EURO 2012 Semi Finals

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Re: EURO 2012 Semi Finals

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Antarion wrote:Germany vs PIGS

one already out. Still much work to do. I am on holidays now, but will be back for our final.

<Ale>

Our final lol! Typical German.
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Prandelli speaks, he said in Italiano: "we tried to make them come out, but they wouldn't come out!" Laugh

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by  on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:22 pm

PuroReturns wrote:

FORZA ITALIA!!! Them Germans are shitting their pants! TFS!

when and why did you become such a Vaterland-detractor, puro ?

we Germans are as "clearly anti-English" as you Peruvians are

+

Deutschland is the country that has welcomed Farfan, Guerrero and Pizzaro to its bosom

shouldn't we be sitting in the same boat ? scratch
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:33 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
bluenine wrote:Tactics time.

So should Prandelli line up something like this (3-5-2):

Cassano - Balotelli
Marchisio - Pirlo - Nocerino
Balzaretti ------------------------- Giaccherini
Bonucci - De Rossi - Barzagli
Buffon

Or continue with the 4-3-1-2?

I think Prandelli should do for something inbetween the 3-5-2 and the 4-2-3-1

Balotelli
---------------Cassano -------- Borini
Marchisio - Pirlo - Nocerino
Balzaretti ---------------------------------------
Bonucci - De Rossi - Barzagli
Buffon

And give the Germans something to worry about... what do you guys think?

De Rossi is also a doubt! Maybe we will see Ogbonna?

Chiellini & Maggio definitely out, and Abate & De Rossi not sure. This is not good. That rules out the RB AND his back up, and the main CB AND his back up Sad

I don't think Ogbonna is ready for this stage.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Ogbonna is also left footed so it would be difficult for him to play at RB.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Kroos wrote:

The boy has to start.

Can't wait to see Reus-Goetze together cheers
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Spain 3-1 Portugal
Germany 1-0 Italy

Spain 2-0 Germany
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

I reckon 1-0 to Spain vs Portugal..can't see them putting that many past them. Portual might park the bus and just hit them on the break with Ronaldo..

Germany I reckon 2-1 vs Italy.

Spain vs Germany will be close too I think..see no reason why the Germans can't put at least 1 past Spain.

I might go 2-1 Germany.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Germany 3 - 2 Italy
Spain 2 - 0 Portugal

Final: Spain 2-2 Germany AET. Germany to win on penalties
Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Post by Lusitan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:01 pm

So...
Spain 1 x 2 Portugal
Portugal 1 x 0 Germany

Whoop

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Don't get me wrong, Germany are very good and have had a good tournament but they aren't on Spain's level. No one is.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:06 pm

bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Chiellini & Maggio definitely out, and Abate & De Rossi not sure. This is not good. That rules out the RB AND his back up, and the main CB AND his back up Sad

Now I hear Cassano is done and Marchisio may not have the legs for another 90 minutes, after playing 4 games in quick succession since his return from almost fatal operation. Considering all this and assuming none of these players make it, here is my preferred line up.

Balotelli
---------------Diamanti -------- Borini
Motta - Pirlo - Nocerino
Bonucci - Barzagli - Ogbonna
Buffon

Thats 5 players with relatively fresh legs, never under estimate the importance of that.

2nd half possible subs: Marchisio/Montolivo for Motta, Di Natale for Borini, Giovinco for Diamanti, Giaccherini for Balzaretti - depending on the situation and who is more tired.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Lusitan wrote:So...
Spain 1 x 2 Portugal
Portugal 1 x 0 Germany

Whoop

Everyone here is jinxing Germany and Spain, so don't you jinx Portugal Razz
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Should start Di Natale & Balotelli. Di Natale the only one who really looks like finishing chances this tournament & you need to make the most of what chances you get vs Germany.

While Balotelli is worth still having on pitch (despite poor finishing so far) as he is capable of unpredictable & offers the pace lacking elsewhere..
Lusitan

Post by Lusitan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:14 pm

bluenine wrote:
Lusitan wrote:So...
Spain 1 x 2 Portugal
Portugal 1 x 0 Germany

Whoop

Everyone here is jinxing Germany and Spain, so don't you jinx Portugal Razz

You know we have the players for it. It's still a question of having a "team" Wink
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:18 pm

debaser wrote:Should start Di Natale & Balotelli. Di Natale the only one who really looks like finishing chances this tournament & you need to make the most of what chances you get vs Germany.

While Balotelli is worth still having on pitch (despite poor finishing so far) as he is capable of unpredictable & offers the pace lacking elsewhere..

That is what is most likely, Prandelli is considering giving them both a start. But it will take some creativity away to start two strikers. I would much rather Italy have a 5 player midfield, and at least one winger against Germany.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Can't you get Maggios yellow care overturned? It's so unfair,Young is a piece of shit and I hope he dies.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Only PIGS left!!

IE

No likeble teams!

Erm

I actually fancy Portugal for the title. They look well balanced! No idea how they line-up against Italy, we hardly ever see that match. But they are well balanced. If they go 1-0 up against Spain, I dont think Spain can come back from that. Acres of space behind their midfield ready to be exploited on the counter by Cr7 and Nani. Did deserve to get a result against krautistan.

Spain are boring.

Germany are the most all-round team.

Italy, as good as Pirlo is and they are in a semi, but they drawn 3 games and only beat ireland.

Lusitan

Post by Lusitan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 pm

lol!
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:07 pm

bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Now I hear Cassano is done and Marchisio may not have the legs for another 90 minutes, after playing 4 games in quick succession since his return from almost fatal operation. Considering all this and assuming none of these players make it, here is my preferred line up.

Balotelli
Motta - Pirlo - Nocerino
Buffon

Thats 5 players with relatively fresh legs, never under estimate the importance of that.

2nd half possible subs: Marchisio/Montolivo for Motta, Di Natale for Borini, Giovinco for Diamanti, Giaccherini for Balzaretti - depending on the situation and who is more tired.

Chiellini was back in training today Smile

worms.

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Balotelli
Motta - Pirlo - Nocerino
Buffon

Chiellini was back in training today Smile

cheers
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:38 pm

wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:

FORZA ITALIA!!! Them Germans are shitting their pants! TFS!

+

Deutschland is the country that has welcomed Farfan, Guerrero and Pizzaro to its bosom

The united front with Germany has been offered Puro. The Fatherland awaits your reply.
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Disco Benny wrote:@Otto,

I think we'll (Germany) be fine. The players have had plenty of time to do some shopping in the boutiques of Warsaw. I'm sure Gotze even had time to visit a few sunbeds and get his hair tinted.

Meanwhile, what are your Dutch team up to?

Apparently one player was the big trouble-maker in the Dutch camp. It wasn't one of Fey's marked men. This came straight from the zebra who talked directly to the horse. Apparently the superego was KJH.

Will be going to see Germany v Italy and then a long journey to Kiev. At Germans: How highly do you rate Hummels?

worms.

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 pm

How many DPL players are in the starting XIs of the semi finalists?

4. (Nani, Meireles, Silva, Balotelli). 4 out of 44.

Extend it to the squads, with Mertesacker, Mata, Torres and Reina, and it's 8, out of 96.

Best league in the world my arse.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 pm

I want Pirlos babys wrote:How many DPL players are in the starting XIs of the semi finalists?

Extend it to the squads, with Mertesacker, Mata, Torres and Reina, and it's 8, out of 96.

The Europa League and those numbers you posted are the acid test of how strong a league is in reality.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 pm

wrote:

+

Ottito how are you! Pizarro, Farfn and Guerrero helped the Bundesliga overtake Serie A with their goals in Champions League and UEFA Cup/Europa League. Many times against Serie A teams. TFS!

The Italiani took notice and have begun to sign Inca Warriors, AND you will see how Serie A reclaims its spot. You will see it!

I like the Bundesliga, I admire Germany for its pedigree in International Football, but I sure hope the Italiani play like Peruvians against Hitler's team and whoop your ass like when we utterly destroyed them in his own house 2-7! Biggrin <Ale>
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:28 am

PuroReturns wrote:
I want Pirlos babys wrote:How many DPL players are in the starting XIs of the semi finalists?

The Europa League and those numbers you posted are the acid test of how strong a league is in reality.

lol, those numbers...

Apart from the fact that's 8 out of 92, there's not much meaning in that as naturally most of those players play in their home country (20 for Italy, 19 for Germany and Spain, 10 for Portugal).
Oh, and 20 players is around 4% of a given league.

Of the remaining 24 players that play abroad, the Premier and La Liga gets the most (8 each).
Serie A, Ligue 1, and Turkish league have 2, Russian and Romanian league 1, the Bundesliga has none.
For La Liga, 6 of them are from a single team (Real).

Another stat that can be derived is that El Clasico is the best league in the world (14 starters overal between Real and Barca), followed by Serie A (11 starters), Bundesliga (9 starters), Premier (those 4), Liga Portuguesa (3), the rest of La Liga (2), and the Russian league (1)

All pretty meaningful stuff...

Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
Supports : Italy, Spain
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:53 am

hey abundance

how do you say "SERIOUS PWNAGE" in Italian?
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea

Post by S4P on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 am

Nice stuff abundance, but don't worry yourself too much about the Worm. The only time he's not criticising England (or anything related to England) is when he's signing on for the next fortnight.
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:17 am

I will say it again: The Europa League AND the numbers posted by Worms are the acid test of how strong a league is in reality.

However, feel free to spin it any which way you desire to lull yourselves to sleep.

Bye now, I've got to see the U20 Copa Libertadores between Universitario and Defensor. I've got to see what the fuzz is all about regarding Mario Kazuma. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 am