Paolo Guerrero

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:44 pm

PuroReturns wrote:Todo, where can we watch Guerrero's presentation? Any live feeds/streams? I looked in Oglobo esportes but found nothing yet.

I don't know, Puro. I'm at work, no tv. You can try globo.com or sportv.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:15 am

Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:25 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Inter Milan is offering 8.5 million euros for DM Paulinho, our best player IMO. It's too little money for a player of his class. The problem is Corinthians owns only 10% of his rights, the rest is owned by greedy agents. I'm just praying for him to stay.

It seems we may now be after Paulinho Mongrel. Can you tell me what type of player he is, plus his strengths and weaknesses please?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:Inter Milan is offering 8.5 million euros for DM Paulinho, our best player IMO. It's too little money for a player of his class. The problem is Corinthians owns only 10% of his rights, the rest is owned by greedy agents. I'm just praying for him to stay.

It seems we may now be after Paulinho Mongrel. Can you tell me what type of player he is, plus his strengths and weaknesses please?

He's the best player of the Libertadores champions. A DM. Good marking, good passing, good header, good shot, fast, scores many goals for a DM... IMO, no weakness. If he continues to play at this level, he'll probably be a starter in the next WC.

IMO, 8 million euros for him was too little money. He's quality.

And I don't think you can take him out of Brazil so soon, at least not until the end of the next Libertadores.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 pm

He's a defensive midfielder? That makes so much more sense now. All the papers here in Britain are reporting that he's an attacking midfielder, shows what they know Rolling Eyes

What's his tackling and positional sense like?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Romford Pele wrote:He's a defensive midfielder? That makes so much more sense now. All the papers here in Britain are reporting that he's an attacking midfielder, shows what they know Rolling Eyes

What's his tackling and positional sense like?

Well, it seems you offered 9 million pounds. I'm really scared now. Fuck.

He can be considered a DM that knows how to attack. Corinthians play with 2 DMs. Ralf, more fixed, dedicated to marking, and Paulinho, who marks a lot but also attacks and scores many goals.

But Ramirez was like him for Brazil, a DM who could attack, and Chelsea transformed him into an AM. Maybe Paulinho could be a good AM.

Seriously, if there's a player in Corinthians that I cannot find any weakness, it's him. He's good in everything for his position.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks for the heads up bro - it seems he may be a cheaper alternative to Yann M'Vila of Rennes who we've been tracking him for the past 18 months. I'll see if I can get a few YouTube clips up of Paulinho though ok.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Thanks for the heads up bro - it seems he may be a cheaper alternative to Yann M'Vila of Rennes who we've been tracking him for the past 18 months. I'll see if I can get a few YouTube clips up of Paulinho though ok.

Do that. You may find good material in Youtube, I think.

worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Post by worms rises on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Who is better Paulinho or Lucas Leiva?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm

unkhanscious wrote:Who is better Paulinho or Lucas Leiva?

Paulinho.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:24 pm

I would love to replace Parker with Paulinho.
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Todo, you can now add the fans of Alianza Lima (Paolo Guerrero) and Ramírez (U) to the already 30 million strong Corinthianos...that's around 45 to 50 million fans supporting Corinthians. Shocked
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:10 pm

PuroReturns wrote:Todo, you can now add the fans of Alianza Lima (Paolo Guerrero) and Ramírez (U) to the already 30 million strong Corinthianos...that's around 45 to 50 million fans supporting Corinthians. Shocked

wow. we're growing! Very Happy
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:46 pm

It makes sense to rename this The Big South American Wankathon thread.

Where do I go to sponsor?

Last edited by Disco Benny on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 pm

We have a jealous Khazar here, mes amis.

Somebody wishes they had LATINO BLOOD.
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Is it psychologically impossible for Latinos to brag about their leagues without mentioning Europe?

We brag about our Khazar leagues without twitching nervously about South America. Its easy mes amis!
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Is it psychologically impossible for Latinos to brag about their leagues without mentioning Europe?

We brag about our Khazar leagues without twitching nervously about South America. Its easy mes amis!

South America doesn't take your players from your clubs, your leagues, your countries.

If the best English, German, Italian, Spanish and French players played in South American leagues, how would you talk about Euro football without talking about SA football?

Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:30 am

Tite says "Guerrero is the striker whom I had been waiting for". Shocked

The Fuck! Guerrero had better score from the get go! Biggrin <Ale>
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Is it psychologically impossible for Latinos to brag about their leagues without mentioning Europe?

South America doesn't take your players from your clubs, your leagues, your countries.

If the best English, German, Italian, Spanish and French players played in South American leagues, how would you talk about Euro football without talking about SA football?

Good point. Damn it!
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Good point. Damn it!

Very Happy

@puro

Liedson was our striker, our matador in the Brasileirão. But this year he had such a bad phase that we couldn't keep him as a starter. His reserve, Elton, is a useless hoofer. So we began to play without a striker, with 2 playmakers (Danilo and Alex) and 2 wingers (Emerson and Jorge Henrique). Now we have a striker.

Alex and Liedson are going out. So Tite has 2 options: Douglas or Ramirez in place of Alex, keeping the no-striker strategy that won us Libertadores, or Guerrero in place of Alex, going back to the formation that won us the Brasileirão.

We have also 2 more wingers in the team to give Tite good problems to think about: Romarinho, the youngster that scored that cold-blooded goal in La Bombonera, and Martinez, the Velez guy who was rather expensive for us to get.

but the most important thing is to keep fucking Paulinho in the team. He's our best player and we need to stop bloody Arsenal from taking him from us.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

I like the way you're hyping up Paulinho to us Mongrel Very Happy

To be totally honest, i'm not entirely sure he's what we need from the YouTube clips i've seen thus far.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Romford Pele wrote:I like the way you're hyping up Paulinho to us Mongrel Very Happy

To be totally honest, i'm not entirely sure he's what we need from the YouTube clips i've seen thus far.

If you need a playmaker, he's not what you need. He's an excelent (I'd say perfect) DM who can attack. As an AM he would probably just be good, above avarage.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Natural eagerness to find out made me look into the 'name' players in Brasil's Serie A: Ronaldinho (Atlético Mineiro), Neymar (Santos), Deco (Fluminense), Elano (Grêmio), Luis Fabiano (São Paulo), Juninho Pernambucano (Vasco Da Gama), Vagner Love (Flamengo), Dida (Portuguesa), Cicinho (Sport Recife), Marcos Assunção (Palmeiras) Sebastián Abreu (Figueirense), Guerrero (Corinthians), Forlán (Internacional), Seedorf (Botafogo).

Plus all the stars who are deciding to stay home in Brasil. There's a lot of talent there.

Your league is already stacked, Todo. And, there's no stopping it. It will become a beast of a league very soon. <Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Todo, I saw Corinthians's training facilities and they're truly "world class". Only the top European clubs (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Bayern, Chelsea, the club of the devil etc. etc.) can match Corinthians's.

Paolo's last team, Hamburg, their training center is below the standard of Corinthians. And some Peruvians wonder if Guerrero is making a bad decision! FFS! Brasileirão is ALREADY better/stronger than the Bundesliga. TFS!

I knew Brasil has money, but I'm still pleasantly surprised. Shocked Biggrin <Ale>

worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Post by worms rises on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Chelsea aren't a top European club.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Todo, what can you tell me about Damião? Do you think he will fulfil he potential he was showing when he made his Brazilian debut, or has he stood still? Does he need a move to reach his best?
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:28 pm

bizarre, if amusing, stuff by our friend puro here Smile

since WHEN is Guerrero is WORLD BEATER ? scratch

an aging Pizarro is still FAR better than the ex-HSV man

and FARFAN is also a better player (irrespective of position)

in fact, even PETRIC was FAR better at HSV

the truth is that Hamburg are pretty much broke now and they were PRAYING that somebody would take Guerrero OFF their payroll

they really thought NOBODY would do so, since the Peruvian was on some SILLY salary that no sane club would be willing to pay

Corinthians shelling out the silly money shows how much money is now in Brazilian football

let's hope they make a move for Wolfsburg's DIEGO as well

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Damião IMO is a good striker, but nothing special. Just above avarage.

@Puro

Not only Corinthians', but most of the top Brazilian clubs have world class training facilities, with a few exceptions.

When Lugano came to São Paulo, he said their facilities made Uruguayan top clubs facilities look totally amateur.

Yesterday Corinthians played Flamengo in Rio. Tite played the no-striker formation with Douglas in place of Alex. Corinthians won 3-0 and Douglas scored twice. Guerrero and Ramirez and Martinez will have to fight for a place as starters. But that's alright. All Corinthians players were reserves for some time. There's not one single player in the team that has always been a starter. Even the most expensive.

Corinthians played like this:

-----------------------Cássio-------------------------

Alessandro----Chicão--------P André--------Fábio Santos

---------------Ralf--------Paulinho-------------------

------------Douglas-----------Danilo-------------------

---Romarinho(J Henrique injured)---------------Emerson------

-----------------NO STRIKER----------------------------------

For Guerrero to be a starter, Tite will have to drop one midfielder or one winger from the formation that gave us Libertadores. But even if he doesn't start at first, he'll have his chances in second halves. Like I said, all those players above were reserves for some time.

S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:59 pm

PuroReturns wrote:Ronaldinho (Atlético Mineiro)
Deco (Fluminense)
Luis Fabiano (São Paulo)
Juninho Pernambucano (Vasco Da Gama)
Dida (Portuguesa)
Seedorf (Botafogo).

Your league is already stacked, Todo. And, there's no stopping it. It will become a beast of a league very soon. <Ale>

Very soon when these guys have retired? There certainly is no stopping it becoming the Dad's Army league of world football. Ale

PuroReturns wrote:Cicinho (Sport Recife)

The former Real Madrid full back? lol!
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Juninho Pernambucano (Vasco Da Gama

Isn't he like 300 years old now??

Puro has gone mental Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:45 am