nocerino in, he can do a "Zanetti" and basically cover for Maggio.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by fcb on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 am

Super Danmark wrote:

Come on France do it for PROGRESS


Stop trying to drag any and every team that's not Spain or Barcelona into your net lol!

France don't fit any of the criteria of your 'progress' bandwagon.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Kroos on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 am

omg very hard way for espana, france, and then portugal, they almost knocked them out at the wc2010

i have the feeling portugal will be in the final

they are strong, they looked good against us, they don`t allow much
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:55 am

bluenine wrote:
Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:I wonder what Prandelli will do tactically. with a 4-3-1-2, or 3-5-2 the italian fullbacks may get exposed in 2 on 1 situations.

I would not mind something like this:


Cassano Balotelli
Giaccherini Pirlo De Rossi Maggio
Balzaretti Bonucci Barzagli Abate
Buffon


I am not sure it will help, as Abate is not that great defending either. And this robs Italy of their midfield dominance, which is their biggest strength - Italy need to boss the midfield to have any hope of winning this game. Your line up is almost like trying to beat the English in their own game, I don't think thats the best strategy. Italy need to have cautious conviction in their own game.
I would go for:


Balotelli - Cassano
----------------------------
Marchisio - Pirlo - Nocerino
De Rossi
Balzaretti - Bonucci - Barzagli - Maggio
Buffon
Remove the trequartista, include a DM instead.

Playing De Rossi as a DM to protect the defense, and Nocerino to cover for Maggio. Screw the trequartista, Italy don't have a great option there anyways. Pirlo and Marchisio can take turns filling that spot when in possession, and move back to their usual deeper midfield roles when not in possession. Marchisio can also give specific attention to a certain "captain fantastic" as well.

Not a good idea to play Maggio in a back 4, I know Abate can't defend either but at least he is used to playing in a 4.

Yeah, but at least Maggio offers so much more than Abate in an attacking sense. Thats one reason I have put Nocerino in, he can do a "Zanetti" and basically cover for Maggio.

Think we need to see more of Nocerino. We need his energy, especially in the last half hour. Motta is a competent passer but seems rather lethargic when tracking back.

Realistically i think we may see this:

Cassano Balotelli
Motta Pirlo Marchisio
Balzaretti-------------------Maggio
Bonucci De Rossi Barzagli
Buffon

Would rather see Nocerino, but Prandelli seems to like Motta.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by debaser on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:14 am

Prediction time:

Czech vs Portugal
Greece vs Germany
France vs Spain
England vs Italy

cheers
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 am

oh no!

avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:oh no!


Shut up Rio Rolling Eyes Doh
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:48 am

Ugh..is this his revenge?
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by fcb on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 am

Czech vs Portugal
Greece vs Germany
France vs Spain
England vs Italy
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Romford Pele on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:54 am

I think we're getting ahead of our stations here. Can we go back to our underdog tag please?

To be honest though,i'm liking the way we're PROGRESSing through this competition Very Happy
avatar
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Pirlo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Well, v.difficult game for us, defensively we need to be able to cope with high balls into the box, and in attack we need to be very clinical and take changes against the mass defence, and we've not bee particularly good at either in this tournament so far,

I would like to see Nocerino play in midfield, otherwise we take the pitch with 10 italiani and a DONKEY II. Tactically, we could see another shift in emphasis from Prandelli, and i wouldn't be against this, in the last 10 years we really struggle against the english style of play, so we need to have a really good game to progress,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrvNaELAjE channel the vince!
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Romford Pele on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm always surprised how Italian teams are yet to completely nullify the threat of English teams considering they all basically use the same blueprint, especially in the CL. English teams are compact and attack with pace down the wings. There have been a few occasions when this trend has been reversed, but on the whole, i'd say that English clubs have had the better of it against Italian teams in the last 10 years. We all know pretty much what to expect from Hodgson but i'm intrigued to see how the Italians will line-up.
avatar
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Pirlo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Romford Pele wrote:I'm always surprised how Italian teams are yet to completely nullify the threat of English teams considering they all basically use the same blueprint, especially in the CL. English teams are compact and attack with pace down the wings. There have been a few occasions when this trend has been reversed, but on the whole, i'd say that English clubs have had the better of it against Italian teams in the last 10 years. We all know pretty much what to expect from Hodgson but i'm intrigued to see how the Italians will line-up.

Yes, it's an issue of considerable debate here, i think it's more the direct and physical style, we have physical teams here of course, but in terms of directness and pace it's something we really don't encounter that much, but then Napoli and Udinese competed well this season and Milan did the job in one leg, i think 2nd leg was more us assuming Arsenal wouldn't bother, and the refusal to give up in apparantly hopeless situations is another trait we find surprising!

Should be a good game, different styles, and as you say, very interested to see with how much we will change tactically. I think it will be our hardest game of the tournament by far,
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Prandelli had a good record against English sides in Europe.

Sponsored content

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am