Arsènal FC - 2014-2015

Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: Arsènal FC - 2014-2015

Post by Rosicky on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 pm

2 wins in 7.

1 of which was the latest minute winner on the opening day. Could this be the season when it all collapses for Wenger?
TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TheCrazy58 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Debuchy out until December after surgery on his ankle ligaments and Monreal out until mid-October with a back injury. We are down to four fit first team centre-backs (Gibbs, Mert, Kos and Chambers). Rolling Eyes
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:23 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:Debuchy out until December after surgery on his ankle ligaments and Monreal out until mid-October with a back injury. We are down to four fit first team centre-backs (Gibbs, Mert, Kos and Chambers). Rolling Eyes

heh, now there's a circumstance that couldn't possibly have been predicted. you'll have to be putting Flamini back in defence before long..
Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Poldi wanna leave in january. He told in an interview. Well, he doesn't cut it anymore for Arsenal thus wouldn't be a big loss for you.

Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Özil is dead til 2015
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:05 pm

He has been such a hit for Arsenal so far...
TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 am

Only October and AW has plenty of excuses for not finishing in top 4 this season Rolling Eyes

Having said that, I'm not sure if Ozil's absence would have that much of an impact. It clears the way for Cazorla who can start regularly now.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Fey wrote:He has been such a hit for Arsenal so far...

Whenever I see Arsenal, Ozil is playing on the wing... that is so silly, a sure way to waste a good player. Arsenal have too many similar attacking midfielders, and too few (or none) quality defensive ones.
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Oezil is hardly any better on the inside if you've seen Germany play for the last year... he was actually at his best playing on the right for Jose's Madrid, so there's that.
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Ozil has definitely looked best playing at #10 for us. He played the 1st few games this season out wide and didn't look good. Probably down to the fact those were essentially his pre seasons games (still didn't stop idiots having a go at him) and he immediately looked very good when he was played in the middle against Villa and Besiktas (again could be down to the fact he got sharper after his 1st few games) but we saw him struggle in the next game against Chelsea playing out wide. We are definitely gonna miss him, no one uses the ball better in our team than him.

I have been very critical of our performances in the big games; but I think our approach and set up was spot on against Chelsea. Credits to Wenger for recognising his mistakes in the past and doing something about them.

That game was decided by small margins, such as us switching off (one of the very few times in the game), Hazard magic, Jack and Alexis miscontrolling  key passes in the final 3rd etc It wasn't the boys vs men stuff we've seen in the big games of late. We could have easily got a draw on another day.

One thing we have to remember Chelsea have been playing that way and winning trophies since 1816, they know how to operate in that negative set up inside out, it's so ingrained in them everything they should do in certain situations is 2nd nature to them, they don't even have to think. If that was a Chelsea player in Santi's position, he'd have hacked down Hazard, even without thinking. So we were always more likely to cock up defensively and unfortunately for us, Hazard was on his game that day to take advantage.

What impressed me more was how we reacted after we went a goal down; in the past we used to immediately go into panic mode and bomb forward in huge numbers in desperate search of an equaliser as if we were deep into extra of a cup final and then subsequently getting done on the break, not this time though. We were calm, composed, kept our shape and picked the right moment to attack. You could see we were well prepared tactically before the game.  Of course we had to take more risk at some point in the 2nd half and the game opened up a bit more for Chelsea to attack. A big shame we switched off again for the 2nd goal otherwise those last 15 minutes could have been very interesting.

A slight criticism of Wenger, I think he should have switched Ozil and Alexis around midway through the 1st half. Yes, I also hate Ozil on the left, but Chambers needed better protection and Ivanovic was frustrating Alexis with his tight marking (he was on him as soon as he received a pass). Ivanovic would have struggled much more against Ozil because of the German's tendency to roam, meaning he either had to mark empty space or follow him around (not done!) and Alexis would have provided much better cover for Chambers.

A big handicap for us in games like that at the moment is we are yet to gel going forward (new forwards, different set up, key forward players absent or off form), so that makes it very difficult to really hurt top defensive teams. A big shame Ozil has picked up a long term injury because I was expecting our attack to click in the next few weeks. There are huge talents in this team in midfield and in forward areas, it will just take some time for all of it to come together.

Chelsea are a very annoying team to play against; they always maintain the right distance between their players throughout and as soon as they lose the ball, they pressure the ball carrier and if you play through their pressure, they take turns to hack you down. So they constantly have men behind the ball (all well positioned) and you constantly have to play through a blue wall that is almost impregnable. Scoring the 1st goal against them is crucial to beating them and that is exactly our problem; we hardly score the 1st goals against the big teams and we always concede in the 1st half. Anyway, the best result any of our rivals could get at Stamford Bridge this season is a draw IMO, so it's not a disaster losing this one.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:15 pm

The sooner Wenger buggers off the better.

Anyway, Alexis and Ozil Ale

Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Buggers off or a place upstairs at the Gunners?
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:54 am

No, f**s off completely.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Rosicky Sad

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/11/rosicky-im-fit-to-play-im-not-sure-why-i-dont/?utm_source=feedburner.com%2Farseblognews&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblognews+%28Arseblog+News+-+the+Arsenal+news+site%29
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:09 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2867516/Galatasaray-1-4-Arsenal-Lukas-Podolski-strike-sparks-Gunners-stroll-Aaron-Ramsey-scores-stunning-volley-Wesley-Sneijder-bags-consolation-free-kick.html

how on earth does Wenger get away with benching Poldi ????

the club is run by a complete and utter lunatic
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Typical German...
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Explain please.

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Kimbo.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Maybe somebody will be interested to read more about Bielik, this was prepared by my collegue when he was asked about Bielik by some foreign journalists:

- He came from Legia's archrivals last July as 16 year old.

- He played six games. Five in Ekstraklasa, Henning Berg gave him two times in the starting line-up, one cameo in Europa League.

- Legia made great deal, because they paid 50k zlotys and now, according to the media reports, they will sell him 2,5 mln euros and some add on. So you can count what just Lech did.

- Defensive midfielder with good header. He is U17 player. They say that he can play as center back, but was never used like that in the national team.

- Arsenal started proceedings in the November. Two offers were rejected and third was accepted.

- In the meantime Hamburg entered the talks, but German offer wasn't good for Legia.

- Kid said from the beginning that he wanted to go to Arsenal.

- He is third player from Legia who went to Arsenal after Fabiański, Szczęsny.

- wenger said he will be training with the first team.

- he was found by playing for u17 national team. Not in Legia. In Legia he played only few matches. To little to deceide the transfer.

Bielik:

- Yaya Toure from Manchester City is my Idol. We have similar height, but as for now he's much stronger than me. I like his playing style. He is very good at defending, but also he gives a lot attacking quality. I would like to play like him. I don't have the best foreign team but I like Real Madrid's way of play.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:08 pm

wormshole wrote:Kimbo.

Thanks dad.
Fey

Post by Fey on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Explain please.

Arseception?
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Why do Polish footballers who play for Arsenal have such slappable faces?

This kid is undoubtedly owns a selfie stick.

Fey

Post by Fey on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Lloris and Vertonghen dont have slappable faces at all!!

It must be pure Arsenal players Erm
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Fey wrote:Lloris and Vertonghen dont have slappable faces at all!!

It must be pure Arsenal players Erm

They aren't the same nationality, are they Anne Rolling Eyes
Fey

Post by Fey on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:27 pm

No they are not you silly kike, just shows you that being a c**t with a slappable face isnt reserved to mere Polish footballers that play for Arsenal.

You can be soooooo racist, jeez. tongue

stinger

Post by stinger on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:01 am

So, Gabriel Paulista (he should be called Gabriel, as Paulista is just any person from São Paulo) will be a new Arsenal player (if he can get his work permit, which in theory looks tricky).

Few notes from Villarreal perspective:
1) A little bit disappointed if he was sold below his release clause (15m pounds), especially in January. Villarreal really doesnt have to sell, but of course they've made a very good profit on him even if he was let go for 11-13m pounds (he was bought for 3m euro in 2013).
2) A little bit surprised Wenger went for somebody so similar to Koscielny, was expecting that he will look into someone who could play with either Koscielny or Mertesacker. But he is good and Marcelino is a very good manager tactically, so for sure he was well taught. He needs to get stronger physically though.
3) Can Campbell play right wing? Was told he was doing it for Olympiacos (should watch their matches against United last season more closely) and this is the position where he will be tried at El Madrigal, as he has no chance of breaking quartet of Vietto, Gio dos Santos, Uche and Gerard up front.
TheCrazy58

Post by TheCrazy58 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:11 pm

His real name is Gabriel Armando de Abreu. I'm stunned AW is buying someone we actually need Shocked
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 pm

stinger wrote:So, Gabriel Paulista (he should be called Gabriel, as Paulista is just any person from São Paulo) will be a new Arsenal player (if he can get his work permit, which in theory looks tricky).

Few notes from Villarreal perspective:
1) A little bit disappointed if he was sold below his release clause (15m pounds), especially in January. Villarreal really doesnt have to sell, but of course they've made a very good profit on him even if he was let go for 11-13m pounds (he was bought for 3m euro in 2013).
2) A little bit surprised Wenger went for somebody so similar to Koscielny, was expecting that he will look into someone who could play with either Koscielny or Mertesacker. But he is good and Marcelino is a very good manager tactically, so for sure he was well taught. He needs to get stronger physically though.
3) Can Campbell play right wing? Was told he was doing it for Olympiacos (should watch their matches against United last season more closely) and this is the position where he will be tried at El Madrigal, as he has no chance of breaking quartet of Vietto, Gio dos Santos, Uche and Gerard up front.

Kos' achilles are both fucked, so I understand why Wenger has gone for someone similar cos Kos-Merte is a quality partnership. Chambers will play the reserved, mopping up role in the absence of Merte.

Paulista isn't as a good passer as Kos though, is he? Do you think he could be as good as Kos when he peaks?

Yep, Campbell can play on the right, I actually think he's better (more comfortable) on that side from the games he's played for us.

stinger

Post by stinger on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:39 pm

I downloaded Arsenal vs Hull match (from FA Cup) but was surprised that he was lined up as left winger there. Even more surprised that he is a natural left footed player. From highlights I have seen that he was playing as right winger in Greece.

Regarding Gabriel:

1) I think he can be on Koscielny ability in 1-3 years and I also think he is better player comparing to Koscielny when Wenger bought him.

2) Regarding his passing skills - I think he is better when having some space, but weaker when under pressure.

3) I can be totally wrong though, transferring skills from Primera Division to Premier League can be a bitch.

4) One thing is sure - he should be good tactically (even if it was considered to be his weakness when he arrived at El Madrigal), as Villarreal is well drilled team.

5) Point taken regarding Koscielny achilles problems.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:28 pm

This one is doing it aswell!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 am