Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: The End of a Barcelonian Era?

Post by debaser on Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 pm

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Fri May 03, 2013 1:54 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:But Xavi is, as are others. And even if Messi is still young, he can still be overplayed / tired / knackered if he starts every freaking game just for the sake of breaking some pointless records. Yes, Pep is to blame for this also, but Tito took it to a new level.

If anything, Pep, like the rest of the people running the club, should be blamed for the rather crappy transfer record. Very few of the players Barcelona signed were actually worth the money they paid for them. But as far as managing the team is concerned, Pep is in a different universe compared to Tito.

Pep didn't do anything different from Tito, he played his best team almost every game as well. There wasn't much to Plan B as Plan A involved keeping possession and hoping Messi scored. Plan B mainly involved falling down a lot, complaining to the ref, trying to get freekicks, penalties, opposition players sent off etc. Whether with Pep or Tito or Del Bosque or Aragones this group of midfielders always have more possession, and they have always had problems scoring goals. Basically it is amazing how little goals they actually contribute (apart from Messi):

PLAYER GOALS
Lionel Messi 44
Cesc Fábregas 10
David Villa 8
Cristian Tello 7
Xavi 5
Adriano 5

If you're wondering where Iniesta is, I haven't forgotten him, he has 3 goals so was off the bottom of the table. For an attacking midfielder playing for a team that has dominated its domestic league that is pretty shocking.

Are people blaming Tito for the lack of goals from Iniesta for example? Even blaming him for a lack of pressing is a difficult argument to make, as how do you know he hasn't specifically instructed the players to do just that and they are not doing it? As you saw he doesn't have much options as he could replace xavi with Thiago but that won't make the team press better. If I was cynical (which I am) I might suggest it is not age or fitness or the manager that has stopped this pressing style of barca, but the drug doctor getting caught.

I am sure Messiah is going to jump in with assists, so I'll acknowledge he has a lot of them, but with the qualifier that if you play with Messi, so you pass to him around the half-way line and he dribbles around 3 players and scores, do you really deserve an assist or should it go down as unassisted?

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri May 03, 2013 2:08 pm

No because Iniesta has never really scored that much. He scores some big goals, but in terms of quantity he's always been very minimalist. I think there was one year where he really scored quite a few but apart from that - as Calidad would acknowledge - he makes no impact on the game. Ale
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm

I for one has said all along that we should have sold xavi and iniesta and replace them with the likes of kaka,lamps and gerrard but pep was stupid enough to keep them, I mean seriously what does control have to do with football its all about scoring goals and making more direct runs at goal has as happen this season under Tito especially in the first half of the season, cesc showed them how important a goal scoring midfielder is to the team.

Fuck pressing and control said Tito, I want chaos, why like pep would have have a core of 15_16 players that i trust and play them endlessly with the youth getting the remaining minutes.

Why should I rotate heavely in the first half of the season with these core players then in the business end stick to the best players

Why always make a change no matter how small or big against, big teams and has a result pawn all big teams I have come up against, are most anyways.

What the team really needs is more goals because goals from midfield is what really win games this has been shown to be the case throughout the history of football, its the teams with midfielder that score 18+ goals that win things

Not teams that have have two or three forwards who can get 20 plus goals per season and midfilders that control the game like happened while I was their.

No get fucking lampard and all will be well

messiah

Post by messiah on Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Jaime wrote:No because Iniesta has never really scored that much. He scores some big goals, but in terms of quantity he's always been very minimalist. I think there was one year where he really scored quite a few but apart from that - as Calidad would acknowledge - he makes no impact on the game. Ale

lol!

The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Fri May 03, 2013 2:38 pm

messiah wrote:I for one has said all along that we should have sold xavi and iniesta and replace them with the likes of kaka,lamps and gerrard but pep was stupid enough to keep them, I mean seriously what does control have to do with football its all about scoring goals and making more direct runs at goal has as happen this season under Tito especially in the first half of the season, cesc showed them how important a goal scoring midfielder is to the team.

Fuck pressing and control said Tito, I want chaos, why like pep would have have a core of 15_16 players that i trust and play them endlessly with the youth getting the remaining minutes.

Why should I rotate heavely in the first half of the season with these core players then in the business end stick to the best players

Why always make a change no matter how small or big against, big teams and has a result pawn all big teams I have come up against, are most anyways.

What the team really needs is more goals because goals from midfield is what really win games this has been shown to be the case throughout the history of football, its the teams with midfielder that score 18+ goals that win things

Not teams that have have two or three forwards who can get 20 plus goals per season and midfilders that control the game like happened while I was their.

You're going to have to show me who is suggesting Barcelona replace Xavi and Iniesta with Gerrard and Lampard, because otherwise this post looks like the ramblings of a madman.
messiah

Post by messiah on Fri May 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Rafael Glenítez wrote:
messiah wrote:I for one has said all along that we should have sold xavi and iniesta and replace them with the likes of kaka,lamps and gerrard but pep was stupid enough to keep them, I mean seriously what does control have to do with football its all about scoring goals and making more direct runs at goal has as happen this season under Tito especially in the first half of the season, cesc showed them how important a goal scoring midfielder is to the team.

You're going to have to show me who is suggesting Barcelona replace Xavi and Iniesta with Gerrard and Lampard, because otherwise this post looks like the ramblings of a madman.

I am a bit mad oracles always are

But the fact is we need goal scoring midfielders to fix the team with that all will be well and those two are the best at this art and kaka as well
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Fri May 03, 2013 2:58 pm

messiah wrote:
Rafael Glenítez wrote:

I am a bit mad oracles always are

But the fact is we need goal scoring midfielders to fix the team with that all will be well and those two are the best at this art and kaka as well

have you recently woken up from a coma?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 am