Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Share
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Brazil's first game in the mythic Maracană Stadium, totally reformulated to hold the WC big final, will be next year, 2nd of June, against England, before the confed cup.

If I was Puro, I'd say CBF chose England - instead of our neighbours Argentina or Uruguay - to make sure we're gonna win. Since I'm not Puro, I say CBF chose England because they invented the game.

Then, the following week, Brazil will face France in the Mineirăo stadium, that will hold a semi-final game in the WC. And then comes the confed cup, the groups of which will be drawn on Saturday.

avatar
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

I think Puro would be closer to the truth here...
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 pm

There's Only One King wrote:I think Puro would be closer to the truth here...

I don't. We're in a crisis, coach fired, no idea what team we'll have, etc.
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Rosicky on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Every Brazilian i know seems to think Brazil is nailed on to win the world cup in 2014. I cant wait till you fuck it up Ale

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by 110% on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 pm

It is because the greatest goal ever scored at the Maracanna was by an Englishman Wink:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/6546065/John-Barness-goal-against-Brazil-in-1984-was-one-of-the-most-memorable-of-all-time.html
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10192
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Murray on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:57 pm



Doesn't look like it will be ready in time
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 am

Rosicky wrote:Every Brazilian i know seems to think Brazil is nailed on to win the world cup in 2014. I cant wait till you fuck it up Ale

You're completely wrong here. The general opinion in Brazil is that we're doomed to possibly the most shameful WC ever. That's the exact reason why the coach was fired (popular preassure after watching a mediocre team which bores you to tears). I had never seen such a poor moment for Brazil since I began to watch WCs in 1986.

Take the striker position for instance. I grew up watching Careca. Then we had Romário. And then Ronaldo. Now we gotta deal with Pato, Fred or Luis Fabiano. You got the picture? They are very far bellow Brazil's level. It's the first WC I don't think we have a good chance of winning (and most Brazilians are sure we won't).

avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 am

Murray wrote:

Doesn't look like it will be ready in time

lol!

I hope they will.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Rosicky wrote:Every Brazilian i know seems to think Brazil is nailed on to win the world cup in 2014. I cant wait till you fuck it up Ale

You're completely wrong here. The general opinion in Brazil is that we're doomed to possibly the most shameful WC ever. That's the exact reason why the coach was fired (popular preassure after watching a mediocre team which bores you to tears). I had never seen such a poor moment for Brazil since I began to watch WCs in 1986.

Take the striker position for instance. I grew up watching Careca. Then we had Romário. And then Ronaldo. Now we gotta deal with Pato, Fred or Luis Fabiano. You got the picture? They are very far bellow Brazil's level. It's the first WC I don't think we have a good chance of winning (and most Brazilians are sure we won't).


Neymar not included as one of the strikers?
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Rosicky wrote:Every Brazilian i know seems to think Brazil is nailed on to win the world cup in 2014. I cant wait till you fuck it up Ale

You're completely wrong here. The general opinion in Brazil is that we're doomed to possibly the most shameful WC ever. That's the exact reason why the coach was fired (popular preassure after watching a mediocre team which bores you to tears). I had never seen such a poor moment for Brazil since I began to watch WCs in 1986.

Take the striker position for instance. I grew up watching Careca. Then we had Romário. And then Ronaldo. Now we gotta deal with Pato, Fred or Luis Fabiano. You got the picture? They are very far bellow Brazil's level. It's the first WC I don't think we have a good chance of winning (and most Brazilians are sure we won't).


Neymar not included as one of the strikers?

By striker I mean centre-forward. Neymar is a winger (and he's certainly our hope in attack, cause he's today our only player that takes responsibility and decides games).


But Neymar alone can't win a WC, just like Messi couldn't with Argentina.

In 2002 we had Ronaldinho, Rivaldo at his top, Ronaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lúcio... You see the difference. Our players today are nowhere near their technical level. Brazilian football is in a technical crisis as I had never seen.
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Ronaldo has just said "Brazilian football is maybe in its worst moment in history."

He said we are in a dry season. We had an excelent generation that retired and now we're waiting for the next, cause the present generation is not on the level of the many extraordinary past generations.

http://www.lancenet.com.br/futebol/Ronaldo-dispara-pior-futebol_0_819518106.html

avatar
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
There's Only One King wrote:I think Puro would be closer to the truth here...

I don't. We're in a crisis, coach fired, no idea what team we'll have, etc.

avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 36
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:27 am

Sandro is Brazilian

Sandro is a bona fide hashtag legend

thus Brazil are bona fide hashtag legends

i hope brazil win the world cup on home soil. the party would be viewable from space.and i expect to be there
avatar
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Sandro is Brazilian

Sandro is a bona fide hashtag legend

thus Brazil are bona fide hashtag legends

i hope brazil win the world cup on home soil. the party would be viewable from space.and i expect to be there

Sandro is great, but nothing can stop ARGENTINA in 2014.








Except any side with a half decent attack that will absolutely destroy our awful, slow defence.
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 am

I'd bet my money on Argentina for the next WC. It's Messi's time now.

I'm just sad Tevez isn't being called. My favourite player to watch.


Gaucho Spur wrote:
Disco Benny wrote:Sandro is Brazilian

Sandro is a bona fide hashtag legend

thus Brazil are bona fide hashtag legends

i hope brazil win the world cup on home soil. the party would be viewable from space.and i expect to be there

Sandro is great, but nothing can stop ARGENTINA in 2014.








Except any side with a half decent attack that will absolutely destroy our awful, slow defence.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Everything that is wrong with humanity in a nutshell...




http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball-wm-2014/wm-2014/grosse-sitzplaetze-fuer-uebergewichtige-fans-29393218.bild.html


There will be extra big seats in Brazil 2014 for fatties attending the match. The seats will withstand 250kg. To actually get one of those seats, fans have to prove that their BMI is over 30...
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10192
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Murray on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:53 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Everything that is wrong with humanity in a nutshell...




http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball-wm-2014/wm-2014/grosse-sitzplaetze-fuer-uebergewichtige-fans-29393218.bild.html


There will be extra big seats in Brazil 2014 for fatties attending the match. The seats will withstand 250kg. To actually get one of those seats, fans have to prove that their BMI is over 30...

Is that seat for Ronaldo?

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by 110% on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Seems like Brasilians are having some kind of obesity problem.

The good news is that the fatties will have to pay double
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10192
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Murray on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:27 pm

The Maracana is flooded

avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 pm

What's this about the Brazil goalkeeper who chopped up his mrs and fed her to his dogs?
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:30 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:What's this about the Brazil goalkeeper who chopped up his mrs and fed her to his dogs?

You`re late, mate. Old story.

The story is long, so I won`t tell you in details, but I can say he`s being judged and he used to play for Flamengo and was a reserve in the national team before the last WC. Excelent keeper, but a psycho.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by christmasborocooper on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Fair enough ok just popped up on a news feed.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by EMP on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:06 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
christmasborocooper wrote:What's this about the Brazil goalkeeper who chopped up his mrs and fed her to his dogs?

You`re late, mate. Old story.

The story is long, so I won`t tell you in details, but I can say he`s being judged and he used to play for Flamengo and was a reserve in the national team before the last WC. Excelent keeper, but a psycho.

He has been convicted and sentenced to 22 years.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by EMP on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:57 am

Puro: An explanation please!

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/people/united-states/6690/freddy-adu
avatar
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 pm

The Brazilian league is attracting global superstars is the explanation there, EMP.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm

Jesus, didn't realise how many clubs he's been at. The most overhyped player ever surely?
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Puro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:18 pm

EMP wrote:Puro: An explanation please!

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/people/united-states/6690/freddy-adu

An explanation regarding Adu playing in Brasil?
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by EMP on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Puro wrote:
EMP wrote:Puro: An explanation please!

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/people/united-states/6690/freddy-adu

An explanation regarding Adu playing in Brasil?

Yes. Do you think that Adu is top quality player that Brazil should want? If so, why? He was hyped as the next big thing when he first emerged, but did nothing of note in Europe. Then went back to USA, but not a big team and now Brasil. Is he top talent any more and what does his signing say about Brasil attracting top talent?
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Puro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:32 pm

[quote="EMP"]
Puro wrote:
Yes. Do you think that Adu is top quality player that Brazil should want? If so, why? He was hyped as the next big thing when he first emerged, but did nothing of note in Europe. Then went back to USA, but not a big team and now Brasil. Is he top talent any more and what does his signing say about Brasil attracting top talent?

I think Philadelphia and Bahia probably thought "we have players who have struggled, let's see if a change of scenery can do them any good". Thus Kléberson goes to Philadelphia and Adu to Bahia.

EMP, if Adu were jewish like Beckham, then he would've played in the same teams Beckham landed to sell T-shirts. Unlucky Adu, never had the HUGE PROPAGANDA team behind him to fool the Asians. TFS!
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by EMP on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:19 pm

[quote="Puro"]
EMP wrote:
Puro wrote:
Yes. Do you think that Adu is top quality player that Brazil should want? If so, why? He was hyped as the next big thing when he first emerged, but did nothing of note in Europe. Then went back to USA, but not a big team and now Brasil. Is he top talent any more and what does his signing say about Brasil attracting top talent?

I think Philadelphia and Bahia probably thought "we have players who have struggled, let's see if a change of scenery can do them any good". Thus Kléberson goes to Philadelphia and Adu to Bahia.

EMP, if Adu were jewish like Beckham, then he would've played in the same teams Beckham landed to sell T-shirts. Unlucky Adu, never had the HUGE PROPAGANDA team behind him to fool the Asians. TFS!

When does this player is struggling (again and again and again) become he's a bust?

You may not think Beckham is a great player - that's your right - but in which parallel universe is Adu a match for him in terms of talent or anything else? Adu has had ample opportunities in several leagues and he has not delivered. How many free passes does he need?

Sponsored content

Re: Brazil - England to inaugurate new Maracană

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:58 pm