Real Madrid CF 2013/14

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2013/14

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Well I think he is different to Alonso, more athletic, more mobile. He doesn't have the physique of the players you mention but he still recovered more balls last year than the likes of Busquets, Toulalan, and Khedira so he is definitely not averse to doing the dirty work.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Yh he is surely different to alonso but i just see him more in a xavi alonso lines the type that should be building your play
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Well sure but as RM supporters can attest, you can't just have one midfielder that builds the play because as soon as the opposition makes a concerted effort to take that player (i.e. Alonso) out of the game and you are forced to give the reins of the team to someone like Khedira it all goes tits up! Illarra is really an all-rounder.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah but we don't need somebody who is a great passer just somebody who is capable because his physical weakness will be exposed in Europe against bigger teams. The Spanish slim DM model doesn't hold up when you're battling big guys unlike what you face in Spain.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:Yeah but we don't need somebody who is a great passer just somebody who is capable because his physical weakness will be exposed in Europe against bigger teams. The Spanish slim DM model doesn't hold up when you're battling big guys unlike what you face in Spain.

It has to be a mix, because Khedira's passing is exposed against good teams in Europe as well (e.g. Bayern, Barcelona, Dortmund).

I think the first choice for everyone would have been Paulinho but of the rest, I don't see anyone who is better than Illarramendi.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:28 pm

whats carlos prefered system?
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 am

Kroos wrote:whats carlos prefered system?
Generally it is 4-3-2-1 but he has been flexible when needed according to the squad at hand.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 am

Don't know if anyone has been watching the U20 World Cup. Obviously Jese has been the main headline (ANOTHER game winning goal against Mexico yesterday) but Derik has really had an excellent showing. He's got the pace and physique to really bully opposing strikers but he distributes the ball so well out of the back. Scored the equaliser against Mexico but he has been really tremendous. I expect he should be one of the key men for Castilla next season with all of the changes going on in the filial, lots of players that were kind of in the 23-24 year old range are leaving Castilla and so a lot of the kids that were standouts in the Juvenil team that was winning a lot a couple of years ago should have more prominent roles in Castilla. Derik, Diego Llorente, Omar, etc.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:38 am

Local defensive talent:cheers: 

About freaking time. Now this is somebody from the youth sides I can get excited about(De La Red hugely excepted). I have might doubts about Jese to be honest. He seems like a level below Ronaldo but that playing style needs to you to be a physical beast and I don't think Jese has that. I haven't seen him enough but if he is creative ability is relatively high level then it won't matter and might make very interesting but based on the little I have seen I think he has modeled himself on the wrong player.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:57 am

Derik is a beast, Super. You will love him trust me. Interesting background, Nigerian father and a Spanish mother, born in Madrid. He's been a big name for a while for those who follow the youth teams. He hasn't really featured with Castilla (but he's only just turned 20 this past February) much to date but like I said that is surely going to change next year.

As for Jese, I think only time will tell. He does have the talent. I think the comparisons with Ronaldo are a little unfair. They do play in similar positions and I think because of the haircuts and the 'glamour' factor they are painted with the same brush. But Jese is a much less selfish player, he sees the runs players are making in front of him and is able to play the little diagonal passes into space for his teammates. He also does more defensive work than Ronaldo. In the match against USA in the U20 WC even though Spain were up 4-0 he was busting his ass running back to help defend. And he plays with guts. That is what I like the best. He kind of reminds me of Higuain in that way that he has this self belief that he is going to score and I think that is why you see him coming up with so many late winners, he just refuses to give up. Like I said, time will tell. But her certainly deserves a chance and it looks like he will get it with Ancelotti and Zidane.
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 am

It's early days but I'm very happy with the Zidane - Ancelotti technical team so far. If they really are going to promote Morata + Jese that would be a bit step in the right direction and Illarramendi would be a great signing and show of intent with regards to making the team more Spanish. I'm also interested in whether Carvajal will be given a legitimate chance to challenge for Arbeloa's starting role. Alvaro has not been great lately and if nothing else, he could use more rest throughout the season.

Only thing I'm not as happy with so far is the lack of dead wood clearing which makes me fear that it'll come in the form of a cut-rate fire sale at the end of the summer. Kaka, Khedira, and Pepe all should go and some combination of Coentrao, Di Maria, Callejon, and Albiol might as well go if we don't have plans for them.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:40 am

So if not Cavani (The money Is just getting silly now), who?

I like Suarez as a player but we have got enough c**ts in the squad, one c**t has fucked off to Chelsea don't want another.
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Cristiano wrote:So if not Cavani (The money Is just getting silly now),  who?

I like Suarez as a player but we have got enough c**ts in the squad, one c**t has fucked off to Chelsea don't want another.

You'll have to narrow it down a bit. Wink 
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Jaime
Was surprised to see how big he was. Will certainy be on the radar now but I'm guesing we won't see him for the first team next season. I'll try to watch the next Spain U-20 game because didn't see get to see much of the Mexico game.

With regards to Jese, the reason people also compare is that you notice immediately when you see him how he has copied Ronaldo's style of dribbling down to the T. And if you're playing that style you better be a physical beast which Jese is not at the moment. I hope he has a wide repetoire so he can be something more complete. Unlike Derik he will get to test this out next season. I'm certainly on his side because he is the type who goes for goal unlike the many typica Spanish types who merely want to pass it about. Same reason I like Callejon and I want him to stay.

Pipita
I'm not too worried about Carvajal getting chances. The way he has been hyped up and Arbeloa hyped down, because of his performances and his stand as a Mourinhonista, tells me we shouldn't be surprised if Carvajal starts in the team. Especially given that Ancelotti generally likes his fullbacks to participate heavily in the game. I still think Arbeloa deserves much support though because he has been very solid for us for a while except last season.

I don't think Pepe is deadwood but I agree on Kaka,Khedira,Albiol needing to go. Kaka is quickly becoming the new Raul(in his bad years).

I'm not sure yet about Zidane because it seems like he might be part of the reason why we're not going for Cavani because he still believes in his boy Benzema who "needs" support from everybody which buying Cavani would ruin.Doh 
I don't think we need a certain amount of Spanish players. So far we have 12 Spanish players in the squad which is quite a bit. We have Alonso+Modric and I think we should go for somebody who can replace the physical element Khedira brings because I don't trust weaklings like Illarramendi protecting the midfield. It's like having Busquets being our anchor. We missed the boat on Paulinho but we should go for a Kondogbia or Vidal and I would prefer the height(and price) of Kondogbia.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:51 pm

campana is so much better than kondogbia its not even funny, just saying.
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:02 pm

as it relates to jese he will have to play as a cf are just off him, he doesn't have the creativity,pace or strength to beat his man and make something for himself or others. to play wide based on what i have seen last season and at the euros, but he does have the ability to be in the right place at the right time
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Doh 
I forgot my favourite:

He would be great even though Benfica would squeeze every penny out of us yet again. I think he would be well worth it because he is very well rounded but primarily a Dm. Plus he is 1.94 meters:drunken:  while Khedira is 1.89 meters and Illarramendi is 1.79 meters Whistle 
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 pm

messiah wrote:as it relates to jese he will have to play as a cf are just off him, he doesn't have the creativity,pace or strength to beat his man and make something for himself or others. to play wide based on what i have seen last season and at the euros, but he does have the ability to be in the right place at the right time

lolz for the winning goal against Mexico he beat three defenders before shooting for goal.

Facts. ok
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:19 pm

messiah wrote:campana is so much better than kondogbia its not even funny, just saying.

Truth. Ale
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:22 pm

he doesn't even beat one he just runs across the goal before he gets a deflection, throughout the entire game he couldn't beat his man was doing nothing in the last 3rd until the goal
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm

messiah wrote:he doesn't even beat one he just runs across the goal before he gets a deflection, throughout the entire game he couldn't beat his man was doing nothing in the last 3rd until the goal

You said he doesn't have the PACE or STRENGTH!!!!!!!

He had plenty of good moments in the second half, don't know about the first half as I didn't see it. But you are mostly talking bullshit. Biggrin

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:41 pm

I think Illarramendi is happening. I have a friend who supports Real Sociedad and he said that the rumour around San Sebastian is that we are ready to pay the buyout, Ancelotti really wants him.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 pm

The Madrid-San Sebastian connection:?: 

I'm hoping for Matic still
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:The Madrid-San Sebastian connection:?: 

Honestly, at the moment we only have Modric, Alonso, Khedira, and Casemiro. So if we are going to have a three man midfield (and Khedira is leaving!!!!!) it would not be outrageous to sign two. Matic has a very delicate touch for such a big man and seems to have an eye for playing these little through passes over the top. Found a stream of the Chelsea-Benfica EL final that I'm going to go back and watch later when I get a few minutes.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Jaime wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:The Madrid-San Sebastian connection:?: 

Honestly, at the moment we only have Modric, Alonso, Khedira, and Casemiro. So if we are going to have a three man midfield (and Khedira is leaving!!!!!) it would not be outrageous to sign two. Matic has a very delicate touch for such a big man and seems to have an eye for playing these little through passes over the top. Found a stream of the Chelsea-Benfica EL final that I'm going to go back and watch later when I get a few minutes.
A good final with a progressive winner
Do share:biggrin: 
messiah

Post by messiah on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:he doesn't even beat one he just runs across the goal before he gets a deflection, throughout the entire game he couldn't beat his man was doing nothing in the last 3rd until the goal

He had plenty of good moments in the second half, don't know about the first half as I didn't see it. But you are mostly talking bullshit. Biggrin

that didn't show either, your talking like he was out running defenders and holding them off, he he was just running across the 18 and the defenders were moving across the lone to close down space he only made a little run when he just received the ball, before that his defender took the ball of him almost everytime, the only good thing hw did before was when get dropped deep and closed down space and made a few nice passes.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 pm

messiah wrote:
Jaime wrote:

that didn't show either, your talking like he was out running defenders and holding them off, he he was just running across the 18 and the defenders were moving across the lone to close down space he only made a little run when he just received the ball, before that his defender took the ball of him almost everytime, the only good thing hw did before was when get dropped deep and closed down space and made a few nice passes.

What are you talking about initially the first two defenders are quite close and he accelerates past the them, third is a bit more passive ok.

Either way, it's more than what Gerard did in the entire game. Wink
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Isco's presentation:

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Looks like a Spanish Jamie Rednapp

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Jaime wrote:I think Illarramendi is happening. I have a friend who supports Real Sociedad and he said that the rumour around San Sebastian is that we are ready to pay the buyout, Ancelotti really wants him.

What is the buyout clause? I heard it is 45 million for Matic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:03 pm