FC Bayern 2012/13

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: FC Bayern 2012/13

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Jaime wrote:Apparently Pep's only two signings next summer will be Silva and Isco. He wants a midfield of Javi Martinez-Silva-Isco. So much for the conveyer belt! lol!

What a kick in die bitterballens that would be if it occurred Laughing

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Apparently, Pep started to learn German in November, a month before he signed the contract. He is a man of good taste and will never do such silly things. Ale

Still, can see them sign Sisqo. Would fit in the young Spaniard bracket I mentioned earlier.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 pm

What a non-signing. First of all Titacancernova is proving Pep is nothing special second,Bayern are already dominating and humiliating basically everyone. Very safe choice from Pep.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 pm

They signed him for Europe primarily. Bayern haven't been dominating there for a decade.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Until we understand that among all major team sports football is the one where the coach has the least among of effect, on match day, we will never fully understand what pep has done at barca. football is not like basketball where the coach can call a time out and change the game by changing the entire team for example.

a football coach work is all done on the training field. well 90 percent of it, so to think that when a coach leaves all the work he has done Over the years goes with him, And if it doesn't then it was all the players is wide of the mark.

If it all goes to shit after he leaves it points to him not being a great coach/trainer/tactician. And perhaps more a motivator of men. He gets the players to reach there max potential but doesn't really him prove them.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:35 am

In the end coaches are overrated and 90% of them are as good as their material. #period.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:48 pm

It's 'charity matches' like today vs. Alemannia Aachen, the city I moved to recently, that make me truly respect Bayern, a club with a real 'social concience', a rarity these days. Not the first time Bayern helped to save a bankrupt club with tradition from extinction. Ale
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 pm

lol!

This is beyond narcism. Never mind the fact he speaks about himself in the 3th person nor the fact he uses I 10th times in a sentence. But to say he laid the foundations for Pep to get succes with for both Barca and Bayern is a bit much.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 am

Doesn't surprise me a little, always thought he's a complete idiot.
An idiot that knows about football many orders of magnitude more than me, but still a complete idiot. =)

Regarding Pep at Bayern, bloody hell this is friggin interesting.
I think what's to be highlighted here is not the fact that he chose an easy job, but that he chose, among all the big clubs that were begging for him, the one that is more inclined to stability.
You can see that the ambition here is not merely about wins and trophies but about creating a legacy.
Also, respect to the teutons for having the humility to acknowledge that they need to step up their game by learning from the current masters.

Fey wrote:In the end coaches are overrated and 90% of them are as good as their material. #period.
Absolutely, couldn't agree more.
The old saying here - I think I posted this already in the past - is that the 90% of a coach's job is just about not ruining things.
(and this is why coaching big clubs is hard: there's way more to ruin there than in smaller jobs)

Still, beyond the ups and downs of games and seasons, there are players, coaches, and directors who are able to create a legacy, and others that aren't.
Think about what the dutchmen did for Barca. Guardiola really seems set to do the same for someone else.

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 am

abundance wrote:
Fey wrote:In the end coaches are overrated and 90% of them are as good as their material. #period.
Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

That's a strange thing to say for you as an Inter fan, knowing how things fell apart ever since Mourinho left. But the tactical setup and team selection are just one part of the equation. There is also the commercial side of management, which includes transfers, for instance. While on the continent, the sporting and commercial side tend to be seperated, with different people responsible (sporting director and coach), it's quite different in England, for example, where managers usually do both. So good management is a precondition to have those good players / team to begin with, the team that the manager supposedly doesn't really improve most of the time.

Re: stability at Bayern

What kind of 'stability' are we talking about here? Especially the English media went on about Pep prefering the stability of Bayern to the 'hire and fire' mentality in London and hence 'snubbing' Chelsea. The problem is that a quick Wikipedia check would have shown these 'journalists' how flawed that argument is, knowing that only Real Madrid changed managers more often in the last few decades than Bayern.

The only stability in München is the stability of the people running the club, the stability of Hoeness pulling the strings for almost four decades. But how is that 'stability' different to Chelsea, for example, where Abramovich is running the show ever since he bought the club (and likely will continue to do so)? How is it different to many other big clubs around Europe?

Pep chose Bayern because Bayern are a proper club with huge tradition and history, with proper management from bottom to top, a very good team capable of winning big titles and following a philosophy close to his own, a good youth academy and last but not least a league on the rise. Pep chose Bayern because they are simply a better and more significant club than Chelsea, Man City or God knows what other club was interested.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 am

Pep's new job is even easier than I originally thought:
http://experimental361.com/2013/01/21/attacking-effectiveness-europe/

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 am

Or harder, depending on how you look at it: How to improve something that is already close to perfection (going by statistics alone, of course)?

As I said, especially if Bayern manage to win the CL under Heynckes this season, which isn't far fetched considering how close they came to winning it last season and they have actually improved considerably ever since, the pressure on Pep will be very high, as will be the expectations.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Or harder, depending on how you look at it: How to improve something that is already close to perfection (going by statistics alone, of course)?

As I said, especially if Bayern manage to win the CL under Heynckes this season, which isn't far fetched considering how close they came to winning it last season and they have actually improved considerably ever since, the pressure on Pep will be very high, as will be the expectations.

I can see where you're coming from, and I would love bayern to win everything this season, just to hear the excuses if/when he fails to repeat it.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 am

i am utterly annoyed about the Super Mario Gomez Situation, you can`t bench a player of his calibre

in the last 2 years he played 116 games for bayern, and he made fecking 110 scorer points

i understand jupp, this team was very successfull in the first half of the season, but gomez is simply another league to mandzukic, and we need him in the CL thats for sure, mandzukic adds zero presence in the box, yeah mandzukic scored again after months of decline, but those goals were all gifts
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Bayern are being linked to Suarez and Falcao left and right. Not sure if that improves Gomez' mood these days though...

Bayern have looked a bit stale this year so far. Is it "Heynckes time" again (second half of the season usually considerably worse than the first)? Sammer is already fuming.

You're 12 points ahead of Dortmund and as long as you continue to bag in three points with those stale performances, you'll be fine. But the Dortmund machine is oiled and well running again. And unlike you guys, they tend to really steamroll the opposition in the second half of the season. So while 12 points look like a very comfortable lead, Bayern better beware. I wouldn't count my chickens just yet.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 pm

yeah dortmund scares me, on form they are hard to beat, there football is something else and annoying to play against

they can beat us in the dfb cup and in the cl, the gap in the league is still to much for them

i think thats all media crap (falcao, suarez , 280 million transfer budget), there is not much room for improvement in terms of player material, only just in movement in the final third of the field, here i expect the biggest improvement

what we lack is a iniesta/messi type, they produce some genius moments when it matters to find/create some deadly space in the final third, here we have problems, because its sometimes very hard to score the first goal, every team defends against us

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 pm

I totally agree on the Iniesta type of player, as I wrote earlier myself. A player like Özil would fit like a glove, or Götze, or even Reus. Bayern really should have done everything to sign Reus when he was available.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 pm

i am not sure about özil, he is more a counter attacking player, bayern always have possession, he won`t have the same amount of space like in madrid

or its just about the mourinho tactic, for me its hard to judge özil right now, one thing is for sure, he can deliver genius moments very often, i am not sure if he can do this when there is a wall in front of him, here i rate götze higher, because he is a very good dribbler, very close ball control and has also the surprise element

and there is no way that madrid would let him go, its there only quality CAM
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

I have a feeling he will try to sign isco/Silva, he has always rated thiago highly and they have a good relationship and he has said he see thiago developing into a game winner so if he moves for a barca player he maybe him.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Özil can do it in tight spaces, too, as he has shown numerous times for Germany and even a few times for Madrid. Both Özil and Götze are great dribblers, Götze actually has a slightly better touch, but Özil's vision is still slightly ahead. Difficult to say who has more potential, since both are as good as it gets considering their young age, especially Götze.

Özil is the more established player, but I think signing Götze would be just as difficult, knowing that he is born and bread in Dortmund and a club icon. If Özil is unhappy in Madrid, Bayern may be able to lure him back to the fatherland. A lot depends on if Mourinho stays in Madrid this summer and who replaces him if he leaves, of course.

Özil would truly flourish in a footballing team, a possession side. The more he sees of the ball, the more he can do with it and help the team that way. I'm quite sure about that.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:27 pm

messiah wrote:I have a feeling he will try to sign isco/Silva, he has always rated thiago highly and they have a good relationship and he has said he see thiago developing into a game winner so if he moves for a barca player he maybe him.

Isco is a good shot. If Bayern sign Spaniards, I expect them to be young ones, not the established superstars.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 pm

a few days ago isco signed a new contract

maybe with a buyout clause, who knows
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Yeah a 35m payout clause moving it from 21, so you know he will leave soon.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Apparently, he has a €40m buyout clause.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm

@Blut

Hows Javi Martinez doing in Germany? Has he justified (or come close) his price tag?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 pm

He had a slow start, as he had to get used to the new environment and league, but slowly but surely established himself as a starter and has done quite well for a while now. Still has some room for improvement, but I think he's getting there.

€40m was a lot of money, but if he helps Bayern to finally win the league again or even win the CL, it'll be worth it.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Analysis of Bayern's defence this season by Ottmar Hitzfeld, a number of interesting Bundesliga stats included (German):

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/hitzfeld-bayerns-abwehr-stark-dank-dante-und-jupp-heynckes-a-880797.html
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Kroos