African Cup of Nations 2013

Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: African Cup of Nations 2013

Post by Rosicky on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:42 pm

EMP wrote:
Rosicky wrote:Nobody there. You'd get a bigger crowd if this was held in the UK.

Sleep

Its true. Its empty. Its game between two of the biggest teams in Africa and the stadium is barely a 1/4 full.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:48 pm

EMP wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
EMP wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
EMP wrote:
Kimbo wrote:Aww Cape Verde lost Sad

South Africa too. Let's see how that affects attendances.

Maybe the Vuvuzela wankers will fuck off?

Live and let live Kimbo. It is part of their football culture. Doesn't seem to affect the players.

Live and let them ruin the competition like they did the world cup.

And chinston is right, there's alot of empty seats out there, people are clearly put off by these Vuvuselas. Imagine a world cup in Scotchland where everyone brings a fucking bagpipe.

You're wrong Kimbo. It is the local people that bring them and its accepted and appreciated here. There are reasons for empty seats. Nelspruit and Rustenburg stadius are in the middle of nowhere and the traffic control is simply ludicrous to put it mildly!

That's cool, if the locals like it then that's ok, it is the African cup afterall, but lets never have another WORLD CUP in Africa. <Ale>
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Kimbo wrote:
EMP wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
EMP wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
EMP wrote:
Kimbo wrote:Aww Cape Verde lost Sad

South Africa too. Let's see how that affects attendances.

Maybe the Vuvuzela wankers will fuck off?

Live and let live Kimbo. It is part of their football culture. Doesn't seem to affect the players.

Live and let them ruin the competition like they did the world cup.

And chinston is right, there's alot of empty seats out there, people are clearly put off by these Vuvuselas. Imagine a world cup in Scotchland where everyone brings a fucking bagpipe.

You're wrong Kimbo. It is the local people that bring them and its accepted and appreciated here. There are reasons for empty seats. Nelspruit and Rustenburg stadius are in the middle of nowhere and the traffic control is simply ludicrous to put it mildly!

That's cool, if the locals like it then that's ok, it is the African cup afterall, but lets never have another WORLD CUP in [u]South[u] Africa. <Ale>

There fixed it for you. No charge. <Ale>
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:01 pm

How does the rest of Africa feel about bee noises?
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Drogba and the ivory coast failed again?
EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Kimbo wrote:How does the rest of Africa feel about bee noises?

They get with the spirit of it here, but it is not the tradition or culture in many other countries. Many favour percussion. Expect some noise in Morocco two years from now. The others respect SA tradition.
EMP

Post by EMP on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:36 pm

messiah wrote:The ivory coast, including Drogba, failed again.

Fixed the emphasis for you. It's a team game.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:02 pm

EMP wrote:

They get with the spirit of it here, but it is not the tradition or culture in many other countries. Many favour percussion. Expect some noise in Morocco two years from now. The others respect SA tradition.

What spirit?

Red card

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

Goal

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZz

Streaker

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Late winner

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZ
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Kimbo wrote:
EMP wrote:

What spirit?

Red card

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

Goal

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZz

Streaker

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Late winner

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZ

Laughing

German fan support is basically the same though. Always the same sound.

Anyway, it's weird that bee sounds are okay, but monkey sounds are frowned upon in football. Double standard says I.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Rosicky wrote:
EMP wrote:
Rosicky wrote:Nobody there. You'd get a bigger crowd if this was held in the UK.

Sleep

Its true. Its empty. Its game between two of the biggest teams in Africa and the stadium is barely a 1/4 full.

Did you not see some of the crowds at the Olympics?

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:10 pm

EMP

Post by EMP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 pm

EMP

Post by EMP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:35 pm

So what do people think of Nigeria's win and more importantly Burkina Faso's? No doubt that expert on African football that calls himself Rosicky sees it as proof of African football getting worse rather than the 'lesser' teams getting better. Burkina have been very good and have got there on merit in as hard a way as could have been dumped on them. Yesterday they conquered Ghana's 12 man team (not Ghana's fault). The referee was a complete disgrace.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:04 pm

More importantly, did the Zambian hookers deliver on their promise?

Best of luck to Burkina Faso in the final!

Last edited by Gaucho Spur on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Gaucho Spur wrote:More importantly, did the Zambian hookers deliver on their promise?

Best ofl uck to Burkina Faso in the final!

Yes, are the prostitutes in Africa honourable?

If yes, then best of luck to Nigeria, if no then best of luck to Burkina Faso
EMP

Post by EMP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:54 pm

110% wrote:
Gaucho Spur wrote:More importantly, did the Zambian hookers deliver on their promise?

Best ofl uck to Burkina Faso in the final!

Yes, are the prostitutes in Africa honourable?

If yes, then best of luck to Nigeria, if no then best of luck to Burkina Faso

The whores of Africa are honourable women - at least the Zambian ones. Not sure about the Nigerian ones though.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm

It's probably an e-mail scam...knowing them Nigerians.

Anyway, shame to see our Afeyrika-Korps failed to deliver the goods once again. Thank god, the homefront is at least a lot more safe thanks to the Fey-Jugend.
EMP

Post by EMP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Fey wrote:It's probably an e-mail scam...knowing them Nigerians.

Anyway, shame to see our Afeyrika-Korps failed to deliver the goods once again. Thank god, the homefront is at least a lot more safe thanks to the Fey-Jugend.

What exactly have the home-based Fey jugend delivered so far?
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:11 pm

EMP wrote:So what do people think of Nigeria's win and more importantly Burkina Faso's? No doubt that expert on African football that calls himself Rosicky sees it as proof of African football getting worse rather than the 'lesser' teams getting better. Burkina have been very good and have got there on merit in as hard a way as could have been dumped on them. Yesterday they conquered Ghana's 12 man team (not Ghana's fault). The referee was a complete disgrace.

It's been a real positive for Nigerians this tournament - definitely a step in the right direction for sure. I think the move to integrate more home-grown based players has definitely worked a treat. Like many things, it's about striking the right balance and I think Keshi has definitely done that. The three Chelsea players have been hugely impressive. I really like the look of Omeruo. Wonder if S4P knows much about him?

Emenike is awesome but i'm sure a lot of people knew that before the tournament. Expect him to get an EPL move soon.

I would've said the final would've been 50:50 but with Pitroipa and Alain Traore both missing, the odds are hugely stacked in our favour. I'm not getting over-confident though, still a tad nervous about this final.

I'd say Pitroipa and Moses have been the best players in this tournament. I wonder why it didn't work our for the former at Hamburg though.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 pm

We already have a big surprise champion last year so I hope Nigeria gets it because I want them to grow a little and this would help them big time. To be honest given Nigeria's troubles since...forever it is a bit of a surprise that they have finally gotten things together but I'm happy they have because at the moment we only have Ghana and Ivory Coast since Cameroon+Egypt seems dead now so good to see.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm

I do hope we get it too. I am being bias of course, but with the country's infrastructure, money, population etc, it's about time they got their act together. First final in 13 years FFS! We should be no.1 in Africa bar none.

I was very impressed with the way we swamped Ivory Coast. I was expecting a more progressive performance, but it was pretty much domination from start to finish. Let's hope this is the start of something good because there are a lot of young players in the team - by Nigerian standards anyway Wink
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
EMP wrote:So what do people think of Nigeria's win and more importantly Burkina Faso's? No doubt that expert on African football that calls himself Rosicky sees it as proof of African football getting worse rather than the 'lesser' teams getting better. Burkina have been very good and have got there on merit in as hard a way as could have been dumped on them. Yesterday they conquered Ghana's 12 man team (not Ghana's fault). The referee was a complete disgrace.

It's been a real positive for Nigerians this tournament - definitely a step in the right direction for sure. I think the move to integrate more home-grown based players has definitely worked a treat. Like many things, it's about striking the right balance and I think Keshi has definitely done that. The three Chelsea players have been hugely impressive. I really like the look of Omeruo. Wonder if S4P knows much about him?

Emenike is awesome but i'm sure a lot of people knew that before the tournament. Expect him to get an EPL move soon.

I would've said the final would've been 50:50 but with Pitroipa and Alain Traore both missing, the odds are hugely stacked in our favour. I'm not getting over-confident though, still a tad nervous about this final.

I'd say Pitroipa and Moses have been the best players in this tournament. I wonder why it didn't work our for the former at Hamburg though.

You haven't heard. Referee Slim Jdidi has apologised, admitting that he got it wrong. The way has been cleared for CAF to to rescind the red card allowing Pitroipa to play. Cannot understand why it is necessary for a referee to admit he got it wrong when it is patently obvious that he did.

It is almost certain that Jdidi will be investigated after the tournament. The South African referee Daniel Bennett was effectively sent home earlier (told he won't be officiating again) after Togo v Tunisia farce. The only other one being looked at is the Egyptian that gave Zambia a penalty against Nigeria. Enyeama said that was a soft decision. One more should be looked at. How on earth was Daouda not sent off after handling in 6th minute or so against Mali. Bet Sian wouldn't have got those wrong. Wink

Last edited by EMP on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:We already have a big surprise champion last year so I hope Nigeria gets it because I want them to grow a little and this would help them big time. To be honest given Nigeria's troubles since...forever it is a bit of a surprise that they have finally gotten things together but I'm happy they have because at the moment we only have Ghana and Ivory Coast since Cameroon+Egypt seems dead now so good to see.

Huh? Bit early to write off everyone else. Burkina have got to this final playing with the same hunger and intensity that Zambia did last year. Egypt are far from finished. The infrastructures are still there and their problem is the suspension of the league plus the continued political problems, but others are coping. Egypt's biggest problem was the ludicrous decision to appoint Bob Bradley.

Bradley out! Grr Grr Grr
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 pm

EMP wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:

You haven't heard. Referee Sidi Jdidi has apologised, admitting that he got it wrong. The way has been cleared for CAF to to rescind the red card allowing Pitroipa to play. Cannot understand why it is necessary for a referee to admit he got it wrong when it is patently obvious that he did.

It is almost certain that Jdidi will be investigated after the tournament. The South African referee Daniel Bennett was effectively sent home earlier (told he won't be officiating again) after Togo v Tunisia farce. The only other one being looked at is the Egyptian that gave Zambia a penalty against Nigeria. Enyeama said that was a soft decision. One more should be looked at. How on earth was Daouda not sent off after handling in 6th minute or so against Mali. Bet Sian wouldn't have got those wrong. Wink

Shocked The game takes on a huge different outlook now. Pitroipa is awesome. Like Gervinho with end product. I presume he'll be playing off Bance like he did in the semi's? Bance was hugely impressive as well. Reminded me of Adebayor in that season he got 30 goals for us. Should be interesting, i'd still make us slight favourites though.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Well regardless of how they did it the most important thing is that for once Nigeria looked more like a team. I only catched parts of the game but it was still obvious.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:52 pm

EMP wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:We already have a big surprise champion last year so I hope Nigeria gets it because I want them to grow a little and this would help them big time. To be honest given Nigeria's troubles since...forever it is a bit of a surprise that they have finally gotten things together but I'm happy they have because at the moment we only have Ghana and Ivory Coast since Cameroon+Egypt seems dead now so good to see.

Huh? Bit early to write off everyone else. Burkina have got to this final playing with the same hunger and intensity that Zambia did last year. Egypt are far from finished. The infrastructures are still there and their problem is the suspension of the league plus the continued political problems, but others are coping. Egypt's biggest problem was the ludicrous decision to appoint Bob Bradley.

Bradley out! Grr Grr Grr
I have never said Burkina Faso doesn't deserve to be there. What I'm saying is that I hope Nigeria wins for reasons that have to do with Nigeria and the need of good teams in Africa. Burkina Faso will probably not be a top team for years to come.

We will see about Egypt in the coming years but they have never been able to even qualify so their credentials are a bit overhyped.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm not sure about EMP's love-in with Egypt. As you say Super, they don't even reach WCs.
EMP

Post by EMP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Romford Pele wrote:I'm not sure about EMP's love-in with Egypt. As you say Super, they don't even reach WCs.

They lost a one-off play-off by a narrow margin to miss out on the World Cup. They avenged that loss 4-0 in the African Cup of Nations of 2010 on their way to winning it. Their football infrastructures were damaged in 2011 and they had other things to worry about in 2011 and 12. Their revolution was being betrayed. For this years tournament their league was suspended following the Port Said disturbances. I'll bet most countries would struggle to qualify when coping with that - a national team that has no match practice or match fitness. Judge them when their structures and league return to normal.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Miiiiiido!

Forgive my ignorance, but wasn't even aware Burkina Faso was a country. Sounds more like an exotic sexual position. Hence, I shall be supporting them in the final against the email scammers.

EMP

Post by EMP on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:43 am

Disco Benny wrote:Miiiiiido!

Forgive my ignorance, but wasn't even aware Burkina Faso was a country. Sounds more like an exotic sexual position. Hence, I shall be supporting them in the final against the email scammers.

It used to be known as Upper Volta. I think they have been a revelation and under-estimated by all opponents. There's talk that the refereeing in Ghana match was so bad that it amounts to match-fixing. There were some very poor decisions and that ref is going to face investigation. Interresting that the ref that missed the hand-ball against Daouda - should have been red got away with it. It's just two that have been effectively sent home - Jdidi and Bennett.

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/item/203225-referee-admits-mistake-jonathan-pitroipa-set-to-play-in-final

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:46 pm