[ 9 ]
53% [53%] 

Total Votes: 17

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Radamel Falcao

Post by 110% on Fri May 10, 2013 11:39 am

Fey wrote:So he goes from Porto to A.Madrid to Monaco..that's like taking a step down every time. Usually players do the opposite.

Does seem like that Very Happy

I heard he is friends with kaka and also a greedy god-botherer, which might explain his moving for money (rather than trophies or to challenge himself at the highest level).
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 10, 2013 11:42 am

Fey wrote:So he goes from Porto to A.Madrid to Monaco..that's like taking a step down every time. Usually players do the opposite.

Atletico are at least as good as Porto...

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am

bluenine wrote:
Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Best finisher.

Cavani the best CF.

How odd that probably the best two strikers around play for Atletico Madrid & Napoli.

In a way, its also understandable. They are the focal point of attacks at their respective clubs. Kroos has a point there, its more difficult in a bigger club, which has stars as great or greater in attack already, and you are no longer the focal point of all attacks. I am not saying that is the only factor, but it is one of the key reasons of failure of players like Kaka at Real, Villa at Barca, etc. I am pretty sure that if Falcao goes to Barca, for example, he will not be half as successful.

I agree with the point but I wouldn't use kaka and villa as examples as a big part of them not being as good as they were is to do with injury and subsequent loss of form.
Balack was Coward

Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 10, 2013 11:46 am

If this move happens then Cavani's price may increase.... Both Madrids, Chelsea, City and United want/need a new striker.

Lewondowski will be more sought after now I guess. But not as much as Cavani who is easily better than him.

Here is my guess what will happen:

Rooney to Chelsea
Cavani to Madrid
Lewondowski to Man United
Gomez to City.
Dzeko to Dortmund.
Higuian to Juve.

Last edited by Marmeladov on Fri May 10, 2013 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 10, 2013 11:48 am

Bluenine, Villa is a bad example as he has been played out of position for us and plays alongside one of the best players ever. But in his first season for us he was in top form. Kaka has lost pace and just doesn't look like half the player he used to be.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22996
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Fri May 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Marmeladov wrote:Bluenine, Villa is a bad example as he has been played out of position for us and plays alongside one of the best players ever. But in his first season for us he was in top form. Kaka has lost pace and just doesn't look like half the player he used to be.

That is the whole point, when you join a team with a player like Messi in it, you are made to play in a space revolving around him. There is a good chance that if Cavani joins Barca, he will end up as a winger supporting Messi in the middle.

At Napoli, the attack is built around Cavani and how to get the ball over to Cavani. That may not be the case in a big club.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Erm no, that isn't the whole point. The point Kroos was trying to make was that strikers at smaller clubs who prefer to counterattack get less space than strikers who play for the absolute top clubs who often have to break teams down and have little space for the striker to work. So you using an example of a striker who has been played out of position is irrelevant to the discussion.

As for Cavani, there is not much chance of Cavani joining Barca, although I would welcome the move if he was allowed to play as a striker with Messi playing behind him and to the right. Cavani is one of my favorite players.

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 pm

110% wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Cavani the best CF.

How odd that probably the best two strikers around play for Atletico Madrid & Napoli.

In a way, its also understandable. They are the focal point of attacks at their respective clubs. Kroos has a point there, its more difficult in a bigger club, which has stars as great or greater in attack already, and you are no longer the focal point of all attacks. I am not saying that is the only factor, but it is one of the key reasons of failure of players like Kaka at Real, Villa at Barca, etc. I am pretty sure that if Falcao goes to Barca, for example, he will not be half as successful.

I agree with the point but I wouldn't use kaka and villa as examples as a big part of them not being as good as they were is to do with injury and subsequent loss of form.
It is true of Kaka because he had deteriorated when he came to the club because he got the key position he played at Ac Milan. Villa was pushed to the left. I don't hold it against Villa that he lost form because when you're a world class striker you should expect to play as a striker. People were saying the same of Eto on the left for Inter but in his second season he played as a striker and suddenly he seemed like a world beater again.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri May 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
110% wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Cavani the best CF.

It is true of Kaka because he had deteriorated when he came to the club because he got the key position he played at Ac Milan. Villa was pushed to the left. I don't hold it against Villa that he lost form because when you're a world class striker you should expect to play as a striker. People were saying the same of Eto on the left for Inter but in his second season he played as a striker and suddenly he seemed like a world beater again.

Eto'o at Inter is a good example too. Though to be fair to Eto'o, even when played at the left, he did a decent job.

So I hope Falcao and Cavani think long and hard before they select their destination.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Hopefully they listen to Bluenine. ok
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri May 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Tears for ALL Africa !!! wrote:Hopefully they listen to Bluenine. ok

But more likely they will listen to their greedy agents. ok
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri May 10, 2013 3:02 pm

bluenine wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
110% wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Cavani the best CF.

Eto'o at Inter is a good example too. Though to be fair to Eto'o, even when played at the left, he did a decent job.

So I hope Falcao and Cavani think long and hard before they select their destination.
Sure but it seemed like the old Eto was dead. And Villa did a decent job for Barcelona as well but compared to what you would expect from somebody of his talent it felt like he was underused.

I doubt anybody who is looking for Falcao/Cavani are thinking of using them out of position. If they wish to get the most out of their talent they should be thinking of what top teams are going to play to their strengths. With regards to agents we have to remember that they work FOR the player. The player is the ultimate decision maker and if he wants more money then good for him even if it hurts us as a football audience. I would have loved to see Asamoah Gyan playing for a better club instead of playing in Arabia but I can't fault him if he wants the money.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
110% wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Cavani the best CF.

Sure but it seemed like the old Eto was dead. And Villa did a decent job for Barcelona as well but compared to what you would expect from somebody of his talent it felt like he was underused.

I doubt anybody who is looking for Falcao/Cavani are thinking of using them out of position. If they wish to get the most out of their talent they should be thinking of what top teams are going to play to their strengths. With regards to agents we have to remember that they work FOR the player. The player is the ultimate decision maker and if he wants more money then good for him even if it hurts us as a football audience. I would have loved to see Asamoah Gyan playing for a better club instead of playing in Arabia but I can't fault him if he wants the money.

Agreed. But it can happen. Like for Uruguay, Cavani gets pushed to the wing to accommodate Suarez - which is silly, they should be doing the other way around...
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
110% wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Cavani the best CF.

I would love to see Gyan play more too. African tears taste sooo good. <Ale>

Loser.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Just been reading that the prince of Monaco owns 33% of Monaco as well, he earns approximately £7 billion per year. So these guys are seriously rich, richer than Chelsea for example. Whether they are willing to spend the same kind of money as them remains to be seen. The likes of Anzhi haven't spent all that much have they ? Apart from a few marque signings like Eto'o and Willian they been signing pretty average players.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 11, 2013 11:45 am

These stats back up what I said the other day, that Falcao has a better first touch, better close control while dribbling and more accurate shooting :

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3997&sid=38d2e31e0e4541a1812a320d9ea22a3d&start=640

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2512&start=380

-----------------------Falcao------------Cavani

Technique(first touch)---84-----------------81
Dribble Accuracy---------83-----------------81
Shot accuracy------------95-----------------88
Heading accuracy---------97*-----------------85

*By far the best in the world at this.

Cavani is class but Falcao is one of the best striker ever IMO. Even if he hasn't proved it yet, he is a special player.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Mon May 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Here is a article explaining just who owns Falcao.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1e8ncw/explaining_the_falcao_move_to_monaco/

It looks like he has no say where he ends up. After reading that article though, I get the impression that Monaco may be just a stepping stone for him to a bigger club. Possibly a season there and then to Madrid ?
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm

I can't believe you're using those PES stats again.

Cavani's dribble accuracy is clearly an 82.

Actually, what does dribble accuracy even mean? That's definitely not a thing.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Isn't it self evident what dribble accuracy means ? The higher the number the closer the player will keep the ball to his foot when he dribbles.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Mon May 13, 2013 11:14 pm

That's not accuracy.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Tue May 14, 2013 1:02 am

Complain to Konami if you have a problem with it.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue May 14, 2013 9:49 am

Super Mourinho wrote:

Not necessarily true - Loads of times the rich clubs will just buy a player just to prevent anyone else from getting them.

Coentrao, Moses, Shaquiri. are recentish examples.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue May 14, 2013 10:09 am

That proves it then, Falcao is clearly better than Cavani in a video game. <Ale>

Jonah and the Whale wrote:These stats back up what I said the other day, that Falcao has a better first touch, better close control while dribbling and more accurate shooting :

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3997&sid=38d2e31e0e4541a1812a320d9ea22a3d&start=640

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2512&start=380

-----------------------Falcao------------Cavani

Technique(first touch)---84-----------------81
Dribble Accuracy---------83-----------------81
Shot accuracy------------95-----------------88
Heading accuracy---------97*-----------------85

*By far the best in the world at this.

Cavani is class but Falcao is one of the best striker ever IMO. Even if he hasn't proved it yet, he is a special player.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Tue May 14, 2013 11:13 am

It's just other peoples opinion that happen to match mine Bluenine.

L'Equipe is saying that after the agreement with Falcao, Monaco has also reached an agreement with Tevez. Difference here is that they need to settle on a transfer fee with City. But Tevez has already agreed to the transfer.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Monaco-apres-falcao-tevez/370859

He only has one year left on his contract and I am sure his wife will like it much better in Monaco than in Manchester.

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Tue May 14, 2013 11:40 am

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:

Not necessarily true - Loads of times the rich clubs will just buy a player just to prevent anyone else from getting them.

Perhaps I should restate my point.

I doubt any club is willing to spend 50-60 mil Euro in order to keep a world class player from any other club. These numbers are near world records!
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue May 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:

To be fair, Coentrao is our first choice left back.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Tue May 14, 2013 2:48 pm

I doubt Chlesea bough Moses just to prevent other clubs getting him. He's not that good.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Out of the WC after a knee injury he got in a cup game.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Real shame. Colombia have some nice players but without Falcao they probably wouldn't have qualified for the WC. Makes Group C bizarrely wide open IMO.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:39 pm

L'equipe says now Man City are in pole position to sign him. Blut will not like that! Crazy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:50 am