Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Real Madrid CF 2012/13

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:04 pm

An 8 million euro clause to buy Sahin in the loan contract affraid

You guys must really not want him.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh back from holidays just in time to see the 1-1 score against Valencia.

PROGRESS!!!!!

cheers

Just kidding, I haven't even seen the match yet. But here is to a season of ANTI-PROGRESS! Ale Biggrin
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Just seen that Man Utd want Kaka on loan. I would give them that virus...
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 pm

If we didn't want to pay so much for Javi Martinez we really should have thought about Fellaini. What a beast. Another example of a great combination of football and progress. Ale
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Jaime wrote:If we didn't want to pay so much for Javi Martinez we really should have thought about Fellaini. What a beast. Another example of a great combination of football and progress. Ale
<Ale>

NeoChap

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Post by NeoChap on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am

I like Fellaini a lot, and some of his control yesterday was lovely, but I can see why he hasn't been chased too much (compared to, say, Rodwell). He'd be an odd choice as a forward for a CL club, and probably still too foul-happy to play deep in midfield. It'd be a shame to see him reduced to being a plan-B benchwarmer.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:12 pm

NeoChap wrote:I like Fellaini a lot, and some of his control yesterday was lovely, but I can see why he hasn't been chased too much (compared to, say, Rodwell). He'd be an odd choice as a forward for a CL club, and probably still too foul-happy to play deep in midfield. It'd be a shame to see him reduced to being a plan-B benchwarmer.
Odd also means he is difficult to play against, as he has a rare combination of physical and technical skills. I could see him playing alongside somebody like Xabi Alonso, but when playing deeper probably he would be best in 4-3-3 playing role of CM" runner", alongside passer, with a DM behind him. But it would be quite negative for team like Real, when 90% of time you have to attack much weaker opponent.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 pm

stinger wrote:
NeoChap wrote:I like Fellaini a lot, and some of his control yesterday was lovely, but I can see why he hasn't been chased too much (compared to, say, Rodwell). He'd be an odd choice as a forward for a CL club, and probably still too foul-happy to play deep in midfield. It'd be a shame to see him reduced to being a plan-B benchwarmer.
Odd also means he is difficult to play against, as he has a rare combination of physical and technical skills. I could see him playing alongside somebody like Xabi Alonso, but when playing deeper probably he would be best in 4-3-3 playing role of CM" runner", alongside passer, with a DM behind him. But it would be quite negative for team like Real, when 90% of time you have to attack much weaker opponent.
You're probably right but I like his style quite a bit. He is very symbolic of the style Everton which I appreciate. The combination of strength,directness but always with an alternative of neat passes and exchanges.

stinger

Post by stinger on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
stinger wrote:
You're probably right but I like his style quite a bit. He is very symbolic of the style Everton which I appreciate. The combination of strength,directn Ale ess but always with an alternative of neat passes and exchanges.
Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Pepe out of the super cup. Curiously we've never beaten Barcelona without him (since he signed). PROGRESS! of course we've lost plenty with him as well

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Carvalho going on loan to QPR according to BBC.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Sounds like the Sahin deal is about to go through: one year loan with a 17m euro option to buy at the end of the season.

From there the rumour is that Modric will be presented on Monday. bounce
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil

Post by Romford Pele on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 pm

I pray to God it does, this is taking awfully long to go through.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Uggghh. No
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Quicker ratface is pictured stood next Mourinho the better. This is now more boring than Cesc to Barcelona 2011
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 pm

I wanted Sahin. Hate Wenger. The deal Jaime & I came up with made so much sense.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm

I know it's been a long time but why the fuck did we sell Carvajal when there was no intention of buying cover for Arbeloa.

On the other hand I'm very eager to see how the team does after such a quiet summer in terms of signings. Since this summer's moto is Modric or nothing. There's two way to look at it, either if ur bieng positive this will help the players grow as a team because its the same group of players or if ur bieng negative the team's deficiencies have not been rectified and smart teams will be better prepared tactically against them. I'm a bit of both to be honest.

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:I wanted Sahin. Hate Wenger. The deal Jaime & I came up with made so much sense.

I am sorry it didn't work out, I'd rather him go to you than Arsenal. Ale

Cristiano wrote:I know it's been a long time but why the fuck did we sell Carvajal when there was no intention of buying cover for Arbeloa.

On the other hand I'm very eager to see how the team does after such a quiet summer in terms of signings. Since this summer's moto is Modric or nothing. There's two way to look at it, either if ur bieng positive this will help the players grow as a team because its the same group of players or if ur bieng negative the team's deficiencies have not been rectified and smart teams will be better prepared tactically against them. I'm a bit of both to be honest.

I think in the end, from what I have read, if we had been able to move Lass then Carvajal would have stayed. As it is, Lass is holding out so he can leave for free next summer, choose his destination, and get a big fat pay day. The club actually does rate Carvajal and as such they didn't want him to go to another la liga team (Valencia and Sevilla both made approaches). So they've sent him to the Bundesliga with a buy back clause and I think if he does well then he has a good chance to come back.

I think it is great that we have not brought in 5-6 signings this summer. We won the league, reached the semifinals of the CL - we are to a point where we do not have to continue a massive overhaul of the squad. Even if I would have liked to see a few more departures (notably Kaka and the aforementioned Lassana f*cking Diarra) we have gotten rid of a lot of sh!t and the squad is more or less settled. We have continuity with the manager and if we do sign Modric we will have added quality in the one position I believe we are still relatively weak.

Plus Morata is being promoted to the first team! cheers
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Only at Madrid do we ship out a younger, better player for 14m (buy out clause?) and then use 40m on Modric. Sigh. What next? Lasagna Diarra out for 1m, Poulsen in for 4m?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Fade out wrote:Only at Madrid do we ship out a younger, better player for 14m (buy out clause?) and then use 40m on Modric. Sigh. What next? Lasagna Diarra out for 1m, Poulsen in for 4m?

That would probably be an equal swap.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:I wanted Sahin. Hate Wenger. The deal Jaime & I came up with made so much sense.

So did I. However, a rather nerdy Arsenal friend of mine claimed that Sahin had by far the worst stats in Germany for players who allowed opposing players dribble past them, and why he is a little cautious about celebrating his signing.

This would fit the general theory as to why Mourinho doesn't rate him. And also, he is Turkish, who - like the Russians - have a glittering history of producing technical footballers who lack the work ethic to become truly successful in European football.

That's the thing about Modric - he works extremely hard off the ball. Madrid fans like Fadey who don't rate him, I would imagine they will see quite soon how tenacious a player he is and thus why he was so highly rated at Spurs. Having talent is one thing, but still fighting for the team when struggling to apply it is another. It's not hard to see this is why Mourinho is so keen to sign him.

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

So did I. However, a rather nerdy Arsenal friend of mine claimed that Sahin had by far the worst stats in Germany for players who allowed opposing players dribble past them, and why he is a little cautious about celebrating his signing.

This would fit the general theory as to why Mourinho doesn't rate him. And also, he is Turkish, who - like the Russians - have a glittering history of producing technical footballers who lack the work ethic to become truly successful in European football.

That's the thing about Modric - he works extremely hard off the ball. Madrid fans like Fadey who don't rate him, I would imagine they will see quite soon how tenacious a player he is and thus why he was so highly rated at Spurs. Having talent is one thing, but still fighting for the team when struggling to apply it is another. It's not hard to see this is why Mourinho is so keen to sign him.

This. Ale

stinger

Post by stinger on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:09 am

Disco Benny wrote:

Some good points here <Ale>
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Sahin/Turks not tenacious enough, that's a gem, Bernd. As I said, 130 odd minutes is all Spanish league followers got to see, to judge him. Why he was treated this way is well known, Maureen's rigid ideas + injury issues.

Prior to that, he was by far my favorite midfielder, in German league.

Klopp had trouble replacing him. As talented Gundagon is, even he's not quite there yet, Only a combination of Hummels and Kagawa help bridge the loss. He's a phenomenal talent.

I hope this move breaks down, we keep him! Genius footballer.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Squad for the first leg of the Supercopa tonight:

CONVOCATORIA

Porteros: Casillas, Adán y Jesús
Defensas: Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Coentrão, Albiol, Arbeloa, Varane y Nacho
Centrocampistas: Özil, Xabi Alonso, Granero, Khedira, Lass, Callejón y Di María
Delanteros: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuaín y Morata

Fuera por lesión: Pepe
Fuera por decisión técnica: Kaká, Sahin, y Carvalho bounce
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Now apparently Sahin's agent has been spotted at Anfield. Crazy

Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Nobody has a clue what's going on because according to SSN Germany, he's passed a medical at Arsenal Suspect
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Sid Lowe thinks he will sign for Arsenal because the player really doesn't want to go to Liverpool.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Ooooooh!

Ex-la masia Iago Falque says that Modric is just as good as Xavi or Iniesta! cheers
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Jaime wrote:Sid Lowe thinks he will sign for Arsenal because the player really doesn't want to go to Liverpool.

Sid Lowe
‏@sidlowe
Sahin: He wants to go to Arsenal. Mou doesnt want him but also reluctant to lose permanently and/or to a CL club, would rather diff destination. 8 mins ago.
#freeSahin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:58 pm