FC Bayern 2012/13

Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: FC Bayern 2012/13

Post by Effenberg on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:01 pm

I feel terrible for Badstuber. He had just gotten back into the swing of things. His season appears over.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Kroos

Post by Kroos on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:01 pm

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

STATS

bayern is the 2nd best possession team in europe, and is also the 2nd best in term of passing success
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:08 pm

NeoChap

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Post by NeoChap on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm

This is great news. Pep with Kroos, and the potential for some amazing CL clashes with Barca. We'll get to see how he manages in a very different environment, without the bullshit of being under Abramovitch or being the long awaited successor to Fergie. I'm sure Munich can supply their own drama, but this has much more potential to create a great superpower rivalry in Europe, and might benefit the international game indirectly too.

Wonder how long it takes him to have one of his falling outs with Robben? Will Martinez benefit or be the teacher's pet? How will the defence develop? And Gomez? Really exciting, he even has a bit of time to work on the language.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Robben will be out or on the bench for sure, Muller will be hi Pedro, up front is the only place he will have some work to do, the defense and midfield or as close to barca as it gets.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Great coup for Bayern.

Bundeesliga 1 Everyone else 0
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Indeed, bit of a slap in the face for English football, woulda thought the media might have learnt to behave by now.

Apparently it's Dortmund who are the biggest losers from the whole affair though, I'm being taunted from all sides right now despite not even being a Dortmund "fan" Rolling Eyes
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Just heard that Luis Enrique is going to be his #2.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Jaime wrote:Just heard that Luis Enrique is going to be his #2.

I was wondering who it would be, great news when he leaves Luis will move on to another club and pep and his pupils will rule Europe for years.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Looks like Pep didn't have the bottle to go and manage a team in the EPL.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

TM wrote:Looks like Pep didn't have the bottle to go and manage a team in the EPL.
How dare you Grr
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
TM wrote:Looks like Pep didn't have the bottle to go and manage a team in the EPL.
How dare you Grr

Laughing

Seriously, what a pussy! No disrespect to Bayern, but winning the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich is hardly a difficult task.
TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 pm

PL will be next. This guy has a plan.

Good on him for not going to City or Chelsea too.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:20 pm

TM wrote:
Seriously, what a pussy! No disrespect to Bayern, but winning the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich is hardly a difficult task.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 pm

TM wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
How dare you Grr

Laughing

It will be psg after that i reckon followed by the qatar national team, which by then will have a load of naturalised brazilians/catalans

Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Great coup for Bayern.

Bundeesliga 1 Everyone else 0

fantastic news for the Bundesliga

Ale

even if this will probably mean the title will go to Dortmund next season

you have to feel sorry for Heynckes though, who has done brilliant work at Bayern

they break record after record playing attractive football ;

pep will find it hard to top this

he is one lucky son of a bitch though

Sammer is in his corner and will protect his back

Klinsi or van Gaal never had a Sammer by their side

-----------

rather amusingly, Horny Sven is now also on his way to Munich

just across the street, he will probably soon train Bayern arch rivals 1860

--------

fascinating stuff for my humble self

I have already watched training sessions with

Hitzfeld, Klinsi, van Gaal, Heynckes, the 1860 coaches

and soon

Pep and Sven

the best one so far was Heynckes BY FAR

the worst, ironically, NOT Klinsi

but van Gaal

cannot wait to see how Pep trains to unleash his Barca magic

cheers

Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 pm

It is rather unimaginative a move to be honest. Whilst the likes of Dortmund and Schalke are able to mount the odd resistance to the Bayern dominance, neither are set up to compete financially and you sense it will not be sustained.

Pep will be given all the financial backing ge needs, its a no brainer Bayern will be back on top of the roost both domestically and in Europe, with or without him.

Would have liked to see how he fared at a club where it's a little less certain, like Mourinho did at Madrid or Inter. Whilst personally delighted he didn't choose Chelsea, if Man City are to stay in the upper echelons of the premier league and a constant reminder, i'd have preferred to see them play under a manager of his ilk over mancini, if anything not to dent further our chances each season of being given a 4th place CL spot.

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Otto
Why will the title go to Dortmund next season?

And what was so bad about Van Gaal's training?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Disco Benny wrote:It is rather unimaginative a move to be honest. Whilst the likes of Dortmund and Schalke are able to mount the odd resistance to the Bayern dominance, neither are set up to compete financially and you sense it will not be sustained.

Pep will be given all the financial backing ge needs, its a no brainer Bayern will be back on top of the roost both domestically and in Europe, with or without him.

Would have liked to see how he fared at a club where it's a little less certain, like Mourinho did at Madrid or Inter. Whilst personally delighted he didn't choose Chelsea, if Man City are to stay in the upper echelons of the premier league and a constant reminder, i'd have preferred to see them play under a manager of his ilk over mancini, if anything not to dent further our chances each season of being given a 4th place CL spot.

"Odd resistance"? Seriously? Dortmund have won the league twice in a row (and last year the Pokal even) , beating Bayern numerous times on the way and have remained undefeated by them for years, signed the German player of the year who Bayern would have loved to sign also, for good reason as could be seen in this year's CL season, signed a number of the most promising upcoming talent, too, and you call it the "odd resistance"? Mind boggling...

It's Dortmund that have pushed Bayern to their current "flawless" form this season, Bayern haven't won anything in years and have even been outperformed internationally by Dortmund this season, who did better in a much tougher group. Thanks to Dortmund, Bayern finally have that challenge they needed at home to really become a dominant European powerhouse again, a title winning powerhouse that is.

The only dominance Bayern still have in Germany is financial. But that factor is less of an issue in a league where excellent talent seems to grow on trees these days and can be picked up for a pittance. And more importantly, a league that has a number of promising, "modern" coaches working on a winning formula to get the best out of that talent.

Whatever, Guardiola is good for Bayern, in sporting and prestige / marketing terms, and Bayern and the Bundesliga are good for Guardiola, a much tougher challenge than some seem to realise. The level of competition will further increase, Dortmund and Bayern will continue to push each other to new heights and take the league with them. But domestic titles won't suffice for Bayern, they want European dominance, another tough challenge in the era of Barcelona hegemony. Pep can hardly be accused to have chosen the easy road.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Wow Blut is back. Finally got over the Euros Wink
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 pm

One has to understand pep thinking when trying to come to a decision, he would have gone to either city or Chelsea with their Bucks of cash. Now considering the fact the he has pawned sir Alex and wenger at every opportunity and with Jose being his bitch. I say Jose because odds are he will be returning to the Prem next season, unless he wants to take on the challenge that is psg, like he took on the challenge that was inter.
so the Prem isn't a challenge to him, he has already bested the best managers England has to offer.

Now that leaves Italy and Germany

Now I am sure he would have looked the challenge of besting conte, but he is a smart man and knows he will need to have a good team to do that or at least the money to start to build a good team, none of which are available in italy at the moment, and to build a team would take longer than he will stay at any club.

Then he thought to himself, England too easy, Italy too hard, but their is this guy in Germany that I really want to test myself against, klopp and durtmund plus the german league is probably the most competitive in Europe top to bottom plus Bayern really want to dominate in Europe.
Challenge accepted
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm

debaser wrote:Wow Blut is back. Finally got over the Euros Wink

That debacle vs. Sweden was a much nastier pill to swallow than the self-amputation vs. Italy.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 am

debaser wrote:Wow Blut is back. Finally got over the Euros Wink

cheers

I heart Blut.

Fey has been bullying us constantly in your absence Blutty.

Re Dortmund - absolutely no one is doubting they are something special at the moment, and the way they have arrived at this point with a core of talented youngsters is very impressive. Do you think they will hold onto their team for the coming years? I remember Leverkusen having a ridiculously talented side early 2000's and their squad was picked apart, in no small part by Bayern.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but assuming Dortmund win nothing this season (title is unlikely 12 points behind Bayern, CL I believe is still a step too far, Nationalmannshaft style), do they have the financial strength to hold onto their team? I doubt it. Whilst Bayern can afford to go through periods of failing to win anything without their top players leaving. That's the point I'm alluding to.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:21 am

All of the Dortmund key players signed long term contracts and intend to remain at the club for a while. And while the league seems unlikely this season, Dortmund can still win the Pokal (by knocking out Bayern btw.) and more importantly, they have done considerably better in Europe, their main priority this season. That's especially important for holding on to their young talented players, who won't settle for domestic titles only and want to prove themselves on the highest level.

But the true key to Dortmund's long term success is Klopp. They can lose important players, as they have done already over the last few years, as long as they keep him they'll remain a very strong rival for Bayern. Financially, playing the CL regularly and hopefully going to the latter stages regularly will improve their position also, in addition to financial fair play that will benefit the whole league for often discussed reasons. That and their excellent management and huge fan base will make sure that Dortmund will remain a force to be reckoned with, even if they should lose Klopp one day. Big clubs like that are here to stay, and Dortmund actually escaped the Abyss already by the lowest of margins. The sleeping giant has awoken.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 am

The German league is getting better and better, so I am not putting the league down. It is just all the BS about a "challenge". Basically he left barcelona to take a break as he couldn't handle the pressure, especially after a season where he lost to mourinho. It's pretty clear he doesn't want too hard a challenge or to have too much pressure, and actually I agree with that from the work-life balance point of view. However people should stop trying to make it out like he went there for a "challenge". He went to a team that is most likely to win its domestic league every season and is already at the top end of the CL every season. The team already plays attractive football and has great players. His biggest challenge will be to make robben pass the ball.

Antarion

Number of posts : 3374
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 am

110% wrote: His biggest challenge will be to make robben pass the ball.

Its the final challenge, which would make him the GOAT among coaches. Robben is the Endgegner.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

110% wrote:The German league is getting better and better, so I am not putting the league down. It is just all the BS about a "challenge". Basically he left barcelona to take a break as he couldn't handle the pressure, especially after a season where he lost to mourinho. It's pretty clear he doesn't want too hard a challenge or to have too much pressure, and actually I agree with that from the work-life balance point of view. However people should stop trying to make it out like he went there for a "challenge". He went to a team that is most likely to win its domestic league every season and is already at the top end of the CL every season. The team already plays attractive football and has great players. His biggest challenge will be to make robben pass the ball.

Whistle
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 am

110% wrote:The German league is getting better and better, so I am not putting the league down. It is just all the BS about a "challenge". Basically he left barcelona to take a break as he couldn't handle the pressure, especially after a season where he lost to mourinho. It's pretty clear he doesn't want too hard a challenge or to have too much pressure, and actually I agree with that from the work-life balance point of view. However people should stop trying to make it out like he went there for a "challenge". He went to a team that is most likely to win its domestic league every season and is already at the top end of the CL every season. The team already plays attractive football and has great players. His biggest challenge will be to make robben pass the ball.

Even if you don't think that the domestic competition will be a challenge, a challenge that many other renowned managers from abroad have failed to win in the past btw., what about the European challenge?

Sure, Bayern do have a very good team, one of the very best teams in the world atm. But the same could have been said about Rijkaard's Barcelona that Pep took over. He took that very good, talented team that, despite the abundace of talent, had finished third in the league behind Villareal (and double digits behind a rather mediocre Real Madrid) and transformed them to a legendary team that dominates our era in a way very few, if any, have done before. He took them to the next level, exactly what the Bayern management wants him to do with their own team.

Winning the CL with Bayern in an era that is dominated by that legendary team is most definitely a challenge, a big one. And even if Bayern manage to win the CL this season under Heynckes already, the big challenge remains to repeat that success in foreseeable time, not to mention the record breaking domestic form should Bayern continue to play as they did in the first half of the season.

I fail to see how you could really argue about this not being a challenge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 am