Paolo Guerrero

Share
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>

I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>



avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Puro, I think you're exagerating a bit here.

I'd say the Brazilian league today is better than the Portuguese, the French and the Dutch league, but it's still worse than the big 4 euro leagues (though the Brazilian league was by far the best in the world in the 50s and 60s and maybe the best in the world in the 70s and 80s).

But you're right about the expressions in our forum-mates' faces if you said the names of the best players in Brazil, cause the best players in Brazil today are not known in Europe. They are not in that list.
avatar
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 am

PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by 110% on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:05 am

There's Only One King wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

I think you'll find that Puro named a bunch of mainly retired players as the "name" players in the league, and it was rightly pointed out that they're old. Maybe it is also Beckham's next destination.

How many south americans had heard of kyle walker before he was linked to real madrid?

The Brazil league could become one of the best in the world however it won't be because they buy foreign talent or old players but because they keep their own best players. Most Spanish, Italians, Germans, and English play in their home leagues whereas the French and Dutch players tend to play abroad more. If the brazil league takes off then I imagine most of the europeans moving there are likely to be French, Dutch, Portuguese and Eastern Europeans.

There is a lot of money in Brazil right now, but I hear the country is not quite as awesome as we might imagine. I will try and go during the world cup anyway to experience for myself. However a friend of mine who worked there for a few years recently moved back to Europe and noticed how cheap everything was here compared to Brazil. He also told me the Brazilians were a bit like the French about their language. Maybe it is not like that in the whole country but at least where he lived people would get arsey with him as his Portuguese pronunciation was not great.
avatar
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:35 am

110% wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

I think you'll find that Puro named a bunch of mainly retired players as the "name" players in the league, and it was rightly pointed out that they're old. Maybe it is also Beckham's next destination.

How many south americans had heard of kyle walker before he was linked to real madrid?

The Brazil league could become one of the best in the world however it won't be because they buy foreign talent or old players but because they keep their own best players. Most Spanish, Italians, Germans, and English play in their home leagues whereas the French and Dutch players tend to play abroad more. If the brazil league takes off then I imagine most of the europeans moving there are likely to be French, Dutch, Portuguese and Eastern Europeans.

There is a lot of money in Brazil right now, but I hear the country is not quite as awesome as we might imagine. I will try and go during the world cup anyway to experience for myself. However a friend of mine who worked there for a few years recently moved back to Europe and noticed how cheap everything was here compared to Brazil. He also told me the Brazilians were a bit like the French about their language. Maybe it is not like that in the whole country but at least where he lived people would get arsey with him as his Portuguese pronunciation was not great.

More than had heard of Oscar before his links with Chelsea, considering the fact we don't only watch our own leagues and proclaim to have invented the sport (again, clearly not your attitude or the attitude of most on this board, but far too common a view amongst the 'plebs' who tend to follow football).

As for the language issue, Brazilians are turds (except for Todo, Sandro and Gomes). Nevertheless, I have seen far too many yanks and Brits who travel abroad and instantly expect/demand that person whose country they are in be proficient in English. That shows a lack of respect. If somebody makes an ATTEMPT, however bad it may be, to use the local language, then I respect them, and that is what I have always done when I have been abroad.

worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by worms rises on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 pm

There's Only One King wrote:
110% wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

I think you'll find that Puro named a bunch of mainly retired players as the "name" players in the league, and it was rightly pointed out that they're old. Maybe it is also Beckham's next destination.

How many south americans had heard of kyle walker before he was linked to real madrid?

The Brazil league could become one of the best in the world however it won't be because they buy foreign talent or old players but because they keep their own best players. Most Spanish, Italians, Germans, and English play in their home leagues whereas the French and Dutch players tend to play abroad more. If the brazil league takes off then I imagine most of the europeans moving there are likely to be French, Dutch, Portuguese and Eastern Europeans.

There is a lot of money in Brazil right now, but I hear the country is not quite as awesome as we might imagine. I will try and go during the world cup anyway to experience for myself. However a friend of mine who worked there for a few years recently moved back to Europe and noticed how cheap everything was here compared to Brazil. He also told me the Brazilians were a bit like the French about their language. Maybe it is not like that in the whole country but at least where he lived people would get arsey with him as his Portuguese pronunciation was not great.

More than had heard of Oscar before his links with Chelsea, considering the fact we don't only watch our own leagues and proclaim to have invented the sport (again, clearly not your attitude or the attitude of most on this board, but far too common a view amongst the 'plebs' who tend to follow football).

As for the language issue, Brazilians are turds (except for Todo, Sandro and Gomes). Nevertheless, I have seen far too many yanks and Brits who travel abroad and instantly expect/demand that person whose country they are in be proficient in English. That shows a lack of respect. If somebody makes an ATTEMPT, however bad it may be, to use the local language, then I respect them, and that is what I have always done when I have been abroad.

This is me.Very Happy Why should I learn a new language because I'm going on holiday for a few weeks? If I moved there I would learn the language but to try to learn to just go there for a few weeks is self indulgent and unnecessary.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by debaser on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

unkhanscious wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:
110% wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

I think you'll find that Puro named a bunch of mainly retired players as the "name" players in the league, and it was rightly pointed out that they're old. Maybe it is also Beckham's next destination.

How many south americans had heard of kyle walker before he was linked to real madrid?

The Brazil league could become one of the best in the world however it won't be because they buy foreign talent or old players but because they keep their own best players. Most Spanish, Italians, Germans, and English play in their home leagues whereas the French and Dutch players tend to play abroad more. If the brazil league takes off then I imagine most of the europeans moving there are likely to be French, Dutch, Portuguese and Eastern Europeans.

There is a lot of money in Brazil right now, but I hear the country is not quite as awesome as we might imagine. I will try and go during the world cup anyway to experience for myself. However a friend of mine who worked there for a few years recently moved back to Europe and noticed how cheap everything was here compared to Brazil. He also told me the Brazilians were a bit like the French about their language. Maybe it is not like that in the whole country but at least where he lived people would get arsey with him as his Portuguese pronunciation was not great.

More than had heard of Oscar before his links with Chelsea, considering the fact we don't only watch our own leagues and proclaim to have invented the sport (again, clearly not your attitude or the attitude of most on this board, but far too common a view amongst the 'plebs' who tend to follow football).

As for the language issue, Brazilians are turds (except for Todo, Sandro and Gomes). Nevertheless, I have seen far too many yanks and Brits who travel abroad and instantly expect/demand that person whose country they are in be proficient in English. That shows a lack of respect. If somebody makes an ATTEMPT, however bad it may be, to use the local language, then I respect them, and that is what I have always done when I have been abroad.

This is me.Very Happy Why should I learn a new language because I'm going on holiday for a few weeks? If I moved there I would learn the language but to try to learn to just go there for a few weeks is self indulgent and unnecessary.

No-one would expect you to become fluent for a holiday...but learning a few phrases you are likely to use is good manners. Hello, how are you, please, thank you.
avatar
the real white worm

Number of posts : 393
Favourite Player : BALE, the real white pele
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by the real white worm on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:31 pm

debaser wrote:
unkhanscious wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:
110% wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

I think you'll find that Puro named a bunch of mainly retired players as the "name" players in the league, and it was rightly pointed out that they're old. Maybe it is also Beckham's next destination.

How many south americans had heard of kyle walker before he was linked to real madrid?

The Brazil league could become one of the best in the world however it won't be because they buy foreign talent or old players but because they keep their own best players. Most Spanish, Italians, Germans, and English play in their home leagues whereas the French and Dutch players tend to play abroad more. If the brazil league takes off then I imagine most of the europeans moving there are likely to be French, Dutch, Portuguese and Eastern Europeans.

There is a lot of money in Brazil right now, but I hear the country is not quite as awesome as we might imagine. I will try and go during the world cup anyway to experience for myself. However a friend of mine who worked there for a few years recently moved back to Europe and noticed how cheap everything was here compared to Brazil. He also told me the Brazilians were a bit like the French about their language. Maybe it is not like that in the whole country but at least where he lived people would get arsey with him as his Portuguese pronunciation was not great.

More than had heard of Oscar before his links with Chelsea, considering the fact we don't only watch our own leagues and proclaim to have invented the sport (again, clearly not your attitude or the attitude of most on this board, but far too common a view amongst the 'plebs' who tend to follow football).

As for the language issue, Brazilians are turds (except for Todo, Sandro and Gomes). Nevertheless, I have seen far too many yanks and Brits who travel abroad and instantly expect/demand that person whose country they are in be proficient in English. That shows a lack of respect. If somebody makes an ATTEMPT, however bad it may be, to use the local language, then I respect them, and that is what I have always done when I have been abroad.

This is me.Very Happy Why should I learn a new language because I'm going on holiday for a few weeks? If I moved there I would learn the language but to try to learn to just go there for a few weeks is self indulgent and unnecessary.

No-one would expect you to become fluent for a holiday...but learning a few phrases you are likely to use is good manners. Hello, how are you, please, thank you.

no its not. its better to speak english than speak someone elses language badly. anyway when they see are that bad they will speak to u in english.

if u do speak well they will probably speak back to you and u wont understand wot they are saying lol!
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 pm

110% wrote:There is a lot of money in Brazil right now, but I hear the country is not quite as awesome as we might imagine. I will try and go during the world cup anyway to experience for myself. However a friend of mine who worked there for a few years recently moved back to Europe and noticed how cheap everything was here compared to Brazil. He also told me the Brazilians were a bit like the French about their language. Maybe it is not like that in the whole country but at least where he lived people would get arsey with him as his Portuguese pronunciation was not great.

Your friend is right about Brazil not being as good as you might imagine. Infrastructure (airports, roads, undergrounds) needs real improvement, crime rates are too high, social inequality too.

However, things are getting better little by little. Economically, we improved a lot. Brazil now is as rich as the United Kingdom, but the Brazilian is 3 times more poor than the average british citizen. That is, Brazil has 3 times the population of the United Kingdom, so more people to disrribute the money.

If you compare those numbers with India and China though, you'll see Brazil is doing much better.

Homicide rates are too high, but mainly because of the drug war. I live in the centre of the biggest city of South America (Greater São Paulo has almost 20 million people) and I never was robbed, and never saw a gun firing in my life. (I know a Belgian woman who lived in Rio for 20 years and the only time she was robbed in her life was in Paris).

But tourists should be careful, cause they are often easy targets.

On the language:

Brazilians are not like the French. Most of us don't speak English because we just don't know how to do it, and not because we're against it. Education in Brazil is usually shite. But Brazilians are usually nice towards foreigners.

I know English well because I like to read books and I love English language literature, and also because I work with language (proofreading). But my speaking/listening skills are not half as good as my reading/writting skills. I just don't speak English frequently, so I don't have much practice.



avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 pm

You could teach Worms a lesson or two when it comes to writing though Ale

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by 110% on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:40 pm

When I said like the French, I didn't mean being against speaking English, just that the French don't like it if you don't pronounce their language properly, compared to say the Italians, who love you if you can say 3 words, pretty close to how they say it.

My friend learned Portuguese but his pronunciation was bad, and instead of embracing the fact he tried like the Italians, they kind of behaved like the French.

Speaking a few words of a language, like please, thank you etc is always good. Anyway who has ever travelled abroad knows that. Worms having pretended to have been in south america during copa america in the 90s, when probably few people would have spoken English, needs to realise that those lies are quite obvious when you post the kind of shit he posted above.

avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:56 pm

There's Only One King wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

Laughing

I'm sure there will continue to be excellent players coming through the Samerican countries that count - Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.

However, it works both ways too. Do Samericans know who Jake Livermore is? Harry Kane? I doubt it. It doesn't bother me if Samericans aren't aware of the emerging talent over here other than those linked with big clubs. So why would Samericans give a shit if I don't know who is the talented young right back playing for Colo Colo?

Just like a lot of overhyped European young talent - there have been so many Samerican kids labelled the "new Maradonna / Pele / Jesus" whose careers crashed and burned - the majority will NEVER fulfill their promise. I'm happy to wait until these kids become consistent and focussed enough to progress their careers, instead of getting overexcited about the next D'allesandro Ale




Last edited by Disco Benny on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:03 pm

110% wrote:When I said like the French, I didn't mean being against speaking English, just that the French don't like it if you don't pronounce their language properly, compared to say the Italians, who love you if you can say 3 words, pretty close to how they say it.

My friend learned Portuguese but his pronunciation was bad, and instead of embracing the fact he tried like the Italians, they kind of behaved like the French.

Speaking a few words of a language, like please, thank you etc is always good. Anyway who has ever travelled abroad knows that. Worms having pretended to have been in south america during copa america in the 90s, when probably few people would have spoken English, needs to realise that those lies are quite obvious when you post the kind of shit he posted above.


Your friend wasn't lucky then, beucause Brazilians are exactly like your description of the Italians. Brazilians are usually very communicative.

Moreover, most Brazilians who know at least a bit of English may even insist on speaking English because the poor c**ts think it's fashionable.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by messiah on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:13 pm

gary busquests just goes around making very simplistic comments don't you know this, if one person says it, it must be true

worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by worms rises on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 pm

[quote="110%"]When I said like the French, I didn't mean being against speaking English, just that the French don't like it if you don't pronounce their language properly, compared to say the Italians, who love you if you can say 3 words, pretty close to how they say it.

My friend learned Portuguese but his pronunciation was bad, and instead of embracing the fact he tried like the Italians, they kind of behaved like the French.

Speaking a few words of a language, like please, thank you etc is always good. Anyway who has ever travelled abroad knows that. Worms having pretended to have been in south america during copa america in the 90s, when probably few people would have spoken English, needs to realise that those lies are quite obvious when you post the kind of shit he posted above.

[/quote

I have been to Uruguay,Spain and Venezuela.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898
Age : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 am

We all joke about how old the players Puro mentioned are, but some of them are still playing at a high level. Juninho, Deco, Zé Roberto are one of the best players of their clubs. Marcos Assunção is not that good, but I don't have any doubt that he is the best set piece taker in the world right now.

Anyway, I think that spending money to keep the top young players would be smarter than spending on old players. E.g: Selling Oscar to Chelsea to get the expensive duo Forlán and Juan like Inter did makes no sense at all.

Now Ronaldinho is playing for my favourite club Atlético Mineiro. I watch him play week in week out and I can say that he is playing well again. Of course that he will never be the player he was in his prime, but he can still be very useful.

Btw, do you remember Manchester City and Everton flop Jô? Believe me, he has been terrific this season for us. He is the best striker of the brazilian league so far.

Watch this beauty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISCw-7KrHY

Superb assist from 19 year old Bernard. The kid has a lot of potential.

We're topping the league! cheers


worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by worms rises on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:58 am

O ye I forgot about Jo,he was shit but I remember some nice goal he scored for Everton.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by christmasborocooper on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:58 am

I was so right about Jo. Fucking lump. He was never good in this league.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 54
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by EMP on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:52 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Good point. Damn it!

Very Happy



@puro

Liedson was our striker, our matador in the Brasileirão. But this year he had such a bad phase that we couldn't keep him as a starter. His reserve, Elton, is a useless hoofer. So we began to play without a striker, with 2 playmakers (Danilo and Alex) and 2 wingers (Emerson and Jorge Henrique). Now we have a striker.

Alex and Liedson are going out. So Tite has 2 options: Douglas or Ramirez in place of Alex, keeping the no-striker strategy that won us Libertadores, or Guerrero in place of Alex, going back to the formation that won us the Brasileirão.

We have also 2 more wingers in the team to give Tite good problems to think about: Romarinho, the youngster that scored that cold-blooded goal in La Bombonera, and Martinez, the Velez guy who was rather expensive for us to get.


but the most important thing is to keep fucking Paulinho in the team. He's our best player and we need to stop bloody Arsenal from taking him from us.

Del Bosque has received a lot of credit for 'revolutionising football with the tactic of the false number 9. How was this tactic received by fans and media when you used it?
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 54
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by EMP on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 am

Disco Benny wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:
PuroReturns wrote:Mes amis! I said "name" players, you know the ones you 'Peons have heard.

Todo and I know there are better players in each team with the possible exception of Ronaldinho in Atlético Mineiro, but why shall I name the best players in each team when I KNOW I'm gonna get a stupid expression of your face when you read the names of such players!!! lol! <Ale>


I'm telling you all, you too Ottito...you'd better start learning about the Brasileirão because it will become the best league in the world very soon. It is already arguably the second or third best in the world. It mops the floor with the Bundesliga already. I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow to my German mes amis especially with their antiquated 20th century mindset. Biggrin <Ale>




Puro is right in the bolded section. The Europeans only know the names of those players who have graced their leagues, rather than being familiar with the emerging youngsters. The average European only knows Ganso and Neymar, and perhaps Oscar, but only because Chelsea are on the brink of signing him. There is far more young talent in South America then there is in Europe.

But why should someone like MWP care?* After all, "England is the home of football" and they therefore deserve success. lol!








*Just kidding Bernd, I love you (and your sister). Hug Blush However most non-EMB posters would fit this mould.

Laughing

I'm sure there will continue to be excellent players coming through the Samerican countries that count - Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.

However, it works both ways too. Do Samericans know who Jake Livermore is? Harry Kane? I doubt it. It doesn't bother me if Samericans aren't aware of the emerging talent over here other than those linked with big clubs. So why would Samericans give a shit if I don't know who is the talented young right back playing for Colo Colo?

Just like a lot of overhyped European young talent - there have been so many Samerican kids labelled the "new Maradonna / Pele / Jesus" whose careers crashed and burned - the majority will NEVER fulfill their promise. I'm happy to wait until these kids become consistent and focussed enough to progress their careers, instead of getting overexcited about the next D'allesandro Ale



That's a bit much. Many here wouldn't know who Harry Kane was if they didn't know about Spurs' young talent. However, there were quite a few Spurs fans last season who had already decided that Kane wasn't good enough. Better point regarding Livermore, but even that stretches it. Don't forget that Brazil are Under-20 World Champions and Oscar was not even their best player. He trurned up in the final alone. He did not get a look in as Player of that tournament.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 am

Kane has really improved by all accounts Ive heard / seen EMP. He was impressive for England u19 semi finalists in the recent Euros. Not suggesting or comparing to Brazils youth, but the point still stands that so many kids in both continents get so much hype and attention that its near impossible to track them all given so many will fail anyway
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:40 am

By the way, jumped up and punched the air with delight when Sandro scored against Great Britain yesterday. What a guy


worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by worms rises on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:27 pm

EMP wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Good point. Damn it!

Very Happy



@puro

Liedson was our striker, our matador in the Brasileirão. But this year he had such a bad phase that we couldn't keep him as a starter. His reserve, Elton, is a useless hoofer. So we began to play without a striker, with 2 playmakers (Danilo and Alex) and 2 wingers (Emerson and Jorge Henrique). Now we have a striker.

Alex and Liedson are going out. So Tite has 2 options: Douglas or Ramirez in place of Alex, keeping the no-striker strategy that won us Libertadores, or Guerrero in place of Alex, going back to the formation that won us the Brasileirão.

We have also 2 more wingers in the team to give Tite good problems to think about: Romarinho, the youngster that scored that cold-blooded goal in La Bombonera, and Martinez, the Velez guy who was rather expensive for us to get.


but the most important thing is to keep fucking Paulinho in the team. He's our best player and we need to stop bloody Arsenal from taking him from us.

Del Bosque has received a lot of credit for 'revolutionising football with the tactic of the false number 9. How was this tactic received by fans and media when you used it?

Doh OMG you mean Guardiola? Guardiola started using the false nine way before Del Bosque. Face it you know fuck all about football.Maybe that's why you ask so many questions.

worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by worms rises on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Lodeiro to Botofogo.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 54
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by EMP on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:38 pm

unkhanscious wrote:
EMP wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Good point. Damn it!

Very Happy



@puro

Liedson was our striker, our matador in the Brasileirão. But this year he had such a bad phase that we couldn't keep him as a starter. His reserve, Elton, is a useless hoofer. So we began to play without a striker, with 2 playmakers (Danilo and Alex) and 2 wingers (Emerson and Jorge Henrique). Now we have a striker.

Alex and Liedson are going out. So Tite has 2 options: Douglas or Ramirez in place of Alex, keeping the no-striker strategy that won us Libertadores, or Guerrero in place of Alex, going back to the formation that won us the Brasileirão.

We have also 2 more wingers in the team to give Tite good problems to think about: Romarinho, the youngster that scored that cold-blooded goal in La Bombonera, and Martinez, the Velez guy who was rather expensive for us to get.


but the most important thing is to keep fucking Paulinho in the team. He's our best player and we need to stop bloody Arsenal from taking him from us.

Del Bosque has received a lot of credit for 'revolutionising football with the tactic of the false number 9. How was this tactic received by fans and media when you used it?

Doh OMG you mean Guardiola? Guardiola started using the false nine way before Del Bosque. Face it you know fuck all about football.Maybe that's why you ask so many questions.

Just fuck off Worms! I wasn't talking to you and I'm not interested in anything you say.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 54
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by EMP on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Kane has really improved by all accounts Ive heard / seen EMP. He was impressive for England u19 semi finalists in the recent Euros. Not suggesting or comparing to Brazils youth, but the point still stands that so many kids in both continents get so much hype and attention that its near impossible to track them all given so many will fail anyway

Sure. What do you think of Andros Townsend? Saw a couple of matches at start of last season. That Brasil Under-20 side is a good starting point for judging Brasilian young talent, although the defence was not great. However, their goal-keeper, Gabriel, mistake in the final apart, looked impressive. Swap Gomes for him Wink

worms rises

Number of posts : 1215
Favourite Player : Cabaye (As good as Xavi)
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by worms rises on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:18 pm

EMP wrote:
unkhanscious wrote:
EMP wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Good point. Damn it!

Very Happy



@puro

Liedson was our striker, our matador in the Brasileirão. But this year he had such a bad phase that we couldn't keep him as a starter. His reserve, Elton, is a useless hoofer. So we began to play without a striker, with 2 playmakers (Danilo and Alex) and 2 wingers (Emerson and Jorge Henrique). Now we have a striker.

Alex and Liedson are going out. So Tite has 2 options: Douglas or Ramirez in place of Alex, keeping the no-striker strategy that won us Libertadores, or Guerrero in place of Alex, going back to the formation that won us the Brasileirão.

We have also 2 more wingers in the team to give Tite good problems to think about: Romarinho, the youngster that scored that cold-blooded goal in La Bombonera, and Martinez, the Velez guy who was rather expensive for us to get.


but the most important thing is to keep fucking Paulinho in the team. He's our best player and we need to stop bloody Arsenal from taking him from us.

Del Bosque has received a lot of credit for 'revolutionising football with the tactic of the false number 9. How was this tactic received by fans and media when you used it?

Doh OMG you mean Guardiola? Guardiola started using the false nine way before Del Bosque. Face it you know fuck all about football.Maybe that's why you ask so many questions.

Just fuck off Worms! I wasn't talking to you and I'm not interested in anything you say.

Stop being so wrong then and I will happily fuck off.
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Romford Pele on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:35 am

I think you can rest safely now Mongrel. Cazorla and M'Vila seem to be our main targets Very Happy
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Romford Pele wrote:I think you can rest safely now Mongrel. Cazorla and M'Vila seem to be our main targets Very Happy


Thank God. Look what he did yesterday, in his birthday!

avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Puro on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:10 am

Todo, I read that Guerrero made his debut yesterday in Corinthians' win and that he also scored a golazo today in training that had the entire team buzzing including Tite.

By the way, I'm watching the partidazo right now between Atlético Mineiro and Santos. Great atmosphere in the stadium, packed house. That stadium does not look like the Mineirão. The stadium I see is very modern, not even two years old and looks like Braga's Stadium in Portugal. Awesome looking stadium.

And, Ronaldinho looks great already. He hasn't lost much from his Barça years at his peak. Shocked It's no wonder Atlético Mineiro are leading the league.

Sponsored content

Re: Paolo Guerrero

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 pm