Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Share

Poll

Is Mourinho's management style now outdated at the highest level?

[ 5 ]
71% [71%] 
[ 2 ]
29% [29%] 

Total Votes: 7
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

His tenure at Madrid has been a utter failure, he has only challenged for the league title once in 3 seasons and has been tactically outsmarted every season in the Champions League.

He was always more of a motivator than a tactician and his time at Madrid has shown just how incompetent he is tactically.He has been exposed badly. He has so much talent and money at his disposal and he has shown he was unable to create a great team, instead the team he has built isn't even a team in the truest sense of the word. Instead Real Madrid are a bunch of world class individuals totally unorganized, defensively suspect and a team that plays one dimensional shit on a stick football. His only trick is his "us against the world" tactic and at a club like Madrid that doesn't cut it, as they aren't the underdog they are probably the biggest club in the world.

Tonight against Dortmund it was hilarious seeing how clueless this idiot is, Madrid have better players than Dortmund but it looks Mourinho sent his team out on the pitch totally unprepared. Madrids fans must be fuming seeing their team play this kind of football after all that money spent.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:02 pm

It's the end of an era! Oh no wait Moudrid's era never took off.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:05 pm

He will win 1/2 more cl before he is done, but is time in Spain has long shown up what I have been saying all along, he is shit tactically
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Jaime on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:07 pm

messiah wrote:It's the end of an era! Oh no wait Moudrid's era never took off.

You stole this from twitter!!!! Laughing
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:It's the end of an era! Oh no wait Moudrid's era never took off.

You stole this from twitter!!!! Laughing

No I saw it somewhere else
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:16 pm

What's more is Madrid sacrificed some of their football philosophy by appointing Mourinho and they haven't been awarded with success. Mourinhos playing style and antics off the field have damaged Madrids reputation, they used to be a club that played good football on the pitch with a lot of dignity off it. Under Mourinho they have been the opposite... so Madrid are now back to square one. Looks like you need a new manager and a overhaul of the squad in the summer.
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 am

http://www.goallegacy.net/t29917p18-is-jose-mourinho-s-coaching-style-dead-is-it-the-end-of-an-era

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by 110% on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am

why are you quoting from a forum which you say is full of kids and from which you have been banned?
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 pm

110% wrote:why are you quoting from a forum which you say is full of kids and from which you have been banned?

Good forum, thanks for showing me it mate. <Ale>
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed May 01, 2013 12:40 pm



So that's that. Ultimately he failed.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by bluenine on Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 pm

3 consecutive CL semi final appearances, one league title win out of 3 against arguably one of the best teams ever. Yes, this sounds like the end of Mourinho.

I think the hallmark of a great coach is consistency, and Mou has done ok at Madrid apart from the domestic performance this season. No one expected Mou to triumph over this Barca side, expecting domestic domination was unrealistic. In the CL, Real have shown much better consistency than the few years before Mou. I wouldn't call his Madrid stint a success, but I don't think its been such a failure either.

Haters will hate, but Mou is still one of the best coaches in Europe. I would welcome him back at Inter without blinking, if only we could afford him.
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed May 01, 2013 1:11 pm

But it's the fact he only challenged for the league title once in three years. So he hasn't really been consistent has he? Not for the money and talent he has had at his disposal.

In the CL, overall he has gone crashing out against the first top team he has come up against. The exception being Man United, who I may add looked like going through until going down to 10 men.Mourinho has been tactically outclassed in Europe, his team has more often than not looked average against other top teams. This, added to the damage he has caused Real Madrids reputation and image makes his tenure a failure IMO.

He was hired to win the CL. Make no mistake about it and he has failed.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Jaime on Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Outdated is maybe not the right word. Because he did win with Madrid just not the ultimate prize. I don't share his philosophy personally, but you can't argue with 3 CL semifinals on the trot. Last year going out on penalties. This year, so close but so far away. Ultimately the reason why he has failed in Madrid is because he never won over the players. There isn't any one in Madrid who will still be calling Jose "daddy" after he leaves. It's partially Jose's fault. It's partially the players fault. People have over blown the situation with Carbonero. Jose was paranoid about the media long before her comments earlier in the season. But I think it comes down to the following: when he was at Chelsea they hadn't won anything ever. Inter ok they won some dodgy scudettos but always they'd been CL failures. Which is perfect because Jose believes that his way is the only way to win. And it's easier to convince players that didn't win anything that his way is the way to win. In Madrid you had plenty of players, especially the important ones, that had won CLs and WCs, and Euros by playing a different way. Everyone tried to make it work but it is impossible to continue working like this for a long time.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 01, 2013 2:26 pm

bluenine wrote:3 consecutive CL semi final appearances, one league title win out of 3 against arguably one of the best teams ever. Yes, this sounds like the end of Mourinho.

I think the hallmark of a great coach is consistency, and Mou has done ok at Madrid apart from the domestic performance this season. No one expected Mou to triumph over this Barca side, expecting domestic domination was unrealistic. In the CL, Real have shown much better consistency than the few years before Mou. I wouldn't call his Madrid stint a success, but I don't think its been such a failure either.

Haters will hate, but Mou is still one of the best coaches in Europe. I would welcome him back at Inter without blinking, if only we could afford him.

Jaime wrote:Outdated is maybe not the right word. Because he did win with Madrid just not the ultimate prize. I don't share his philosophy personally, but you can't argue with 3 CL semifinals on the trot. Last year going out on penalties. This year, so close but so far away. Ultimately the reason why he has failed in Madrid is because he never won over the players. There isn't any one in Madrid who will still be calling Jose "daddy" after he leaves. It's partially Jose's fault. It's partially the players fault. People have over blown the situation with Carbonero. Jose was paranoid about the media long before her comments earlier in the season. But I think it comes down to the following: when he was at Chelsea they hadn't won anything ever. Inter ok they won some dodgy scudettos but always they'd been CL failures. Which is perfect because Jose believes that his way is the only way to win. And it's easier to convince players that didn't win anything that his way is the way to win. In Madrid you had plenty of players, especially the important ones, that had won CLs and WCs, and Euros by playing a different way. Everyone tried to make it work but it is impossible to continue working like this for a long time.
Mourinho's big quality was handling the players but apart from the first season the relationship between the players hasn't been good. Ultimately that sort of thing matters more than tactics in the long run. If they aren't committed to the plans then it doesn't matter how good the plan is. That is why I have been so impressed with Heynckes at Bayern. He has gotten players like Ribery and Robben to do the dirty work. I doubt he could really do that with Ronaldo but it is still very very impressive and crucial. But that is ultimately something Mourinho wasn't able to recreate. There will be no scenes like this one:



I also think it is dangerous to go back to Chelsea because they are set up similarly to us in many ways. I can't see him turning that side into a good defensive side unless he is willing to buy new Cb's and Cm's. If Abramovich is willing to change style and pay for that change then he will succed but in truth he should have never second guessed him with Shevchenko+Ballack plus going back to an old club doesn't go well that often. He would be better off at City.
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Fri May 17, 2013 11:49 pm



Whoop

Mourinho gifting Atletico their first win against Real Madrid in 14 years. In the CUP FINAL. The most important game against Atletico in a long, long time. This means he is THE ULTIMATE LOSER. Laugh

Now get lost out of Spain you despicable failure. Go back to your beloved Premier League with your tail between your legs. Coat

Adios.
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 18, 2013 1:13 am

This Real Madrid team is the most expensive football squad in history. Yet....


Of those that stayed at the Bernabeu for 3+ complete seasons, Mou is the coach with the least titles in the history of Real Madrid (@2010MisterChip)

cheers

It's going to take years for Madrid to recover from his tenure, he has humiliated your clubs icon players. He has took every ounce of dignity and class that your club had and shit on it because of his shameless behavior on and off the pitch all the way through his tenure (there is too many incidents to mention) and most of all because your team still doesn't have an identity and a proper system of play in place. That's the most shameful part for Mourinho. His league title was partly down to injuries to key Barca players and his team blatantly getting helped by the linesmen and referees on numerous occasions.


avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 18, 2013 2:07 am

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 6m

- According to @eliasgallego, Mourinho waited for the referee Clos Gomez and said "go celebrate it with them"





avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by S4P on Sat May 18, 2013 9:52 am

I imagine that Mourinho the "failure", the title winner in 4 countries, CL winner with 2 clubs, completed a clean sweep of donestic trophies in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain, and still idolised by 2 of his former clubs (and still well respected at Porto, if not idolised) would give anything to swap lives with you.

With Mourinho leaving perhaps Xavi will find his best form again, since he won't be so worried about his friend Iker. Maybe Iniesta's father will concentrate more on his own son's game too. And who knows, perhaps the next Real manager will be not be so quick to defend Pepe when he steps on Messi's hand.

It will take an exceptionally brave/suicidal manager to ever bench Iker over the next few seasons.

Ultimately this season has been a failure - mostly because Mourinho has not been able to build the same unity within the squad that he had with Porto, Chelsea and Inter. Given the fact that he has been better than anyone at uniting a squad than any manager over the last 10 years - and with the sheer number of managers Real typically go through in the space of 3 years - perhaps it is a case that Real have become unmanageable for any sustained period? Since Del Bosque, I can't think of a single manager who they've all united behind. Hopefully they can get somebody like Laudrup in, who they will unite behind.

Anyway, you're talking nonsense as per usual worms. He entered a club who were routinely firing managers, so there wasn't any dignity there in the first place, won every competition in Spain inside 2 years, breaking the record points total in La Liga and took them beyond the CL Round of 16 for the first time in 6-7 years, only going out to Barca, Bayern and Dortmund (no shame there). While not as spectacular as previous reigns with Porto, Chelsea and Inter (at large, this can be put down to the relationships built within those clubs), his time in Spain has certainly not been a complete failure either.
avatar
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 am

who are the other set of fans that idolise him?

I'm not disputing it, just curious.

Chelsea and.............
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by S4P on Sat May 18, 2013 11:35 am

Inter
avatar
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Age : 34
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Cristiano on Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Jonah and the Whale wrote:This Real Madrid team is the most expensive football squad in history. Yet....


Of those that stayed at the Bernabeu for 3+ complete seasons, Mou is the coach with the least titles in the history of Real Madrid (@2010MisterChip)

cheers

It's going to take years for Madrid to recover from his tenure, he has humiliated your clubs icon players. He has took every ounce of dignity and class that your club had and shit on it because of his shameless behavior on and off the pitch all the way through his tenure (there is too many incidents to mention) and most of all because your team still doesn't have an identity and a proper system of play in place. That's the most shameful part for Mourinho. His league title was partly down to injuries to key Barca players and his team blatantly getting helped by the linesmen and referees on numerous occasions.



Calm down, You would think we will be fighting for survival next season the way you are taking Doh

We will bounce back next season. It's not the end of the world.
avatar
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Sat May 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
bluenine wrote:3 consecutive CL semi final appearances, one league title win out of 3 against arguably one of the best teams ever. Yes, this sounds like the end of Mourinho.

I think the hallmark of a great coach is consistency, and Mou has done ok at Madrid apart from the domestic performance this season. No one expected Mou to triumph over this Barca side, expecting domestic domination was unrealistic. In the CL, Real have shown much better consistency than the few years before Mou. I wouldn't call his Madrid stint a success, but I don't think its been such a failure either.

Haters will hate, but Mou is still one of the best coaches in Europe. I would welcome him back at Inter without blinking, if only we could afford him.

Jaime wrote:Outdated is maybe not the right word. Because he did win with Madrid just not the ultimate prize. I don't share his philosophy personally, but you can't argue with 3 CL semifinals on the trot. Last year going out on penalties. This year, so close but so far away. Ultimately the reason why he has failed in Madrid is because he never won over the players. There isn't any one in Madrid who will still be calling Jose "daddy" after he leaves. It's partially Jose's fault. It's partially the players fault. People have over blown the situation with Carbonero. Jose was paranoid about the media long before her comments earlier in the season. But I think it comes down to the following: when he was at Chelsea they hadn't won anything ever. Inter ok they won some dodgy scudettos but always they'd been CL failures. Which is perfect because Jose believes that his way is the only way to win. And it's easier to convince players that didn't win anything that his way is the way to win. In Madrid you had plenty of players, especially the important ones, that had won CLs and WCs, and Euros by playing a different way. Everyone tried to make it work but it is impossible to continue working like this for a long time.
Mourinho's big quality was handling the players but apart from the first season the relationship between the players hasn't been good. Ultimately that sort of thing matters more than tactics in the long run. If they aren't committed to the plans then it doesn't matter how good the plan is. That is why I have been so impressed with Heynckes at Bayern. He has gotten players like Ribery and Robben to do the dirty work. I doubt he could really do that with Ronaldo but it is still very very impressive and crucial. But that is ultimately something Mourinho wasn't able to recreate. There will be no scenes like this one:



I also think it is dangerous to go back to Chelsea because they are set up similarly to us in many ways. I can't see him turning that side into a good defensive side unless he is willing to buy new Cb's and Cm's. If Abramovich is willing to change style and pay for that change then he will succed but in truth he should have never second guessed him with Shevchenko+Ballack plus going back to an old club doesn't go well that often. He would be better off at City.

Chelsea's squad is immense, except for central midfield. They have a bunch of players out on loan (notably De Bruyne, Courtois, Lukaku) and Romeu has missed most of the season where he would probably be a guaranteed starter. They're only a left back and a couple of defensive midfielders short of a perfect squad IMO (assuming they don't send perfectly good players out on loan again) if Mourinho is going to go back to Chelsea, there will never be a better time.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Super Progress on Sat May 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Mourinho's Chelsea was built on a great defence that was protected by a solid midfield which had a Lampard who contribute many goals and a Robben who was unstoppable along with the great Drogba. This current Chelsea side has a Robben in Hazard although he is not at Robben's level. They have Mata who is creative on the wing to much higher extent than was Duff.

However their midfield has no Makelele and Lampard now plays the Cm position in which he is not world class and capable of getting goals but he doesn't protect the midfield.

Their defence is nothing like it used to be. Ivanovic is good next to a leader in defence and Terry is too old for that. Cahill/Luiz are not good enough. Luiz might have a future in midfield but while he is comfortable on the ball he is neither good enough to distribute from deep nor solid enough to be anchor next to a more ball playing type.

They have the money and they can built a good team but it won't be as good as the first Chelsea team. He has to get the striker right(Cavani/Falcao) and be willing not to start Lampard/Terry and discard Cahill/Luiz in defence which would mean writing of the defence they bought for the future. Mourinho would be better off going to City which already has the makings of a good defence and a good midfield and just needs a new striker.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Sp4 has a serious man love for Jose, if he came home and found him having sex with his wife, he would probably ask him if he needs a drink when he is done.

I love pep, but jeez not that much.

Just admit he failed, barca where without their 2nd and 3rd goal scorers for much of last season something I pointed out then and the Madrid fans and you maybe. said doesn't matter, this season the keep complaining about Benz and hugs form, know way?, because it does matter.

Unless of course its a case like this season where both teams have issues scoring outside of messi and ronaldo, in which case, the team with messi will always win.

Fact his he failed, he has never beaten a barca team when all things are equal he hasnt stop the harmony of barca or win the cl his two main objectives when he got the job and as this season he showing getting 100 points after pep got 99 really isn't all that difficult for either team.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Kroos on Sat May 18, 2013 1:19 pm

chelseas is not great, there bench is very weak, and there first 11 has plenty of weak points

winning an average cup means not that they are a world class side

they were utterly outplayed by benfica, technically they were a class above

a midfield with lampard-davidluiz wins the europa league says it all lol! + moses and ramires affraid , they would stand no chance to get near a cl final, at least not with attacking football

thats just the player issues, i am not even talking about there tactical faults
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Super Progress on Sat May 18, 2013 1:29 pm

S4P wrote:I imagine that Mourinho the "failure", the title winner in 4 countries, CL winner with 2 clubs, completed a clean sweep of donestic trophies in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain, and still idolised by 2 of his former clubs (and still well respected at Porto, if not idolised) would give anything to swap lives with you.

With Mourinho leaving perhaps Xavi will find his best form again, since he won't be so worried about his friend Iker. Maybe Iniesta's father will concentrate more on his own son's game too. And who knows, perhaps the next Real manager will be not be so quick to defend Pepe when he steps on Messi's hand.

It will take an exceptionally brave/suicidal manager to ever bench Iker over the next few seasons.

Ultimately this season has been a failure - mostly because Mourinho has not been able to build the same unity within the squad that he had with Porto, Chelsea and Inter. Given the fact that he has been better than anyone at uniting a squad than any manager over the last 10 years - and with the sheer number of managers Real typically go through in the space of 3 years - perhaps it is a case that Real have become unmanageable for any sustained period? Since Del Bosque, I can't think of a single manager who they've all united behind. Hopefully they can get somebody like Laudrup in, who they will unite behind.

Anyway, you're talking nonsense as per usual worms. He entered a club who were routinely firing managers, so there wasn't any dignity there in the first place, won every competition in Spain inside 2 years, breaking the record points total in La Liga and took them beyond the CL Round of 16 for the first time in 6-7 years, only going out to Barca, Bayern and Dortmund (no shame there). While not as spectacular as previous reigns with Porto, Chelsea and Inter (at large, this can be put down to the relationships built within those clubs), his time in Spain has certainly not been a complete failure either.
ok
Mourinho is my type of manager but it was always a strange match up. The club is simply not conducive to his type even if I wish it was. It should be said the Ultras like Mourinho quite a bit. The good thing is that the next coach will barely have to lift a winger in terms of the line up. Any big change will be in the style of play and getting the best out of Ozil/Benzema and getting a good striker. The players don't seem to have problems with each other but only with Mourinho so I'm quite fine with what he leaves. The game yesterday highlighted our problem this season which is that Benzema/Higuain/Ozil have collectively failed to fulfill their duty when it comes to goals. I don't know what Mourinho could have done to alleviate that. Even with the Mourinho vs squad problem we would have been in a much better position if they didn't fail us to such a dramatic degree.

I wouldn't worry to much about his legacy either. Outside of Barcelona fans and people who like to watch "proper" football most think he is one of the best out there.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Certainly one of the best out there but as is time at Madrid showed up that he isn't as great a man manager as some though?. We all by this now he isn't tactically a genius but that was always his bread and butter, but the us against them, the refs hate us, the media hates us, I will let you win. Clearly doesn't work with the establishment team, because all of that doesn't wash with them, probably would have the same issues at Bayer,man u and Milan/juve.

Still a great motivator but just wondering
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 2:04 pm

During his time in Spain, atletico has won 2 el and 1 copa, Jose, 1 league, 1 copa.
No wonder the atletico fans were chanting for him to stay, he has brought them luck.







Barca, 2 liga's,1 cl,1 copa
Before him, 2 liga's 1 cl,1 copa.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Or is it 1 EL
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by bluenine on Sat May 18, 2013 2:17 pm

messiah wrote:Certainly one of the best out there but as is time at Madrid showed up that he isn't as great a man manager as some though?. We all by this now he isn't tactically a genius but that was always his bread and butter, but the us against them, the refs hate us, the media hates us, I will let you win. Clearly doesn't work with the establishment team, because all of that doesn't wash with them, probably would have the same issues at Bayer,man u and Milan/juve.

Still a great motivator but just wondering

In what way was this Real team that Mou inherited more "established" than the one he took over at Inter? Mou is a great man manager, it is his biggest strength, and it didn't work well at Real. However great you are, it won't work exactly the same everytime. There is nothing else to it.

To suggest that it would not work at clubs like Milan or Juve is just ridiculous. Unlike Real, the "senators" at Milan and Juve are far more disciplined and known for getting behind their coach. Infact, the club which are most like Real in terms of senators creating issues for the coach, is Inter. And Mou managed to get them behind him quite well. And Inter were more "established" then, than the current Milan and at least as established as the current Juve - so that theory does not hold much water.

As for whether Mou failed at Real overall or not, that is up for debate. I don't think he failed, he did ok, just didn't do as well as he did at Inter. In a way, the main difference (results wise) between Mou's success at Chelsea and "failure" at Real Madrid was that the EPL did not have a top team like Barca.

Sponsored content

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:51 pm