Hulk - a bad player?

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Hulk - a bad player?

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Everybody in Brazil and the Brazilian press are complaining a lot about Mano Menezes calling Hulk for the Olympics.

Hulk is considered a hoofer in Brazil, a strong player of no talent, both by popular opinion and by the press.

I never watched him playing for Porto, so I have no firm opinion yet. What do you Europeans think about him?
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Hulk - a bad player?

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:29 pm

I've seen him play against Arsenal a few times in the CL. He's ok, but for the fee being mooted for him, i'm not sure he's worth the hassle. Also, doesn't he have a history of bad antics off the field?
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Romford Pele wrote:I've seen him play against Arsenal a few times in the CL. He's ok, but for the fee being mooted for him, i'm not sure he's worth the hassle. Also, doesn't he have a history of bad antics off the field?

I don't know. We don't know much about him here. All I know is he isn't liked by Brazilians.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:I've seen him play against Arsenal a few times in the CL. He's ok, but for the fee being mooted for him, i'm not sure he's worth the hassle. Also, doesn't he have a history of bad antics off the field?

I don't know. We don't know much about him here. All I know is he isn't liked by Brazilians.

How much of that is due to the fact that he didn't play in Brazil for a significant length of time? I haven't watched a great deal of him, but I know he was suspended for attacking a referee or something like that.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I dunno either. But I do know he provided us with one of the greatest moments of amateur at-the-match mobile video footage:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:35 pm