EURO 2012 Final

Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: EURO 2012 Final

Post by Fade out on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Arbeola, Xabi, Pique, Fabregas - ex-DPL
Silva, Torres, Mata - current DPL

DPL ok

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Xavi outplayed Pirlo today for me.What a player,I told everyone on here,the only reason he was "poor" against Portugal was because Portugal player a hyper physical game and Xavi is fatigued and has a Achilles injury but against a slower oppononent he proved he is the best again.I trusted him and he delivered like he does in all big games.
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:22 pm

It may be strange, but I actually love the Azzurri slightly more than Milan. I started watching Italian football because of the 1990 Italy team. I was a kid then but the build up to the semi-final and that semi-final loss to Argentina made me fall in love with the gli azzurri, and the passion has grown and grown.

It is a shit feeling to lose a Final, but once the disappointment lessens, I think Italy fans can look back and be satisfied with what they achieved at Euro2012. I agree with Bobo...with no Pirlo in our team, it will be very difficult for Italy to compete like they did this tournament.

I personally thought Prandelli mad a mistake today by taking off Montolivo. If he was going for a more physical player who was going to break up play, that's fine...but don't do it so early. Anyway, Forza Azzurri!

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:24 pm

mark lawrenson is a c**t,saying Italy were totally outplayed.Only when they had 10 men were they outplayed,the 1st half was pretty even,but we created 2 great chances compared to there few half chances.

Feel sorry for Pirlo,De Rossi and Buffon,they deserve to win this trophy.

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:24 pm

fcb wrote:Why is Iniesta man of the match? Grr Should be Xavi.

And Spain played most of the tournament without a striker,yet somehow Torres wins the Golden Boot Laughing

Phenomenal performance from Spain when it mattered most. Deserved winners and the greatest national team of all time.

Happy for you mate Ale must be great to have such a talented national team to cheer on us Englanders would give their right arm for our side to win something. pirat

Last edited by Brian2468 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Who else thinks Italy should have stuck with 3 - 5 - 2 which served them so well against us in the GS?
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:It may be strange, but I actually love the Azzurri slightly more than Milan. I started watching Italian football because of the 1990 Italy team. I was a kid then but the build up to the semi-final and that semi-final loss to Argentina made me fall in love with the gli azzurri, and the passion has grown and grown.

It is a shit feeling to lose a Final, but once the disappointment lessens, I think Italy fans can look back and be satisfied with what they achieved at Euro2012. I agree with Bobo...with no Pirlo in our team, it will be very difficult for Italy to compete like they did this tournament.

I personally thought Prandelli mad a mistake today by taking off Montolivo. If he was going for a more physical player who was going to break up play, that's fine...but don't do it so early. Anyway, Forza Azzurri!

i would have gambled at that stage and put giovinco in the attacking midfielder role.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Campiones wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
messiah wrote:I can already see some from the prem making something out of 3 of the scorers playing thier, and just as I am typing this some on sky says it, I kid you not

I cant talk on behalf of the person from Sky Sports, but from those of us on here accustomed to reading yours and Worms' continualy repetitive negative shite regarding the EPL, its rather fun highlighting it Ale

Is that the best thing a Ingurland supporter can take out of the Euros.

Laughing

We are the greatest team of all time,deal with it.

THEY are the best national team of all time.

You, my friend - who no doubt needed google translate to create your new profile name - are not. But thanks for playing
BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Campiones wrote:Who else thinks Italy should have stuck with 3 - 5 - 2 which served them so well against us in the GS?

don't know. You look at the 2 goals - first one Chiellini gets beaten way too easily while Barzagli and Bonucci o not pick up Silva, and the second goal, at least 1 of 3 players should have tracked Alba's run or at least tried to trip him up! To me these came about because of individual errors rather than anything specifically wrong with the tactics.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:34 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:It may be strange, but I actually love the Azzurri slightly more than Milan. I started watching Italian football because of the 1990 Italy team. I was a kid then but the build up to the semi-final and that semi-final loss to Argentina made me fall in love with the gli azzurri, and the passion has grown and grown.

i would have gambled at that stage and put giovinco in the attacking midfielder role.

I was screaming at the tv when that happened. I had just written a few posts on why Prandelli should put on Nocerino for Monto/Marchisio, to give the side some more physicality. Or bring on Borini, give him a run at Alba - if nothing else, he will stop him from making forward runs. Motta was a poor choice, even before the unanticipated injury which completely finished the game.

But all in all, Italy did what they could. Going a goal behind, and two injuries which put you a man behind, is just too much for any team to handle against this great Spanish side.

The Azzurri had a brilliant tournament, they played beautiful football and this was their first competitive loss since the world cup. Who would have imagined that?

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873

Post by Brian2468 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Italy were running on empty fumes. Playing Thursdays semi final gave them only 3 days to recover they were going to run out of energy tough job winning against the best.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
Campiones wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
messiah wrote:I can already see some from the prem making something out of 3 of the scorers playing thier, and just as I am typing this some on sky says it, I kid you not

I cant talk on behalf of the person from Sky Sports, but from those of us on here accustomed to reading yours and Worms' continualy repetitive negative shite regarding the EPL, its rather fun highlighting it Ale

Is that the best thing a Ingurland supporter can take out of the Euros.

Laughing

We are the greatest team of all time,deal with it.

THEY are the best national team of all time.

You, my friend - who no doubt needed google translate to create your new profile name - are not. But thanks for playing

Actually I can speak Espanol,am not fluent but I know quite a bit...
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm

"They had more physical freshness. We spent a lot [of energy] + against players like these it's difficult to recover." Prandelli

Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:41 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Campiones wrote:Who else thinks Italy should have stuck with 3 - 5 - 2 which served them so well against us in the GS?

don't know. You look at the 2 goals - first one Chiellini gets beaten way too easily while Barzagli and Bonucci o not pick up Silva, and the second goal, at least 1 of 3 players should have tracked Alba's run or at least tried to trip him up! To me these came about because of individual errors rather than anything specifically wrong with the tactics.

One of my pet hates is when people criticise defenders for not picking up when they have been turned and are facing their goal like that - its practically impossible.

Xavi was amazing and is the best at club level but I'd put Pirlo above any of the Spaniards at Intl level for influence - if you have Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas - they are all different but you'd get by if one was unavailable by reshuffling.

Italy without Pirlo are fucked!

Don't think Spain made special plans for him - their high pressing naturally took care of it.

Fabregas can't run a game at top level but always seems to make a vital contribution.

Next time Spain play a tournie they should pick out a good Striker from the past like Raul, Morientes, Butragueno, Salinas and pick them ahead of Torres so they can get a winners medal and perhaps a cheap goal off the bench in a final - would be a nice touch.

Buffon:

“The game with Germany felt like a Final, but tonight there was nothing to be done,” the goalkeeper told Rai Sport.

“They were too superior and so the regrets about losing are possibly less hard, as when you face a powerful and invulnerable force like this, you can accept the defeat easier.

“We had a great tournament, it was a wonderful journey and clearly you want to win when in the Final, but here you do meet a side of your level. Tonight we met a team with an inestimable value.

“We thank the fans with all our hearts, as they never abandoned us and it gave us pride to give them these emotions. At times you meet someone stronger and so credit to them.

“The Nazionale belongs to everyone and is the only vehicle that reanimates and brings some joy back into the homes of fans.”
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:50 pm

I would agree with that for this euros pierre, but if you took xavi out of the 08 team and slightly less in WC10, spain would be fucked too
BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Fabregas is clutch. He's Spain's Grosso.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Xavi done a nice job on Pirlo today,he really is superb defensively.For what it's worth I think Pirlo has more varied and better long passing but Xavi is best at keeping the ball under immense pressure,his first touch and close control with the ball is slightly better than Pirlos.

worms.

Post by worms. on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Jordi Alba is the first defender in history to score a goal in a Euro final #euro2012 #fcblive [via @pedritonumeros]

What a beast this man is. cheers
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:14 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Fabregas is clutch. He's Spain's Grosso.

Torres is fairly clutch too, Euro 2008. Silva as well. Silva and Fabregas been most decisive for Spain this tournament.

I agree with Pierre here.

Pirlo is one of his kind and is very integral to Italian side.

Forlan for Uruguay in WC 2010. To some extent, Sneijder.

Arshavin in Euro 2008. Followed by Modric(?) maybe. In latter's case, again not playing with players in that level.

As a team, Spain have all the tools. I think as good as Xabi/Senna/Busquets, Xavi, Silva, Cesc, Iniesta are, they're fairly replaceable with each other in absence of one, they have good spares like Carzola, Mata who don't even get a look-in in tournament stages.

Everyone said they'd be fucked without Puyol and Villa, but look waht happened.

Last edited by Fade out on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Does anybody know where Puro lives? We need to send an ambulance around to his house, I'm worried he's swallowed poison.
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Pirlo had a day less rest. It showed too. For what its worth, I think Pirlo's close conrol and touch is absolutely amazing. And his range of passing is the best.
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Silva is Gold. wrote:
Actually I can speak Espanol,am not fluent but I know quite a bit...

You have a childish grasp of the English language, let alone another lol!
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:12 am

Fair play to Spain. Had basically done just enough throughout the tournament, but really put in a performance in the final. Fabregas has a directness which proved vital in the first breakthrough and after that they let loose (particularly with the extra man).

Cannot really argue with three tournaments in succession, though I'm hoping someone else wins in 2014 'cause it's getting a bit dull to see this level of dominance Very Happy
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:27 am

Well, well, well...

I could say fuck all the haters.

I could say fuck everyone who said Arbeloa was shit.

I could say fuck everyone who said Xabi Alonso was ruining the greatest midfield in the history of football.

I could say fuck everyone who said Spain could not win with a false nine.

I could say fuck everyone who said Spain are boring.

I could say fuck everyone who said DEL BOSQUE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grr

But nah. That is not my style. On this historic day I would just like to say:

FUCK PROGRESS! ok

P.S. Best wishes to the Italy/Serie A contingent. Bad luck with the injuries but I think the Azzurri can be proud of the tournament they made after nobody really gave them a chance. Ale
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:32 am

But Spain were very boring in every match up till the final. Why would you even consider saying fuck you to people telling the truth?
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:38 am

Ale cheers
alonso kinda had is worst game in the comp today, xavi had is best, spain played thier best so....Wink
Fade out

Post by Fade out on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

The reason why Spain looked sharp is simple. they had less tiredness among old players.

Of the two older players, Xabi looked slightly subdued, Xavi imposed more.

Pirlo wasn't really sharp on the turn and he did look slightly lost. De Rossi didn't show any tiredness.

Coincidence? I think not.

Who among these players played 210 minutes, and who played 180 minutes in previous two games. And for Pirlo's age, to recover in a day less was nearly impossible.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:59 am

DEL BOSQUE OUT!!!!! wrote:Well, well, well...

I could say fuck all the haters.

I could say fuck everyone who said Arbeloa was shit.

I could say fuck everyone who said Xabi Alonso was ruining the greatest midfield in the history of football.

I could say fuck everyone who said Spain could not win with a false nine.

I could say fuck everyone who said Spain are boring.

I could say fuck everyone who said DEL BOSQUE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grr

But nah. That is not my style. On this historic day I would just like to say:

FUCK PROGRESS! ok

P.S. Best wishes to the Italy/Serie A contingent. Bad luck with the injuries but I think the Azzurri can be proud of the tournament they made after nobody really gave them a chance. Ale

Congrats but until tonight Spain had been quite boring in this tournament (which was very frustrating given that everyone knew they could deliver a performance like tonight). Arbeloa had also been very average until the final (as had Xavi). Never understood the Alonso criticism personally.

Still, they all turned it on when it really mattered. The midfield was majestic. Casillas surely has to be one of the greatest keepers of all time. Ramos-Pique also looks like an excellent CB partnership for the future.

Arguably the greatest international side of all time. Congrats to all Spaniards Ale
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:21 am

debaser wrote:But Spain were very boring in every match up till the final. Why would you even consider saying fuck you to people telling the truth?

Because it is not the truth. It is subjective. I would have liked to see Spain play more direct at times but if you read the comments in Marca.com or whatever there were loads of Barcelona supporters going on about how there was not enough possession! The bottom line is the players and coaching staff were faithful to an idea and at the end of the day the only 'truth' is that Spain won.
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 am

Congrats to Jaime, torrente, fcb, and messiah.

Once the pain dissipates, I will look back at this tournament fondly. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:02 am