Warta Poznan

ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Warta Poznan

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 am

stinger wrote:
Sergio Vamos wrote:Did anybody even know Warta Poznań existed before EMP started talking about it?
I did. But imagine a surprise I have seeing "Warta Poznan" thread here. Btw, word on the street is that she doesn't have any power nor clue with running Warta and everything is done and decided by her husband. She's just a pretty face (minus scary lips).

If that is true, I'm sure our resident journalist EMP got to the bottom of it.

I had found a picture of him to include in here as a bit of a mini-biography, but clearly it's against the forum rules.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 am

stinger wrote:
Sergio Vamos wrote:Did anybody even know Warta Poznań existed before EMP started talking about it?
I did. But imagine a surprise I have seeing "Warta Poznan" thread here. Btw, word on the street is that she doesn't have any power nor clue with running Warta and everything is done and decided by her husband. She's just a pretty face (minus scary lips).

Well at least we learnt some new things, makes a nice change from the mindless drivel from worms, messia and puro.
the real white worm

Number of posts : 393
Favourite Player : BALE, the real white pele
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post by the real white worm on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:07 pm

110% wrote:
stinger wrote:

Well at least we learnt some new things, makes a nice change from the mindless drivel from worms, messia and puro.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:14 pm

EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:55 pm

stinger wrote:

That's not true. I havae met her and intervewed her. She is savvy and has a vision for the club. Word on street in this case is typical mcp agenda.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:20 am

EMP wrote:
stinger wrote:

That's not true. I havae met her and intervewed her. She is savvy and has a vision for the club. Word on street in this case is typical mcp agenda.
I shouldn't use "word on the street" in this case, as I was told about it by a very good source in my opinion. Her (or her husband) vision also won't help in a situation when Poznan is dramatically cutting money for professional sports projects and since Warta don't have any real fan base, I don't see them going anywhere.

Btw, if you were anywhere close to Warsaw I will be heavily disappointed of not getting in touch with you Evil or Very Mad
EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 pm

stinger wrote:
EMP wrote:
stinger wrote:

I shouldn't use "word on the street" in this case, as I was told about it by a very good source in my opinion. Her (or her husband) vision also won't help in a situation when Poznan is dramatically cutting money for professional sports projects and since Warta don't have any real fan base, I don't see them going anywhere.

Btw, if you were anywhere close to Warsaw I will be heavily disappointed of not getting in touch with you Evil or Very Mad

I have been in Warsaw a few times during tournament. I'm in Kyiv for final now Like Poland Ukraine is great. Got busy day today. Been at Platini's press conference, then got both coaches plus a couple of players press conferences and finally the Elena Pinchuk Foundation Anti-AIDS concert tonight.

I'm returning to Warsaw on July 3rd. Not there long but returning on 7th I think before leaving Poland on the 10th. Are you free on 7-9th. Should be staying around Wilcza if that's any good. Going to Krakow on 3rd, Poznan on 5th - seeing Lech there (Krakow, Radgoscz, Tarnow, Auschwitz, and then back to Warsaw.If you want I'll let you see or hear the interview then.

Regarding Warta, she's not looking for help fro Poznan City Concil, or should I say expecting money from elsewhere. She has plans and intends to pay fot them herself, but it depends on the success of her construction business.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 pm

stinger, you will be very fortunate if EMP decides to grace you with his presence. He is normally above "us lot".
EMP

Post by EMP on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:45 am

@ Stinger. Generally I have no problem meeting people from Board, but I do have a very low moron threshhold. Wouldn't waste time on Worms for example, even though he does occasionally have some interesting insight.

Puro, on the other hand I would defintely like to meet and talk to. He is very knowledgeable on Latin Amertican history, which I find very interesting as the decolonisation errors there were repeated in Africa a century later - artitificial national borders led to numerous wars in post independence era in both continents.

I will be back in Warsaw on July 3rd in the morning. Intend to go to Krakow that afternoon. I'll pm you my Polish number. Would defintely like to catch up with you while I'm in Warsaw. Let me know if you prefer then or 7-9th, but bear in mind I have to leave time to get to Krakow. Will be going to Lech Poznan's European qualifier on 5th.

I think Izabella has some interesting ideas and she seems to be being treated harsher than men. It seems pretty clear that previous owners were pretty useless. You are right regarding Poznan squeezing budgets on sport. I'm planning to meet the President or senior offical of Lech Poznan while I'm there. Hoping to sort out out some others in Warsaw and Krakow while I'm here.

If you are interested you can listen to the interview itself or I can e-mail you a transcript of it on confidential basis as it still includes the stuff I can't talk about publicly yet. Let me know your preference.

By the way Stinger, have you ever heard of Katharina Sroka, Johann Gawenda and Franz Gallus? It's a small piece of virtually unknown Polish history.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 pm

EMP wrote:@ Stinger. Generally I have no problem meeting people from Board, but I do have a very low moron threshhold. Wouldn't waste time on Worms for example, even though he does occasionally have some interesting insight.

Puro, on the other hand I would defintely like to meet and talk to. He is very knowledgeable on Latin Amertican history, which I find very interesting as the decolonisation errors there were repeated in Africa a century later - artitificial national borders led to numerous wars in post independence era in both continents.

I will be back in Warsaw on July 3rd in the morning. Intend to go to Krakow that afternoon. I'll pm you my Polish number. Would defintely like to catch up with you while I'm in Warsaw. Let me know if you prefer then or 7-9th, but bear in mind I have to leave time to get to Krakow. Will be going to Lech Poznan's European qualifier on 5th.

I think Izabella has some interesting ideas and she seems to be being treated harsher than men. It seems pretty clear that previous owners were pretty useless. You are right regarding Poznan squeezing budgets on sport. I'm planning to meet the President or senior offical of Lech Poznan while I'm there. Hoping to sort out out some others in Warsaw and Krakow while I'm here.

If you are interested you can listen to the interview itself or I can e-mail you a transcript of it on confidential basis as it still includes the stuff I can't talk about publicly yet. Let me know your preference.

By the way Stinger, have you ever heard of Katharina Sroka, Johann Gawenda and Franz Gallus? It's a small piece of virtually unknown Polish history.

Latin America is a stupid term to use. It simply reflects the essentialism that characterises the Western view of millions of people. There is no such thing as 'Latin America'. It is a Western construct.

stinger

Post by stinger on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:20 am

EMP wrote:
stinger wrote:

After some short research found that she had became president of Warta Poznan only because her husband (who is a president of real estate company, where she is vice-president) was prosecuted at that time for various thefts and illegal activity. So him taking over as President of Warta would be a PR nightmare from day 1. Either way we'll have an interesting conversation when we meet Wink
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 am

stinger wrote:
EMP wrote:
stinger wrote:

After some short research found that she had became president of Warta Poznan only because her husband (who is a president of real estate company, where she is vice-president) was prosecuted at that time for various thefts and illegal activity. So him taking over as President of Warta would be a PR nightmare from day 1. Either way we'll have an interesting conversation when we meet Wink

All that may well be true, but after talking to her, she was outlining her vision and doing it in another language, based on my questions. She had no advance notice of what I would ask and expressed herself pretty well. I found her knowledge and vision impressive, especially after the mess at Warta she inherited. There's a lot more to her than her hubby. She deserves credit for what she has done and is doing there. It's clear that she loves the club. I've met a few owners you can't say that about.

It will be interesting conversation for sure, which I look forward to, but I have no doubt that she has enemies simply because she is a woman running a football club as well. Was her hubby convicted of said activities, or just prosecuted? (I'm a stickler for innocent until proven guilty, and even then the evidence better be good quality). Any way look forward to meeting and discussing. May the Warka flow!

stinger

Post by stinger on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 am

EMP wrote:
stinger wrote:
EMP wrote:
stinger wrote:

All that may well be true, but after talking to her, she was outlining her vision and doing it in another language, based on my questions. She had no advance notice of what I would ask and expressed herself pretty well. I found her knowledge and vision impressive, especially after the mess at Warta she inherited. There's a lot more to her than her hubby. She deserves credit for what she has done and is doing there. It's clear that she loves the club. I've met a few owners you can't say that about.

It will be interesting conversation for sure, which I look forward to, but I have no doubt that she has enemies simply because she is a woman running a football club as well. Was her hubby convicted of said activities, or just prosecuted? (I'm a stickler for innocent until proven guilty, and even then the evidence better be good quality). Any way look forward to meeting and discussing. May the Warka flow!
Sounds good Smile.
EMP

Post by EMP on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:13 am

Met Stinger a couple of days ago. He is very decent guy. Thanks for your help.

@ Stinger: Due to meet Drzymala shortly. Will let you know how it goes. Going to meet Prez of Lech Poznan this evening before watching their Europa League qualifier.

Not at all sure that Kazhakstan should be part of Europe. As Stinger pointed out the return is close to the border with China.

Will be back in Krakow in the morning. Then returning to Warsaw on 7th.

Last edited by EMP on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
EMP

Post by EMP on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 am

@ Stinger. Thanks for the recommendation regarding Zbigniew Drzymala. He definitely has some interesting ideas. Real pity that Polish football and government wasted his immense knowledge. Saw his facilities in Groclin and we had a long talk about Polish football in general. They really should have listened to him.

Also met and interviewed Piotr Rutkowski of Lech Poznan and Jacek Bednarz of Wisla Krakow. Both went well and should lead to other projects as well. Rutkowski was interesting as he not only doesn't see Warta as rival, but wants to help themmainly by loaning players that he can't use yet. Drzymala may help too with stadium if needed. Interestingly both had similar ideas on Polish youth football to Izabella as well.

Drzymala refused to criticise the owners of Polonia Warszawa - he sold Groclins (Ekstraklasa franchise) to them, but they look set to sell it to new owners in Katowice now.

Poland is great country. Visit it if any of you get a chance.
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 am

There's Only One King wrote:
EMP wrote:@ Stinger. Generally I have no problem meeting people from Board, but I do have a very low moron threshhold. Wouldn't waste time on Worms for example, even though he does occasionally have some interesting insight.

Latin America is a stupid term to use. It simply reflects the essentialism that characterises the Western view of millions of people. There is no such thing as 'Latin America'. It is a Western construct.

Fair enough. There's no real term for the area that I meant, which includes most central America, bits of the USA and South America, but especially South America.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am

EMP wrote:

Fair enough. There's no real term for the area that I meant, which includes most central America, bits of the USA and South America, but especially South America.

Yeah, let me clarify. GEOGRAPHICALLY, the use of "Latin America" makes sense. However it has now become more than a simple geographical descriptor, so, for me, is a term that has to be defined each time it is used. This is a central part of my thesis this year, which explores Brazilian and Argentine modernist art.

Anyway, the tone of what I wrote was rather arrogant and cruel, so apologies, EMP.
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am

Warta is in England for a pre-season tour. Have meeting before match. If it goes well, will let those of you who meet my minimum brain cells requirement (anyone but Worms) and want to know what this is about.

Interesting that the previous corruption in Polish football seems to be brushed under the carpet, but she gets it in the jugular without anything like the same quality of proof.
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 am

[quote="There's Only One King"]
EMP wrote:

Yeah, let me clarify. GEOGRAPHICALLY, the use of "Latin America" makes sense. However it has now become more than a simple geographical descriptor, so, for me, is a term that has to be defined each time it is used. This is a central part of my thesis this year, which explores Brazilian and Argentine modernist art.

Anyway, the tone of what I wrote was rather arrogant and cruel, so apologies, EMP.[quote]

Reply below.

Last edited by EMP on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:50 am

@ There's Only One Kimg:

No problem and no offence taken. I was using it in a geographic and historical context, mainly with reference to the post-colonial history of Paraguay, Brasil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Peru in South America and also Mexico and USA in central and north America in the nineteenth century, but not exclusive to them.

The artificial borders imposed by colonial governments resulted in civil wars and border wars for the best part of the nineteenth century. This is very similar to the decolonisation experience in Africa in the second half of the twentieth century and in my opinion an obvious consequence of artifically created borders that ignore the cultures and histories and national affiliations of the various peoples. For example, Cabinda should not be part of Angola. It only happened due to colonialism. They are really part of DR Congo from historical, cultural and even geographic context. There is no reasonable basis for forcing Cabinda to be part of Angola and we all know the price paid in football terms for that stupid decision.

ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:55 am

EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:

Anyway, the tone of what I wrote was rather arrogant and cruel, so apologies, EMP.

No problem and no offence taken. I was using it in a geographic and historical context, mainly with reference to the post-colonial history of Paraguay, Brasil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Peru in South America and also Mexico and USA in the nineteenth century, but not exclusive to them. The artificial borders imposed by colonial governments resulted in civil wars and border wars for the best part of the nineteenth century. This is very similar to the decolonisation experience in Africa in the second half of the twentieth century and in my opinion an obvious consequence of artifically created borders that ignore the cultures and histories and national afficilations of the various peoples. For example,Cabinda should not be part of Angola. It only happened due to colonialism. They are really part of DR Congo from historical, cultural and even geographic context. There is no reasonable basis for forcing Cabinda to be part of Angola and we all the price paid for that astupid decision.

It's interesting that while the essentialist construction of ‘Africa’ has been discarded (see, for example, Olu Oguibe’s ‘In the Heart of Darkness’ in Third Text, as well as VY Mudimbe’s The Invention of Africa), that of ‘Latin America’ has not. Gerardo Mosquera, an interesting writer I've come across this year in my studies, ponders whether the idea of Latin America should include the English-speaking Caribbean, Spanish-speakers in the United States, the populations of African origin throughout Central and South America, and the indigenous populations (together these form the 'mestizaje': that racial and cultural mix of European, Indian and African that makes up Latin America).

It is difficult to discuss Latin American identity without homogenising close to 600 million people, or even more if you include the US' "chicano" population.
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 pm

EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:

No problem and no offence taken. I was using it in a geographic and historical context, mainly with reference to the post-colonial history of Paraguay, Brasil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile and Peru in South America and also Mexico and USA in the nineteenth century, but not exclusive to them. The artificial borders imposed by colonial governments resulted in civil wars and border wars for the best part of the nineteenth century. This is very similar to the decolonisation experience in Africa in the second half of the twentieth century and in my opinion an obvious consequence of artifically created borders that ignore the cultures and histories and national afficilations of the various peoples. For example,Cabinda should not be part of Angola. It only happened due to colonialism. They are really part of DR Congo from historical, cultural and even geographic context. There is no reasonable basis for forcing Cabinda to be part of Angola and we all the price paid for that astupid decision.

It's interesting that while the essentialist construction of ‘Africa’ has been discarded (see, for example, Olu Oguibe’s ‘In the Heart of Darkness’ in Third Text, as well as VY Mudimbe’s The Invention of Africa), that of ‘Latin America’ has not. Gerardo Mosquera, an interesting writer I've come across this year in my studies, ponders whether the idea of Latin America should include the English-speaking Caribbean, Spanish-speakers in the United States, the populations of African origin throughout Central and South America, and the indigenous populations (together these form the 'mestizaje': that racial and cultural mix of European, Indian and African that makes up Latin America).

It is difficult to discuss Latin American identity without homogenising close to 600 million people, or even more if you include the US' "chicano" population.

well I think you have to include The Hispanic population of the USA. I will never understand how Antonio de Santa Anna is not a national hero of the USA. He seems to have all but dismembered Mexico with his terrible military leadership. I'd also say that the former Spanish Caribbean colonies Cuba and the Dominican Republic ought to be included, but they seem to get ignored. By the way, have you come across Alexandre Petion in your studies. If not, look him up, or ask me and I'll point you towards some useful info. Long story, short, without Petion, Simon Bolivar would have been nothing more than a footnote in history - a failed would be liberator. Petion assisted many other liberation movements too.
EMP

Post by EMP on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:39 am

Saw Warta play against Aldershot yesterday. Both teams looked very rusty and there was a distinct lack of quality in the final third. Further progress was made with Warta, building on what happened in Poland.
EMP

Post by EMP on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:31 pm

@ Stinger: Don't know if you know this or not, but the owner of Aldershot is a Pole who won a lottery and bought the club. He seems to be reasonably popular there. He was reason for Warta being invited. If you want or need contacts let me know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 pm