EURO 2012 Semi Finals

the real white worm

Number of posts : 393
Favourite Player : BALE, the real white pele
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Re: EURO 2012 Semi Finals

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am

i think cassano is more the genius. Balotelli has very good physical attributes/stats and good technik but his footballing brain isnt that good. kinda like ronaldo.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 am

abundance wrote:
Happened to watch the game in kinda awkward conditions so I'm not able to say much about it apart that it felt like a surreal orgasm.

Mamma grazie d'avermi fatto azzurro.

I think there is a story in there somewhere.... pray tell Smile
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:07 am

Disco Benny wrote:
christmasborocooper wrote:Well..I would've said Aguero was quicker, just as good a finisher, just as tricky if not more so..but Balotelli is stronger. I don't think there's that much in it to say that he's got "loads more potential". Pretty sure Aguero was said to have "loads of potential" when he was 21 as well.

It's natural that platitudes are being dished out left,right and centre.

But Balotelli loads more potential than Aguero.... well, that is a laugh.

Nice header, nice run and nice finish yesterday.

But just think of the number of fuck ups this tournament, number of missed chances and of course THAT brain melt moment against Spain.

He still thinks he's much, much better than he actually is.

Take away the intrigue around his personality, his story being a black man in a very much non-black country, strip it ALL away and really ask yourself what you are left with?

I see a talented target man with potential, but nothing close to the apparent "genius" that the Media in this country in particular would have us believe.

I'll leave the genius label for the person who is really deserved of it - big Andy "Andrea" Pirlo of Flero, Lombardy, Italy

An outrageously talented striker. He shoots well off both feet, is good in the air, has a fantastic touch, good link-up play, isn't a midget etc Ale

People forget that this dude is only 21. Look at what he's already achieved - massive game player too.

I remember the way he pwned United at Old Trafford Razz
the real white worm

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 am

lol not being a midget is an achievement? lol!
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:33 am

Romford Pele wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
christmasborocooper wrote:Well..I would've said Aguero was quicker, just as good a finisher, just as tricky if not more so..but Balotelli is stronger. I don't think there's that much in it to say that he's got "loads more potential". Pretty sure Aguero was said to have "loads of potential" when he was 21 as well.

But just think of the number of fuck ups this tournament, number of missed chances and of course THAT brain melt moment against Spain.

Take away the intrigue around his personality, his story being a black man in a very much non-black country, strip it ALL away and really ask yourself what you are left with?

I see a talented target man with potential, but nothing close to the apparent "genius" that the Media in this country in particular would have us believe.

I'll leave the genius label for the person who is really deserved of it - big Andy "Andrea" Pirlo of Flero, Lombardy, Italy

An outrageously talented striker. He shoots well off both feet, is good in the air, has a fantastic touch, good link-up play, isn't a midget etc Ale

People forget that this dude is only 21. Look at what he's already achieved - massive game player too.

That's part of the problem IMO. Italian footballs traditionally do not become these circuses at such a young age. Last one I remember who received this much hype (and also appeared to believe it) was Cassano. His career subsequently took a major dip and he is only rediscovering himself now in the latter stages of his career.

What I'm attempting to say is that I don't believe Balotelli is the type of football who's progression is going to be a simple case of "he's 21 now, imagine what he is going to be like when he's 25", as is the case with someone like, say, Messi who is humble and hard working. It's happened to many before. We have one ourselves (Rooney).

At 21 and already such a ridiculous ego and belief it's him VS. the World, all I see is trouble with Balotelli's progression

We'll see, but I expect more of a Cassano type fluctuating career (without Cassano's natural talent either) than a steady upward trajectory like Del Piero for Mario.
the real white worm

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:36 am

del piero only had a steady upward trajectory until he was 23.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:42 am

Disco Benny wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:

An outrageously talented striker. He shoots well off both feet, is good in the air, has a fantastic touch, good link-up play, isn't a midget etc

That's part of the problem IMO. Italian footballs traditionally do not become these circuses at such a young age. Last one I remember who received this much hype (and also appeared to believe it) was Cassano. His career subsequently took a major dip and he is only rediscovering himself now in the latter stages of his career.

What I'm attempting to say is that I don't believe Balotelli is the type of football who's progression is going to be a simple case of "he's 21 now, imagine what he is going to be like when he's 25", as is the case with someone like, say, Messi who is humble and hard working. It's happened to many before. We have one ourselves (Rooney).

At 21 and already such a ridiculous ego and belief it's him VS. the World, all I see is trouble with Balotelli's progression

We'll see, but I expect more of a Cassano type fluctuating career (without Cassano's natural talent either) than a steady upward trajectory like Del Piero for Mario.

Yes, it's all relative. It's often very hard to see how a players career is going to pan out so I take that comment back.

I do, however, feel that the likes of Prandelli and Mancio are doing the right job with him by trying to be the 'father' figure. He's obviously a troubled lad but also one that is worth pursuing IMO. If not, he would've been dashed down ages ago Ale
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 am

bluenine wrote:I think there is a story in there somewhere.... pray tell Smile
LOL I shouldn't because it's nothing epic or truly funny, just awkward in a small time embarassing sense.

Anyway, I was with my girl and we decided to watch the game outside in the city, but I was stuck at home at the computer solving an emergency work issue until 8:20, and my home is 40 min away from Florence centre.

We rushed to the car and drove like an idiot, meanwhile a female friend phoned and we opted to go to a common friend house.
Got there ten mins after kickoff, the elevator was busy so I left her in the hall and run to the 5th floor in like ten seconds, stormed in and... there were just 4 chicks and a 19" tv.

Didn't greet anyone and just sat trying to discern the players.
It was like 30 in the room. Anyway, nice food too and a TON of beer and wine.
So there I am, all first half drinking like there's no tomorrow, sitting in the couch red eyed and totally sweaty, howling "SHUT UP you tell me after the match" to anything the chicks did say to me (things like "who's that hawt bloke with the n8", or "I just printed my doc thesis do you want to see it"...), insulting my girl who got that typical "oh im' abruptly wet for football" international tourneys mood and was trying to impress her friends by pretending she had a clue about what was going on, furiously harassing my best female friend for saying after the 2-0 "mmh pity I'd like they equalize, cuz I'd want to go out with my man on sunday"...
then in the 2nd half i descended in a pre-coma sweeeeet nirvana, laying back with a 72 teeth smile whispering "we're thru no way they can hurt us now" to anything that happened on the screen and in the room, just to wake up T-Rex rage style when they got the penalty.

Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

debaser wrote:Germs don't know what has happened. They were so sure they'd already won the tournament. Players seem shellshocked since the 2nd. Crowd in disbelief. It's just such beautiful thing to behold.

Bernd has played a blinder - cursed them with the support of an Englander Very Happy

How about Otto ?

He made sure Oranje were utter garbage by supporting them...

...and when he went back to supporting Germany, they turn out to be just as much a crap team as we were ! cheers
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

I hate Galliani so much bounce Evil or Very Mad Doh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:09 pm

lol!
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Pirlo wrote:This is just surreal, can't believe we're in the final, and have played so well since the Group stages, when the competition started, we've really turned up and played some great football that Prandelli before had only promised.

The pride is back, the belief is back, the 2010 Lippi doom is gone cheers

Even reaching the final is a fantastic acheivement, to utterly dominate and crush Germany again, and it should have been far more than 2-1, we are a top european nation again.

As an apology to Cesare, i promised i'd change, so <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Still some issues though, still no Giovinco, i'd have fancied seeing him run at that german defence on the counter, and ffs stop bringing Diamanti on!!! Doh

But the pride is back, and already we have had a great tournament and at least proved we are still better than Germany. Mario turned up when it mattered, and Pirlo is still a God with the ball as his bread and fish.

To beat Spain and actually win the whole cup would be a dream. Dare we dream?

Not quite 2006, but still a great night!

To top that : Italy has won the support of most of the neutral spectators ok

I certainly hope Italy will win it, they're the positive surprise of the tournament....and I never thought I would ever say that about Italy Embarassed

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:50 pm

bluenine wrote:
worms. wrote:Lol no way is Kedira better than Busquets,Kedira doesn't even play DM for Germany anyway,he plays as a box to box midfielder.
De Rossi doesn't play DM either, but as a DM, De Rossi > Busquets.

You hype the Biscuit way too much.

You underrated Busquets well too much.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:51 pm

abundance wrote:
LOL I shouldn't because it's nothing epic or truly funny, just awkward in a small time embarassing sense.

Anyway, I was with my girl and we decided to watch the game outside in the city, but I was stuck at home at the computer solving an emergency work issue until 8:20, and my home is 40 min away from Florence centre.

We rushed to the car and drove like an idiot, meanwhile a female friend phoned and we opted to go to a common friend house.
Got there ten mins after kickoff, the elevator was busy so I left her in the hall and run to the 5th floor in like ten seconds, stormed in and... there were just 4 chicks and a 19" tv.

So there I am, all first half drinking like there's no tomorrow, sitting in the couch red eyed and totally sweaty, howling "SHUT UP you tell me after the match" to anything the chicks did say to me (things like "who's that hawt bloke with the n8", or "I just printed my doc thesis do you want to see it"...), insulting my girl who got that typical "oh im' abruptly wet for football" international tourneys mood and was trying to impress her friends by pretending she had a clue about what was going on, furiously harassing my best female friend for saying after the 2-0 "mmh pity I'd like they equalize, cuz I'd want to go out with my man on sunday"...
then in the 2nd half i descended in a pre-coma sweeeeet nirvana, laying back with a 72 teeth smile whispering "we're thru no way they can hurt us now" to anything that happened on the screen and in the room, just to wake up T-Rex rage style when they got the penalty.

It is funny though (and realistic) cheers

Is it all right if Puro borrows some of it, because the stories he got out of his 1970s playboy are a bit old now. When he tells this story later the 4 chicks will get it on with him, and he'll win easy ca$$$$h. I don't know how exactly he will work the khazars and the EPL into it though.

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm

abundance wrote:

lol
If you had just said '5 chicks & a 19" TV', I am sure we would have extrapolated the rest Smile

Feel for ya, mate. My Spain-Portugal evening got hijacked in similar fashion, when 2 girls come home because (I refused to go out, and) they luuuurve International football. The only take-away from the exciting football banter between these football aficionados and my wife that evening was the general consensus that "that Alves guy is hawt in a dirty way". Women! Erm

Last edited by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Balotelli is so fucking awesome. I can understand why Kimbo doesn't like him but this guy has all the ability in the world. Please please please learn to keep your head Mario, you can definitely become the best striker in the world. Much more potential than Aguero ok

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Aguero is easily a better finisher than Balotelli,when Balotelli is through on goal I don't fancy him to score normally.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Balotelli is so fucking awesome. I can understand why Kimbo doesn't like him but this guy has all the ability in the world. Please please please learn to keep your head Mario, you can definitely become the best striker in the world. Much more potential than Aguero ok

They are just two very different players. Balotelli's main contribution for Italy is not the 3 goals, but the fact that he single-handedly manages to force the opposing teams defense very deep, and is also pretty good at holding the ball upfront, and being a constant threat to the CB's.

The goals are a bonus Smile

IMO Balotelli has been the best striker of the tournament so far. Thats a huge achievement for someone his age.

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Ibra was easily better than Balotelli,Baloteli hasb't even been that good.In the group stages he was pretty poor.Against Ingurland he missed easy chances and suddenly after 1 great game and extensive media hype he is the best striker in the tournament. Rolling Eyes
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:14 pm

bluenine wrote:

They are just two very different players. Balotelli's main contribution for Italy is not the 3 goals, but the fact that he single-handedly manages to force the opposing teams defense very deep, and is also pretty good at holding the ball upfront, and being a constant threat to the CB's.

IMO Balotelli has been the best striker of the tournament so far. Thats a huge achievement for someone his age.

He makes runs that makes Pirlo's through passes well-realized. He does eff-up at the end with his casual style, but he has movement and direct thrust (That you put it well as 'to force opp. to defend deep').

But what do you make of Di Natale's mobility? His goal against Spain should surely give him a sub appearance + valuable minutes in the final..

Still not quite best striker of the tournament for me, with the missed 1 on 1s.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Fade out wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:Balotelli is so fucking awesome. I can understand why Kimbo doesn't like him but this guy has all the ability in the world. Please please please learn to keep your head Mario, you can definitely become the best striker in the world. Much more potential than Aguero

He makes runs that makes Pirlo's through passes well-realized. He does eff-up at the end with his casual style, but he has movement and direct thrust (That you put it well as 'to force opp. to defend deep').

But what do you make of Di Natale's mobility? His goal against Spain should surely give him a sub appearance + valuable minutes in the final..

Still not quite best striker of the tournament for me, with the missed 1 on 1s.

His movement for both goals ok
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:34 pm

worms. wrote:Ibra was easily better than Balotelli,Baloteli hasb't even been that good.In the group stages he was pretty poor.Against Ingurland he missed easy chances and suddenly after 1 great game and extensive media hype he is the best striker in the tournament. Rolling Eyes

Tournaments like this can be all about 1 excellent game - if it's the right game...Balotelli's 1 great performance has put his team in the final. That shits all over Ibra's contribution of being the best player in a shit team and scoring a lovely goal when it was too late to matter Ale

Ibra was pretty unremarkable against England too ok

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:34 pm

So you think 1 great game > 3 good/great games?
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:35 pm

to say I rate players that can play that can play in more than one system(ignoring that player x plays basically the same role and basic system for club and country) then say we can't judge players because they probably would struggle in another...., older posters are of a time when player roles were clearly define, but now a days the best teams have players that blur the lines, and they fail to see that different doesn't mean deficient.
the real white worm

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Ibra got in joe harts head. that's why he couldnt save a single penalties despite watching videos and pulling silly faces lol!

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 pm

That's the only argument you hear against our players,he's only good because he plays with xyz.It's a faux argument and total bullshit.They say that about all our players,even Messi.

They say Xavi is only so good because he plays with Iniesta.

Iniesta is only so good because he plays with Xavi.

Messi is only so good because he plays with Xavi and Iniesta.

Xavi is only so good because he only plays with Messi.

They are totally contradicting themselves all the time because of their jelousy.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 pm

worms. wrote:So you think 1 great game > 3 good/great games?

If it's the right great game, absolutely. It's a tournament. KO games are far more important than group games. Who's going to remember Ibrahimovic or Sweden from this tournament? that goal vs France was great but the circumstances rendered it utterly meaningless - for Sweden it was little more than a friendly. Balotelli has scored the goals to send Germany home and put Italy in the final.
the real white worm

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:45 pm

but ibras goal was better
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:47 pm

bluenine wrote:

Yet Italy have looked just as good if not better going forward when Balotelli has gone off in previous games.

Even last night against an admittedly stretched German defence Italy could have scored 3 or 4 more if Di Natale and Diamanti had held their footing on that mysteriously slippery penalty box in the right end of the stadium.

I just do not get the hype personally. Two goals owed as much to schoolboy defending than great forward play
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Mandzukic's performances impressed me much more than Mario's or Ibra's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:36 am