EURO 2012 Semi Finals

Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: EURO 2012 Semi Finals

Post by Pirlo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 pm

After the cartoon in gazzetta, more controversy with an idiotic headline on the front page of todays Tuttosport - picture of Balotelli and the caption: ''Li abbiamo fatti Neri'' Doh Rolling Eyes
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 pm

But don't you guys humor us with,

Busquets as the greatest DM of the world

Xavi the greatest midfielder of decade

Iniesta on par with Zidane

Messi greatest of all-time

Alves greatest FB of last 20 years

Eto'o as the greatest striker of the decade

Pique-Puyol the underrated CBs, should be rated as best of the decade

Villa the best Spanish striker of all-time

---------

Must be such a weak era, that none of the aforementioned players have a 'peer' or even a competition.

worms. wrote:That's the only argument you hear against our players,he's only good because he plays with xyz.It's a faux argument and total bullshit.They say that about all our players,even Messi.

They say Xavi is only so good because he plays with Iniesta.

Iniesta is only so good because he plays with Xavi.

Messi is only so good because he plays with Xavi and Iniesta.

Xavi is only so good because he only plays with Messi.

They are totally contradicting themselves all the time because of their jelousy.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:Balotelli is so fucking awesome. I can understand why Kimbo doesn't like him but this guy has all the ability in the world. Please please please learn to keep your head Mario, you can definitely become the best striker in the world. Much more potential than Aguero

They are just two very different players. Balotelli's main contribution for Italy is not the 3 goals, but the fact that he single-handedly manages to force the opposing teams defense very deep, and is also pretty good at holding the ball upfront, and being a constant threat to the CB's.

The goals are a bonus Smile

IMO Balotelli has been the best striker of the tournament so far. Thats a huge achievement for someone his age.

Yet Italy have looked just as good if not better going forward when Balotelli has gone off in previous games.

Even last night against an admittedly stretched German defence Italy could have scored 3 or 4 more if Di Natale and Diamanti had held their footing on that mysteriously slippery penalty box in the right end of the stadium.

I just do not get the hype personally. Two goals owed as much to schoolboy defending than great forward play

Bullshit lol!
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:Balotelli is so fucking awesome. I can understand why Kimbo doesn't like him but this guy has all the ability in the world. Please please please learn to keep your head Mario, you can definitely become the best striker in the world. Much more potential than Aguero

They are just two very different players. Balotelli's main contribution for Italy is not the 3 goals, but the fact that he single-handedly manages to force the opposing teams defense very deep, and is also pretty good at holding the ball upfront, and being a constant threat to the CB's.

IMO Balotelli has been the best striker of the tournament so far. Thats a huge achievement for someone his age.

Yet Italy have looked just as good if not better going forward when Balotelli has gone off in previous games.

Even last night against an admittedly stretched German defence Italy could have scored 3 or 4 more if Di Natale and Diamanti had held their footing on that mysteriously slippery penalty box in the right end of the stadium.

I just do not get the hype personally. Two goals owed as much to schoolboy defending than great forward play

Bullshit lol!

Ok, twice: Spain Italy and last night. Didnt go off in 2 games and the other game against Croatia Italy were playing poor before and after.

I cannot join the Balotelli bukkake, Im sorry

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:06 pm

a mario has been the best striker at the euro's so far, but its not the mario that plays for italy but the one that plays for croatia
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Bullshit lol!

Ok, twice: Spain Italy and last night. Didnt go off in 2 games and the other game against Croatia Italy were playing poor before and after.

Balo had buttered up the defence for Di Natale to inject the virus, intelligent thinking from the boy Very Happy Ale

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

messiah wrote:a mario has been the best striker at the euro's so far, but its not the mario that plays for italy but the one that plays for croatia

He scored 2 goals against Ireland, Balotelli scored 2 against Germany, and made Germany's defence look like Ireland's
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:13 pm

110% wrote:
messiah wrote:a mario has been the best striker at the euro's so far, but its not the mario that plays for italy but the one that plays for croatia

He scored 2 goals against Ireland, Balotelli scored 2 against Germany, and made Germany's defence look like Ireland's

Mario also scored a stunning goal against Ireland..

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Me and MWP agree on something. Shocked

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Actually come to think of it,Ibra only played as a striker against France so it's hard to say he has been the best striker.I think it's fair to say there hasn't been a outstanding striker in this tournament.No Villa,Gomez and Klose not playing all the games,Benzema anonymous,Van Pussy flop,Kershkov shit finishing,Rooney hardly played and was shit etc.

Possibly Manduzic or Ballotelli(I don't class Cassano as a striker) have been the best strikers but they haven't had much competition.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
christmasborocooper wrote:Well..I would've said Aguero was quicker, just as good a finisher, just as tricky if not more so..but Balotelli is stronger. I don't think there's that much in it to say that he's got "loads more potential". Pretty sure Aguero was said to have "loads of potential" when he was 21 as well.

ok

It's natural that platitudes are being dished out left,right and centre.

But Balotelli loads more potential than Aguero.... well, that is a laugh.

Nice header, nice run and nice finish yesterday.

But just think of the number of fuck ups this tournament, number of missed chances and of course THAT brain melt moment against Spain.

He still thinks he's much, much better than he actually is.

Take away the intrigue around his personality, his story being a black man in a very much non-black country, strip it ALL away and really ask yourself what you are left with?

I see a talented target man with potential, but nothing close to the apparent "genius" that the Media in this country in particular would have us believe.

I'll leave the genius label for the person who is really deserved of it - big Andy "Andrea" Pirlo of Flero, Lombardy, Italy Ale

The KRAUTbuster. The bravest man to face Germany since my grandfather was seated in a Lancaster bomber as part of Operation Chastise.

Last edited by Andr the Giant on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Ok, twice: Spain Italy and last night. Didnt go off in 2 games and the other game against Croatia Italy were playing poor before and after.

Luka Modric wrote:
Croatia midfielder Luka Modric said it wasn't just his side's superior physical condition that had helped them, he said Prandelli's decision to take off Mario Balotelli had worked against the Italians.

"When Balotelli went off we had a lot less problems," said Modric.

"He was putting pressure on our defence physically, we all knew he's a great striker, very powerful who can hurt defences.

"He kept pushing up and caused us a lot of problems."
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:49 pm

worms. wrote:So you think 1 great game > 3 great games?

scratch
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:50 pm

abundance wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Ok, twice: Spain Italy and last night. Didnt go off in 2 games and the other game against Croatia Italy were playing poor before and after.

Luka Modric wrote:
Croatia midfielder Luka Modric said it wasn't just his side's superior physical condition that had helped them, he said Prandelli's decision to take off Mario Balotelli had worked against the Italians.

"He was putting pressure on our defence physically, we all knew he's a great striker, very powerful who can hurt defences.

cheers Super Mario cheers
Even your player knows the deal Bernd lol!
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Fade out wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:Balotelli is so fucking awesome. I can understand why Kimbo doesn't like him but this guy has all the ability in the world. Please please please learn to keep your head Mario, you can definitely become the best striker in the world. Much more potential than Aguero ok

He makes runs that makes Pirlo's through passes well-realized. He does eff-up at the end with his casual style, but he has movement and direct thrust (That you put it well as 'to force opp. to defend deep').

But what do you make of Di Natale's mobility? His goal against Spain should surely give him a sub appearance + valuable minutes in the final..

Still not quite best striker of the tournament for me, with the missed 1 on 1s.

I said he is the best because there has been no standout striker in the tournament so far. Euro 2012 has underwhelmed in terms of strikers, too many teams trying to walk the ball into the net, playing false 9s etc. There are only 2-3 strikers who have done reasonably well and help their team, and Balotelli is one of them.

I am quite certain Balotelli will be in the official "Team of the Tournament", and they decide this team before the final.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:55 pm

abundance wrote:

Luka Modric wrote:

Thats weird, dude, I was about to site the Croatia game example to Bernd (in response to his "Italy have done as well without Balotelli"). Didn't know Modric had already made that point!
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 pm

bluenine wrote:
abundance wrote:

Luka Modric wrote:

Thats weird, dude, I was about to site the Croatia game example to Bernd (in response to his "Italy have done as well without Balotelli"). Didn't know Modric had already made that point!

Fair enough. We can presume Modric will be joining Man City this summer then Wink
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Balotelli really needs to work on his chest muscles! It looks awful!

Then again..if you practice like this Very Happy

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Ballotellies torso(minus the pecs),Ibras neck,Zanettis legs,Juan Vargas chest and arms and most importantly Busquets face added together would make the perfect physcial specimen. Blush

How do I get this body?
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Its incredible when Balotelli misses the chances v England and someone says "Di Natale would have scored that" - how do you know he would have even had it?

I would sum Balotelli up in this tournament by saying that even when he has been shit he has been brilliant.

He can have a bad day with poor touches but he is always available - great outlet when Italy are under pressure - and the Modric comments sum it up perfectly.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Its incredible when Balotelli misses the chances v England and someone says "Di Natale would have scored that" - how do you know he would have even had it?

I would sum Balotelli up in this tournament by saying that even when he has been shit he has been brilliant.

He can have a bad day with poor touches but he is always available - great outlet when Italy are under pressure - and the Modric comments sum it up perfectly.
<Ale>

Though Di Natale is a better finisher of chances, so he may well have scored one or two of those chances. But what Balotelli brings to this Italy is so much more than just goals. And he is scoring them too.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:36 am

I've watched the Italy v Germany for the second time and I fail to understand why bluenine said that Montolivo had a great game. Maybe someone with better football knowledge e.g worms, can help me
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:53 am

Jaime wrote:Congrats to Forza, Pirlo, abundance, Bobo, Bluenine, and the rest. Ale

Thanks Jaime. Rearranged my life to watch this game. Drove like a nutcase to get to a place showing the game (had unavoidable appointments all day). Wore my Italy 2001 jersey. Yelled so loudly that the entire place was stunned in silence.

All in all, one of the best days. Forza Azzurri!
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 am

Uefa in hot water with German television station over inaccurate broadcast of 'crying woman'
The organisation has been lambasted by the TV channel after pictures were misleadingly relayed during two games involving the Nationalelf at Euro 2012

ARD's Euro 2012 coverage head Jorg Schoneborn has criticised the inaccurate broadcasts.

"We are surprised and irritated. These images are not acceptable for us - especially since we had been talking with Uefa on this issue a few days ago. We are now looking again. The German public expect live [images] when it says it is live," he told Sueddeutsche Zeitung.

During a warm-up before the Germany versus Netherlands Group B encounter, Bundestrainer Joachim Low was seen to jokingly punch the ball out of the hands of a ball-boy, before putting a friendly hand on the shoulder of the young volunteer.

Later, the images were inserted during the live broadcast of the first half,
causing controversy in Germany, with ARD requesting that the governing body do not repeat the move.

However, during the Nationalelf's semi-final against Italy on Thursday, a German fan was seen to be in tears just seconds after Mario Balotelli put the Azzurri two goals up.

And Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported that this had also been recorded before the game, with the fan in question actually shedding a tear of happiness prior to kick-off.

Very very misleading if true!
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:56 am

Is that really true or just sarcastic? "Shedding a tear of happiness prior to kickoff" in particular sounds like bullshit.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 am

Wonder why that German's woman cry before the kick-off?
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:05 pm

sperms. wrote:Ballotellies torso(minus the pecs),Ibras neck,Zanettis legs,Juan Vargas chest and arms and most importantly Busquets face added together would make the perfect physcial specimen. Blush

How do I get this body?

The perfect physical specimen already exists (according to Fey):

THE BODY.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Ale

He has indeed a flawless body!

Should stay one more year at Sporting, then he should go to united!
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm

iS HE AS GOOD AS CRISTIANO RONALDO? nO, I THOUGHT NOT

Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:35 pm

He is better! Ronaldo is already too bulky!

I like that his body still has a boy-ish look!

Makes it more elegant.

What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 am