Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Share

Poll

Is Mourinho's management style now outdated at the highest level?

[ 5 ]
71% [71%] 
[ 2 ]
29% [29%] 

Total Votes: 7
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 2:26 pm

bluenine wrote:
messiah wrote:Certainly one of the best out there but as is time at Madrid showed up that he isn't as great a man manager as some though?. We all by this now he isn't tactically a genius but that was always his bread and butter, but the us against them, the refs hate us, the media hates us, I will let you win. Clearly doesn't work with the establishment team, because all of that doesn't wash with them, probably would have the same issues at Bayer,man u and Milan/juve.

Still a great motivator but just wondering

In what way was this Real team that Mou inherited more "established" than the one he took over at Inter? Mou is a great man manager, it is his biggest strength, and it didn't work well at Real. However great you are, it won't work exactly the same everytime. There is nothing else to it.

To suggest that it would not work at clubs like Milan or Juve is just ridiculous. Unlike Real, the "senators" at Milan and Juve are far more disciplined and known for getting behind their coach. Infact, the club which are most like Real in terms of senators creating issues for the coach, is Inter. And Mou managed to get them behind him quite well. And Inter were more "established" then, than the current Milan and at least as established as the current Juve - so that theory does not hold much water.

As for whether Mou failed at Real overall or not, that is up for debate. I don't think he failed, he did ok, just didn't do as well as he did at Inter. In a way, the main difference (results wise) between Mou's success at Chelsea and "failure" at Real Madrid was that the EPL did not have a top team like Barca.

Establishment team not established stop miss qouting me.

Establishment, the biggest most popular team in the country with the most influence
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
S4P wrote:I imagine that Mourinho the "failure", the title winner in 4 countries, CL winner with 2 clubs, completed a clean sweep of donestic trophies in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain, and still idolised by 2 of his former clubs (and still well respected at Porto, if not idolised) would give anything to swap lives with you.

With Mourinho leaving perhaps Xavi will find his best form again, since he won't be so worried about his friend Iker. Maybe Iniesta's father will concentrate more on his own son's game too. And who knows, perhaps the next Real manager will be not be so quick to defend Pepe when he steps on Messi's hand.

It will take an exceptionally brave/suicidal manager to ever bench Iker over the next few seasons.

Ultimately this season has been a failure - mostly because Mourinho has not been able to build the same unity within the squad that he had with Porto, Chelsea and Inter. Given the fact that he has been better than anyone at uniting a squad than any manager over the last 10 years - and with the sheer number of managers Real typically go through in the space of 3 years - perhaps it is a case that Real have become unmanageable for any sustained period? Since Del Bosque, I can't think of a single manager who they've all united behind. Hopefully they can get somebody like Laudrup in, who they will unite behind.

Anyway, you're talking nonsense as per usual worms. He entered a club who were routinely firing managers, so there wasn't any dignity there in the first place, won every competition in Spain inside 2 years, breaking the record points total in La Liga and took them beyond the CL Round of 16 for the first time in 6-7 years, only going out to Barca, Bayern and Dortmund (no shame there). While not as spectacular as previous reigns with Porto, Chelsea and Inter (at large, this can be put down to the relationships built within those clubs), his time in Spain has certainly not been a complete failure either.
ok
Mourinho is my type of manager but it was always a strange match up. The club is simply not conducive to his type even if I wish it was. It should be said the Ultras like Mourinho quite a bit. The good thing is that the next coach will barely have to lift a winger in terms of the line up. Any big change will be in the style of play and getting the best out of Ozil/Benzema and getting a good striker. The players don't seem to have problems with each other but only with Mourinho so I'm quite fine with what he leaves. The game yesterday highlighted our problem this season which is that Benzema/Higuain/Ozil have collectively failed to fulfill their duty when it comes to goals. I don't know what Mourinho could have done to alleviate that. Even with the Mourinho vs squad problem we would have been in a much better position if they didn't fail us to such a dramatic degree.

I wouldn't worry to much about his legacy either. Outside of Barcelona fans and people who like to watch "proper" football most think he is one of the best out there.

No they don't. lol! Only idiots like you. He's a shit tactician who plays shit football. People are starting to see it now, his time at Madrid have exposed his massive limitations. He used to be one of the best but football has moved on, and he will fail to adapt because he doesn't have the tactical knowledge to.
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 18, 2013 3:44 pm



El Ojo de Tito. lol!
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Cristiano wrote:
Jonah and the Whale wrote:This Real Madrid team is the most expensive football squad in history. Yet....


Of those that stayed at the Bernabeu for 3+ complete seasons, Mou is the coach with the least titles in the history of Real Madrid (@2010MisterChip)

cheers

It's going to take years for Madrid to recover from his tenure, he has humiliated your clubs icon players. He has took every ounce of dignity and class that your club had and shit on it because of his shameless behavior on and off the pitch all the way through his tenure (there is too many incidents to mention) and most of all because your team still doesn't have an identity and a proper system of play in place. That's the most shameful part for Mourinho. His league title was partly down to injuries to key Barca players and his team blatantly getting helped by the linesmen and referees on numerous occasions.



Calm down, You would think we will be fighting for survival next season the way you are taking Doh

We will bounce back next season. It's not the end of the world.

Sure it's not the end of the world, you still have a good squad and a lot of money but the atmosphere around the club at the moment is horrible, next season you will have a new manager who will need time to make the team play how he wants to play. I am confident we will win La Liga next season and comfortably too, just like this season. Unlike Real Madrid we don't need to change much, only a few personal but we already have our system in place. That's why having philosophy of playing is much better in the long run. Real Madrid change their style depending on managers, we don't.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by S4P on Sat May 18, 2013 3:55 pm

messiah wrote:I love pep, but jeez not that much.

I don't think I've ever seen a negative comment about Pep that you haven't directly responded to.

messiah wrote:Just admit he failed, barca where without their 2nd and 3rd goal scorers for much of last season

For all this "we were missing our 2nd and 3rd best goalscorers" you had Messi, who scored more league goals last season than he has done this season (a season where you've walked the league), who outscored 13 clubs last season and whose 50 goals were almost double the number you conceded.

You also scored 114 goals last season, 7 more than your current total for this season, so let's not pretend that missing your "2nd and 3rd goalscorers" had a huge impact on your season. Ale

messiah wrote:Fact his he failed, he has never beaten a barca team when all things are equal

This should be reversed - for a very long time, he was never beaten by a Barca team when all things (i.e. number of players on the field) were equal.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 4:06 pm

S4P wrote:
messiah wrote:I love pep, but jeez not that much.

I don't think I've ever seen a negative comment about Pep that you haven't directly responded to.

messiah wrote:Just admit he failed, barca where without their 2nd and 3rd goal scorers for much of last season

For all this "we were missing our 2nd and 3rd best goalscorers" you had Messi, who scored more league goals last season than he has done this season (a season where you've walked the league), who outscored 13 clubs last season and whose 50 goals were almost double the number you conceded.

You also scored 114 goals last season, 7 more than your current total for this season, so let's not pretend that missing your "2nd and 3rd goalscorers" had a huge impact on your season. Ale

messiah wrote:Fact his he failed, he has never beaten a barca team when all things are equal

This should be reversed - for a very long time, he was never beaten by a Barca team when all things (i.e. number of players on the field) were equal.

You do love to use your little stats to make a point. But last season without messi and ronaldo's goals for their respective teams Madrid would still have won because they had higs and Benz firing, while Pedro and villa were out injured.

It matters.

Less like this season its just a ronaldo and messi shoot out.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 4:33 pm

6 points is what they would have won by without messi and ronaldo's goals.

That's two winning goals from villa in the second half of the season and a leveling goal from Pedro.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by S4P on Sat May 18, 2013 4:46 pm

messiah wrote:6 points is what they would have won by without messi and ronaldo's goals.

That's two winning goals from villa in the second half of the season and a leveling goal from Pedro.

Your argument wasn't excluding Ronaldo or Messi: it was that you were missing your 2 best goalscorers after Messi.

Also, you cannot predict that those 2 would have had a significant impact on the team. For example, Pedro has scored the same number of league goals this season as he did last, while Villa has only scored 9. To put it into perspective, both have scored fewer goals than Fabregas.

Benzema has scored 11 fewer league goals and Higuain 7 compared to last season. How many points does that translate to?
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by messiah on Sat May 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Except 6 points isn't significant, that's just perhaps 3 goals, villa pissed the entire second half of the season.

Not saying its a sure thing we would have won with them just showing how important it is to have a team, instead of just one man trying to outscore 3 as was the case.

Cesc goals doesn't mean crap when he scores and we win, we actually get deducted 1 point. Such is the negative impact he has had on the team
avatar
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Age : 34
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Cristiano on Sat May 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Jonah and the Whale wrote:
Cristiano wrote:
Jonah and the Whale wrote:This Real Madrid team is the most expensive football squad in history. Yet....


Of those that stayed at the Bernabeu for 3+ complete seasons, Mou is the coach with the least titles in the history of Real Madrid (@2010MisterChip)

cheers

It's going to take years for Madrid to recover from his tenure, he has humiliated your clubs icon players. He has took every ounce of dignity and class that your club had and shit on it because of his shameless behavior on and off the pitch all the way through his tenure (there is too many incidents to mention) and most of all because your team still doesn't have an identity and a proper system of play in place. That's the most shameful part for Mourinho. His league title was partly down to injuries to key Barca players and his team blatantly getting helped by the linesmen and referees on numerous occasions.



Calm down, You would think we will be fighting for survival next season the way you are taking Doh

We will bounce back next season. It's not the end of the world.

Sure it's not the end of the world, you still have a good squad and a lot of money but the atmosphere around the club at the moment is horrible, next season you will have a new manager who will need time to make the team play how he wants to play. I am confident we will win La Liga next season and comfortably too, just like this season. Unlike Real Madrid we don't need to change much, only a few personal but we already have our system in place. That's why having philosophy of playing is much better in the long run. Real Madrid change their style depending on managers, we don't.

One of the things I love about football is that it has got a habit of making such confident statements look silly.
avatar
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Age : 103
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Balack was Coward on Sat May 18, 2013 7:48 pm

pirat

Sponsored content

Re: Is Mourinho outdated as a coach?

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:31 am