If football had a supposed "Best League In the World"

Jason Jarrett

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-07-24

If football had a supposed "Best League In the World"

Post by Jason Jarrett on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Just a thought,something to ponder over,something that was thrown my way and I'm curious what you guys think of the analogy.If football had a supposed "Best League In the World"........wouldn't the national team of that country then dominate the sport like The United States do with Basketball or like Australia did in cricket a few years back??

Jason Jarrett

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Re: If football had a supposed "Best League In the World"

Post by Jason Jarrett on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Personally I like all four big European Leagues,if there's a big game on from any of them,I'll watch.Each I feel have their own unique strengths and weaknesses,flaws and strong points,I feel its a pity that some people like or don't like certain leagues,you're missing out on great football,so I don't see a "best in the world" and i so agree to a point with that theory.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Jason Jarrett wrote:Just a thought,something to ponder over,something that was thrown my way and I'm curious what you guys think of the analogy.If football had a supposed "Best League In the World"........wouldn't the national team of that country then dominate the sport like The United States do with Basketball or like Australia did in cricket a few years back??

There used to be one. Serie A in the late 80s and early 90s. Almost every top player played there, even though there was a restriction of 6 foreign players per squad. Even the small teams had world stars.

Italy as a NT were good, but not much better than they usually have been.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:45 am