Real Madrid CF 2012/13

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Real Madrid CF 2012/13

Post by messiah on Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 am

Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:Basically Jose has manage to win the copa and beat a barca lead by Tito

?

He won the league against Pep. Ale

You know what I mean
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Wed May 01, 2013 4:02 am

messiah wrote:
Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:Basically Jose has manage to win the copa and beat a barca lead by Tito

?

He won the league against Pep. Ale

You know what I mean

Biggrin
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 am

@ Real Madrid supporters: I have heard from the Custodians of the Curse of Valencia. "Thou knowest the real reason why things have gone wrong this year. The Curse hath struck. We predicted that Jaime and Super Mourinho's supposed bickering was a front and that they would form an unholy alliance. We also knew that thou would continueth to treat poor Albiol badly after giving him an extended contract - why? We decided to allow you some interest in trophies this season or Mourinho would have been fired early ruining our carefully laid plans. The Axis of Evil must be crushed immediately and we knoweth the difference between sangre and sangria, so the blood that flows from the knives in the back had better be real! Remember next season is at stake. Return Albiol home and don't forget to pay us, the Custodians of the Curse, for nicking him in the first place - we were not content - and prove that Axis of Evil has been destroyed. We might be persuaded to relent then." It's your choice.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 01, 2013 11:26 am

Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:Will Perez win the next election after this

Florentino will win because he will face no opposition. There is nobody at the moment that has the financial clout to mount a serious bid

The more I think about the way things ended though, the more frustrating it is to realise that if Alonso, one of the smartest guys out there, had not made such an ill advised challenge to give away the penalty that made it 4-1, we would be through to the final. Not that we really deserved the final after the way that we played in the first leg but still 2-0 is such a manageable result.

But even needing a 3-0, the chances were there. I can't really fault the effort. I knew the team would come out firing and I honestly think the Germans were shitting themselves for a bit. But we just cannot score this year. The Higuain miss was big, I feel bad for the guy for all the things he has done and all the big goals he has scored in the Spanish league over the years, he just cannot get it right in the Champions League. It was a difficult angle and he was being marked closely but if he could have just lifted the ball even a little it probably is in. Ronaldo's chance, well, it was an extremely difficult piece of skill to control the ball and turn and fire off the volley. Good save from Weidenfeller. But the one that kills me is the Ozil chance. All he had to do was square the ball for Ronaldo like Higuain did in the first leg and it's the simplest of tap ins. Instead he goes for the near post? Unbelievable.

Of course after they weathered the storm, Dortmund got into it especially the first 15 minutes of the second half. Lewandowski - what a player. Amazing that we have 250m euro worth of attacking players in this game (Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria, and Ozil) and we were single handedly beaten buy a costing 4m euro. The whole Dortmund team is nice. I don't think they are out of this world like some people claim but they play as a team, they attack and defend as a team, and they go for it. So fair play to them, they are deserving finalists.

Where we go from here? Surely this is the end of Jose with his post match comments. Not as if it is a surprise in any way. We've all seen it coming. The players want him to go, he wants to go. I think it has simply run it's course. Even though I am not a card carrying member of Team Progress, I acknowledge that he has done some good things. Winning the Copa del Rey and actually taking it seriously has been a welcome change from the previous 20 years or so and we could even win it again in a couple weeks time. The record breaking league campaign last year was no small feat. And even though he didn't entirely end Barcelona's reign, we've certainly been on top of our rivals the last several times we have met in all competitions. But in the end, he burns to many bridges and whilst all of that is tolerable in the short term, if you are winning trophies, it is just not sustainable in the long run. I'm sure he will return to England which is what he wanted all along and continue to have success.

The prospect of Ancelotti does not excite me in the least. And it is probably impossible to rid the squad of all of the players that are deadwood. Adan, Albiol, Carvalho and Essien (even though he put in some admirable performances at right back) have no future at the club. It is probably the end for Higuain. Personally I'd sell Benzema too and do anything possible to sign Falcao. I pray to god we can find a way to rid ourselves of Kaka. Hopefully Khedira will follow Jose to Chelsea and Ozil, well, my patience has simply run out. I'm 50/50 on Di Maria and Arbeloa. Both have been incredibly poor this year and there isn't a particularly good explanation for it although a lot have claimed that Di Maria's new contract has killed his motivation. I don't know. Pepe - if a good offer came I would sell him. The future of our central defence is Ramos-Varane.

But we have to finally address the midfield. Modric in the second half of the season has played really good. It's a shame he's only been a bit part player because I think he has a lot to offer. Alonso - he is still good and still, really, the only midfielder in the world who does what he does. But you can see today, he plays every game and is just run into the ground by the end of the season. We really need an AM that can consistently create the chances and not wet his pants when a big time game comes. And of course as mentioned before, centre forward.

Obviously we are set in goal with Casillas and Diego Lopez. I think it will be fascinating to see who emerges as the #1 next year. I think with Carvajal coming back we are pretty well covered at full back. Probably need one centre back. But beyond that it is wide open. Probably won't be as many changes as I'd like and some of it will be down to the new manager (hopefully). Will be an interesting summer at least (hopefully).

Hala Madrid! Ale
Pretty much sums it up for me. I missed chunks of the first half because my stream didn't work too well so I only caught Ozil's chance afterwards. I thought Ozil played well today so I won't fault him really except for his performance in the first leg which is what really cost as Mourinho mentioned after the match. Psychologically it was simply too hard and after we didn't score in our period of dominance and Dortmund got into I lost faith. The end was good but I never truly believed because there was too little time left and it had the feel of the Arsenal Bayern game where you kind of knew it wasn't going to happen but then again I rarely believe we will turn it around.

I don't think we have more deadwood than other clubs so I don't see any big problem there. Pepe is fine as a reserve and Essien has done well at rightback and is not permanent anyway. Modric is getting into it so we are ok in midfield but I wouldn't mind a creative midfielder as well in the Valero mould(flexible) so we have an option when Ozil is having one of his off days. But ultimately what has cost heavily this season is that we have had two top class strikers and none of them have delivered at all and I don't know what Mourinho or the club could have done about that. Both have been relatively consistent for us before but this season they have been unbelievably under par. All the pressure has been on Ronaldo and he is not even our striker. There is a big advantage to having a threat outside your strikers but that threat diminishes considerably when your actual strikers aren't dangerous.
That is why I'm hopeful for next season because we will surely get a new striker this summer. Obviously the team isn't behind Mourinho but he is gone for next season so that isn't really a problem so again I'm left with the feeling that our big problems we have had this season have seemed inevitable but at the same time limited so no need for any big change.
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Wed May 01, 2013 11:53 am

It isn't definite that Mourinho will go. He is a manager with few options, meaning clubs that can afford him and that he would want to go to. It is far from clear that the obvious choices will have vacancies and if they do that they will go after him, namely Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG, although Anzhi might be an option, or even an Arab club with megabucks to comfort him, but would he be interested in those options. If nothing really tempting is on offer, is it beyond the realms of possibility that he would stay in Madrid and wreak divine retribution on you for maintaining that despicable alliance, despite repeated warnings from the Custodians of the Curse, made worse by Super's recent insistence on agreeing with Jaime even after you got what you deserved for daring to ignore the Curse!
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 01, 2013 11:56 am

Michael Cox basically sums up the probme with our finishing:

Conclusion

Clearly, Dortmund won this tie with their first leg display, and only Mats Hummels’ inexplicable error there allowed Real some kind of hope.

Tonight Mourinho got things right – his starting XI resulted in an early spell of pressure, his Plan B was a risky but well-judged strategy to introduce an extra attacking player. Towards the end of this game, neither side were really sure of what they were doing, with Real lofting the ball into the box hopefully when unable to counter-attack, and Dortmund’s poor possession play putting their defence under continuous pressure.

Ultimately, the tie came down to finishing – Real created better opportunities tonight than the half-chances Lewandowski managed to convert in Germany last week, but were wasteful in front of goal.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/05/01/real-madrid-2-0-dortmund-tactics/

It is exactly this point that is frustrating because having Benzema+Higuain we can at least expect one of them to perform for us but both have been consistently poor this season and you can't plan for that.

Like most I would prefer if Benzema left because he seems so easily disturbed by whatever is going on around him. He is not nearly cold blooded enough to play for a big club. On the other hand his timidness is probably also the reason he will stay along with the fact that my impression is that Higuain has a higher value on the market at the moment and Higuain seems more ambitious and I wouldn't be surprised if he feels more animosity towards the club than Benzema. I don't think Perez will spend big on Falcao because I think Atletico would demand big bucks from us so we should settle for Cavani but get it done quickly because I think City will be after him as well. I think Perez has done a good job but this is one situation where he has to act decisively because outside of Falcao/Cavani I can't think of too many strikers we would get that solves our problems in the box. Suarez is good but not lethal in the air.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 pm

ITs like I said before the season started lack of form and injuries to our 2nd and 3rd goal scores affected us hugely last season and its been the same for madrid, as good a goal scorer as ronaldo is, he will always need help.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 pm

The big difference is that our main strikers aren't capable of scoring. Messi is Barcelona's main striker so I'm not so surprised that it hinges on him. When you have two top class strikers who are spearheading the team but who can't score goals then that is a hard problem to solve because you can't go out and buy a third good striker in the winter and ultimately your front striker has to be scoring. Unlike with Barcelona our problem doesn't seem to center around any power struggle between our main scorers(Messi vs Villa). Higuain and Benzema simply stopped scoring and even contributing. Benzema has never been a reliable goalscorer but he got enough goals and he added a lot to the team besides that which he doesn't even do now. Higuain on the other evolved into a really clincal striker but that is gone now too. It is a real puzzle to me.
Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Benzema was good when he come on yesterday though weren't he ? Scored a goal, nearly scored another one with a little bit of skill to get past someone then shot from outside the box forcing a save. Fantastic assist to Ramos (the way he got it under control was really nice).

Honestly if I where your owner I would sell Higuian and buy Falcao or Cavani, those 2 are similar players to Higuian but obviously better.I know Madrid fans love Higuian, he's a good player too but Benzema is obviously the better player. Also Benzema offers something different to all of them strikers, he is more of a support striker with his brilliant all round game and yet still scores a lot of goals when in form. Just compare his record to Higuians in the CL:

Higuain in CL: 48 matchs, 8 goals

Benzema in CL: 53 matchs, 31 goals

If I wanted to win the CL then I know who I would rather have in my team.

Benzema has 19 goals and 19 assists this season, another stat highlighting his all round game.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm

19 assis seems a bit much
Balack was Coward

Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm

messiah wrote:19 assis seems a bit much

I got that from another forum so I will not be held responsible if it's wrong!!!
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:Will Perez win the next election after this

Florentino will win because he will face no opposition. There is nobody at the moment that has the financial clout to mount a serious bid

The more I think about the way things ended though, the more frustrating it is to realise that if Alonso, one of the smartest guys out there, had not made such an ill advised challenge to give away the penalty that made it 4-1, we would be through to the final. Not that we really deserved the final after the way that we played in the first leg but still 2-0 is such a manageable result.

But even needing a 3-0, the chances were there. I can't really fault the effort. I knew the team would come out firing and I honestly think the Germans were shitting themselves for a bit. But we just cannot score this year. The Higuain miss was big, I feel bad for the guy for all the things he has done and all the big goals he has scored in the Spanish league over the years, he just cannot get it right in the Champions League. It was a difficult angle and he was being marked closely but if he could have just lifted the ball even a little it probably is in. Ronaldo's chance, well, it was an extremely difficult piece of skill to control the ball and turn and fire off the volley. Good save from Weidenfeller. But the one that kills me is the Ozil chance. All he had to do was square the ball for Ronaldo like Higuain did in the first leg and it's the simplest of tap ins. Instead he goes for the near post? Unbelievable.

Of course after they weathered the storm, Dortmund got into it especially the first 15 minutes of the second half. Lewandowski - what a player. Amazing that we have 250m euro worth of attacking players in this game (Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria, and Ozil) and we were single handedly beaten buy a costing 4m euro. The whole Dortmund team is nice. I don't think they are out of this world like some people claim but they play as a team, they attack and defend as a team, and they go for it. So fair play to them, they are deserving finalists.

Where we go from here? Surely this is the end of Jose with his post match comments. Not as if it is a surprise in any way. We've all seen it coming. The players want him to go, he wants to go. I think it has simply run it's course. Even though I am not a card carrying member of Team Progress, I acknowledge that he has done some good things. Winning the Copa del Rey and actually taking it seriously has been a welcome change from the previous 20 years or so and we could even win it again in a couple weeks time. The record breaking league campaign last year was no small feat. And even though he didn't entirely end Barcelona's reign, we've certainly been on top of our rivals the last several times we have met in all competitions. But in the end, he burns to many bridges and whilst all of that is tolerable in the short term, if you are winning trophies, it is just not sustainable in the long run. I'm sure he will return to England which is what he wanted all along and continue to have success.

The prospect of Ancelotti does not excite me in the least. And it is probably impossible to rid the squad of all of the players that are deadwood. Adan, Albiol, Carvalho and Essien (even though he put in some admirable performances at right back) have no future at the club. It is probably the end for Higuain. Personally I'd sell Benzema too and do anything possible to sign Falcao. I pray to god we can find a way to rid ourselves of Kaka. Hopefully Khedira will follow Jose to Chelsea and Ozil, well, my patience has simply run out. I'm 50/50 on Di Maria and Arbeloa. Both have been incredibly poor this year and there isn't a particularly good explanation for it although a lot have claimed that Di Maria's new contract has killed his motivation. I don't know. Pepe - if a good offer came I would sell him. The future of our central defence is Ramos-Varane.

But we have to finally address the midfield. Modric in the second half of the season has played really good. It's a shame he's only been a bit part player because I think he has a lot to offer. Alonso - he is still good and still, really, the only midfielder in the world who does what he does. But you can see today, he plays every game and is just run into the ground by the end of the season. We really need an AM that can consistently create the chances and not wet his pants when a big time game comes. And of course as mentioned before, centre forward.

Obviously we are set in goal with Casillas and Diego Lopez. I think it will be fascinating to see who emerges as the #1 next year. I think with Carvajal coming back we are pretty well covered at full back. Probably need one centre back. But beyond that it is wide open. Probably won't be as many changes as I'd like and some of it will be down to the new manager (hopefully). Will be an interesting summer at least (hopefully).

Hala Madrid! Ale
Pretty much sums it up for me. I missed chunks of the first half because my stream didn't work too well so I only caught Ozil's chance afterwards. I thought Ozil played well today so I won't fault him really except for his performance in the first leg which is what really cost as Mourinho mentioned after the match. Psychologically it was simply too hard and after we didn't score in our period of dominance and Dortmund got into I lost faith. The end was good but I never truly believed because there was too little time left and it had the feel of the Arsenal Bayern game where you kind of knew it wasn't going to happen but then again I rarely believe we will turn it around.

I don't think we have more deadwood than other clubs so I don't see any big problem there. Pepe is fine as a reserve and Essien has done well at rightback and is not permanent anyway. Modric is getting into it so we are ok in midfield but I wouldn't mind a creative midfielder as well in the Valero mould(flexible) so we have an option when Ozil is having one of his off days. But ultimately what has cost heavily this season is that we have had two top class strikers and none of them have delivered at all and I don't know what Mourinho or the club could have done about that. Both have been relatively consistent for us before but this season they have been unbelievably under par. All the pressure has been on Ronaldo and he is not even our striker. There is a big advantage to having a threat outside your strikers but that threat diminishes considerably when your actual strikers aren't dangerous.
That is why I'm hopeful for next season because we will surely get a new striker this summer. Obviously the team isn't behind Mourinho but he is gone for next season so that isn't really a problem so again I'm left with the feeling that our big problems we have had this season have seemed inevitable but at the same time limited so no need for any big change.

It was one of the worst games I have ever seen him play.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Big Willy wrote:Benzema was good when he come on yesterday though weren't he ? Scored a goal, nearly scored another one with a little bit of skill to get past someone then shot from outside the box forcing a save. Fantastic assist to Ramos (the way he got it under control was really nice).

Honestly if I where your owner I would sell Higuian and buy Falcao or Cavani, those 2 are similar players to Higuian but obviously better.I know Madrid fans love Higuian, he's a good player too but Benzema is obviously the better player. Also Benzema offers something different to all of them strikers, he is more of a support striker with his brilliant all round game and yet still scores a lot of goals when in form. Just compare his record to Higuians in the CL:

Higuain in CL: 48 matchs, 8 goals

Benzema in CL: 53 matchs, 31 goals

If I wanted to win the CL then I know who I would rather have in my team.

Benzema has 19 goals and 19 assists this season, another stat highlighting his all round game.

Benzema was completely anoymous for the first 25 minutes he was on the pitch. The first time he was involved was the goal! I don't put a lot weight into his CL scoring record either. He scored a lot of goals for Lyon in the group stages. He's been in Real Madrid for 4 years and not scored a consequential CL goal for us.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 01, 2013 1:53 pm

EMP wrote:It isn't definite that Mourinho will go. He is a manager with few options, meaning clubs that can afford him and that he would want to go to. It is far from clear that the obvious choices will have vacancies and if they do that they will go after him, namely Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG, although Anzhi might be an option, or even an Arab club with megabucks to comfort him, but would he be interested in those options. If nothing really tempting is on offer, is it beyond the realms of possibility that he would stay in Madrid and wreak divine retribution on you for maintaining that despicable alliance, despite repeated warnings from the Custodians of the Curse, made worse by Super's recent insistence on agreeing with Jaime even after you got what you deserved for daring to ignore the Curse!

It is definite. Listen to his post match comments last night. When he went to the press conference he wasn't wearing the official club gear. He will go back to England, that is for sure. Chelsea or Man City, I don't know but it seems like Chelsea. And that is actually amusing since almost none of the midfield players there are Jose type players. But maybe it will give Lampard a lifeline.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 pm

I still think Benzema has much more to offer, if he gets his head right then he can be one of the absolute best players in the world. Never mind one of the best strikers. I think playing in a team with Ronaldo has actually hindered his game , not just for Real Madrid but you see it in his play for France. He has gone from a player whose first thought was to score goals to being a creator for other players.

The guys talent is unquestionable. He has every tool a world class player needs, apart from maybe mentality. He does seem like a pretty shy and introverted guy, I don't think I have ever seen him angry.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Big Willy wrote:I still think Benzema has much more to offer, if he gets his head right then he can be one of the absolute best players in the world. Never mind one of the best strikers. I think playing in a team with Ronaldo has actually hindered his game , not just for Real Madrid but you see it in his play for France. He has gone from a player whose first thought was to score goals to being a creator for other players.

The guys talent is unquestionable. He has every tool a world class player needs, apart from maybe mentality. He does seem like a pretty shy and introverted guy, I don't think I have ever seen him angry.

We've been waiting for him to 'get his head right' for 4 years. Maybe it is Ronaldo's fault (though I doubt it). But if that's the case he's never going to realise his potential and its best he just move on.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 pm

I was a supporter of Benzema because he deserved a chance since he cost as much as he did plus he is talented and is a good striker when he wants to be but in truth he has turned out to be a real loser of the worst sort and that is unforgiveable in my book. Higuain is less talented but he has the mentality in the end and I can see him coming back next season. Benzema on the other hand seems like a fragile kid who is still new to a top club despite this being his fourth season. The only who I have any even the slightest of doubts about in terms of his ambition is Ozil but he is way better than Benzema still.
Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward on Thu May 02, 2013 12:28 am

Higuians strike rate in the CL suggests he is not as mentally tough as some people think he is. The amount of sitters he has missed in important CL games must be alarming for Madrid fans.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Thu May 02, 2013 12:35 am

The Bald Prince wrote:Higuians strike rate in the CL suggests he is not as mentally tough as some people think he is. The amount of sitters he has missed in important CL games must be alarming for Madrid fans.

The worst one was Lyon in 2010. That's when I started to get fed up of him.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Thu May 02, 2013 12:40 am

I don't know why people seem to always make excuses for Higuain but Benzema gets all the criticism he rightly deserves. Yes he shows more effort than Benzema but if he is showing more effort and still performing just as shit as Benzema then please Kindly fuck off.I'll be happy to see the back of both them. They don't strike any fear what so ever to the top clubs. We need at least one truly top class striker and it would greatly transform our attack. What's the point of two invisible strikers.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 am

Well the debate he is about Higuain vs Benzema and here it isn't even close to me after what Benzema has produced this season considering how little he has done overall for the club. Nobody is saying we shouldn't get a top striker and sell one of those two.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu May 02, 2013 1:49 am

For me personally, I would sell both. I think Benzema doesn't have the mentality and for whatever reason Higuain has a mental block in the CL and lets be honest that's where we need someone else to really come up big because Ronaldo can't score them all. If I were to pick one to stay it would be Higuain because at least he works his ass off and plays with guts and in addition he has a track record of scoring some very big goals in the league. I'm not interested in Benzema any more. He has loads of ability and but in general he is a sulking coward. He would fit in well at Arsenal.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Jaime wrote:For me personally, I would sell both. I think Benzema doesn't have the mentality and for whatever reason Higuain has a mental block in the CL and lets be honest that's where we need someone else to really come up big because Ronaldo can't score them all. If I were to pick one to stay it would be Higuain because at least he works his ass off and plays with guts and in addition he has a track record of scoring some very big goals in the league. I'm not interested in Benzema any more. He has loads of ability and but in general he is a sulking coward. He would fit in well at Arsenal.

Ale

The main reason I don't want him. I've seen enough of them in my time to put me off for a while yet. That said, I've just posted two frenchies I want Arsenal to sign this summer in our thread Laughing
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
Jaime wrote:For me personally, I would sell both. I think Benzema doesn't have the mentality and for whatever reason Higuain has a mental block in the CL and lets be honest that's where we need someone else to really come up big because Ronaldo can't score them all. If I were to pick one to stay it would be Higuain because at least he works his ass off and plays with guts and in addition he has a track record of scoring some very big goals in the league. I'm not interested in Benzema any more. He has loads of ability and but in general he is a sulking coward. He would fit in well at Arsenal.

Ale

The main reason I don't want him. I've seen enough of them in my time to put me off for a while yet. That said, I've just posted two frenchies I want Arsenal to sign this summer in our thread Laughing

They're not all bad (in spite of all the stick I give to Kimbo!) just look at Varane. Here's a kid who's 19 and he plays with balls man. Benzema is just not up to it. He will do well in a club where the expectations are low and there is little pressure.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 pm

That's always been my issues with Frenchies, a lot of them don't play with balls, a few do, but most don't.

Benzema is the perfect example. He should be on Falcao/Cavani/Lewandowski level, but he seems to hide so much when things aren't going his way. Another thing is that they don't appear to respond to criticism well. Being an Arsenal fan, I've seen all these things too often in recent years. The French when they get it right are capable of the most glorious performances, but too often they are anonymous or self-destruct because of in-house problems.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 pm

It's not the players, it's the manager. The manager who always blames his players for his own shortcomings. Ale

P.S.: Mourinho has turned Ramos and Alonso into despicable dirty c**ts. He has poisoned Madrid.

Last edited by blutgraetsche on Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Higuain might be off to Juve? I like him, but he literally makes no impact in the CL. I find it confusing, but he has had about 40 games to do so now, and it just isn't happening.

I actually don't think Madrid have many problem areas in the squad. A bit of deadwood needs to be trimmed, but the balance is largely there. I personally wouldn't bring in anymore than 4 players (RB, CF, MF)

Sell Kaka/Higuain/Carvalho/Albiol/Arbeloa.

Bring back the young RB from Germany. Ramos + Varane as first choice CB's. Pepe as backup. I still believe that Marcelo is a MUCH better LB than Coentrao, and Madrid's attacking game suffers a lot without him. Coentrao's so called defensive superiority is hugely overstated. There is little in it, and Marcelo offers so much more going forwards, they're not even comparable. I'm not huge on Di Maria, but I don't think he needs to be replaced (yet). I like Modric. Alonso doesn't cut it at the very highest level anymore however. Sahin should have been given more of a chance, but I can't see him wanting to come back anymore.

I do think Jese Rodriguez should be promoted. Give him a chance, use as a squad roation player with Di Maria/Callejon
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:It's not the players, it's the manager. The manager who always blames his players for his own shortcomings. Ale

No it's the referees!!!!

I meant to say it but how shameless was Jose in the post match press conference blaming Webb. Asking for a red card on Hummels? Especially after the gift we got in the Man Utd tie? Doh
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Thu May 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Calidad wrote:Higuain might be off to Juve? I like him, but he literally makes no impact in the CL. I find it confusing, but he has had about 40 games to do so now, and it just isn't happening.

I actually don't think Madrid have many problem areas in the squad. A bit of deadwood needs to be trimmed, but the balance is largely there. I personally wouldn't bring in anymore than 4 players (RB, CF, MF)

Bring back the young RB from Germany. Ramos + Varane as first choice CB's. Pepe as backup. I still believe that Marcelo is a MUCH better LB than Coentrao, and Madrid's attacking game suffers a lot without him. Coentrao's so called defensive superiority is hugely overstated. There is little in it, and Marcelo offers so much more going forwards, they're not even comparable. I'm not huge on Di Maria, but I don't think he needs to be replaced (yet). I like Modric. Alonso doesn't cut it at the very highest level anymore however. Sahin should have been given more of a chance, but I can't see him wanting to come back anymore.

I do think Jese Rodriguez should be promoted. Give him a chance, use as a squad roation player with Di Maria/Callejon

What's wrong with Di Maria?
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Thu May 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
Calidad wrote:Higuain might be off to Juve? I like him, but he literally makes no impact in the CL. I find it confusing, but he has had about 40 games to do so now, and it just isn't happening.

What's wrong with Di Maria?

I have always found him frustrating to watch. Over dribbles. Falls over too much. Has erratic decision making. He has ability and is reasonably productive, but yes, I imagine he is the sort that induces a lot of groans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 pm