Curses!

EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Curses!

Post by EMP on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm in Valencia looking into the curse to decide who is next on the list to be cursed as some really deserve it. I'm at Mestalla for the match against Real Zaragoza. Will be here for the Valencia derby next week as well and Champion's League match on Tuesday.

If any French are travelling look up Hostal Penalti. It's right next to Mestalla and pretty good value too.

I have an interview with Valencia's Director of Communication too. He has interesting view on financial fair play.
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Curses!

Post by Murray on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Is their new stadium ever going to be finished? Or is it cursed too?
EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Murray wrote:Is their new stadium ever going to be finished? Or is it cursed too?

It has certainly been cursed, but that was addressed in the interview with Damia Vidagany. I'll let you know what he said about later in the week. Still got to transcribe it.

Valencia: Guaita, Cissokho, Rami, Gago, Jonas, Feghouli, Soldado (c), J. Perreira, Viera, Victor Ruiz and Tino Costa
Subs: D. Allves, Barragan, Valdez, Guardado, Dani Parejo, Bernat, C. Delgado.

Real Zaragoza: Roberto, Paredes (c), Alvaro, H Postiga, Apono, Montanes, , Romaric, , Abraham, Jose Mari, Sapunaru (ex Porto), Victor
Subs: Leo Franco, Movilla, Aranda, Edu Oriol, Loovens (Ex Feyenoord), Stefan, Zuculini.

Match about to start. Attendance is absolutely dreadful!

Edit: They were a bit unlucky to get caught out by the twin idiots Soler and Koeman and the timing. They committed to building it just before they made a mess of their finances. The combination of the financial mismanagement, the new stadium and economic collapse made it impossible to complete. That and the lack of help from local government.

Valencia 1 Zaragoza 0 (Feghouli)

Last edited by EMP on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Valencia aint cursed, they are getting what they deserve. Going bankrupt.
EMP

Post by EMP on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Fey wrote:Valencia aint cursed, they are getting what they deserve. Going bankrupt.

We are doing the cursing, so hush up! Allowing the Dutch in was a terrible move. Koeman and Maduro (awful)
EMP

Post by EMP on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Valencia led 1-0 at half time. Feghouli was sent off after getting injured. Viera scored the second amd los Ches held on to go above Real Mardid at least for now. The ref will be investigated to see if he deserves to be cursed as he denied los Ches a stonewall penalty. He was deservedly booed off at the end.
EMP

Post by EMP on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 pm

@Fey: Valencia have paid off a fair bit of the debt. They are not going to go bankrupt. Even Bancaja has been trying to help. Pity they were so accommodating to those hijos de puta (Soler y Koeman).
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Of course Bancajajajaja is trying to help, they want their feckin money back. So you think it's fair that the most bankrupt club, from the most bankrupt city, from the most bankrupt country in Europe shouldnt get punished? And as a proper populist you even have your own scapegoat jew in Koeman.

I expected more from EMP.
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Fey wrote:Of course Bancajajajaja is trying to help, they want their feckin money back. So you think it's fair that the most bankrupt club, from the most bankrupt city, from the most bankrupt country in Europe shouldnt get punished? And as a proper populist you even have your own scapegoat jew in Koeman.

I expected more from EMP.

No Fey, you've got this all wrong. Bancaja recognised that they could not destroy the club and get their money back, but they took their pound of flesh after providing the gravy train to Soler irresponsibly. Bancaja have a lot to answer for as they irresponsibly loaned money to Soler and other clowns that invested appallingly.

The current Directors are doing a great job and you want to penalise the ones that are acting properly and responsibly. Valencia won't go bankrupt as it is being run well now. A large part of the debt has been repaid. And no Valencia should not be punished unless Real Madrid is first and Barcelona and Manchester United and Liverpool and many others. You support two clubs that were or are in worse debt than us. Punish them properly first and then we can talk about Valencia.

Bancaja have been accommodating now, but were not when it mattered and did not take responsibility for their mess earlier. Just like bankers. Give Llorente some credit. He has drastically reduced the debt. The big problem is Bancaja has its own debts now. The local government made a complete mess of things too.

By the way Valencia supporters are not going to take lectures on fiscal responsibility from supporters of clubs that were bailed out with public resources at above market rate. You support a club that was bailed out with public resources times two. The Communitat de Valencia is only trying to help now when it is too late. It should have supported the club and Levante too.

Koeman and Soler were disastrous. He had no morals then - walked out on contract to get pay-off for six months work. Koeman's tactics purchases and behaviour here was awful. He was a paid hatchet man and still hated. Quique's welcome was wearing thin, but Rafa Benitez, Cuper and even Ranieri are still popular here. Koeman rightly is not.

By the way, your geography is off,. Valencia is not part of Greece. Wink Valencia is not the most bankrupt club in Spain, nor the most bankrupt city. Actually it is doing fine. Tourism is booming again - a lot of Russians here. There is a very interesting story on the club doing the rounds here, but If true you would have hated us even more. Oh, what should have been. I have to check it out.

By the way came across one of your waifs and strays on Saturday. Loovens was on on Zaragoza's bench. Will be at Champion's League match a Mestalla tomorrow. No chance of that under that HdP Koeman. Whatever happened to him? Still unemployed or did he find some lower league club nearer his level? Wink
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Murray wrote:Is their new stadium ever going to be finished? Or is it cursed too?

@ Murray: Damia Vidagany, The Director of Communications at Valencia CF says he thinks the new stadium will be completed in two years.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 pm

EMP wrote:@Fey: Valencia have paid off a fair bit of the debt. They are not going to go bankrupt. Even Bancaja has been trying to help. Pity they were so accommodating to those hijos de puta (Soler y Koeman).

I was skimming this very quickly and at first glance I thought it read "Ever Banega has been trying to help...." and i thought oh god what kind of mischief that could entail. Laughing
EMP

Post by EMP on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Jaime wrote:
EMP wrote:@Fey: Valencia have paid off a fair bit of the debt. They are not going to go bankrupt. Even Bancaja has been trying to help. Pity they were so accommodating to those hijos de puta (Soler y Koeman).

I was skimming this very quickly and at first glance I thought it read "Ever Banega has been trying to help...." and i thought oh god what kind of mischief that could entail. Laughing

he is a legend that proves science wrong. It is possible to exist without a functioning brain. Only he could try stop an expensive car by sticking his leg out! And only he could get a replacement second hand one that mysteriously explodes.

I hope you noticed that the torrential storms in Valencia stopped as soon as I arrived. Glorious sunshine ever since and Valencia win despite the best efforts of Snr Pedro Jesus Perez Montero. Coincidence? I think not. Bought a bottle of Cava today and the bag broke. The bottle hit the pavement and rolled back to me without even a chip on it! Best 2 I ever spent!

The power of the Curse is not to be messed with!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:59 pm