EURO 2012 Final

Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: EURO 2012 Final

Post by Fade out on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Balls Grayson wrote:
Fade out wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:I have a suggestion for television broadcasters who are showing the final.

Because the Spanish national anthem, The Marcha Real, has no words. The tv companies could play Rihanna's 'Birthday Cake' without any continuity problems.

Then afterward when Ballotelli and Fabregas are telling the stadium that it's ok to be queer, the tv translator could just read an advert and charge companies to have their product endoursed by a player right before kickoff.

lol! Good lord this is feckin' genius!

Could only be Glen..

How dare you Twisted Evil

I am Balls Grayson, Red of The Dickbloods and I DEMAND an apology Grr

Maybe YOU'RE Glenn. Did you think of that?

lol! By balls of gaylord, I didn't think of that.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
debaser wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Italia began the tournament at 15. Now the odds shortened to 2.1 Biggrin

I got them at 14-1. We're the BEST, Puro cheers

Fuck you Debbie! I don't believe you backed Italia too! Oh now you also backed Balotelli at 51! Biggrin <Ale>

Why so hostile? Sad I not really much of a gambler, but I put 5 EW each on France and Italy at 10-1 and 14-1 respectively. I am not going to win much, but at least I win something cheers

I did not bet on goalscorers - too much of a lottery for me (what happens if it is a draw with all players on 3 goals - do you still win?). Certainly wouldn't have picked Balotelli. Wasn't even sure he was starting. If you are set to win $5000 on him, congratulations Ale

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm

I have him on ignore now as well Messiah,his aggressive posting style gets tedious.
Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
Supports : Italy, Spain
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 pm

debaser wrote: I not really much of a gambler, but I put 5 EW each on France and Italy at 10-1 and 14-1 respectively. I am not going to win much, but at least I win something cheers

You're going to win 17.50.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:03 pm

worms. wrote:I have him on ignore now as well Messiah,his aggressive posting style gets tedious.

lol!

You'll be banned soon, sweetheart.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Spain must be wishing they had gone for the 2-2 with Croatia now Biggrin
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Balls Grayson wrote:
debaser wrote: I not really much of a gambler, but I put 5 EW each on France and Italy at 10-1 and 14-1 respectively. I am not going to win much, but at least I win something cheers

More than I've ever won before cheers
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:10 pm

The beauty of the internet is that I can now tell you all I put $200 on Spain to win a treble of internationl tournaments by 2012 the day after they lost to England in the Euros back in 1996.Those odds of 30,000 to 1 are now just 2.5 to 1.

Im sure you will join me in congratulating me on being the sole person on Earth to have forecast these sequence of events.
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:10 pm

debaser wrote:
Balls Grayson wrote:

More than I've ever won before cheers

I've found more than that before.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(Espaa)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 pm

In betting it's not the money which makes me happy,it's the winning.
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:25 pm

YOU MAD BRO? king
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 am

fcb wrote:Spain must be wishing they had gone for the 2-2 with Croatia now Biggrin

Italy should send Don Vicente a box of really nice biscotti. Ale
Balls Grayson

Post by Balls Grayson on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 am

Sliding doors.

Spain 2-2 Croatia

would mean

England 1-0 Croatia

England 2-0 Germany

England 3-0 Spain

Which would be bitter-sweet for Debaser.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:08 am

fcb wrote:Will Italy stll consider a 3-5-2 or is that option ruled out because of their injuries?

No injury issues, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci are all fit, and Maggio is back from suspension. But I don't think Italy will play 3-5-2 anymore, in-fact they played that formation due to an injury (to Barzagli).

But I do believe, inspite of his troubles today, Italy will play Chiellini at LB. Which means either of Balzaretti/Maggio/Abate at RB. IMO if Abate is fit, he will play RB. Else it will be Balzaretti again. Prandelli won't risk the defensively fragile Maggio until the 2nd half.

IMO it will be exactly the same team starting as today:

Balotelli - Cassano
Montolivo
Marchisio - Pirlo - De Rossi
Chiellini - Barzagli - Bonucci - Balzaretti
Buffon

The only change I see is Abate (if fit) for Balzaretti, and maybe Motta for Montolivo/Marchisio (if Prandelli thinks they are exhausted).
Murray

Number of posts : 10201
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:15 am

fcb wrote:Spain must be wishing they had gone for the 2-2 with Croatia now

1-1 would have been enough to knock out Italy, they should have let Croatia score from that free kick in the last minute.

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:16 am

bluenine wrote:
fcb wrote:Will Italy stll consider a 3-5-2 or is that option ruled out because of their injuries?

No injury issues, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci are all fit, and Maggio is back from suspension. But I don't think Italy will play 3-5-2 anymore, in-fact they played that formation due to an injury (to Barzagli).

But I do believe, inspite of his troubles today, Italy will play Chiellini at LB. Which means either of Balzaretti/Maggio/Abate at RB. IMO if Abate is fit, he will play RB. Else it will be Balzaretti again. Prandelli won't risk the defensively fragile Maggio until the 2nd half.

Balotelli - Cassano
Montolivo
Buffon

The only change I see is Abate (if fit) for Balzaretti, and maybe Motta for Montolivo/Marchisio (if Prandelli thinks they are exhausted).
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:27 am

worms. wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Balotelli - Cassano
Montolivo
Buffon

I meant "no injury issues" in answer to the question (to rule out the 3-5-2). Abate is not the wing back for 3-5-2, Maggio is.

Some of us actually think before we post, worms Razz
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:29 am

Murray wrote:
fcb wrote:Spain must be wishing they had gone for the 2-2 with Croatia now

1-1 would have been enough to knock out Italy, they should have let Croatia score from that free kick in the last minute.

And what if Croatia had score another in the next 30 seconds? Spain did what they had to do.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:00 am

Che ha il nome di una ragazza e capelli lunghi, ma Andrea Pirlo piuttosto meraviglioso. Quindi voter a favore anche l'Italia contro la Spagna. Forza Italia!
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 am

Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:Spain must be wishing they had gone for the 2-2 with Croatia now Biggrin

Italy should send Don Vicente a box of really nice biscotti. Ale

Maybe they should wait until after they have beaten Spain Razz
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:01 am

Did you notice yesterday Buffon raging and storming out to the locker room just after the final whistle looking like he was utterly horribly pissed at the whole universe?

Did catch his interview this morning
http://video.gazzetta.it/portiere-il-calcio-gioco-ma-una-semifinale-europeo-non-piu/0af5bedc-c174-11e1-80a3-1ebcbcf01605

Italian audio-only, rough translation:

"I do not celebrate for reaching 2nd place, and then I was angry because we could've avoided last 5 minutes of suffering since we had the chance for that, and when you play a Euro semifinal with Germany, if you have the chance to score 7 you got to net them, because if they made 2-2 the match would've ended 10-2 for them in extra time.
We must be more mature, and more conscious of the fact that football is a game, but when you get to an Euro semifinal it is not a game anymore."

I say just bring this spirit on the final cheers

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:23 am

Guess which country's flag was on Montolivo's boot yesterday??

Apparently that was a show of respect to his mother who is German.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 am

abundance wrote:Did you notice yesterday Buffon raging and storming out to the locker room just after the final whistle looking like he was utterly horribly pissed at the whole universe?

http://video.gazzetta.it/portiere-il-calcio-gioco-ma-una-semifinale-europeo-non-piu/0af5bedc-c174-11e1-80a3-1ebcbcf01605

"I do not celebrate for reaching 2nd place, and then I was angry because we could've avoided last 5 minutes of suffering since we had the chance for that, and when you play a Euro semifinal with Germany, if you have the chance to score 7 you got to net them, because if they made 2-2 the match would've ended 10-2 for them in extra time.
We must be more mature, and more conscious of the fact that football is a game, but when you get to an Euro semifinal it is not a game anymore."

yeah, I read that interview at football-italia(?), awesome attitude.

How things have changed. I remember a Buffon interview 2 years ago, where he had said that if Italy with this new set of players make it out of that qualification group, it will be cause for celebration.

Prandelli & his team have done so well. Just one more game. Lets hope its not a repeat of Eruo 2000.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 am

The Portuguese referee who took charge of the Champions League final this year (as well as England-Italy) gets the Euro 2012 final.
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 pm

abundance wrote:Did you notice yesterday Buffon raging and storming out to the locker room just after the final whistle looking like he was utterly horribly pissed at the whole universe?

Mad

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Disco Benny wrote:The beauty of the internet is that I can now tell you all I put $200 on Spain to win a treble of internationl tournaments by 2012 the day after they lost to England in the Euros back in 1996.Those odds of 30,000 to 1 are now just 2.5 to 1.

Im sure you will join me in congratulating me on being the sole person on Earth to have forecast these sequence of events.

Suspect

You're not the sole person that did that, I also made that bet in 1996

worms.

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Just realized the 2 best leagues in the world have their nation in the final. Coincidence?
the real white worm

Number of posts : 393
Favourite Player : BALE, the real white pele
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:37 pm

only 4 dpl players in the final lol! best league in the world!
the real white worm

Number of posts : 393
Favourite Player : BALE, the real white pele
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:39 pm

also the 2 best keepers in the world in the final (even though jamie carragher said joe hart was better than buffon lol! )

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:02 pm

3 worms on a shirt wrote:only 4 dpl players in the final lol! best league in the world!

didn't you already get pwned once by abundance on this

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:19 am