EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
Supports : Italy, Spain
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by Balls Grayson on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

I thought Balotelli was crap again. With a half decent striker they would have won at a canter

End product perhaps, but his performance was exhilarating.

Balotelli was a menace. I'm sure the English defenders would have been happy to see him leave the field.

And what a fantastic penalty. Pirlo will rightly get his credit by Balotelli was a star of the game. Fergie Fergie sign him up Very Happy Ale
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:23 pm

bluenine wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote: cheers cheers

I am off to Little Italy!!

cheers cheers

good grief Embarassed how many English poster do we have who don't support England?
He is not English. Neither am I. We support Italy because we are Serie A fans.

I remember you Bluenine, you are a Native American are you not?

I am not that kind of an Indian Razz

Then I shall find myself another straight-man Grr
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 pm

bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote: Blush Blush Blush Blush Blush

Love to hear your comments about this "shit" Italy of Prandelli who plays "sshit" football... take it all back NOW!

This is the most beautiful Italy since 2006, in-spite of the lack of quality and experience.

Very Happy Very Happy

Hey, i said i'd take it back, Prandelli played some lovely football today, i was very proud,

If only G.Rossi was fit and we had a real striker to finish all those chances Sad

Still, we thoroughly deserved to win, but the lack of goals and clinicality is the concern for this team.

Montolivo, seriously, Prandelli needs to stop this love-in! My Pirlo bailed that fucker out!

Here's a <Ale> for Cesare, and an apology from me Smiley
<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
The lack of clinical finishing is a serious issue. I was hoping to see Di Natale come in, but I guess Diamanti justified his substitution. I think the only bad Italian players on the pitch were Cassano (who was horrible) and Bonucci (Nervy). Montolivo was okay-ish, much better than what I expected out if him. Nocerino showed I was right when I wanted him to start in place of Monto. The Fullbacks were amazing. De Rossi was good, as was Balotelli inspite of his misses. Pirlo was a God.

The trouble is that it ends here. There is no way these players will recover in time for the semi final. Plus Abate may be injured, and Maggio is suspended (thanks to Young's dive!). Germany just need to wait for the 2nd half, and Italy's tired legs will not be able to play.

To be in the final 4 is quite an achievement, if G.Rossi was fit i think we could have competed further maybe, we just need a goalscorer and some more tactical consistency from the coach and better use of substitutes,

Diamnati and Montolivo Doh please Prandelli, no more!

Right-back now is going to be a big problem, a return to the 3 centre-backs and Giaccherini on the right?

I'm just enjoying being in the final 4 of Europe, it's along time since we had any national pride in the team, and i was so negative toward the coach before the tournament that i'm really enjoying him proving my doubts wrong and delivering a team to give pride back to the country, just had a whole fleet of scooters and cars go past my house, Very Happy
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Balls Grayson wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:

cheers cheers

good grief Embarassed how many English poster do we have who don't support England?

I AM NOT English.

I live in North America.

Aloha!

HIGH FIVE!

I've been to North America. Do you know Bill?

I apologise unreservedly for the confusion, I had been confused by your literacy. Clearly Obama has sorted out the education over there because I understand you perfectly Ale

Very Happy

Yes, they are doing wondrous things with curricula here.

Mate (as you all would say), I was raised in Saudi, US, and Canada. I currently reside in Canada.

Last edited by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm

COTR wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Pierre Littbarski wrote:Waddle is right that we can't pass - no prizes for that but clearly we were better than we were in SA '10.

I am not so sure, this was probably the worst game I have seen England play since McClaren days. Reaching penalties was lucky, the Italians missed way too many chances.

But to be fair, its a new coach, he needs time to build a team. Hodgson's done well. <Ale>

I wouldn't say he has done well. England have played well for about 40 minutes of this tournament. 5 against France, 20 against Sweden, 0 against Ukraine and 15 tonight.

Sticking with Young and Milner throughout despite both of them consistently being terrible was criminal.

And as for the 4-4-2, despite being overrun all night tonight Shocked

Italy are not a great team and they just made England look like a Scottish first division side.

Whatever he did you would of not of liked it. Rooney was never needed a waste of time. Even Young could of played better in the whole. England had nothing to start the Tournament with many players missing and even if they were all there nothing is ever good enough with Hodgson in charge.

Get the middle sorted we will play better we all new we were going out and making it this far was fair. <Ale>

Puro at last you name the winning side................. Remember you have picked them to win the Tournament... lol!

BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Love to hear your comments about this "shit" Italy of Prandelli who plays "sshit" football... take it all back NOW!

This is the most beautiful Italy since 2006, in-spite of the lack of quality and experience.

Very Happy Very Happy

Hey, i said i'd take it back, Prandelli played some lovely football today, i was very proud,

If only G.Rossi was fit and we had a real striker to finish all those chances Sad

Still, we thoroughly deserved to win, but the lack of goals and clinicality is the concern for this team.

Montolivo, seriously, Prandelli needs to stop this love-in! My Pirlo bailed that fucker out!

<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
The lack of clinical finishing is a serious issue. I was hoping to see Di Natale come in, but I guess Diamanti justified his substitution. I think the only bad Italian players on the pitch were Cassano (who was horrible) and Bonucci (Nervy). Montolivo was okay-ish, much better than what I expected out if him. Nocerino showed I was right when I wanted him to start in place of Monto. The Fullbacks were amazing. De Rossi was good, as was Balotelli inspite of his misses. Pirlo was a God.

The trouble is that it ends here. There is no way these players will recover in time for the semi final. Plus Abate may be injured, and Maggio is suspended (thanks to Young's dive!). Germany just need to wait for the 2nd half, and Italy's tired legs will not be able to play.

To be in the final 4 is quite an achievement, if G.Rossi was fit i think we could have competed further maybe, we just need a goalscorer and some more tactical consistency from the coach and better use of substitutes,

Right-back now is going to be a big problem, a return to the 3 centre-backs and Giaccherini on the right?

I'm just enjoying being in the final 4 of Europe, it's along time since we had any national pride in the team, and i was so negative toward the coach before the tournament that i'm really enjoying him proving my doubts wrong and delivering a team to give pride back to the country, just had a whole fleet of scooters and cars go past my house, Very Happy

we don't have a Pazzini/Gila. Borini's inclusion as pointless because Prandelli will never use him. He'll always use Di Natale or Giovinco before him.
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:Taylor and Waddle aren't speaking only in hindsight, they are making the same points that they have each made for years. The conversation goes back to Italia '90, where England had a relatively successful tournament, but supposedly only after the players, with Waddle and Barnes two of the sort of ideological instigators, pushed Bobby Robson to forego the 4-4-2.

From my perspective, the reading that is being given to England's performance this tournament - that they've at least met if not exceeded diminished expectations, and have nothing to be ashamed of, and can take several positives away - isn't particularly sensible or justified. England have been especially poor at keeping the ball in all of their matches, and that is at the same time a fundamental failing, an issue concerning the way players develop in the country, and yet didn't need to be quite so pronounced because the players who were picked for the squad should still have kept the ball better, and there are players who weren't picked, like Carrick and Guthrie, who have some of the technical and footballing qualities that the team has lacked. I don't see how England's overall performance bodes well or establishes any particular direction for the future - aside from the fact that a few talented and relatively respectable younger players have received playing time and tournament experience.

It is remarkable the way the commentators were debating Rooney's match-fitness. Certainly I think his inclusion in the tournament has proven unjustified.

Please sir, your common sense and cool calculations are normally the most welcome addition to the conversation. But this is not a time for reality or fact checking, this is a time for the England haters to rub it in the face of the English that they were knocked out at the quarter finals.

Everyone English is tainted by tonight's debacle. I for one will NEVER eat Yorkshire pudding again.

Everyone in England fully endorsed King Kenny and believed that England played the best football and were going to win the tournament.

Everyone in England is an idiot.

AND IT WAS PROVEN ON LIVE TELEVISION Grr
Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:31 pm

bluenine wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:

cheers cheers

He is not English. Neither am I. We support Italy because we are Serie A fans.

Blue are you loving this or what!!!?!?!?

cheers bounce cheers bounce
I was screaming and jumping so much after the diamanti penalty, that I scared my dog (who is by now used to my football craziness).

This was awesome, it felt as good as that win over Germany 6 years ago.

No way, no way, not even close for me, definately our best moment since the World Cup final though,

Honestly thought we so wasteful that England would somehow fluke it, and then when Montolivo Doh missed the penalty i thought here we go again, so much penalty heartache - 1990, 1994, 1998, 2008,

I just love Pirlo right now, absolutely love him, all the Pirlo doubters, all the Milanisti who thought we were right to get rid of him, i just LOVE him,! Run 2006, run 2008, injured 2010 but now running this tournament 2012 for us lol! Blush Blush

That penalty, that penalty, balls and technique of a giant ! Sheep
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

Unfortunately Prandelli does not have the talent to fall back upon that this predecessors had. Not just in defence (no more Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, etc), but even in attack (Balotelli is no Vieri, Cassano is no Totti/Baggio). But they are making up for that deficiency by playing with more heart and determination.

As for RB, if Abate cannot recover, then it could mean a return to the wing backs with either Giaccherini or even Borini - why not, he has the physique to do it.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:Taylor and Waddle aren't speaking only in hindsight, they are making the same points that they have each made for years. The conversation goes back to Italia '90, where England had a relatively successful tournament, but supposedly only after the players, with Waddle and Barnes two of the sort of ideological instigators, pushed Bobby Robson to forego the 4-4-2.

From my perspective, the reading that is being given to England's performance this tournament - that they've at least met if not exceeded diminished expectations, and have nothing to be ashamed of, and can take several positives away - isn't particularly sensible or justified. England have been especially poor at keeping the ball in all of their matches, and that is at the same time a fundamental failing, an issue concerning the way players develop in the country, and yet didn't need to be quite so pronounced because the players who were picked for the squad should still have kept the ball better, and there are players who weren't picked, like Carrick and Guthrie, who have some of the technical and footballing qualities that the team has lacked. I don't see how England's overall performance bodes well or establishes any particular direction for the future - aside from the fact that a few talented and relatively respectable younger players have received playing time and tournament experience.

It is remarkable the way the commentators were debating Rooney's match-fitness. Certainly I think his inclusion in the tournament has proven unjustified.

The hope for England's future lies with the Burton Academy project.

Because the Premier League academy set up is clearly not helping the national team.

We'll see in 10 years Laughing
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 pm

bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

Unfortunately Prandelli does not have the talent to fall back upon that this predecessors had. Not just in defence (no more Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, etc), but even in attack (Balotelli is no Vieri, Cassano is no Totti/Baggio). But they are making up for that deficiency by playing with more heart and determination.

As for RB, if Abate cannot recover, then it could mean a return to the wing backs with either Giaccherini or even Borini - why not, he has the physique to do it.

YOU KNOW HE SHOULD BE THERE Biggrin lol!

Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:

Certainly.

But had Rooney not been included, had Rooney not started, England would have needed to win the tournament to justify his exclusion.

Could you take Jordan Henderson and not take Wayne Rooney?

Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 pm

This board is so predictable...

Hodgson overachieved and IMO got the maximum out of the squad he took, however if Jordan Henderson is the answer then I don't want know what the question is.

If Spain play Tiki Taka, then we play Bricka Bricka. However people now look favourably on the NT again and we can hopefully move forward from here and Woy can develop a more expansive playing style given time.

Pirlo was a boss and Italy deserved it fully. Balotelli probably didn't even realise the gravity of the situation.

Joe Hart - if you are going to pull all those stunts then at least save a penalty FFS!

P.S. I feel it for the kids named Ashley who'll be bullied at school tomorrow.

Last edited by Deluded F*ck on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

we don't have a Pazzini/Gila. Borini's inclusion as pointless because Prandelli will never use him. He'll always use Di Natale or Giovinco before him.

But Pazzini & Gila are shite. They have no business to be anywhere near this squad. You do have a point that perhaps Prandelli should have picked Destro over Borini, for that extra finisher in games like these. But then, you never know, young Borini may be reborn as a wing back out of necessity in the next game.

Hindsight is always helpful, at that time I was glad that Prandelli is taking at least 1 wide forward just for that extra option.
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Blush Magic

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873

Post by Brian2468 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

The hope for England's future lies with the Burton Academy project.

Because the Premier League academy set up is clearly not helping the national team.

We'll see in 10 years Laughing

If the board lasts that long we will see. I've heard the top clubs will always get the cream players and Burton Academy will not help.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Pirlo wrote: Blush Magic
<Ale>
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Deluded F*ck wrote:

Joe Hart - if you are going to pull all those stunts then at least save a penalty FFS!

He might as well try, to be fair.

There's no harm in it..
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Deluded F*ck wrote: people now look favourably on the NT again

I would like to see a list of names. You realise "people" implies more than one?

Deluded F*ck wrote: Woy can develop a more expansive playing style given time.

I'm not sure that's true.
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:
Deluded F*ck wrote:

There's no harm in it..

<Ale>

was the only entertainment of the evening

although by the time Diamanti took his penalty, Hart looked bereft of confidence.

Any idea who England's 5th penalty taker was going to be?
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:44 pm

4-4-fucking 2

cheers
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 pm

bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote: Blush Magic
<Ale>

Amazing how many gifs are uploaded by Dutchies. Very Happy

Dutch tv.
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Deluded F*ck wrote:

There's no harm in it..

If Young and Cole hadn't missed it could have been very different tactic to keep the pressure on,

don't blame him at all for trying to give an edge and instead feel credit to our players for not letting it affect them in the slightest.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 pm

bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

But Pazzini & Gila are shite. They have no business to be anywhere near this squad. You do have a point that perhaps Prandelli should have picked Destro over Borini, for that extra finisher in games like these. But then, you never know, young Borini may be reborn as a wing back out of necessity in the next game.

Hindsight is always helpful, at that time I was glad that Prandelli is taking at least 1 wide forward just for that extra option.

They know how to find the net and get in the right positions. Obviously in a tight game, players like Pazzini or Gila can become useless because they contribute very little in terms of build up play, but in a game like this where Italy are dominating it is fine to put someone like that on. He doesn't have to start them, but they are a good option to bring on.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Pirlo is one of my favorite players ever and one of the best midfielders ever.

What a player,best performance by one player in this tournament so far imo.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:52 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
They know how to find the net and get in the right positions. Obviously in a tight game, players like Pazzini or Gila can become useless because they contribute very little in terms of build up play, but in a game like this where Italy are dominating it is fine to put someone like that on. He doesn't have to start them, but they are a good option to bring on.

Yeah, in theory you are right. But the form Pazzini & Gila are in, Bonucci might have a better chance to finish those chances. Plus, Pazza & Gila bring nothing else to the team - I think Prandelli put it beautifully in the conference after he has selected his short list. This team cannot afford to play with 10 men.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Deluded F*ck wrote:

There's no harm in it..

If Young and Cole hadn't missed it could have been very different tactic to keep the pressure on,

don't blame him at all for trying to give an edge and instead feel credit to our players for not letting it affect them in the slightest.

ok Exactly.

It's not like he's trying to psyche them out so that they let him save the fucking thing anyway..I would imagine the entire point is that he's trying to psyche them out into missing the target completely...perhaps it worked one time tonight. If Young and Cole score..then he's won.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Disco Benny wrote:On the plus side, we would have got utterly destroyed by Germany.

Whilst the performance from the 47th minute onwards was somewhat shameful, the result wasnt.

I could have seen Germany hit 4 or 5 against us tonight.

As for Italy, they cannot expect to be that wasteful and go any further.

I thought Balotelli was crap again. With a half decent striker they would have won at a canter

At least you get to go back to sucking German cock without any guilt ok
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 pm

after the Pirlo bukkake is finally done, someone hand him a damp cloth and tell him that I don't think his corners were very good tonight.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:00 am

Balls Grayson wrote:

Please sir, your common sense and cool calculations are normally the most welcome addition to the conversation. But this is not a time for reality or fact checking, this is a time for the England haters to rub it in the face of the English that they were knocked out at the quarter finals.

Everyone English is tainted by tonight's debacle. I for one will NEVER eat Yorkshire pudding again.

Everyone in England fully endorsed King Kenny and believed that England played the best football and were going to win the tournament.

Everyone in England is an idiot.

AND IT WAS PROVEN ON LIVE TELEVISION Grr

Balls, your new persona is top notch. More please Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 pm