Bundesliga 2013

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Bundesliga 2013

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:08 pm

"Holtby ...Holtby immer besser geworden in der 2. Halbzeit."

IT'S THE JEW GOLD I'M TELLING YA. Makes you run faster and pass better...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Holtby kills the match. 5-3.

Holtby MOTM replaced by Raffael.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Blut, what's going on down at Werder these days?

They are very shite, shame Spurs are lucky that they have no competition for 4th place this year. Otherwise it would have been a very fine BB-year.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm

They'd still walk over Feyenoord and your favourite smurf....
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 pm

lol! fucking hell....what a goal by Diouf... 5-4! Brilliant bicycle kick!

Bundesliga Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 pm

5-4 FT

Truly great second half after a boring first one. 9 goals, quite a few great ones, too, good moves. Hope to see more tomorrow.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Here are the quotes from Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt on the topic of Lewis Holtby's possible January transfer to Tottenham:

“We are in talks about a move in this transfer period, but there is no agreement,” he told Sky Sport Deutschland before Schalke’s game with Hannover.

“Tottenham contacted us because they want Lewis now. We will decide in the coming days.”

http://www.goal.com/en/live-update/1347/football-transfer-window-live
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Great match, excellent advertisement for the Bundesliga (if you ignore some of the piss poor defending - although that's something that seems commonplace these days across all the leagues). Excellent advertisement for the Spurs bound Germaner. Perhaps we will get him in January after all.

Hope Werder can conduct a renaissance. Fey has been bullying you Blut, behind your back. He's a far worse backstabber than Boro ever was!

Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

blutgraetsche wrote:They'd still walk over Feyenoord and your favourite smurf....

Don't be silly now Blut, Werder is beyond average now these days. You have one amazing player in De Bruyne then again he is not yours. Gebre Selassie never reaches his level he got at the Euros and Arnautovic will always remain a very light version of Ibra. Then you still have the likes of Elia, who is shite, and loads of young but untalented players.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh really? Sokratis is better than your whole defence put together. But that's not even the point. Point is that even if we were fighting for relegation, we'd still beat your lot.

A few of those "untalented", or rather unknown, players may come good or may not, time will tell. At least it helps us to recover financially and put the focus on our academy, which actually isn't too shabby already. Our problem has been to integrate those promising youngsters in the first team, hence quite a few of them moved elsewhere and did quite well. But now that the focus of the club has shifted, Schaaf can actually concentrate on what he can do best. Quite a few people had given up on Arnautovic not too long ago, for example, and now he is having the season of his life. This shows that Schaaf hasn't forgotten the art of dealing with "difficult characters". It's back to the roots for us, and we may not set the world alight for now, but you can sure as hell bet that we will again in future. Because that's what we do and always did.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Blut, the entire Feyenoord defence is the Dutch national team defence these days. IE, Indi's left leg is already worth more then Sokratis. And if it wasnt for the usual Bundesliga cannon fodder, you would be fighting relegation

And yes, I have watched Bremen a few times, and like I said, I haven't been impressed with any of your younger players. Bar de Bruyne of course, who is awesome. But nothing new there. As for Arnautovic, his attitude will never change. Sure he stands out more this season, but that's because the rest bar de Bruyne are all subpar.

Anyway, speaking of Bremen and BVB, didnt you have to play today against eachother? All I got was Bayern against cannon fodder.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm

omg Greuther Fürth did a Chelsea, it was awful to watch, i think 78 % possession

bremen - bvb is very entertaining, so much space for dortmund, reus with a brilliant free kick, götze with a deflected shot

3:0 right now
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 pm

5:0 dortmund

me thinks we won`t see BLUT for a long time AGAIN pale Wink
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Men against boys, outplayed, outthought, outclassed.

I never expected us to get anything out of this match, because we simply can't compete with Dortmund these days, they are superior to us in every way, tactically and individually. However, I didn't expect us to get slaughtered like that in our own stadium either, especially after the promising winter preparation.

We stil have a long way to go. If Schaaf still is the right man for this long, tough road remains to be seen. Doubts have been growing for years, we probably should never expect our team to learn basic defensive organisation under him...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Kroos wrote:5:0 dortmund

me thinks we won`t see BLUT for a long time AGAIN pale Wink

Or not.

I never leave because my team(s) look shit, I thought that this old myth had died by now. I always leave because I've either got bored or have better things to do. I guess / hope that's the case for most of us.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Fey wrote:Blut, the entire Feyenoord defence is the Dutch national team defence these days. IE, Indi's left leg is already worth more then Sokratis. And if it wasnt for the usual Bundesliga cannon fodder, you would be fighting relegation

And yes, I have watched Bremen a few times, and like I said, I haven't been impressed with any of your younger players. Bar de Bruyne of course, who is awesome. But nothing new there. As for Arnautovic, his attitude will never change. Sure he stands out more this season, but that's because the rest bar de Bruyne are all subpar.

Anyway, speaking of Bremen and BVB, didnt you have to play today against eachother? All I got was Bayern against cannon fodder.

"Dutch defence" is an oxymoron.

This said, I agree that we are far from being impressive these days, never said otherwise. We hit ground zero and need to recover first, find our identity and built a proper team over time before we can impress anyone again. There are a few bright spots, as could be seen in the winter preparation, but there is a ton of work to do. If Schaaf is the right man for this seems questionable at least, but beggars can't be choosers.

Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
Fey wrote:Blut, the entire Feyenoord defence is the Dutch national team defence these days. IE, Indi's left leg is already worth more then Sokratis. And if it wasnt for the usual Bundesliga cannon fodder, you would be fighting relegation

"Dutch defence" is an oxymoron.

This said, I agree that we are far from being impressive these days, never said otherwise. We hit ground zero and need to recover first, find our identity and built a proper team over time before we can impress anyone again. There are a few bright spots, as could be seen in the winter preparation, but there is a ton of work to do. If Schaaf is the right man for this seems questionable at least, but beggars can't be choosers.

Well in that case the Bremen defence is a Fata Morgana. Christ that was shocking. I was watching it on Eurosport2(they show a lot of Bundesliga games live) but you lot were already 0-2 down. And like I said before bar de Bruyne I couldnt spot any potential talent at all. Elia is really bad though isnt he.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

De Bruyne is talented, but needs to become more of a team player. His attitude is a bit questionable. However, we weren't spanked so brutally because of our players primarily, although having better ones really wouldn't have hurt, we got annihilated because of our incredible tactical naivety, or rather sheer stupidity. We gave Dortmund all the space and time in the world to exploit.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Dortmund take five as shambolic Werder Bremen are picked apart

Not for the first time, Thomas Schaaf's tactical tinkering bombed as Werder suffered their heaviest home defeat in 25 years

"I'm in an awful mood today," said Thomas Schaaf, which made for an interesting change from the other 364 days when the famously good-natured Werder Bremen manager is German joie de vivre personified, forever bouncing up and down with unbridled happiness and overflowing with cracking jokes. But the 51-year-old, in fairness, had a good reason to feel a little down on Saturday night. His team could be grateful for not having their Bundesliga licence withdrawn on count of being unfit for purpose after a 5-0 hiding at home to the champions, Borussia Dortmund.

It was their biggest defeat in the Weserstadion since a 7-1 loss to Borussia Mönchengladbach in 1987. Schaaf had played in that match as a defender, next to luminaries such as Rudi Völler, Rune Bratseth and Norbert Meier. "I'm angry," he said in the wake of the drubbing by the champions, with a face like an arctic mountain range. "The team is angry. Angry about the situation, about the game, about the performance."

Schaaf must have been a tiny bit angry with himself, too, but then you don't last 13 years in the job by admitting your own ineptitude. After conceding 28 goals and losing seven games before the winter break, the Bundesliga's most attack-minded (read: defensively shambolic) coach had been out to prove a point to the doubters and Guardiola-groupies: he switched his gung-ho 4-1-4-1 system to a 4-2-4 with Clemens Fritz as a second holding midfielder and no real No9 up front. It worked out a treat – for less than 10 minutes, until Marco Reus laser-guided a free-kick into the net. Nine minutes later, Mario Götze's deflected shot ended the match as a contest. Three more goals in the second half from Felipe Santana, Robert Lewandowski and Jakub Blaszczykowski were scant reward for the Black and Yellows' utter superiority. Their transition game, in particular, reached the perfectionist levels of their Champions League showings, perhaps for the first time in the league this year. "It was a fantastic evening for us, we want to continue in that fashion," said Jürgen Klopp, who'd spent most of the winter training camp in Spain focussing on direct, vertical combinations in midfield.

By contrast, Werder had plenty of possession (54%) but nowhere to pass it in the final third. "We only got to 25, 20 metres in front of their goal," said the midfielder, Zlatko Junuzovic. "It felt like there was no one in the box for us." There wasn't. Nils Petersen, the supposed Messi in Schaaf's masterplan (or was Kevin De Bruyne the false striker? Who can possibly tell?), had no idea where and how exactly he was supposed to operate. By the time Schaaf switched back to his regular and by no means better 4-1-4-1 on 57 minutes, Dortmund were merely toying with the hosts. "We should have scored more goals," said Ilkay Gündogan.

"This wasn't about tactics, it was about getting the basics wrong," insisted Schaaf later. "And it's wrong to blame the defence. If we had been better up front, the defenders wouldn't have been under pressure so much." That's undoubtedly true. But the days when his side regularly outscored the opposition and threatened to establish themselves as the second force in German football behind Bayern feel like a bygone era. Little by little, Werder have slipped down the pecking order, to the point that Kicker sees them "transforming into a grey mouse" (also-rans) in the Bundesliga.

The defeat has left them 12th in the table and low on confidence. "Everything went down the toilet today," said the out-of-form, out-of-position and presumably soon-out-of-the-team-again captain, Fritz. Werder's poor finances will prevent Schaaf looking for solutions in the transfer market, so improvement has come from within. Their considerable talent up front should see them edge back into contention for a Europa League place but another defeat in the derby against Hamburg next weekend, coupled with Schaaf pointing the finger at the players again could well darken the mood further. The Bundesliga's longest-serving manager still has the backing of the cub. "We find him great, there's no discussion," said the advisory board member Willi Lemke. He emphasised that the club were in "total transition" and that "100% of the supporters" were behind the coach, too. One can't be so sure about the squad though. "Tactics? The manager's responsible for that," the goalkeeper Sebastian Mielitz said with an air of desperation. "We have to come together as a team and put into place what he's prescribing." And that, in a nutshell, is Werder's problem at the moment.

Talking points (to follow …)

• The man from Sky 'interviewed' a cardboard cut-out of Pep Guardiola before kick-off on the touchline, the players (including clearly nonplussed members of Greuther Fürth) were bombarded with Pep questions and Jupp Heynckes got so annoyed with all the Pep hype that he felt moved to declare "I am the boss here". Unfortunately, the media had little else to sink their teeth into after a regulation 2-0 win over the new boys in the Allianz Arena thanks to goals from Marko Mandzukic. Heynckes did his best to control the situation by insisting that he had decided not to renew his contract but Uli Hoeness was nearer the mark when he revealed that the 67-year-old would "probably have been persuaded to continue" if Bayern had really tried. Instead, they will have to chase the treble with Guardiola watching on over breakfast bagels from New York. "Everyone's going mad here," admitted Hoeness. The Bayern players seemed relatively unperturbed, however. "The name Pep Guardiola has no business here until 31 June, at one minute past midnight," said Thomas Müller, inventing his own personal calendar in the process. Well they do say that the clocks run differently in Bavaria.

• The league leaders obviously didn't exhaust themselves enough on the pitch, so they were in action again on Sunday. A nearly full-strength squad took on Alemannia Aachen in a charity match at the Tivoli stadium. 31,600 supporters turned up, and €500,000 was raised for the third division club. Alemannia have fallen on hard times and need another €1m to stay afloat until the end of the season. "We don't have enough hats to doff them all to them," said the thankful Aachen boss, Uwe Scherr.

• The Bay-Arena provided less harmonious scenes, however. Bayer Leverkusen's emphatic 3-1 win over Frankfurt saw away supporters burning plenty of flares and setting off fire-crackers; referee Wolfgang Stark stopped play after 15 minutes. Armin Veh's side had been the better team until then but Leverkusen adjusted their tactics and ran out deserved winners to stay second in the table. Another side is set to benefit from the Frankfurt fans' misdemeanours, too: the German FA are reportedly planning to impose a "Geisterspiel" (ghost game) behind closed doors on the Eagles.

• Now that the increasingly modest Bundesliga will soon have the best manager in world, to go with the best stadiums, the best ticket prices and the best terrace sausages, it is only right that they should challenge the other self-professed "official bestest league in the world" in terms of end-to-end histrionics and comedy defending. Yes, Schalke's 5-4 win over Hannover almost had Premier League quality. All that was missing was one manager admonishing the fourth official for a disrespectful, biased sideways glance at an earlier encounter in 1994 and a stimulating debate about the ins and outs of diving.

• The good news for Spurs-bound Lewis Holtby is that he soon be able to experience the real thing. Schalke's sporting director, Horst Heldt, has turned down a first "unacceptable offer" from Tottenham for a winter transfer but all the indications are that an agreement will be reached – one minute before transfer-deadline on 31 January in classic Daniel-Levy-style presumably.

Results: Schalke 5-4 Hannover, Bayern 2-0 Fürth, Bremen 0-5 Dortmund, Leverkusen 3-1 Frankfurt, Wolfsburg 2-0 Stuttgart, Hoffenheim 0-0 Mönchengladbach, Mainz 0-0 Freiburg, Nürnberg 1-1 Hamburg, Düsseldorf 2-3 Augsburg.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/21/werder-bremen-borussia-dortmund-bundesliga-roundup

Wie lange noch diese Kindergartennaivität? Ich kann nicht mehr zählen wie oft wir uns völlig freiwillig auf dem Taktiktisch geopfert haben. Das Spiel war schon verloren bevor es angepfiffen wurde.

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:21 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

Wie lange noch diese Kindergartennaivität? Ich kann nicht mehr zählen wie oft wir uns völlig freiwillig auf dem Taktiktisch geopfert haben. Das Spiel war schon verloren bevor es angepfiffen wurde.

What's happening at Bremen sounds depressingly similar to Arsenal in many respects. I haven't been able to watch much of the Bundesliga this season but just having a look at the table, it's surprising to see the bottom three so far adrift already at this stage of the season. Aside from competing for the relegation play-off slot it looks pretty clear-cut who will be propping up the table at the end of the season.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:25 am

Bundesliga clubs record €2 billion turnover

Fourteen of the 18 clubs in Germany’s top-tier have made a profit as the league boasts a post tax income of €55m and a total revenue that is over seven per cent up from last season

Bundesliga clubs have announced a record turnover of over €2 billion, with a net income that is 7.2 per cent greater than last season’s figures.

The total earnings for the clubs in the league was marked as €2.081b, which was up from the 2010/11 number of €1.941b.
The Deutschland Football League (DFL), also announced that as many as 14 of the 18 teams in the division have enjoyed a profitable year.

“The foundations for this successful path are financial good sense as well as targeted investment in sporting efficiency and infrastructure,” DFL chief executive Christian Seifert told reporters.

“The Bundesliga is well equipped to deal with the challenges ahead.”

The figures were inflated by Bayern Munich’s run to the Champions League final, which reportedly earned them €41.7m.

Germany's second division also boasted an improvement of 7.4 per cent with a turnover record of €384.5m.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/01/23/3695086/bundesliga-clubs-record-2-billion-turnover
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Die Nr. 1 im Norden sind wir!!

cheers
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Eher die Nummer 3...

Die Nummer 5 im Norden sind mittlerweile wir... Sad

Not too long ago, we would have won matches like these against the c**ts. How far have we fallen...
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:49 pm

I said it before Blut, you would be in relegation problems if it wasnt for the cannon fodder. That wasnt a trolling attempt, something which I hardly ever do, but the honest truth.

Lucky for you it's the Bundesliga, so next year perhaps you will win the league or something.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:53 pm

schalke will hopefully get there act now together

they played so good at the begin of the season

new attack should now look like this

--farfan---draxler/raffael--bastos/affelay
---------hunter
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Kevin Volland

anyone else impressed, playing for hoffenheim and fighting for relegation, this 20 year old kid is the standout performer, he can play every position, left, right, AM or striker

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Very good prospect, he had been impressing in the 2nd Bundesliga already. Another fine talent from the 1860 München youth academy that puts many to shame. Wonder how 1860 can keep putting out high calibre talents like that while their big neighbour in the Säbener Straße often has to poach promising talents from elsewhere (*cough* Kroos *cough*)... Wink

It's about time that the new generation of forwards takes over. Players like Volland have both the skills and finishing to offer, a better allround game compared to the current generation, similar to the transition we've already faced in the midfield, defence and goal. A pity that Yesil is lost somewhere in the Scouse Hinterland though...
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 pm

eto had his first big season with 23/24

gomez with 22/23

i think thats the age where attackers should start to having a good season, so both (volland and yesil) have still a little bit of time, of course there is no "guarantee of my thesis" Laughing
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Guys, how do you guys rate Kuzmanovic of Stuttgart? He is likely to become an Inter player today.

I remember him as a kid at Fiorentina, he look like a talented CM... but know very little of how he has developed at Stuttgart in the last 4 years... what kind of a player has he become, what are his strengths, issues... I hear he has not been playing this season due to issues with his club, anything we should be concerned about? any info will be useful.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm

bluenine wrote:Guys, how do you guys rate Kuzmanovic of Stuttgart? He is likely to become an Inter player today.

I remember him as a kid at Fiorentina, he look like a talented CM... but know very little of how he has developed at Stuttgart in the last 4 years... what kind of a player has he become, what are his strengths, issues... I hear he has not been playing this season due to issues with his club, anything we should be concerned about? any info will be useful.

Strange that his value in transfermarkt is 5.5 million but Inter seem to have got him for 1 million
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/zdravko-kuzmanovic/profil/spieler_25441.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:13 pm