Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Team of the group stages

Post by Kroos on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:39 am

Fade out wrote:
Kroos wrote:omg how overrated is hummels

only because he is going forward, who cares

he was responsible for our 2 conceded goals

Should have conceded more too.

Though Badstubber isn't free of errors himself. Could have eliminated Germany..

ask ramos and his kung fu jump in the box jocolor
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 am

Srna is right. Spain/Germany favorites getting free ride this tournament. Rolling Eyes
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:47 am

Fade out wrote:Srna is right. Spain/Germany favorites getting free ride this tournament. Rolling Eyes

really? link plz
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:50 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/20/euro-2012-croatia-spain-referee?newsfeed=true
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:09 am

Neuer
Debuchy - Agger - Pepe - Coentrao
Gerrard - Pirlo
Iniesta - Ibrahimovic - Silva
Mandzukic

Mentions: Cassillas, Selassie, Hummels, Khedira, De Rossi, Krohn-Deli, Dzagoev, Gomez.

The weak point is clearly the CB's this time. No team is great at defending yet. And I do realise that my team has no DMs (prandelli style), but the deep playmakers have been the highlight of this tournament so far. Too many Pirlo-isque players making a mark. I guess that is the new trend. But if you are looking for a more balanced team with a DM, I would go for:

Neuer
Debuchy - Agger - Pepe - Coentrao
Gerrard - Pirlo - Khedira
Iniesta
Mandzukic - Ibrahimovic
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:20 am

Neuer

Selassie - Schildenfeld - Hummels - Ashley Cole

Gerrard - Pirlo

Silva - Dzagoev - Pilar

Zlatan or Madzukic

Bench: Buffon, Terry, Debuchy, Coentrao, Schweini, Iniesta, Gomez

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:55 am

Think Gerrards performances are getting overrated,not worthy of a place in the starting 11 imo.At least 5 CM's have been better than him.And lets be honest,even though Xavi hasn't been at his best he has still been better than Gerrard,Xavi gets judged at a much higher standard than nearly every other player,even his poor games would still be great games for nearly everybody else.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 am

Yes I agree there is an element of "Average Xavi" compared to what has gone on before BUT Gerrard has surely impressed everyone with the maturity of his performances compared to the past. Besides Xavi is playing the same role he always has whereas this sitting CM position in a defensive system is new territory for Gerrard.

He's kept the shape, he's not gone into headless chicken mode chasing the ball, he's not made excessive Hollywood passes, he's made many a timely interception and tackle and chipped in with key assists + his set-piece delivery has been of a very high standard.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 am

I don't see point of Xavi when Xabi Alonso plays, and vice-versa.. At least when Xabi plays, it allows them to get that steely resolve and height in set-pieces.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 am

I agree he has improved a lot.I'm surprised because he has been very average the last 3 years,I hope he takes this maturity and form into next season.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:58 am

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Yes I agree there is an element of "Average Xavi" compared to what has gone on before BUT Gerrard has surely impressed everyone with the maturity of his performances compared to the past. Besides Xavi is playing the same role he always has whereas this sitting CM position in a defensive system is new territory for Gerrard.

He's kept the shape, he's not gone into headless chicken mode chasing the ball, he's not made excessive Hollywood passes, he's made many a timely interception and tackle and chipped in with key assists + his set-piece delivery has been of a very high standard.

Very much agree. And he's also playing alongside a clearly unfit and off-the-pace Scott Parker (who apparently is being give multiple painkilling injections for his ankle). At times this tournament it has looked like Gerrard playing on his own against opposition midfields, and yet he has done it without the headless chicken routine - tactically looked very aware and his use of the ball consistently excellent.

I had reservations of how he would cope in a 2 man midfield given his tendency to roam, but he's proved to be capable so far. Against upcoming, better quality midfields will be interesting though.

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Fade out wrote:I don't see point of Xavi when Xabi Alonso plays, and vice-versa.. At least when Xabi plays, it allows them to get that steely resolve and height in set-pieces.

That's a pretty pathetic attempt at a windup Laughing

Try harder Ale
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Fade out wrote:I don't see point of Xavi when Xabi Alonso plays, and vice-versa.. At least when Xabi plays, it allows them to get that steely resolve and height in set-pieces.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:48 pm

When you troll try to be less obvious.worms is the master of trolling. <Ale> Biggrin
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 pm

I wasn't trolling. Some obnoxious wankers here don't know to take an opinion that goes against their ingrain.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:33 am