Warta Poznan

EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Warta Poznan

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:44 am

Anyone heard about them. They are the oldest club in Poznan. They celebrated their centenary on Friday. They are one of the few clubs in European football to have a female President (owner). She basically saved them from oblivion last year; paid all their debts and players who had not been paid for months.

Izabella Lukomska-Pyzalsta is her name and unlike many owners she is committed to her club and has vision. Has anyone ever heard of her or other women in football like her?

http://empower-sport.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=717

Last edited by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Warta Poznan

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm

There aren't too many women in football like her, because this is what she looks like:

There are also a number of 'not safe for work' images of her...
EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks. I know what she looks like. I interviewed her. There's a lot more to her than just her looks. She has performed wonders for the club. She is an incredibly nice person and she is very good looking too as you know.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Has she had her lips done EMP?

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Those lips are disgusting.

Last edited by I want Pirlos babys on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Has she had her lips done EMP?

FFS behave yourselves. I could ask her, but I won't. The previous owners nearly destroyed Warta. She saved it and she is ploughing her own money into the club. She is doing it all herself, building new stadium and much more besides. She deserves some respect, especially after the last lot of male plonkers almost destroyed Poznan's oldest club. Players had not been paid for months. But for her they almost certainly would no longer exist.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Why girls deform their face like that beats me.She would be nice looking if she had normal lips.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Research suggests she has:

But yeah, all credit to her. From what I've read after being Playboy Playmate of the Year in 2001 she went into real estate and construction and made her money that way. Why did you have to interview her EMP?
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 pm

van Gaal for Spurs wrote:

But yeah, all credit to her. From what I've read after being Playboy Playmate of the Year in 2001 she went into real estate and construction and made her money that way. Why did you have to interview her EMP?

Your research is correct. That is how she made her money. I interviewed her about her plans for WArta and what effect the Euros had on Warta and much more besides. Got quite a bit of useful material out of it, and something very important that I will not be sharing with you lot. Watch this space and you'll find out eventually. Expect to be meeting her and Warta people again later.

worms.

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:47 pm

EMP wrote:

Your research is correct. That is how she made her money. I interviewed her about her plans for WArta and what effect the Euros had on Warta and much more besides. Got quite a bit of useful material out of it, and something very important that I will not be sharing with you lot. Watch this space and you'll find out eventually. Expect to be meeting her and Warta people again later.

NO! Please enlighten us O mighty one. Rolling Eyes Razz

Fuck me you don't half come off as a pretentious snob.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 pm

I want Pirlos babys wrote:
EMP wrote:

She's pregnant! Congratulations, EMP! I'm sure the baby will be beautiful.
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:04 pm

EMP wrote:

It's called confidentiality, which is important in my line of work. That means you respect other people's wishes, which is why I can't say what it is. Normal people (everyone else) understand this concept. And finally I couldn't give a flying crap what you think of me.
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:23 pm

EMP wrote:

FFS behave yourselves. I could ask her, but I won't. The previous owners nearly destroyed Warta. She saved it and she is ploughing her own money into the club. She is doing it all herself, building new stadium and much more besides. She deserves some respect, especially after the last lot of male plonkers almost destroyed Poznan's oldest club. Players had not been paid for months. But for her they almost certainly would no longer exist.

Basic I know, but couldnt help myself Laughing

Nice work mate. good to see some women in football who arent Karen Brady who by all accounts almost ruined West Ham and is rewarded with rating prospective employees for Alan Sugar (who almost ruined Spurs) on The Apprentice UK.

Note, I see you met the Worm. He gets bored rather easily and a bit cranky. He is a devout Christian although you couldnt tell given he likes to wish death upon sportsmen over trivial matters. A whirlwind of an enigma and a keen masturbator. enjoy

worms.

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm

EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:

It's called confidentiality, which is important in my line of work. That means you respect other people's wishes, which is why I can't say what it is. Normal people (everyone else) understand this concept. And finally I couldn't give a flying crap what you think of me.

Flying crap lol! How posh. Biggrin

It was the way you said 'you lot' at the end like we are some shit that you have accidently stood in ,this isn't the first example of your snobbery or 'bellendry' either.
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
EMP wrote:

Basic I know, but couldnt help myself Laughing

Nice work mate. good to see some women in football who arent Karen Brady who by all accounts almost ruined West Ham and is rewarded with rating prospective employees for Alan Sugar (who almost ruined Spurs) on The Apprentice UK.

Note, I see you met the Worm. He gets bored rather easily and a bit cranky. He is a devout Christian although you couldnt tell given he likes to wish death upon sportsmen over trivial matters. A whirlwind of an enigma and a keen masturbator. enjoy

I think you're a bit harsh on Karren there, or maybe not harsh enough on Gold and Sullivan> Surely they deserve some blame over what happened at West Ham and Birmingham City too really. I'm sure most men react to Izabella in that basic way. Their loss. She is a smart and committed person who has worked wonders for her team and plans to do a lot more. Once the stuff is published and I am no longer bound by the confidentiality issues I'll tell you the really good stuff. Suffice to say football needs a few more like her.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Good man EMP. Share the good stuff!

Worm, are you honestly criticising someone else for talking down to you? You magnificently hypocritical bellend, its been less than 6 hours since you claimed we (the English) are "all deluded wankers" Laugh

EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Good man EMP. Share the good stuff!

Worm, are you honestly criticising someone else for talking down to you? You magnificently hypocritical bellend, its been less than 6 hours since you claimed we (the English) are "all deluded wankers" Laugh

Threre are several people on here whose opinions I respect and value. Obviously Worms isn't one of them. Funny how only the ultra bellend objected to the 'you lot' comment. Hopefully, at least some of that stuff will be cleared to tell tomorrow, but other bits will take quite a bit longer as still loads of preparation to do on it, but will be worth it in long run. Still got to check something, but there's some interesting stuff going on in Poznan; one of which could land UEFA is some serious mierda. Got to go to Kiev over that bit.

worms.

Post by worms. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Good man EMP. Share the good stuff!

Are you fucking retarded mate? He was clearly talking down to all of us.

"Got quite a bit of useful material out of it, and something very important that I will not be sharing with you lot. "

He clearly comes across as quite a snob here.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Worm, youre a good fellow. There are many shades between the black and white lens you currently appear to view life in. Dont take it so literally. EMP is a longtime poster on here. You should try observing occassionally without jumping feet first in like a mentalist. Some interesting stuff to be learnt on here believe it or not if you dont fly in at everything with a roundhouse kick
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Laugh
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Emp aint such a snob, I took him to a coffeeshop once! Didnt knew he just wanted a real cup of coffee though... Biggrin

Tourists can be confusing..
EMP

Post by EMP on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Fey wrote:Emp aint such a snob, I took him to a coffeeshop once! Didnt knew he just wanted a real cup of coffee though... Biggrin

Tourists can be confusing..

Fey, has it been reported in the Netherlands that apparently Huntelaar was the most disruptive influence in the Dutch team? Does he have a history of that type of behaviour.
EMP

Post by EMP on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 am

This is one of the things I was talking about. Poznan's stadium looks set to be a huge burden. It was overpriced and appears to have no sensible plan to justify itself. This was just crazy organisation and it may not be the only one either.

White Elephants
From the News Desk: June 26, 2012

by Satish Sekar
Print Send to a Friend

Assumptions
Warta Poznań’s President Izabella Łukomska-Pyżalska lays the problems bare – ones that suggest Poznań may now have an expensive liability on its hands – an expensive state-of-the-art stadium that cannot be used. “I have a development company,” Łukomska-Pyżalska says. “I know how much we can spend money to build a house, so they spend like €800m for Poznań. The same stadium you can build for 400m. In my mind this is a waste of money. We have two clubs in Poznań, Lech and Warta and now the operator of the stadium tells me [quotes] crazy money to rent the stadium, so we are not going to play there.”

The plans that the stadium would be used after Euro 2012 seem to be in tatters as unrealistic expectations and demands were made on the clubs it was assumed would rush to pay rent they cannot justify. From Warta’s point of view their support base cannot hope to fill the stadium and justify the expense. Without their income the stadium must rely on Lech and possibly other sports and events too, but those will be occasional ones. Can the stadium pay its way now?

Realistic Plans
She has her own plans – ones which suggest that Poland’s Tournament Director for Euro 2012 Adam Olkowicz’ hopes won’t be realised and that must be a blow regarding future use of the expensive new stadium. How will it be used and paid for now? This is an interesting argument. Remember the furore over Cabinda – a justified one from the African Cup of Nations in Angola in 2010 – and suggestions that Gabon’s new stadiums in Franceville and Libreville would be white elephants. Stadium building in Africa was one of the reasons cited by CAF, African football’s governing body, for requiring the competition to be held every two years with the subsequent attacks on the competition, especially in Europe. What will Poznań’s stadium be now?

“I hope that because now we are not getting the new stadium, this is the next step,” Łukomska-Pyżalska says. “I want a new stadium for Warta – new stadium for around 10000 places. We don’t need more. I think it’s enough for us and now I’m building this for the 4-5000 people and just enough for a few years.”

And that raises an important issue. There was never any realistic possibility that Warta could fill the new stadium in Poznań and even Lech will struggle, so how could a 50,000 capacity stadium be filled and paid for by those clubs? Lech will not fill it to capacity for Ekstraklasa matches and without that, they too will struggle to justify playing there. Warta is a division below.

Vision
Łukomska-Pyżalska has ideas for Warta, the club she pulled back from the brink of destruction. “The Ekstraklasa [Poland’s top league] is the first step and then we will think whether we can do more, because there is a very big difference between Ekstraklasa and First League,” she says. “Ekstraklasa get a lot of money 2 million per year from Canal Plus and the First League, they don’t get money from the television, so they have a lot of money; we don’t have anything.”

She is not impressed with the distribution of resources in Polish football – a problem even for well run and fiscally sound clubs like hers. “This is the bad politics in the football politics in Poland,” Łukomska-Pyżalska says. “It is very big difference. We have to pay a lot to PZPN for transfer, for other kinds of payment, but I don’t think that I get something from PZPN.”

EMP

Post by EMP on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 am

ResponsibilitiesFrom the News Desk: June 26, 2012

by Satish Sekar
Print Send to a Friend

Good Times
Warta Poznań’s fans have had a roller-coaster ride in recent times. Languishing in the First Division, mismanagement by previous owners threatened to drive the historic Polish city’s oldest club out of business. The bad times looked set to cost Warta supporters their club, but in the midst of despair Warta found a champion – a woman who not only paid the debts and the outstanding wage demands, but put Warta back on an even keel.

Izabella Łukomska-Pyżalska has a mission. She wants to lead Warta back to the top division of Polish football, but on a firm footing. “You know the payments in the First League depends of course on the player,” she says, “but it starts at say 3000 [Zloty] per month until around 20000. [The exchange rate is about 5 Zloty to the pound.] There’s very big difference between some clubs. Some clubs pay 20000 and some clubs pay 10000 and some clubs pay 2 or 3000 because they don’t have money, so I think that this is it, 2000 until 20000. If he is really good I can pay more, but he must show it – he must show it at the game.”

The Spirit of Warta
It’s far from a fortune and she knows it. “Now I think the players they just go where they have money,” she says. “No money, they don’t care and they don’t care about the club; they don’t like any club, just the money is the most important thing.” That means that she has to seek players who want to wear the green of Warta, but they are hard to find.

One such player was born in Poland and has Congolese and Polish origins. Alain Ngamayama is a Warta product. He has been with the club man and boy from 8 years old. Łukomska-Pyżalska has no doubt about his commitment to Warta’s cause. “He is very long with Warta, from when he was 8 years old when he start, so here I think the longest. He is typical green player. He’ll do good I hope. He’ll stay with us. His heart is green. I think he is green and he is a good player and I hope he will stay with us. He will play better and better with us. I hope his career will be great. He’s very sympathetic.”

She is always looking for players. “Of course, we are looking for the new young players and for me it doesn’t matter, the colour of their skin, but the problem always is with money, because I get some proposition so expensive and it’s too expensive for our level now,” she says. “So if I get proposition, good players, but not normal rational [expensive] price, I am interested.”

But her aim is to guarantee the future by developing her own talent through an academy that she wants to build for Warta. “We are all the time looking for good players,” she says. “I’m always interested. If I can have a good player and not crazy money, because sometimes we have the managers [agents] and they want crazy money and the guy he don’t play enough for this money; it’s always easy to spend money. My dream is that we have all our players and I don’t have to look around for them, but it will take a long time – years.”
EMP

Post by EMP on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:18 am

VisionaryFrom the News Desk: June 26, 2012

by Satish Sekar
Print Send to a Friend

Future
Warta Poznań has just begun its second century. Just a year ago the city’s oldest club faced a bleak future in Poland’s First League (one below the top flight). Spiralling debts meant that players had not been paid for months. The future looked so bleak that some thought there was no future.

Last year Warta found a saviour. Izabella Łukomska-Pyżalska is one of the few women in football to have a position of power. She is Warta’s President and saviour, having ploughed her own resources into not only saving the club, but building it up again. Thanks to her its debts are paid off, players are paid on time and it is financially viable.

Plans
“The first step is to go to Ekstraklasa [Poland’s top league],” she told us exclusively. She hopes that they will then push for European football, but they failed to get promoted during the recent season. There are other priorities too. Poznań got a plush state-of-the-art new stadium built for Euro 2012, but it is threatening to become a liability as Warta cannot afford the rent or hope to fill it.

“It’s important for us to build our stadium,” Łukomska-Pyżalska says. “Because now we are not getting the new stadium, this is the next step. I want a new stadium for Warta – new stadium for around 10000 places. We don’t need more. I think it’s enough for us and now I’m building this for the 4-5000 people and just enough for a few years. I think that we will have a better grass than at the City stadium.”

Polish football’s governing body, the PZPN is run by former legendary player Grzegorz Lato, but there appears to be no trickle-down effect to the smaller clubs like Warta. “Everything I do in Warta, I pay by myself,” she says. “I don’t have help. From the city I have 1% or even less. For this money if I want to make a football future I have to make a school for the children and I will organise everything by myself. Nobody will help me, so if I want to do it I have to pay everything by myself.”

Critical
Poland’s Tournament Director for Euro 2012, Adam Olkowicz paints a rosy picture for the future of Polish football through the clubs. He points out that 2000 mini pitches were provided for young people to play on. Łukomska-Pyżalska is not convinced that the government and PZPN are doing enough to address the problems in Polish football.

“It would be good if you know the government made some plan,” she says. “If you want to win something, you have to start from the beginning. We have to have to have this college [academy]. We have to have lots of places and possibilities for children – for boys and also for the girls if they are young. We will continue this. This is I think the biggest problem in Poland that we have near 40,000,000 people here so we have a lot of people and I think maybe a lot of great players, but how we can find them? They are not playing here.”

But won’t the pitches help to get Polish children playing? Olkowicz and Lato certainly thought so, but Łukomska-Pyżalska is yet to be convinced. “How does what they say help?” she asks, “because to do it you need the money; yes? No football without money, because football is very expensive. Any kind of football club you need some money to organise the school for children. You need money.”

Academies
The small pitches alone will not suffice. “This is just the places and maybe some normal primary school or something they are playing there, but this is not professional,” she says. “There should be some coaches that are not working in enough places and they earn less money in each place, so they have to work in ten places and they don’t know the children. They are just trying to operate in each place and there is no positional thinking about if you want to have the great players. I think this is the problem. If the PZPN would start to do something it would be great, but I didn’t hear about any plan yet.”

She intends to do something about it herself. “There is no organisation to organise children to play,” says Łukomska-Pyżalska. “There are some football schools but they are typical commercial schools and they just earn money. You finish at 12. Nothing happens after that, so what is my plan? If I can do it and I have enough money for a long time I want to make a new school [academy] and I want to make a new school from like 6 years old and I don’t want to buy players. I want to have my own players.”
EMP

Post by EMP on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:20 am

There's still quite a bit more, but it will take quite a bit of time to sort it all out. Got a lot of material and not just from Izabella.
Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
Supports : Italy, Spain
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 am

EMP wrote:Got quite a bit of useful material out of it, and something very important that I will not be sharing with you lot. Watch this space and you'll find out eventually. Expect to be meeting her and Warta people again later.

I have some very exciting news about developments in the field of marzipan production THAT I AM NEVER GOING TO TELL TO ANYONE Grr

worms.

Post by worms. on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 am

Did anybody even know Warta Poznań existed before EMP started talking about it?
the real white worm

Number of posts : 393
Favourite Player : BALE, the real white pele
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post by the real white worm on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Super Balanced wrote:Did anybody even know Warta Poznań existed before EMP started talking about it?

maybe platini did?

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 am

Sergio Vamos wrote:Did anybody even know Warta Poznań existed before EMP started talking about it?
I did. But imagine a surprise I have seeing "Warta Poznan" thread here. Btw, word on the street is that she doesn't have any power nor clue with running Warta and everything is done and decided by her husband. She's just a pretty face (minus scary lips).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:19 am