Real Madrid CF 2012/13

S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Real Madrid CF 2012/13

Post by S4P on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Madrid will never get the better of Barcelona unless there are more act of god interventions, such as volcanoes, injuries to key players and cancer.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:24 pm

S4P wrote:Madrid will never get the better of Barcelona unless there are more act of god interventions, such as volcanoes, injuries to key players and cancer.

And don't forget referee conspiracy theories!
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:41 pm

S4P wrote:Madrid will never get the better of Barcelona unless there are more act of god interventions, such as volcanoes, injuries to key players and cancer.

Exactly
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 am

Marca claiming there are two doubts for Jose tomorrow:

-------------------D. Lopez

Arbeloa-----S. Ramos-----Pepe/Varane-----Coentrao

-------------Khedira------Alonso

Di Maria------------Ozil----------------Ronaldo

--------------Benzema/Higuain

bounce
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 pm

We are wearing the green kit tonight. Doh
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Laughing
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Modric tonight <Ale>

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:08 am

Modric scoring made me smile and feel all warm inside.

Congrats fellow whitebloods cheers Ale
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 am

He showed what he could offer us tonight when we needed it the most. This could be the game that changes his fortune with us. He and his national team coach have been saying that he has finally acclimated to the tempo in Spain. As I said in the game thread it is obvious now that we have a problem with Khedira in big games like this when Alonso is marked and Ronaldo is out as well. Especially because he plays in the same side as Arbeloa who didn't offer much going forward. But this was the same problem from against Bayern where we clearly lost the battle in midfield because Khedira couldn't hold on to the ball and barely distribute it fast enough. He shouldn't be dropped or anything but Modric is clearly a alternative now that should be considered. If Modric had played well earlier in the season I think Mourinho would have tried Alonso+Modric more but now I think he is an option for the big game.

Also clearly we can't suffer another home game where we don't take a win even though we should have won the first game by at least a goal.

Thought Varane again played very well. He cost a mistake at the goal but the good thing is that it is the type of mistake he won't make again. Everything else he did great but hopefully he remembers that we don't always have to have the ball. Diego Lopez was huge for us and given the praise he got in the interview I saw you could almost imagine him sticking with Lopez if he takes us through to the semi. Now Mourinho might have a real challenge to Casillas.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 am

I think with Khedira there is a time and a place for him but clearly in a game like this where we need to take the initiative, it certainly the starting XI. You could see he didn't have a clue what to do with the ball when he got it especially with Alonso being marked closely. I was reading on SuperDeporte or somewhere that Khedira to Varane was the most frequent pass of the first half!

But Ozil was poor, Di Maria was poor. Ronaldo was largely anonymous up until the sending off. The only attacking player that played well was Higuain imo. Tremendous work rate and worked himself some good chances mostly due to his own running and fighting even though there was almost no service to him. Great cross for the second goal as well. He'd put a cross in a bit before that in a similar position but nobody was running on to it.

Modric was very good. His goal would have gone in against 10 or 11. But he was buzzing all over the pitch tonight and was even doing a bit of the dirty work when we lost the ball. Hopefully a performance like this will go a long way to Jose trusting him to start the next match of similar conditions.

Kaka - useless as ever.

But Super is right, the big problem with tonight was that we should have played much better in the first leg. Even 2-1 which isn't a great lead in a cup tie it would have forced United to have to go and look for a goal. As it was, the 1-1 allowed SAF to put his team back and wait for the counter which they had done superbly. If we are all honest they did not look like conceding at all until they went down to 10.

But hopefully we can learn the lessons and play much better in the 1/4 finals.
Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 am

Madrid fans must surely be praising Lopez? He kept you in that game with some top saves in the 2nd half.

Modric was brilliant, need to find a way to stop Alonso being marked out of the game.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:40 am

I said in the match thread that he was really bailing us out on a number of occasions. Very good performance overall. A couple of miscues (one really poor clearance straight down the middle of the pitch, missing the ball on that one cross and punching Vidic in the face instead) but he wasn't punished and he made a number of very big saves. I feel bad that Adan has been f*cked in all of this but there is no way he would have come up with the type of performance Diego Lopez gave.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 am

3 games in a week against Barcelona and Man Utd (2 away from home): 3 wins.

PROGRESS Ale
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:39 am

CRISIS!
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 am

Before I work myself into a fury at the bitterness of the odious, despised, deluded Anglo media,

CONGRATS BOYS!!!!

or should I say, more appropriately

THANK YOU

There are two phrases that come to mind in the light of last night, one being

¿Por qué no te callas?

and the other being

WINNING, WINNING, WINNING, WINNING, WINNING

cheers Ale Bubbly Blush Jacko
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Jaime wrote:I think with Khedira there is a time and a place for him but clearly in a game like this where we need to take the initiative, it certainly the starting XI. You could see he didn't have a clue what to do with the ball when he got it especially with Alonso being marked closely. I was reading on SuperDeporte or somewhere that Khedira to Varane was the most frequent pass of the first half!

But Ozil was poor, Di Maria was poor. Ronaldo was largely anonymous up until the sending off. The only attacking player that played well was Higuain imo. Tremendous work rate and worked himself some good chances mostly due to his own running and fighting even though there was almost no service to him. Great cross for the second goal as well. He'd put a cross in a bit before that in a similar position but nobody was running on to it.

Modric was very good. His goal would have gone in against 10 or 11. But he was buzzing all over the pitch tonight and was even doing a bit of the dirty work when we lost the ball. Hopefully a performance like this will go a long way to Jose trusting him to start the next match of similar conditions.

Kaka - useless as ever.

But Super is right, the big problem with tonight was that we should have played much better in the first leg. Even 2-1 which isn't a great lead in a cup tie it would have forced United to have to go and look for a goal. As it was, the 1-1 allowed SAF to put his team back and wait for the counter which they had done superbly. If we are all honest they did not look like conceding at all until they went down to 10.

But hopefully we can learn the lessons and play much better in the 1/4 finals.
It is so obvious that teams have figured out that Khedira should be allowed to have the ball. Not Khedira's fault because this just wasn't the game for him. Mourinho must have noticed this by now but if he didn't then the media are now reminding him that Modric is the solution to teams that defend deep.

Thought Higuain performed a similar role to that against Barcelona. He worked well for the team and our trademark move with a pass in behind on the right for Higuain who crosses low for the on coming Ronaldo was dangerous again. It only took a second try before it gave us a goal. Surely Higuain has now captured that position in the team regardless of who the opposition is.

1 & 2) Ball is circulated to Di María; 3) He cuts inside; 4) Higuaín runs; 5) Ronaldo exploits

Our two game plans if we persist with Khedira should be the one above and Di Maria switched to the left to cross for Ronaldo on the far right. We have a big advantage in having a winger who is great on the head and fast+strong as well. This works both for low crosses and high ones against opposing fullbacks that tend to be smaller or strong and slow. Either way Ronaldo has an advantage. We didn't see enough Di Maria on the left or just enough crosses in general by Coentrao.

Chris 23* wrote:Madrid fans must surely be praising Lopez? He kept you in that game with some top saves in the 2nd half.

Modric was brilliant, need to find a way to stop Alonso being marked out of the game.
No doubt that Lopez gets big praise as one of the few high performing players for us along with Varane+Higuain. To be fair Ramos played fine and I don't know that he could have done much for the own goal because it was deflected on a United player before it hit Ramos.

S4P wrote:3 games in a week against Barcelona and Man Utd (2 away from home): 3 wins.

PROGRESS Ale
PROGRESS <Ale>

Now that we are through I'm wondering which sides would fit us the best.

Juventus,Bayern,Dortmund,PSG/Valencia,Milan/Barcelona,Schalke, Malaga/Porto

Of the big teams I would much like Juventus. Great side of course but they want to play the ball and there is space behind on the left for Ronaldo and they will allow us to counter. In contrast both Bayern/Dortmund would be more difficult just by the mere fact that we tend to do as badly against Germans as Germany does against Italy. Would prefer Bayern to Dortmund in terms of style even if Bayern is stronger and we are yet to see how Dortmund reacts in a big game at this level. Milan would be a problem as well while I'm more comfortable with any one of PSG/Schalke/Malaga/Porto.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

My assumption is that Juve, PSG, Milan would all rather play on the counter. Maybe that is a bad assumption based on the stereotype of Italian style football. But I would not be surprised if they were to take an approach similar to Man Utd yesterday in a match against us. My sense is that the German sides would be more enterprising and more likely to play an open game which plays to the strengths of the side that Jose has put together. Malaga too would be more inclined to try and take the game to us. Porto, I'm not sure. They were quite attack minded in the first leg against Malaga but maybe in that match up they feel like the favourite. Against a team like Real Madrid maybe they would take a different approach.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:56 pm

The Germans are not as enterprising as they are controlling as are juve, the game moves in a way they want it to, and that's a even bigger issue for Madrid than teams setting back and giving them the ball.

Milan is a none starter, Madrid will beat them,
Psg will counter, but Madrid will beat them as well.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

I don't know what you mean by controlling. Last year when we played Bayern they took the game to us both in Munich and for most of the 2nd leg in Madrid. This allowed Jose to play on the counter which is what he wants. You could even see how desperately he was hoping after the first leg that Fergie would really go for it yesterday, hence all of his comments about "because of their tradition I don't think Man Utd will try to defend" in the post match press conference after the first leg.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Jaime wrote:I don't know what you mean by controlling. Last year when we played Bayern they took the game to us both in Munich and for most of the 2nd leg in Madrid. This allowed Jose to play on the counter which is what he wants.

That Bayenr and this Bayern are different, the Germans teams control the pace of the game due to their superior midfield to anyone in Europe, along with juve.

If they want to push they push, want to take the pace out they do that has well, they are basically what barca use to be under pep. And we all know how those game went.

They don't just go out and attack, Madrid would beat that everyday. That's all they know how to do. They control the flow of the game.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Bayern this year are different to last year indeed, but they still are a possession team, a pro-active team. So in principle, they should suit Real Madrid more than others, but messiah is right when he says that this Bayern side are not the one-tempo, one playstyle Bayern anymore. They are extremely dangerous on the counter, too, nowadays - no team in the league has scored more goals on the counter than Bayern this season, despite most teams parking the bus against them. Bayern's biggest plus is their defence / defending as a team, they are very difficult to break down. Not to mention that Lahm loves to play against Ronaldo and probably has the best record of all fullbacks against him.

Besides the already mentioned teams, I could see Milan frustrating Real also, should they manage to advance which is likely. If they show a similar kind of discipline as they showed in the Barcelona match, their quick attacking players could do some serious damage. Real are an awesome counter attacking machine, but ironically, their defence is vulnerable to quick, well executed counters, too.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Teams are only now realize that Madrid can't break down packed defenses, I find it funny because it was always the thinking of the day that barca can't when in reality their was no team better at it than us, given the fact that its all we play against, both crap teams and good ones and we lose 1 in 20, but people need something to hold on to I guess.

Let's see how Madrid can deal with it, because most teams aren't good enough to try and dictate the game against them so that will be the default tactic.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:32 pm

messiah wrote:Teams are only now realize that Madrid can't break down packed defenses, I find it funny because it was always the thinking of the day that barca can't when in reality their was no team better at it than us, given the fact that its all we play against, both crap teams and good ones and we lose 1 in 20, but people need something to hold on to I guess.

Let's see how Madrid can deal with it, because most teams aren't good enough to try and dictate the game against them so that will be the default tactic.

I find it funny how you take every discussion on the message board and turn into an opportunity to say how great Farça are! lol!
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:Teams are only now realize that Madrid can't break down packed defenses, I find it funny because it was always the thinking of the day that barca can't when in reality their was no team better at it than us, given the fact that its all we play against, both crap teams and good ones and we lose 1 in 20, but people need something to hold on to I guess.

I find it funny how you take every discussion on the message board and turn into an opportunity to say how great Farça are! lol!

Don't forget pep.

Just like to highlight how wrong and fickle people on here are.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 pm

I should say 'how great Farça were.

And yeah, Pep too.

Wink
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Jaime wrote:My assumption is that Juve, PSG, Milan would all rather play on the counter. Maybe that is a bad assumption based on the stereotype of Italian style football. But I would not be surprised if they were to take an approach similar to Man Utd yesterday in a match against us. My sense is that the German sides would be more enterprising and more likely to play an open game which plays to the strengths of the side that Jose has put together. Malaga too would be more inclined to try and take the game to us. Porto, I'm not sure. They were quite attack minded in the first leg against Malaga but maybe in that match up they feel like the favourite. Against a team like Real Madrid maybe they would take a different approach.
Juventus prefer to have the ball and control things which I'm fine with while Bayern have overtaken the role Milan used to have in Europe of being the best balanced side out there being able to defend,attack and counter if needed.
But while Juventus is a great side we are at our best when the other side has the ball more and Mourinho knows that.
The advantage with Juventus is also that they play with wing backs which means our fullback can match them and we don't need Ronaldo tracking back while also having space on the left to run into. Tactically we match up well with them all things being equal.

Malaga and the loser Pellegrini would be perfect as well. Porto are more experienced but my feeling with them is also that they prefer to go at it so I would be very happy with them too.

Milan showed what they are capable of by completely nullifying Barcelona without any seeming problems. They are also willing to sit as much back as needed. However we are more of a fighting team so it might just get more scrappy if we played them. But I don't fear the Italians as much as I do the Germans.

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:03 pm

I think the ideal would be to draw the winner of Malaga/Porto or Schalke/Galatasaray.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Jaime wrote:

<Ale>
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Laudrup has extended his contract with Swansea through the year 2015. I'm guessing there is now a clause that will require a hefty fee to be paid in order to release if a big club comes round wanting to snatch him from the welsh.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Well that Spanish c**t Perez better pay up. Either that or choose somebody Madrid can chase out of town after a year so Laudrup can arrive unhinged.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:54 am