http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20471284

Who's next?
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil manager fired

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:24 pm

There are rumours Brazilian FA may hire for the first time in history a foreign coach: Guardiola.

A Brazilian journalist talked to him and he said: If I coach Brazil, they will win the WC for the 6th time.

Brazilians are divided. Some think it's ridiculous to have a foreign coach; others think it would be great to have the guy who formed the great Bara team as our coach.

I was against firing Mano Menezes. I believed in him.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 pm

The press is talking about:

Guardiola, Tite (Corinthians), Muricy (Santos), Abel Braga (Fluminense), Luxemburgo (Grmio). But the favourite to take over is no one less than the guy who has just relegated Plmeiras to the 2nd division, Scolari, that old bastard.

If I had the power to choose, I'd hire Dunga again. That game against Holland was an accident (and Holland was the most difficult team for Brazil in that WC due to style).
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:48 pm

It says here that Guardiola said Brazil would be the only team that would take him back to coaching right now.

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/24/futbol/futbol_internacional/resto_de_america/1353743091.html
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:57 pm

How would you feel about a foreigner being in charge?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:How would you feel about a foreigner being in charge?

I think it would be an interesting try.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:11 pm

But it would also be interesting to see how a foreign would deal with the pressure. Trainning Brazil is not easy, the press has no mercy.

Guardiola would have to keep in mind that, just like the silver medal in the Olympics was considered a disaster, a second place in the WC would turn him into a disgraceful villain in Brazil. Here reaching the final and losing is the same as being kicked out in the group stages - in Brazilian footballing mentality, second and last are equaly losers (I disagree), and not winning a WC in Brazil would be seen as a fucking big disaster.

On the other hand, if he wins the WC he may become a national hero forever. Yeh, Brazilian football fans suffer from bipolar disorder.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:The press is talking about:

Guardiola, Tite (Corinthians), Muricy (Santos), Abel Braga (Fluminense), Luxemburgo (Grmio). But the favourite to take over is no one less than the guy who has just relegated Plmeiras to the 2nd division, Scolari, that old bastard.

If I had the power to choose, I'd hire Dunga again. That game against Holland was an accident (and Holland was the most difficult team for Brazil in that WC due to style).
ok
However I think Dunga's moment has passed for now.
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Why on earth would you want Dunga again?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Murray wrote:Why on earth would you want Dunga again?

Why on earth wouldn't I after his great job?
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Was about to say Scolari, cause he seems to be your Hiddink. Didnt knew it was him who relegated the green shite. Thought Manezes was allright, after 2010 I thought no way Brazil would win the WC in their own country. But he made a nice team, that is good to watch and with 18 months to go I still think he had plenty of time to make Brazil true competitors again. I dont think Dunga would work with this group, same way Rafa wont work at Chelsea.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:The press is talking about:

Dunga would not succeed in 2014 in my opinion. His counter-attacking style will not work when Brazil is hosting the cup and teams will look to sit back against them.

It was a mistake to fire Menezes, and the petty disputes in Brazil's footballing hierarchy are hindering their chance of success.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:15 am

Mano is a clown.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm

It seems Guardiola is by far the favourite of Brazilians.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 pm

It seems Scolari will be officially announced as the new coach.

Fortunately there's no 2nd division in the WC.

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Lol, I mentioned Scolari for fun. So you sack the guy who got promoted with Corinthians to hire a guy who relegated Palmeiras. Hmmm.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Fey wrote:Lol, I mentioned Scolari for fun. So you sack the guy who got promoted with Corinthians to hire a guy who relegated Palmeiras. Hmmm.

'xactly.
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:01 pm

It's a severe lack of imagination to hire Scolari again. Is there nobody else they could have got?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Murray wrote:It's a severe lack of imagination to hire Scolari again. Is there nobody else they could have got?

They didn't have the guts to hire Guardiola. It owuld be an interesting try.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Murray wrote:It's a severe lack of imagination to hire Scolari again. Is there nobody else they could have got?

They didn't have the guts to hire Guardiola. It owuld be an interesting try.

I think Guardiola is still on holiday, otherwise no way he would have turned down the money abramovich would have thrown at him for managing chelsea
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:It seems Scolari will be officially announced as the new coach.

Fortunately there's no 2nd division in the WC.

lol!
In that case they might as well have chosen Dunga.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 am

Yay this outcome is a let down....

Guardiola would've been really intriguing.
Even if it could've been a story similar to Sacchi's italian NT run.
The ingredients were there: a visionary coach who revolutionizes football and win fuck all at his first hi profile gig, who then quits because he's been worn out by the pressure and stress, who then goes on taking one of the more stressful jobs in whole football, to bring his revolution to the highest stage...
...where he could've found out that it was impossible to recreate the magic of his system with the limited training time, pressure to instant delivery, and diverse players' backgrounds. Leaving success in the hands of episodes and luck instead of his strengths.
Even tho, Guardiola also has an incredible experience as a former player at the highest level that Sacchi lacked and that would've been very useful for the task.

On the other hand, to keep on with italian analogies, Scolari truly risks to do a Trapattoni.....

oh btw
Mongrel Hawk wrote:A Brazilian journalist talked to him and he said: If I coach Brazil, they will win the WC for the 6th time.
That quote is spurious for sure, there's no way a proverbially humble man like Guardiola could've said it.

Re. Dunga, I always loved him and I liked his eurostyle Brazil, but really I wouldn't let anyone who thought that Felipe Melo was a good holding midfielder touch the NT again.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 am

abundance wrote:
oh btw
Mongrel Hawk wrote:A Brazilian journalist talked to him and he said: If I coach Brazil, they will win the WC for the 6th time.
That quote is spurious for sure, there's no way a proverbially humble man like Guardiola could've said it.

Agreed. That's why I said "a journalist said", which is almost the same as saying it's a lie. A lie that was quickly spread through Spanish papers.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 am

Guess Who's Back? Brazilian league player of the year!

If he keeps his form, I think big Phil will call him up again! I'm not saying that he should, but he will...

Now I know how it felt to be German in 2006. Having an average squad that will never live up to the tradition is awful. We just don't have a single one world class defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder or striker. And brazilian 'pundits' complain about Fifa Balon d'Or shortlist because according to them Neymar is better than Iniesta Doh

BTW, Ronaldinho, wonderkid Bernard, and more than 60,000 crazy fans in a brand new stadium that will host six matches during the next World Cup (including a semi final) may be too much for Corinthians in the next Libertadores, Todo!

Very Happy
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Guess Who's Back? Brazilian league player of the year!

If he keeps his form, I think big Phil will call him up again! I'm not saying that he should, but he will...

Now I know how it felt to be German in 2006. Having an average squad that will never live up to the tradition is awful. We just don't have a single one world class defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder or striker. And brazilian 'pundits' complain about Fifa Balon d'Or shortlist because according to them Neymar is better than Iniesta Doh

BTW, Ronaldinho, wonderkid Bernard, and more than 60,000 crazy fans in a brand new stadium that will host six matches during the next World Cup (including a semi final) may be too much for Corinthians in the next Libertadores, Todo!

Very Happy

Yeh, current Brazil remind me of Germany in 2006.

We'll see about Libertadores. I still remember last time we met, before we lost to Palmeiras.

Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 pm