La Roja

Share
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 30
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by Kroos on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:40 am

still can`t score lol!
avatar
RedDevil

Number of posts : 57
Supports : Man Utd
Favourite Player : Rooney
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Re: La Roja

Post by RedDevil on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Kroos wrote:still can`t score lol!

It is funny. Maybe they should bring back raul

Neway ur the last one who can talk. The krauts got slapped by the argies. Shows that the World Cup win was a complete fluke.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: La Roja

Post by Jaime on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:36 pm

F*cking hell Del Bosque has called Munir to replace Diego Costa. Doh What about Llorente? What about Aduriz? Unreal.

Obviously some big problems with Spain. Not just shut out I don't think there was even a proper shot on target. There were some really good spells, particularly in the first half. But the team still doesn't full know how to utilise Diego Costa and vice versa. Costa's big problem is he just stands and watches while the rest of the team knocks the ball around the pitch. There is no attempt of him to lose his marker. When the team countered, he looked dangerous.

For the life of me I can see no point to Cazorla. He's a good player but he doesn't really offer anything different or unique. Raul Garcia, I'm not sold on him especially if he is going to play out on the right hand side. He works for Atletico but I don't know if he translates to Spain. Azpilicueta should be the new Arbeloa, used situationally but for me he is not a left back and not as good as Carvajal on the right either. In fact it was really his mistake that led to the goal.

I think if everyone is fit something like this could work:

-----------------De Gea

Carvajal-----Pique-----S. Ramos-----J. Alba

------------Busquets----Koke

---Silva------------Cesc----------Iniesta

------------------D. Costa

Maybe someone like Isco for Silva. Or Pedro if they want a slight variation. Even though it would be a narrow team with Carvajal and Alba there would be out wide that could stretch the other teams defenders a bit.

I liked De Gea's performance. He didn't give up a lot of rebounds which has really become a terrible habit for Casillas. Eventually there will have to be a change and I think if it's now De Gea is ready to step in.
avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:18 pm

All I have to say is:

David De Gea SELECCIÓN
avatar
Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Age : 32
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Re: La Roja

Post by Antarion on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Lost me some cashhh ffs Surprised too bad everyone will qualify anyway. Could have been some nice rematches, but no way a big country will miss top 3.


Guest
Guest

Re: La Roja

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Jaime wrote:F*cking hell Del Bosque has called Munir to replace Diego Costa. Doh What about Llorente? What about Aduriz? Unreal.

Obviously some big problems with Spain. Not just shut out I don't think there was even a proper shot on target. There were some really good spells, particularly in the first half. But the team still doesn't full know how to utilise Diego Costa and vice versa. Costa's big problem is he just stands and watches while the rest of the team knocks the ball around the pitch. There is no attempt of him to lose his marker. When the team countered, he looked dangerous.

For the life of me I can see no point to Cazorla. He's a good player but he doesn't really offer anything different or unique. Raul Garcia, I'm not sold on him especially if he is going to play out on the right hand side. He works for Atletico but I don't know if he translates to Spain. Azpilicueta should be the new Arbeloa, used situationally but for me he is not a left back and not as good as Carvajal on the right either. In fact it was really his mistake that led to the goal.

I think if everyone is fit something like this could work:

-----------------De Gea

Carvajal-----Pique-----S. Ramos-----J. Alba

------------Busquets----Koke

---Silva------------Cesc----------Iniesta

------------------D. Costa

Maybe someone like Isco for Silva. Or Pedro if they want a slight variation. Even though it would be a narrow team with Carvajal and Alba there would be out wide that could stretch the other teams defenders a bit.

I liked De Gea's performance. He didn't give up a lot of rebounds which has really become a terrible habit for Casillas. Eventually there will have to be a change and I think if it's now De Gea is ready to step in.

I would choose the same team apart from Diego Costa, I would start with Paco Alcacer instead. With Diego Costa coming off the bench when he can over-power and out-run the oppositions tired players.

If Iniesta continues his poor form then I would give Isco more playing time in his position. Isco , Alcacer and Koke are the future for Spain.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: La Roja

Post by Jaime on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:All I have to say is:

David De Gea SELECCIÓN

Ale

Guest
Guest

Re: La Roja

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:05 am

f**k Cesc, Isco is already twice the player Cesc is. This new Spanish team should be primary built around Isco. He's so talented, it's scary to think how good he could become. He reminds of Zidane.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: La Roja

Post by Jaime on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:13 pm

Lose Mourinho wrote:f**k Cesc, Isco is already twice the player Cesc is. This new Spanish team should be primary built around Isco. He's so talented, it's scary to think how good he could become. He reminds of Zidane.

Isco + Koke. Shocked
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: La Roja

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Spain U19s are champions of Europe again! And without a single Barcelona player in the squad! Where are you La Masia?????

Guest
Guest

Re: La Roja

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:38 pm

110% wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Xavi (finally) retires from international football.

Spain midfielder Xavi announces his retirement from international football

• Barcelona player won 133 caps for his country
• Xavi: ‘I’m grateful for all those years’




Spain midfielder Xavi has announced his retirement from international football.

The Barcelona player, 34, was part of the teams that won successive major tournaments at Euro 2008, the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and Euro 2012.

“I have decided to retire from international football,” Xavi told a press conference on Tuesday. “I’m grateful for all those years. It has been a fantastic time.”

“From now on I’m another fan of the Spain team. I’m grateful to everybody at the Federation (RFEF), it’s been a marvellous time for me to be there for so many years and have so much success. I’m leaving very proud and I wish them all the best.”

Xavi made his international debut in 2000, the same year as he helped Spain win an Olympic silver medal in Australia. Further success came in 2008 when he was named player of the tournament as Spain won the European Championship in Austria and Switzerland - the country’s first international success since 1964.

Two years later Xavi was a key part of the Spain squad that won the World Cup for the first time in their history, and then in 2012 he helped his country retain their Euro crown in Poland and Ukraine.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/05/xavi-retires-international-football-spain-barcelona

End of an era.

The era ended 3 games ago, against Holland.

Agree with kroos, great player, but a bit overrated. Works in only one system which was used at club and national level, with the added benefit of familiarity with his team-mates at both levels, who collectively controlled 70%+ possession and therefore the majority of games. He was an important player to that system, but it was the system that won those tournaments.



Look at all them assists in Classico's, CL Finals, Euro Finals, WC SF's etc

Plus he controlled them games from start to finish.

Overrated my arse.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by Fey on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:22 pm

For me the greatest midfielder I've seen allthough Zidane and Iniesta were/are more complete. If he is overrated, then everyone is. Infact, Xavi is most likely the most underrated player of all time. For years I look at all these kids with Barca and Madrid shirts with Messi and Ronaldo on it. But nobody has Xavi. He deserved a golden ball.


But I just favour his way of playing. Allthough Xavi didnt win much before Iniesta and Messi came along, and Messi without Iniesta and Xavi is also less, makes it interesting how good Iniesta will be for Spain and Barca.

Guest
Guest

Re: La Roja

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:42 pm

We are still a good team full of quality players but what this team is missing is "cracks", I am talking about players like Xavi, David Villa and a prime Iniesta. Without these players I doubt we would have won anything.

There isn't enough penetration from us anymore, too many players who are similar. I would replace Fabregas with the more dynamic Koke, Koke is better defensively and provides great set-pieces, and Isco must start, I would start him ahead of Silva, Isco is more direct and more of a goal threat.

Up front I would probably go with Morata now, he has overtook Alcacer in the last year. No Diego Costa please.

Saying that Morata just went off injured (so did Silva....both Silva and Aguero injured on international duty then Sad ).

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: La Roja

Post by stinger on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:47 pm

What a debut for Mario Gaspar cheers

He has to be one of the most underrated players in La Liga, plus for RB he seems to be scoring a few goals (from open play usually, sam crackers too). Too bad Carvajal will be difficult to displace.

Sponsored content

Re: La Roja

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:55 am