Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Re: Serie A 2013-14 Season Thread

Post by abundance on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:09 am

Pras_tama wrote:That is what they said about Moyes
oh =D
Did they?

I think you'll find that all kinds of things have been said about all kinds of winners and losers in the past.

Similarities end here, anyway, in this case I wasn't trying to say something positive about a mid-table coach who's getting decent results without displaying any apparent quality beyond the ability to shout from the sidelines.

I was saying that to point out that Inzaghi may be a young debutante, but there's no way that he would allow himself to land this job unprepared.
If there's someone you can picture spending every second of his life since he retired, awake or asleep, ruminating what he needs to do and learn to succeed, that is him.

In this respect he's the polar opposite of Seedorf, who's always thought that "being Clarence" was all he needed to do to be a winner forever.
And that self-appointing "trainer on the pitch" because he was already too lazy to run halfway his career was all he needed to do to learn coaching.

Inzaghi also thoroughly knows everything about Milan and has solid relationships with everybody in the org chart (again, because he knows he needs that to succeed).
Again, that's the opposite of Seedorf who's always thought that being "in the family" meant lapping daddy's ass and looking down everybody else.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22996
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:51 am

abundance wrote:
bluenine wrote:
That said, I hope they sign Inzaghi... in these days of darkness at Inter, the only thing that brings us some cheer is watch Milan below us.
Milan may very well struggle big time next year too.
They're in tatters, no money, commitment and lucidity from Berlusconi, and a very unusual for them internal management feud.

But I'm pretty much sure that you will be surprised by Inzaghi.

The guy has sheer determination, dedication and hunger to fill a dozen benches.

The very moment he ceased to commit himself 24/7 to be a record-breaking goal scorer in spite of what mother nature gave him, he started committing 24/7 to become the future Milan coach.

He's the breed-in-the-family guy in the best cousins' tradition, beloved by fans and management.
IMHO if Milan will have a bad year again it will be despite of him, non because of.

Oh, I gave up under estimating Inzaghi a long time ago. I remember laughing at Juve fans when we signed Ronaldo and they signed Inzaghi - He looked like a player with no obvious talent, I was so convinced Inzaghi was an one season wonder who just won't cut it at top level. Never under estimated that wily little weasel since.

But Milan's crisis is as acute as Inters, and this is not an ideal time to bring in a rookie. We burned a talented young coach in a similar fashion recently, I hope to God Strama recovers and gets back on track at Udinese, and it could easily go the same way for Inzaghi at Milan... The ideal way for developing Inzaghi would be to make him assistant to a top coach at Milan for a couple of years, or to send him out to a smaller Serie A team for experience. This is a shove at the deep end, and not everyone learns to swim that ways.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:18 pm

For a club in financial crisis and no CL, we sure are linked to some good players... Now I hear Jovetic, Lukaku, M'Vila, Mbia, & Criscito/Darmian. That is crazy. Though that would make us CL spot contenders.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Let me dream for a moment: Inter 2014-15

Icardi/Palacio
Hernanes - Jovetic
M'Vila - Kovacic - Mbia
Nagatomo - Vidic - Ranocchia - Darmian
Handanovic

Mazzarri will probably never play this, but this does look good.
Murray

Number of posts : 10194
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:16 pm

bluenine wrote:Let me dream for a moment: Inter 2014-15

Icardi/Palacio
Hernanes - Jovetic
M'Vila - Kovacic - Mbia
Handanovic

It would look even better without Ranocchia
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:Let me dream for a moment: Inter 2014-15

Icardi/Palacio
Hernanes - Jovetic
M'Vila - Kovacic - Mbia
Handanovic

It would look even better without Ranocchia

For some reason, Inter are cribbing about pennies re Rolando, who I thought had a decent season for us. I would prefer Rolando to Ranocchia. Maybe even Juan, but not sure how he will do in a 4 man defense.

I hear Jovetic has rubbished the rumours... heres a surprise.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Its funny to read Ausilio talking about Inter's transfer strategy. What fucking strategy? Let me tell you about Inter mercato "strategy":

2011: Inter buy Pazzini for 19m (12m + Biabiany)
2012: Inter swap Pazzini for Cassano + 7m
2013: Inter give away Cassano + 4m for half of Belfodil
2014: Inter give away their half of Belfodil for half of Crisetig (a player from our own youth academy).
2014: Inter now want to buy Biabiany back for 12m??

So basically in 3 years, we will have spent almost 28m to fully own Crisetig and Biabiany, two players we already owned to start with (in 2011). And this is not even counting the disastrous wage bill impact of these idiotic transfers in between. So if in 2011, we had just stuck with Crisetig and Biabiany in the first place (two players who are still not good enough to start for Inter, mind you), we would have saved 40m+.

This looks more like money laundering than transfer fucking strategy...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:52 am