U-21 European Championship 2013

Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Mller, Gtze, Neuer, Gndogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: U-21 European Championship 2013

Post by Kroos on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:01 am

i know everyone believes their younsters are special especially the germans, but talent wise,gundogan,gotze and kroos has nothing on those three.

sry we talk about U21 levelRolling Eyes

thiago is hopeless, losing the ball against bayern, which ended in a goal

isco is poor mens gtze

Very Happy

reus, mller > any spanish wide player

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by  on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:55 pm

what does it take to SACK Adrion, me wonders ?
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:43 pm

DD wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:
bluenine wrote:
When you lose a game youre always unlucky. But we didnt deserve it today because we were the much better team, Pot told uefa.com.

It was a good game and we were the much better team. Only one team deserved to win and that was us.

Its very hard to take when you are the better team. I spoke to the players after the game and I congratulated on the football they played and their mentality, but its not always the team who deserves to win that does win.

Anyone wants to know why Holland never win anything - that is why. Their coaches and players are always on denial. Its a perpetual state of burying their heads up each others asses and blowing smoke up there. Razz

But seriously, those kind of comments by the coach can't help the mentality of this next generation of Dutch players...

The dutch didn't take their chances, and they lost. They can have only themselves to blame.
ok
Way to go to take the opinion of one loser to not only tarnish them over one entire country, but also identify it as one of the reasons for systematic failure.

The manager's comments are laughable. But so is the indication of his comments as one of the reasons of the countries failures. In all the years I followed football, that's the first time I hear it from a manager-type role or someone involved in Dutch football. From drunk fair weather punters and perhaps a clueless panelist yes, but show me one country who doesn't have those.
If anything the Dutch are brutal in their assessment of failure, don't blame the opponent, the referee, or penalties for that matter, yet always give the opponent their kudos. We only get up and try again. If anything they have too much a Calvinistic (sober) approach to things instead of being angry.
When you fail, you fail; football is not a game of chance. He's being rightfully laughed at.

You're way off.

<Ale>

The stuff I wrote before the "Razz" was a bit tongue in cheek, I don't believe that literally myself... the serious part of my post starts after "But seriously..."

However, it has to be said that there is sometimes the tendency, specially among the Spanish & the Dutch, to brush away defeats as "bad luck" and "undeserved"... this is not the first time, I remember some of the reactions after the Euro 2000 semi final.
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Well bluenine, as much as I cherish that victory over Holland at Euro2000, Italy did ride their luck. Yes, Italy were dogged in defending, and yes Holland have themselves to blame for missing penalty after penalty, but they were hugely unlucky. Stronger case in that match than the one on Saturday.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:33 pm

If only Holland had HSWHW instead of Bergkamp or Kluivert back then...still would have lost against France though me thinks.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Let's be clear, given we all pretty much agree that Chelsea fluked their way to the CL last season (yes of course Barca SHOULD have scored more goals and that penalty, or Bayern bottled it in the final - but ultimately, Chelsea rode their misfortune like a cowboy hanging onto a bucking bronco by his fingertips):

What the Italians did against the Dutch in 2000 was hang onto that same bronco thanks solely to a sudden change in the Earth's gravity - they were BEYOND fortunate that Holland completely and utterly lost the ability to put a ball in the back of the net from 12yards. It was definitely more a game the Dutch contrived to lose than Italy managed to win
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 am

Looking forward to the final tonight. Italy have to make sure they're efficient on the counter.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:22 am

Romford Pele wrote:Looking forward to the final tonight. Italy have to make sure they're efficient on the counter.

I hope and pray Gabbiadini gets a start... Italy look far more potent with him and Immobile in attack, and Insigne behind them.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:33 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Well bluenine, as much as I cherish that victory over Holland at Euro2000, Italy did ride their luck. Yes, Italy were dogged in defending, and yes Holland have themselves to blame for missing penalty after penalty, but they were hugely unlucky. Stronger case in that match than the one on Saturday.

That is the point - Holland had themselves to blame in Euro 2000. Not taking away from a great performance by the Dutch in that game, and some brilliant defending by Italy, Holland were the form team playing against 10 men for 90 minutes at home. They didn't score, and lost. Italy were lucky? Sure. Undeserving? That's bullshit.

Of course, the game last saturday was far more balance, and Italy did not need the lottery of the penalty shootout to win... which is what makes the dutch coaches statements sound even more ridiculous.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 am

Disco Benny wrote:Let's be clear, given we all pretty much agree that Chelsea fluked their way to the CL last season (yes of course Barca SHOULD have scored more goals and that penalty, or Bayern bottled it in the final - but ultimately, Chelsea rode their misfortune like a cowboy hanging onto a bucking bronco by his fingertips):

I find it quite distasteful when anyone claims that Chelsea did not "deserve" to win the CL. IMO they deserved it as much as any other winner.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 pm

bluenine wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Let's be clear, given we all pretty much agree that Chelsea fluked their way to the CL last season (yes of course Barca SHOULD have scored more goals and that penalty, or Bayern bottled it in the final - but ultimately, Chelsea rode their misfortune like a cowboy hanging onto a bucking bronco by his fingertips):

I find it quite distasteful when anyone claims that Chelsea did not "deserve" to win the CL. IMO they deserved it as much as any other winner.
ok
I can't believe people think they can "luck" their way to a Cl title.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:17 pm

I can't believe people think Chelsea was the deserved winner!

Defensive football is not an art! It's a weakness. Defenders are nothing less then rejected footballers!
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Biggrin
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Relying on your opposition to consistently fuck things up isn't deserving in my opinion. Or at the very least something to boast about as a phenomenal success.
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:27 pm

I would put Chelsea's win and Italy's success in that semi-final in very different categories. 2000 was a huge defensive performance, one for the ages against the bottling Dutchies, capped off by a lovely penalty shoot-out with Totti's tasty panenka.

I think luck and Drogba were the main factors for the chavs that hellish night you can quibble about unresolvable issues like whether they "deserved" it, but worst European champions ever? Most certainly, everyone knows it, and as much was confirmed last autumn with their abject CL exit.

Chiniestas Ale
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Italy U21: Bardi; Donati, Bianchetti, Caldirola, Regini; Florenzi, Rossi, Verratti, Insigne; Immobile, Borini

Italy bench: Leali, Colombi, Biraghi, Capuano, Marrone, Bertolacci, Crimi, Gabbiadini, Destro, Sansone, Paloschi, Saponara

Spain U21: De Gea; Montoya, Bartra, Inigo Martinez, Moreno; Koke, Illarramendi, Thiago Alcantara; Tello, Morata, Isco

Spain bench: Marino, Joel, Nacho, Marc Muniesa, Alvaro, Carvajal, Camacho, Sarabia, Rodrigo, Muniain, Alvaro Vazquez

No Gabbiadini, Marrone (injured?), or Saponara for Italy. Huge mistake, Mangia has missed a trick here.
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:25 pm

This kicked off a 5 Yikes

Jewish conspiracy to make me miss the first 20 minutes?
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Roman Aglennovich wrote:This kicked off a 5 Yikes

Jewish conspiracy to make me miss the first 20 minutes?

Great goal by Borini. Florenzi almost scores a similar one.

But everytime Spain attack, they look dangerous. Its too easy to bypass the Italian midfield. I guess the Azzurrini are missing someone like Marrone here.

Great contest so far.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm

If only Borini could play against kids for the rest of his career.

MightyBarca

Number of posts : 860
Supports : Fc Barcelona
Favourite Player : Rivaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Arshavin
Registration date : 2007-03-16

Post by MightyBarca on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:37 pm

it was immobike who scored. is borini playing?
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:I would put Chelsea's win and Italy's success in that semi-final in very different categories. 2000 was a huge defensive performance, one for the ages against the bottling Dutchies, capped off by a lovely penalty shoot-out with Totti's tasty panenka.

I think luck and Drogba were the main factors for the chavs that hellish night you can quibble about unresolvable issues like whether they "deserved" it, but worst European champions ever? Most certainly, everyone knows it, and as much was confirmed last autumn with their abject CL exit.

Chiniestas Ale

Urgh, what rose tinted nonsense. Reeks of the typical hipster 'when an EPL team does it it's lucky but when a Continental team does it it's wonderful defending' revisionism.

Holland bottled countless opportunities in that game, then TWO penalties during the 90 minutes (conceding two penalties = good defending?) and then further penalties in the shoot out. It was only heroic because Italy happened to have 10 men and then held their nerve in the shoot out to go through. So did Chelsea at the Camp Nou.

The reality was Holland had an unusually off day, just as Barcelona and Bayern did against Chelsea, and thus fortune favoured the Italians and Chelsea in those instances. You can of course make a case that because they failed to convert their chances that those teams in question didn't deserve it, but when the opposition contrives to lose the game, it's not one to revise historically as some kind of masterful performance IMO

Tchussss Ale

Last edited by Disco Benny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

MightyBarca

Number of posts : 860
Supports : Fc Barcelona
Favourite Player : Rivaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Arshavin
Registration date : 2007-03-16

Post by MightyBarca on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Hattrick for thiago. Italy are Shit.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Spain are incredibly good at puncturing growing hype. No one can get near them at any level, despite claims from so called challengers in waiting. Marvellous stuff really what this country has managed to do in a decade of building and now exerting utter dominance.

How will Brazil handle it when they get routed on home soil by these 'Peons one wonders?
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:00 pm

not a pk feel sorry for donati he and montoya have been the best rb in the comp so far.
must give credit to the Spanish coach as well he has changed isco and thiago responsibility a bit this game with isco picking up the ball deeper and thiago playing. a bit more advanced as he knew Italy would try to close in on isco has can be seen in the first goal.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm

That was a terrible penalty call to be fair, killed an exciting game. At 3-1, there is no way back for Italy.

Some poor defending, specially for that second goal - the Inter boys Caldirola & Bardi were poor on that one.

Spain are playing awesome tho<Ale>
The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:15 pm

it's disconcerting that Spain are so far ahead at senior level, and then the under 21's walk through this tournament with apparent ease.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:16 pm

La Rojita! cheers
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Borini scores, 4-1 Spain!
The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Maccarone cheers
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Progress! Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:36 pm