Real Madrid CF 2012/13

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Real Madrid CF 2012/13

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:55 pm

President: Florentino Pérez Rodríguez

Manager: José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix

Trophies:

Ligas 1931-32, 1932-33, 1953-54, 1954-55, 1956-57, 1957-58, 1960-61, 1961-62, 1962-63, 1963-64, 1964-65, 1966-67, 1967-68, 1968-69, 1971-72, 1974-75, 1975-76, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1985-86, 1986-87, 1987-88, 1988-89, 1989-90, 1994-95, 1996-97, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2011-12

Copas del Rey 1904-05, 1905-06, 1906-07, 1907-08, 1916-17, 1933-34, 1935-36, 1945-46, 1946-47, 1961-62, 1969-70, 1973-74, 1974-75, 1979-80, 1981-82, 1988-89, 1992-93, 2010-11

Copas de Europa 1955-56, 1956-57, 1957-58, 1958-59, 1959-60, 1965-66, 1997-98, 1999-00, 2001-02

Supercopas de España 1988, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2008

Supercopas de Europa 2002

Copas Intercontinentales 1960, 1998, 2002

Current Squad:

Goalkeepers - Antonio Adán, Iker Casillas

Defenders - Raúl Albiol, Álvaro Arbeloa, Ricardo Carvalho, Fábio Coentrão, Marcelo, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Raphaël Varane

Midfielders - Xabi Alonso, Hamit Altintop, Lassana Diarra, Fernando Gago, Esteban Granero, Kaká, Sami Khedira, Mesut Özil, Nuri Şahin

Forwards - Karim Benzema, José María Callejón, Ángel Di María, Gonzalo Higuaín, Ronaldo
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Re: Real Madrid CF 2012/13

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:55 pm

PRESEASON BEGINS 23 JULY!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:29 am

DEL BOSQUE OUT!!!!! wrote:

Midfielders - Xabi Alonso, Hamit Altintop, Lassana Diarra, Fernando Gago, Esteban Granero, Kaká, Sami Khedira, Mesut Özil, Nuri Şahin

is it me or does this look very weak

i doubt that sahin will ever get a fair chance

you clearly need a modric or martinez
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 am

Bayern Munich want to sign Germany international Sami Khedira but Real Madrid will only entertain their advances if Bastian Schweinsteiger is allowed to move in the other direction, according to Spanish newspaper Sport.

Khedira, 25, moved to the Bernabeu from Stuttgart in 2010 and has been an integral player for Los Blancos since then, playing 42 games in all competitions as the club won the Primera Division title last season.

However, Bayern are reportedly ready to offer the midfielder the opportunity to play in an advanced role back, which he is believed to prefer over the defensively disciplined position he occupies for Real.

Sport reports that the Bavarians are desperate to bring Khedira back to Germany, but that Jose Mourinho is unwilling to let him leave unless Schweinsteiger is included in a part-exchange deal.

Mourinho is thought to be a long-time admirer of Schweinsteiger, and Real have been linked with a move for him several times in recent years.
If it is real we should take the money and buy a new Dm(not Modric!) because while I have always admired Khedira for Germany he has never really delivered for us at the same level.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Sell him, get M'Vila + Javi Martinez. No way they are giving Schweinsteiger to us or anyone.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Super Progress 2012 wrote:

Bayern Munich want to sign Germany international Sami Khedira but Real Madrid will only entertain their advances if Bastian Schweinsteiger is allowed to move in the other direction, according to Spanish newspaper Sport.

Khedira, 25, moved to the Bernabeu from Stuttgart in 2010 and has been an integral player for Los Blancos since then, playing 42 games in all competitions as the club won the Primera Division title last season.

However, Bayern are reportedly ready to offer the midfielder the opportunity to play in an advanced role back, which he is believed to prefer over the defensively disciplined position he occupies for Real.

Sport reports that the Bavarians are desperate to bring Khedira back to Germany, but that Jose Mourinho is unwilling to let him leave unless Schweinsteiger is included in a part-exchange deal.

Mourinho is thought to be a long-time admirer of Schweinsteiger, and Real have been linked with a move for him several times in recent years.
If it is real we should take the money and buy a new Dm(not Modric!) because while I have always admired Khedira for Germany he has never really delivered for us at the same level.

load of media crap
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:31 pm

I would offload Khedira in a heartbeat. Yes, he played very well in the Euros and impressed me BUT he still doesn't fit into a possession side IMO and I think even Germany (who he played well for) would be wise to heed this.

Javi Martinez would be my first choice to sign (although De Rossi would be my actual first choice were it at all realistic) but I'd love to sign Modric all the same. I think it would benefit Xabi very much to have a mid partner who can play slightly ahead of him in that massive gap we always have in the centre of our midfield between Xabi and Özil. IMO it is the main cause of our inability to maintain possession.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:44 pm

King Pipita wrote:I would offload Khedira in a heartbeat. Yes, he played very well in the Euros and impressed me BUT he still doesn't fit into a possession side IMO and I think even Germany (who he played well for) would be wise to heed this.

Javi Martinez would be my first choice to sign (although De Rossi would be my actual first choice were it at all realistic) but I'd love to sign Modric all the same. I think it would benefit Xabi very much to have a mid partner who can play slightly ahead of him in that massive gap we always have in the centre of our midfield between Xabi and Özil. IMO it is the main cause of our inability to maintain possession.
You're correct in a sense but depends on what you want the team to do. If you want to be better on the ball then Xabi needs another passer who the rest of the team is not afraid to give the ball to. At the moment all roads lead to Alonso and this makes us too predictable because that means the players wait until Alonso gets the ball before making running moves. De Rossi would be perfect in a sense because he can play as a Dm or Cm if needed and he is very good at playmaking considering his defensive skills. But I don't think Roma would let go of De Rossi.

However for a more progressive team I want somebody like Martinez who can be a real battler as well as his technique is decent enough plus he can venture forward a bit and he is tall. He might be more of what I wanted Khedira to be for us.
King Modric

Post by King Modric on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Super Progress 2012 wrote:
King Pipita wrote:I would offload Khedira in a heartbeat. Yes, he played very well in the Euros and impressed me BUT he still doesn't fit into a possession side IMO and I think even Germany (who he played well for) would be wise to heed this.

You're correct in a sense but depends on what you want the team to do. If you want to be better on the ball then Xabi needs another passer who the rest of the team is not afraid to give the ball to. At the moment all roads lead to Alonso and this makes us too predictable because that means the players wait until Alonso gets the ball before making running moves. De Rossi would be perfect in a sense because he can play as a Dm or Cm if needed and he is very good at playmaking considering his defensive skills. But I don't think Roma would let go of De Rossi.

However for a more progressive team I want somebody like Martinez who can be a real battler as well as his technique is decent enough plus he can venture forward a bit and he is tall. He might be more of what I wanted Khedira to be for us.

I like Javi Martinez a lot as well. For me, Javi Martinez is a better long run purchase but De Rossi is mature now and he has the right range of passing to be another Xabi. Plus, if Xabi were to go down, I would feel more secure with De Rossi. However, that is not realistic unfortunately.

Schweini would suit us very well also, better than Modric if you insist on being obsessed with progress. Perhaps Mou can use the pain of this year to convince him, something along the lines of "I will teach you how to overcome Xavi/Iniesta." Twisted Evil
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah Khedira can f*ck off for all I care.

Javi Martinez for me is still number one on my list. No way do I want Schweinsteiger. De Rossi would be ok although he is 29 already so if we sign him to a 4-5 year contract I don't know if he will still be any good at the end. I still am surprised that Jose does not think about Manuel Fernandes being Portuguese and all. He is like Javi Martinez in that he is athletic and strong but he can play as well and he is only 26.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Ander Iturraspe is going to be awesome too I think but he is too young for Jose (and Super).
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

France Football pide el Balón de Oro para Casillas

La revista 'France Football', publicación francesa que creó en 1956 el Balón de Oro, aseguró hoy que el capitán de la selección española, el guardameta Iker Casillas, "merecería" ese prestigioso galardón al mejor jugador del año.

"Por el conjunto de su obra, por su permanencia en la cumbre con la que España se casó en 2008, pero también por su tranquilizadora presencia, su personalidad, su influencia y su maestría, Casillas merecería, a fin de cuentas, un Balón de Oro", señala la revista en el especial dedicado a los mejores jugadores de la Eurocopa.

En todo el campeonato, el portero de La Roja solo encajó un gol (si contar la tanda de penaltis de la semifinal contra Portugal), en el primer partido de la fase de grupos, contra Italia.

Desde entonces y hasta que levantó la copa de campeón, el portero que pertenece "a la leyenda del fútbol" acumuló 509 minutos imbatido, cuajando "una final perfecta, con salidas aéreas, paradas de reflejos y gestos técnicos siempre seguros y agudos", agrega France Football, que recuerda que Casillas suma 137 encuentros con la selección, 100 victorias y 75 partidos con la portería a cero.

La revista, en su edición digital, ya evocó esa posibilidad ayer, al día siguiente de que España derrotase por 4-0 a Italia en la final de la Eurocopa y lograse la triple corona (Eurocopa-Mudial-Eurocopa), algo que no había conseguido ninguna selección en la historia.

"Los jugadores de la 'Nazionale' tuvieron, además, la mala suerte de topar con un 'San' Iker Casillas infranqueable (m. 27, m.28, m. 32 y m. 51). Vencedor de la Liga con el Real Madrid y capitán de los tres últimos torneos logrados por la selección, la última muralla de La Roja tendrá seguro algo que decir durante la próxima edición del Balón de Oro", escribía France Football tras el título logrado por España.

Desde 2010, el Balón de Oro se fusionó con el título de Mejor Jugador del Año que concedía la FIFA y su designación corresponde a los capitanes de las selecciones nacionales, los entrenadores de estas y a la prensa especializada.

El último galardonado fue el argentino del FC Barcelona Lionel Messi, que fue proclamado mejor jugador del mundo en 2009, 2010 y 2011.

Solo dos jugadores de nacionalidad española han recibido ese premio desde su creación, Alfredo Di Stéfano (Real Madrid) en 1959 y Luis Suárez (FC Barcelona) en 1960.

La revista destacó igualmente el trabajo del lateral zurdo de la campeona, Jordi Alba, que "dinamizó el juego de España", como el mejor en su puesto.

También el galardón al mejor central recayó en un español, Sergio Ramos, que enamoró a los periodistas de la prestigiosa revista por su "enorme" partido de semifinales, penalti a lo Panenka incluido, y por su llegada al área contraria.

En el centro del campo, Iniesta fue otro de los elegidos por 'France Football' en el olimpo de los mejores por su capacidad para ser "una inagotable fuente de inspiración para un equipo".

"Siempre transmite confianza, ofrece una buena solución y bonifica los balones que recibe", agrega sobre el albaceteño la publicación, que concede también una mención de honor a Xavi, que sigue siendo "mejor que muchos otros" aunque no haya alcanzado su mejor nivel.

El grupo de seis jugadores destacados por la revista lo completan dos italianos, Andrea Pirlo en el centro del campo, por su clase, su experiencia y su saber hacer, y Mario Balotelli, "genial en la semifinal" contra Alemania y "discreto en la final, pero siempre imprevisible", agregó la revista.

http://www.marca.com/2012/07/03/futbol/eurocopa_2012/espana/1341320345.html

cheers
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Crazy
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:28 pm

DEL BOSQUE OUT!!!!! wrote:Yeah Khedira can f*ck off for all I care.

Javi Martinez for me is still number one on my list. No way do I want Schweinsteiger. De Rossi would be ok although he is 29 already so if we sign him to a 4-5 year contract I don't know if he will still be any good at the end. I still am surprised that Jose does not think about Manuel Fernandes being Portuguese and all. He is like Javi Martinez in that he is athletic and strong but he can play as well and he is only 26.
If Fernandes wasn't so injury prone I would have him as the perfect candidate because he is the most complete midfielder I can think of. He is very athletic,strong,fast,tall plus he can pass very well, and shoot very well too. Mentally he can do it against any team. A real shame with his injuries.

I don't want Schweinsteiger either because he is a loser who can't lead his team. The same reason why I wouldn't take Cesc because this stuff matters to progress. We don't need German style losers. A younger Van Bommel wouldn't have been to shabby either.

My list of acceptable players:
Martinez
Vidal
De Rossi(not gonna happen)
Fernandes

Not acceptable:
Modric
And anybody of similar physique

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 pm

I think the Ballon D'or will go to one of Ronaldo,Pirlo,Casillas but I can't see anybody else getting it. If Italy had won it then Pirlo would have probably gotten it. As it is though I would still give to him for what he has done with Juventus this season and what he did with Italy. He truly is a unique player so I hope he gets rewarded for it even if I think this award is useless as it is.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Messi or Iniesta(doesn't deserve it, will win the golden ball, we all know this)
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Pipi Estrada saying that City and Madrid have a deal in place for David Silva (65m + Lass Diarra!). Of course this is Pipi so it's probably 100% fabricated. Laughing
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm

65m, Perez could have got him for 25m last year Rolling Eyes
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:10 am

Not sure how good Super's eyesight is but the headline on the bottom is "Morata, primer fichaje blanco" subtitled "Mourinho is trusting in the canterano to reinforce the team's attack". affraid

PROGRESS! Ale
King Modric

Post by King Modric on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:23 am

We don't need more forwards anyway, not when we also have Jese coming through the ranks and none of our forwards are old. We need to clear out our CM/DMs, and bring in a new CM, and perhaps a right back and another winger if we have the ca$$$$h.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:52 pm

I don't mind getting some nobody from the youth to fill the third striker position because it doesn't make sense to buy somebody for that role unless he is very cheap and offers us something special in attack like height and strength. In that case I wouldn't mind a new striker but I can scarcely think of any that fit the description that would be willing to sit on the bench. A new Dm and we're fine and a new Am if Kaka leaves as well.

The biggest danger is if we go buy somebody Modric or Silva. It would ruin the entire plan.

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Surely you can admit that Modric or Silva would be a huge improvement over Kaka?
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Do you think Madrid/Mourinho would be interested in Moutinho?

Seems to be the kind of strong but creative midfielder that would float Jose's boat. How he would fit into the Madrid team is of course a completely seperate question, one which I cannot answer, but perhaps the Castillejos - Cuatro Caminos connection can?

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:15 pm

DEL BOSQUE OUT!!!!! wrote:Surely you can admit that Modric or Silva would be a huge improvement over Kaka?

Silly anti-progressive

Of course they are but that doesn't mean I would prefer to have Modric/Silva to Kaka. If this is the alternative I would keep the status quo without a doubt. Neither of them fit in the team at the moment although Modric more so then Silva would fit in. But both would automatically disrupt the unity and style of the team. Silva would force Mourinho to switch players around and it would certainly hurt Di Maria and Callejon. Modric could work because in a way he is like a new Alonso. I mean not just his style but that he has learned to play defence in England which is a great advantage to have because the type of midfielders that Spain produces normally can't play rough. If Modric was as tall and strong as Alonso he would be perfect. In this sense he is better than Nuri Sahin as well.

On Moutinho I would say almost the same as with Modric. He was very impressive defensively at the Euro's and I didn't know he had it in him. If we have to go somebody small then Modric or Moutinho(the cheap version) wouldn't be bad especially if we can play a 3 man midfield more often with Alonso-Khedira-Modric/Moutinho.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Stop hedging your bets Laughing
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 pm

fcb wrote:Stop hedging your bets Laughing

I tried betting on Bwin and I always went for the big risky bet. After a year it was mostly losses

I have learned my lesson

Progress 2012/2013 <Ale>
King Modric

Post by King Modric on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:15 pm

If starting Khedira or any other facking runner is progress then fuck progress! I would prefer Javi Martinez for his size and skill combination and potential but I'd gladly sign either or both of Modric and Silva. I think Silva is a great player and he can work more centrally or out on the wings when Di Maria is having one of his spells when he can't beat his man (like the final third of the season basically). I've said it before, but the way we are currently constituted, we are far too dependent on Ronaldo or Di Maria dribbling the defender out wide and this almost never happens.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Do you think Madrid/Mourinho would be interested in Moutinho?

Seems to be the kind of strong but creative midfielder that would float Jose's boat. How he would fit into the Madrid team is of course a completely seperate question, one which I cannot answer, but perhaps the Castillejos - Cuatro Caminos connection can?

Castillejos-Cuatro Caminos is sh!t for football news. You really gotta get on the Moncloa-Chamartin tip. ok

I am kind of surprised we haven't been linked with him. Like Super I was quite impressed with his all around game at the euros, does a lot more defensive work than i would have thought. And he is portuguese after all. Maybe he's not one of Jorge Mendes' boys...

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:21 pm

King Pipita wrote:If starting Khedira or any other facking runner is progress then fuck progress! I would prefer Javi Martinez for his size and skill combination and potential but I'd gladly sign either or both of Modric and Silva. I think Silva is a great player and he can work more centrally or out on the wings when Di Maria is having one of his spells when he can't beat his man (like the final third of the season basically). I've said it before, but the way we are currently constituted, we are far too dependent on Ronaldo or Di Maria dribbling the defender out wide and this almost never happens.

cheers

KP on board with Team F*ck Progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:36 pm

He always was along with Cristiano(poster). Then we have Fade, Torrente, TM who are more reasonable. I think it is a bit naive to think we can have Modric,Alonso,Khedira,Sahin competing for 2 places and Silva,Ozil,Di Maria competing for 2 places. Why would Silva go from a secure place in a great team that is PROGRESSING to a team in the same position to fight for places? It makes no sense at all.

Not to mention that having so many big players mean Mourinho is stiffled in terms of tactical flexibility. Suppose there is a game where we need to play with a 3 man midfield. Then we would have Ronaldo,Ozil,Di Maria,Silva competing for 2 places. Having positions in the team we can change when needed is good.

Facking runners! <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 am