EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: EURO 2012 Quarter Finals

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:03 am

All Ashleys must die. At least it wasn't technically a Villa player letting the side down this time Whistle
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:10 am

‏@LiterallyJamie

England's Brave John Terry trudges off the pitch, and enters the Italian dressing room to celebrate with his new teammates.
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:59 am

Chipping it down the middle doesn't always work for Pirlo

Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:49 am

Within his limited mindset Hodgson did about as well as possible. BUT, it was clear that Gerrard was twatted from about the 70th minute onwards, and consequently, our midfield would continue to be over run. I understand this (shit) team aren't going to even get 45% possession, but we need a foothold to play with - to be able to be composed on the ball when we do have possession. Continuing with a version of 4-4-2 where it wasn't so much two banks of 4 as opposed to an amalgamated bank of 8 was not a viable option, and that was evident at half time.

I understand Hodgson's philosophy, but how it is realistic to expect two midfielders to expect to track three Italian midfielders convincingly for 90 minutes. Pirlo was absolutely brilliant, but if we got through, Ozil would have had a field day, not to mention the freedom the Spanish midfield would have. Rooney may be able to drop deep, but if their deep lying playmaker can spray passes around, why bother?

Sadly, Hodgson is clearly stuck in his ways. This team will probably get better - Wilshere - and surely Milner will not continue to be a starter, right? But ultimately, it will succumb to the same problems evidenced throughout this tournament.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 am

David Bowie Life on Mars provides an apt backdrop for tonight's events.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:41 am

Any word from Sepp Blatter this morning on that alternative to penalties?
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 am

Count me in as well. Been an Azzurri fan since 1992

bluenine wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote: cheers cheers

I am off to Little Italy!!

cheers cheers

good grief Embarassed how many English poster do we have who don't support England?
He is not English. Neither am I. We support Italy because we are Serie A fans.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:06 am

Where are you from?
Tarun

Post by Tarun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:09 am

India
christmasborocooper wrote:Where are you from?
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:20 am

Crazy. I did always assume you were Italian.

Are there actually any Italians on here? Even Pirlo has a bit of English in him I do believe.

Tarun

Post by Tarun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 am

Good question! I think Pirlo is Italian. I remember there was this poster called Black Magic, a Roma supporter...I think he was an Italian as too.
christmasborocooper wrote:Crazy. I did always assume you were Italian.

Are there actually any Italians on here? Even Pirlo has a bit of English in him I do believe.

Tarun

Post by Tarun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:27 am

Tarun wrote:Good question! I think Pirlo is Italian. I remember there was this poster called Black Magic, a Roma supporter...I think he is an Italian too.
christmasborocooper wrote:Crazy. I did always assume you were Italian.

christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 am

Pretty sure Black Magic was English too actually!

Assuming we're talking about the Arsenal fan? Got a feeling he was a Londoner.
Tarun

Post by Tarun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 am

I could be mistaken. I remember him posting some reference articles in Italian so I assumed
christmasborocooper wrote:Pretty sure Black Magic was English too actually!

Assuming we're talking about the Arsenal fan? Got a feeling he was a Londoner.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am

Could well have been, given that I thought you were Italian, I could well be wrong about him being English lol!

Someone will know.
Tarun

Post by Tarun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 am

Smile
christmasborocooper wrote:Could well have been, given that I thought you were Italian, I could well be wrong about him being English lol!

Someone will know.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:09 am

Isn't Pirlo from Bergamo or Brescia? (like the real one lol)
And I'm from Florence
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:26 am

So not many of the posters on here who support Italy are actually Italian.

Yet I doubt any of them are as repetitiously derogatory about their nation of birth as The Worm. He should be taken off benefits and locked in the Tower of London with the entire cast of "The Only Way is Essex" for the rest of eternity Ale

With time to reflect on last night's game: I'm not at all happy or proud about how England played yesterday post second half. We got what we deserved. There is no question at all.

From an England supporter's point of view however, it's still our national team. You take the rough with the smooth. And we take plenty of rough being an England supporter, given half the World already hates you for the association with cringing and insular media, and if you're not already deemed a hooligan you're accused of being a brainwashed sheep for often simply daring to approach a game with some positivity. Despite following a team who ritually disappoint.

Perhaps one day we'll have something to cheer about. But that requires the incompetent old men in charge of the FA to instigate real changes to the entire coaching set up, instead of lamenting over and over again after each tournament how far behind we are the top nations.

Burton is a start, but you have to ask questions why it's taken this long. Perfect example: the decision to change all youth games from 11V11 to 7V7 down to 5V5 so kids get more touches of the ball only got voted on this year. And even then, 15% of those voters in the FA VOTED AGAINST IT! A system so simple and having been implemented abroad for years, and there are still people of influence in the FA who thought it wasn't a good idea! It's mind boggling.

Aside from providing a centre of excellence for English youngsters otherwise lost in the poor skilled academies of clubs, Burton's secondary function will be to up the number of accredited coaches in England from current level of approximately 3,000 to numbers that begin to match Spain / Germany / Italy (closer to 30,000). Again, mind boggling that it has taken this long to implement something so obvious.

Until the FA become more forward thinking, quarter finals will remain our level. That is life. Disappointing, but reality. And despite all that, it could be worse. We could be Peru Ale

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 am

Disco Benny wrote:So not many of the posters on here who support Italy are actually Italian.

Yet I doubt any of them are as repetitiously derogatory about their nation of birth as The Worm. He should be taken off benefits and locked in the Tower of London with the entire cast of "The Only Way is Essex" for the rest of eternity Ale

With time to reflect on last night's game: I'm not at all happy or proud about how England played yesterday post second half. We got what we deserved. There is no question at all.

From an England supporter's point of view however, it's still our national team. You take the rough with the smooth. And we take plenty of rough being an England supporter, given half the World already hates you for the association with cringing and insular media, and if you're not already deemed a hooligan you're accused of being a brainwashed sheep for often simply daring to approach a game with some positivity. Despite following a team who ritually disappoint.

Perhaps one day we'll have something to cheer about. But that requires the incompetent old men in charge of the FA to instigate real changes to the entire coaching set up, instead of lamenting over and over again after each tournament how far behind we are the top nations.

Burton is a start, but you have to ask questions why it's taken this long. Perfect example: the decision to change all youth games from 11V11 to 7V7 down to 5V5 so kids get more touches of the ball only got voted on this year. And even then, 15% of those voters in the FA VOTED AGAINST IT! A system so simple and having been implemented abroad for years, and there are still people of influence in the FA who thought it wasn't a good idea! It's mind boggling.

Aside from providing a centre of excellence for English youngsters otherwise lost in the poor skilled academies of clubs, Burton's secondary function will be to up the number of accredited coaches in England from current level of approximately 3,000 to numbers that begin to match Spain / Germany / Italy (closer to 30,000). Again, mind boggling that it has taken this long to implement something so obvious.

Until the FA become more forward thinking, quarter finals will remain our level. That is life. Disappointing, but reality. And despite all that, it could be worse. We could be Peru Ale

oooo Are you gonna tell them they can't support Italy like I support us(Spain,Uruguay and Russia)?
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:07 am

Well..it's not like they can support India.
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:12 am

christmasborocooper wrote:Well..it's not like they can support India.

What bollocks, we (India) are the best champions of the Nehru cup!

You English fans are just jealous you can't produce technical players such as Bhutia, Climax Lawrence and Chhetri Grr
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 am

Bhutia is Chinese, isn't he?
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:21 am

Pras_tama wrote:Bhutia is Chinese, isn't he?

Nah, he was the Indian fella who played for Bury. Widely regarded as our greatest player I do believe.
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:24 am

abundance wrote:Isn't Pirlo from Bergamo or Brescia? (like the real one lol)
And I'm from Florence

ok I have english/irish immigrant grandparents, live just outside of Nuvolento to the North of the city, and work in the Natural History Museum, he's a favourite because he's one of us Cool

Rest of the family from Milano, all industrial labourers.

Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:25 am

India never had a player like Dhorasoo yet*, Mauritius Ale

*-Though hearing good things about Narsingh.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 am

Worm dear boy: why should one have a problem with who they support, given they are not complete bellends when India play? I don't see any of them purporting the ludicrous notion that because they support Italy - or whoever else they choose to - that they are elevated to a level of individual superiority over their fellow Indians?

When Bluenine floods the message board with claims that Indians are arrogant pricks whilst continuously referring to himself as Italian, Mongolian and Uruguyan, then you two will have something in common Ale

Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 am

Murray wrote:Chipping it down the middle doesn't always work for Pirlo

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qAYNB-4nTBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sometimes it does, remeber this against the greatest himself Very Happy

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 am

Disco Benny wrote:Worm dear boy: why should one have a problem with who they support, given they are not complete bellends when India play? I don't see any of them purporting the ludicrous notion that because they support Italy - or whoever else they choose to - that they are elevated to a level of individual superiority over their fellow Indians?

When Bluenine floods the message board with claims that Indians are arrogant pricks whilst continuously referring to himself as Italian, Mongolian and Uruguyan, then you two will have something in common Ale

Smiley
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:46 am

Fantastic stuff here.

worms.

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 am

Young - passing 84 Pirlo passing - 79 Laugh

Pes Stats > Sticker stats

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am