Post by messiah on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:19 pm

ATLETICO MADRID FOR THE DOUBLE
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: La Liga 2013/14 Season Thread

Post by messiah on Thu May 01, 2014 3:06 am

Koke,Turan,Gabi,Suarez,Tiago,Rodriquez,Diego,garcia

atletico madrid's midfield now if we add saul,torres and maybe Guilavogui to that.

the depth is going to be amazing next season without them spending much.

their main area of focus should be getting one defender to back up miranda and godin that the coach has faith in, and a to striker to replace costa. with leo who is a talented player coming back. and their squad will be reach to take on the challenge again next season.

a goalkeeper is also a must off course, but i don't know whats happening between them and Chelsea.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Thu May 01, 2014 3:41 am

messiah wrote:Koke,Turan,Gabi,Suarez,Tiago,Rodriquez,Diego,garcia

atletico madrid's midfield now if we add saul,torres and maybe Guilavogui to that.

the depth is going to be amazing next season without them spending much.

their main area of focus should be getting one defender to back up miranda and godin that the coach has faith in, and a to striker to replace costa. with leo who is a talented player coming back. and their squad will be reach to take on the challenge again next season.

a goalkeeper is also a must off course, but i don't know whats happening between them and Chelsea.

I think Courtois has another year on the current loan deal. Jose will never take him back at Chelsea now so probably Atleti will be able to make a permanent deal just depends on the price.

I think Diego will go back to Wolfsburg and Sosa too is on loan. Never been a fan of Cebolla Rodriguez but Simeone likes him. But the kids they have out on loan could be ready for the big time.

Like you say, they need to maybe address the backline. Not just the centre backs. Filipe, Godin, Miranda and Juanfran have all played a ton of minutes this year. They have Alderweireld but Simeone doesn't seem to have much faith him. Same with Insua. Manquillo is a pretty decent right back he is still quite young so maybe Simeone will ease him into the squad.
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu May 01, 2014 3:48 am

yeah i was thinking about the fullback positions as well but then i remember maniquillo, didnt even remember insua, so a upgrade is needed in that position as back up, and as we agree a 3rd choice CB who the coach trust.

if jose is stupid enough to reject courtois then great for atletico, though he will be out in a few years even if he stays at atletico

with the money they get from costa if he leaves, they should be able to address the few weakness in their squad

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 am

Guardian comments wrote:A short message for those who frequent the La Liga blogs to say how shit it is!
Two La Liga teams in the Champions League final
Two La Liga teams in the Europa league semi-finals, (one fifth placed team, one eight placed). One sure to go through.
Even the team languishing at the bottom of La Liga team (Betis) got into the last 16 of Europa, only to be beaten by Sevilla on penalties.
On the way, the cream of Germany and England were destroyed.
In 2014, La Liga pulls away at the top of the UEFA table as the strongest league in Europe.
Clearly the work of a mickey mouse league, akin to the Scottish Premier!
 <Ale> 
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu May 01, 2014 2:17 pm

messiah wrote:yeah i was thinking about the fullback positions as well but then i remember maniquillo, didnt even remember insua, so a upgrade is needed in that position as back up, and as we agree a 3rd choice CB who the coach trust.

if jose is stupid enough to reject courtois then great for atletico, though he will be out in a few years even if he stays at atletico

with the money they get from costa if he leaves, they should be able to address the few weakness in their squad

I think they will only sell Costa if someone pays the buyout. They have already earned an additional 55m euro for their progress in the CL and reportedly they are getting a new shirt sponsorship so this is not like Atletico in the past where they basically were obliged to sell their best player if someone came with a big offer.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu May 01, 2014 2:20 pm

stinger wrote:
Guardian comments wrote:A short message for those who frequent the La Liga blogs to say how shit it is!
Two La Liga teams in the Champions League final
Two La Liga teams in the Europa league semi-finals, (one fifth placed team, one eight placed). One sure to go through.
Even the team languishing at the bottom of La Liga team (Betis) got into the last 16 of Europa, only to be beaten by Sevilla on penalties.
On the way, the cream of Germany and England were destroyed.
In 2014, La Liga pulls away at the top of the UEFA table as the strongest league in Europe.
Clearly the work of a mickey mouse league, akin to the Scottish Premier!
 <Ale> 

I said it somewhere else but the point is not that the teams themselves are shit but that the competition for the league had become quite shit. Until this year nobody was even finishing within shouting distance of Real Madrid and Barcelona since Sevilla in 06-07. But la liga teams were always giving a good accounting of themselves in Europe. But that didn't change the fact that nobody had a squad that could compete. Even those Valencia teams with Villa, Silva, Mata, Joaquin, Albelda, Marchena...they never mounted a serious challenge on the league.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Sun May 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Atletico 1-0 down....are they gonna bottle it?
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun May 04, 2014 5:29 pm

jesus fucking christ atletico is losing

stinger

Post by stinger on Sun May 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Keylor Navas had another of his amazing games this season.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sun May 04, 2014 6:06 pm

messiah wrote:jesus fucking christ atletico is losing

Don't worry Messiah Barca will bend over backwards for them in the last game and Malaga at home they should win.

stinger

Post by stinger on Sun May 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Cristiano wrote:

Don't worry Messiah Barca will bend over backwards for them in the last game and Malaga at home they should win.
Bigger question in this scenario would be - who will play role of "Luis" from Real Madrid fans here?  Wink
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun May 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Cristiano wrote:

I know we will, its just a matter of malaga
Cristiano

Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,

Post by Cristiano on Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Fuck Lopez
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Sun May 04, 2014 9:13 pm

What happens if all 3 finish on level points ?

stinger

Post by stinger on Sun May 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Rosicky wrote:What happens if all 3 finish on level points ?
Small table with results between them.
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun May 04, 2014 9:54 pm

fucking god damn it.
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx on Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Haha. Crazy
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Sun May 04, 2014 10:14 pm

This should be interesting, could get to the last day with every team in with a Good chance.
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun May 04, 2014 10:23 pm

didn't want it to work this way, wanted atletico to win their two games and make it easy. or real to drop points while us and atletico win, so the title would be decided between the two. now it all sort a complicated, do we try to beat atletico knowing it will likely had the title to real.

I SAY HELL NO

I don't care if it's something obvious like a backpass from Pinto from into his own box.
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Sun May 04, 2014 10:40 pm

messiah wrote:didn't want it to work this way, wanted atletico to win their two games and make it easy. or real to drop points while us and atletico win, so the title would be decided between the two. now it all sort a complicated, do we try to beat atletico knowing it will likely had the title to real.

I SAY HELL NO

I don't care if it's something  obvious like a backpass  from Pinto from into his own box.

And if we drop points like today on the last day, how u you feel about giving up on the title for yourself in that manner  Laughing 
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun May 04, 2014 10:48 pm

Cristiano wrote:
messiah wrote:didn't want it to work this way, wanted atletico to win their two games and make it easy. or real to drop points while us and atletico win, so the title would be decided between the two. now it all sort a complicated, do we try to beat atletico knowing it will likely had the title to real.

I SAY HELL NO

I don't care if it's something  obvious like a backpass  from Pinto from into his own box.

And if we drop points like today on the last day, how u you feel about giving up on the title for yourself in that manner  Laughing 

you wont espanyol will be thinking the samething we are and throw the game, probably a 10 nil to you guys.

besides i wouldn't be mad if atletico won, they deserve it
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon May 05, 2014 3:26 am

just realized if atletico win their game against malaga, they would only need a draw against us, to win the title on head to head against real.

like i was saying earlier this season, real would regret their results us and atletico.

because i can see us and atletico, playing out a draw now. i thought they had to win against us to secure the league.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm

A really bad result for us but that equalizer means that we now need a Barcelona victory which doesn't change things hugely because in any circumstance we needed for Barcelona to be motivated enough to win. Difference is that if Barcelona lets a lead slip it will cost us. Now we just need for Barcelona not to drop any more points.
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon May 05, 2014 1:26 pm

COPA: Real
League: Barca
CL: Atletico

I cans see the headlines now, US and Atletico holding up the big trophies and real with the little cup in the background.

it would be too funny
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 05, 2014 1:48 pm

I think the results set up perfectly for us to win the league.

If we win the last three games that puts us on 92 points. Barcelona wins two more including the last one against Atletico leaving them on 91 and poor Atletico finish on 91 as well.

Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 05, 2014 1:51 pm

I SAY HELL NO

lol!

Valors. Ale

You want to send Puyol off in disgrace?????? Laughing
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Wed May 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Ronaldo off injured after 9 minutes No.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 pm

TM wrote:Ronaldo off injured after 9 minutes No.

He'd pulled out of training yesterday with a slight injury. No idea why he was even playing today.

Sergio Ramos can't stop scoring. Surprised he's playing as well with just having his kid born two days ago.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 pm

...and also Casillas starts a league game Shocked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 pm