Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Die Bundesliga 2014/15

Post by Allez les rouges on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Ä wrote:ok , let's have it

stop dillydallying, blut, kroos, allez and fey

what are your PREDICTIONS for the top FOUR

blut, saying Bayern can win the title, then again, so can Dortmund, is of course right, but's it's hardly a PREDICTION now is it ? see what puro did, not so difficult me thinks
Die Bundesliga, die.

You're not seriously expecting me to make a bold opinion for the sake of it. Why don't I go for Arsenal to win the league while we're at it Rolling Eyes

I would love Dortmund to beat Bayern but can't predict it despite Pep's defensive mess (and the fact that I was bored to tears during most of their preseason – unlike Friday by the way). Schalke have more X-factor than Neverkusen so them for 3rd maybe. Would be awesome if Fey were right and Berlin could edge them out too but that is miraculous wishful thinking.

Klassenerhalt will have to do for Werder for the time being, HIV to finish midtable.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Fey wrote:Bundesliga hip? It's the Burger King to the EPL McDonalds. Not the biggest but certainly not underground. Eredivisie is feckin White Castle hell its Febo!
You frequently make me laugh Fey.

Watched Videos of Bakkari - Hazard will soon be old news!

Bakkari vs Fischer will be the new debate.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Looks like Wolfsburg beat the international competition and signed Luiz Gustavo:

http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/fc-bayern-muenchen/article119030886/Luiz-Gustavo-wechselt-zum-VfL-Wolfsburg.html

Arsenal stinginess strikes back... but to be fair, I do believe that the Volkswagen connection had a lot to do with it. VW own Wolfsburg and have a big share in the Bayern München AG also through their daughter company Audi. VW CEO Winterkorn supposedly intervened himself and they have the money, of course.

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:15 pm

DOMINATION HUMILIATION PENETRATION

Good to see that a Bundesliga team like Wolfsburg that doesn't even play in Europe this season managed to beat the competition. Gustl to remain in Germany - shows the PULL of the league!

Wolfsburg now have a seriously good team. I expect them to finish on a EL spot if Hecking doesn't fuck it up. They do have the players, even if it's likely not enough for a top 4 finish yet.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:47 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Looks like Wolfsburg beat the international competition and signed Luiz Gustavo:

http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/fc-bayern-muenchen/article119030886/Luiz-Gustavo-wechselt-zum-VfL-Wolfsburg.html

Arsenal stinginess strikes back... but to be fair, I do believe that the Volkswagen connection had a lot to do with it. VW own Wolfsburg and have a big share in the Bayern München AG also through their daughter company Audi. VW CEO Winterkorn supposedly intervened himself and they have the money, of course.

I am not really familiar with Wolfsburg squad, but is this true that they've had abundance of DMs even before signing Luiz Gustavo?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:11 am

Abundance of players (who they want / have to get rid off), not necessarily quality defensive midfielders. Luiz Gustavo is a big upgrade to the rest of their central midfielders right now.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:
Fey wrote:Bundesliga hip? It's the Burger King to the EPL McDonalds. Not the biggest but certainly not underground. Eredivisie is feckin White Castle hell its Febo!

Ha! So Febo is not so underground anymore Very Happy

Bakkali is going to be huge indeed!

He could be their "Clocks"

<Ale>
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:19 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Kruse looks good again,  has to work on his finishing though.

Puro,  what about a few youngsters? I'm no expert on fantasy football,  but I can imagine them to be rather cheap.
He had a great season last year at Freiburg. Do you expect him to be good at 'Gladbach? He's listed as a midfielder, but I saw him as a forward for 'Gladbach.

I'll keep an eye on him. In the meantime I think Gündogan is hurt so it's Aubameyang or Reus in for him.

I expect Zoua to score some points so maybe bring him in for Firmino. Thanks for the Kruse info, blut!<Ale> 
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:33 am

Fey wrote:
Deluded F*ck™ wrote:

<Ale>
 I come to Amsterdam at least once a year, so that's how I know about them.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Febo? That disgusting 'automat' shop? Yeah, well, I guess hair metal bands like Poison are kinda 'underground' and hip nowadays, too. It all depends on the perspective...
Fey

Post by Fey on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Well, you could be a massive Mass effect fan TS!

Spoiler:

Show you again that in a perfect future Bitterballen rule the galaxy! Other nations are just behind, as always. So stop hating Blut, though you have a point that if you want to go really hardcore underground one has to go with Bram Ladage! They shit on Febo. Mainly because they are from here and Febo are from amsterdam Very Happy

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Fey wrote:
Deluded F*ck™ wrote:

<Ale>
Febo is alright if you're drunk, but I worry about how long their krokets and stuff have been sitting there growing their bacteria. I don't remember them doing bitternballen
Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Even before todays results I know that Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim will have a good season. Just talked about our surprise teams this season with a friend.
Mostly because other teams are pretty weak (Stuttgart, HSV, Bremen, Freiburg) or mediocre (Frankfurt, Schalke, Hannover, Gladbach)
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:36 am

i am a bit worried, from our 7 teams who will play in europe, only 3 in good shape

freiburg, frankurt, stuttgart need to qualify for the EL group stage

schalke will miss the hunter, and they look totally out of control

4 teams out of 7 <Ale> 
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Freiburg are already in the EL groups, aren't they?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Hamburg take part in another horror show but lose their power to shock

One of Germany's best supported, traditional clubs were again beaten heavily but alongside the anger there was little surprise

"Horror show", "disaster", "debacle", (Mopo), "downfall", "shooting gallery" (Bild), "a subterranean catastrophe" (the Hamburg goalkeeper René Adler): It wasn't so much the performance by the Rothosen in the 5-1 home defeat by TSG Hoffenheim that appalled their supporters but the fact that the associated 'shock' headlines have lost their power to shock.

Starting the season this poorly has become a way of life at Hamburg, and defeats of a similar magnitude throughout the last campaign have exhausted both the tabloid crisis vernacular and the possibilities for grand gestures of repentance. There are only so many remorseful barbecue parties you can invite your fans to, even if your name is Hamburger SV.

"This is not the first time that something like that has happened, it's the 10th time," said an angry Thorsten Fink. "Since [I came here] not once does have this team let me breath easily for two or three games in a row". The Hamburg manager's greatest problem is the side's total unpredictability, but maybe that pathological inconsistency has actually been a blessing for him when you consider Hamburg's strong propensity for falling apart completely at the drop of a hat: if it hadn't been for a few half-decent games and the odd convincing one, too, someone else would be driven to despair by now, possibly in the second division.

The first-half against Hoffenheim was indifferent enough to raise alarm bells. Rafael van der Vaart had cancelled out Roberto Firmino's opener with a penalty just before the break. But then all hell broke lose. "We had our instructions but every one did what they wanted," said the Hamburg centre-back Heiko Westermann.

Hoffenheim, led by the irrepressible playmaker Firmino and by Anthony Modeste in attack, scored almost at will on the counter, then again, again, and once more to make it an embarrassment. "Every shot went in," said their manager Markus Gisdol. "I feel sorry for the supporters who had to pay for this shit," remarked Adler.

Those ultimately responsible for the mess swiftly passed the buck. Both Fink ("the players need to think hard why they're playing this badly") and the sporting director, Oliver Kreuzer, pointed the finger at the so-called "Führungsspieler" – the established, experienced players in the side. "They are not in a position to bring any structure or stability to the team, and there are reasons for that," said Kreuzer, without offering any of his own. The captain, van der Vaart, in particular endured an unhappy afternoon. The Dutchman was subbed and jeered six minutes from time and threw his armband on the pitch in frustration.

Fink reacted by giving his men two days off. "I'm so pissed off, I don't want to see them," said the former Bayern midfielder. The measure, pre-planned before the defeat, didn't go down to well with the board nor the public; a Bild story about Dennis Aogo heading off to Mallorca for a quick holiday fueled the populist fires of unrest on Monday.

The bigger question is whether Fink's psychological approach to dealing with the team's defensive lapses is suffcient. The 45-year-old seems to follow the example of his former coach Ottmar Hitzfeld, who spent most of his time in Munich fine-tuning the complicated team-dynamic. Fink explained that there was no point in being "negativistic", in other words, to dwell on mistakes – "if you tell a little child not to run into a tree, it will run into a tree," he said. Maybe that's true. But that fragile mental state could surely be helped with some more concrete tactical instructions rather than treating his players like little children who cannot be trusted alone in the woods. Fink could address them as grown-ups and provide them with a map and a torch for their journey.

During the 2012/13 Bundesliga campaign, Hamburg's numbers added up to mediocrity: won 14, lost 14, drew six. Goal difference -11. The weakness behind Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen was such that this was enough for a seventh-place finish. Mid-table is a more realistic destination for this team, and that's probably the most depressing part of the story. Hamburg, despite their stature, rich tradition and fantastic support, look set to remain the league's greatest underachievers.

In what only can only be a horribly cruel, satirical piece, die Welt suggested that only "a radical solution like Felix Magath" could now save Hamburg from their fate as eternal also-rans. That's right – what this cash-strapped, incompetence-stricken club need most is Magath, the expert for sustainable, long-term team building, transfer-market know-how and sensitive man-management. It would be quite funny if it wasn't so frightening – there's every chance the board will take that mean-spirited suggestion seriously.

Talking points

• VfL Wolfsburg 4-0 Schalke 04

"Everyone felt here's one who can do it, and everyone's enjoyed [him doing] it," said the Wolfsbury sporting director, Klaus Allofs, after Luiz Gustavo's excellent debut for the club. The Brazilian mustered a pass completion rate of 98% and brought quiet elegance to the centre of the park, his colleagues in attack and some abysmal defending from the Royal Blues did the rest. "The only thing that Schalke showed were glaring weaknesses in all departments," wrote WAZ.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar hobbling off with a knee injury [out for four weeks] completed the nightmare. The preparation for the Champions League play-off game against Saloniki could not have been worse.

• Werder Bremen 1-0 Augsburg

40,000 supporters honoured recently-departed manager Thomas Schaaf for 14 years of service in the Weserstadion with a spine-tingling choreography. Schaaf was not himself there, which was probably a good thing; his memory as the most impassive Bundesliga manager since Ernst Happel will stay intact. But things have undoubtedly changed at the club. His successor, Robin Dutt, managed to win his second league game in charge 1-0 – not very Werder-like but welcome, nevertheless.

• Eintracht Frankfurt 0-1 Bayern

The game was so dull that it reminded Süddeutsche Zeitung of "hospital food designed to be easy on the stomach: lukewarm chicken with rice". A fair assessment, in terms of Bayern's mostly sterile dominance and Eintracht's willingness to be dominated. But the result could have easily turned out spicy, too: Pep Guardiola needed the benefit of a couple of favourable refereeing decisions – a questionable offside call against Alex Meier and a push on the player in the box that was overlooked – to register his second win. Both sides seemed fairly happy with the result, however. "They didn't kill us," said the Eintracht midfielder Pirmin Schwegler. Meanwhile, Manuel Neuer, the Bayern goalkeeper, said: "We didn't want to play brilliant football or take the opponents apart, the result was important today".

Matthias Sammer, to the surprise of nobody, had plenty of cause for concern. The Bayern sporting director first castigated the Spanish federation for their late call-ups of Thiago Alcantara and Javier Martínez for the friendly in Ecuador and then their lack of communication about their returns. "This is no way to deal with people," he said.

A second, infinitely more interesting grievance was with the team's fitness levels. "We saw that we don't have that stamina, that power yet," he said. "We have to get into this fast rhythm quickly. One or two players who might have come in later have to do more to achieve a perfect condition."

• Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Eintracht Braunschweig

Jonas Hofmann got the Yellow Wall's juices going with a goal – following a sensational pass from Mats Hummels – and by providing the assist for Marco Reus's penalty by way of getting fouled in the box. "To be able to bring on Hoffi with this freshness and virginity, to see him spread so much joy, was a wonderful thing," cheered Jürgen Klopp.

It was hard going at times, not helped by a silent protest from ultra groups who had been encircled and searched by police before the match. It didn't matter in the end – Dortmund are top of the league with the best start in 12 years. In addition, the last minute remnants of doubt about Robert Lewandowski's immediate future were resolved by awarding the Pole better wages (from £20,000 per-week to £60,000 per-week) for his last season at the Westfalenstadion. It's a sweetener aimed at keeping the striker motivated and can also be read as a tacit admission that the club have gone back on their promise to let him leave this summer. Dortmund changed tack after Mario Götze was snatched by Bayern and later argued that a reported offer for Lewandowski from Bayern was never a firm one.

But Lewandowski's importance to the team is such that they have taken a pragmatic step. He immediately reciprocated by getting on the scoresheet against Braunschweig. Sadly, his involuntary, deflected header also went into Roman Weidenfeller's net on 89 minutes.

Other results: Stuttgart 0-1 Leverkusen, Freiburg 1-2 Mainz, Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-0 Hannover, Nürnberg 2-2 Hertha.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/19/bundesliga-hamburg-hoffenheim-bayern

Good week for the 'plastic' clubs, Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg in particular looking strong. Despite only training a day or two with the team, Luiz Gustavo had a very good game for Wolfsburg. He's a serious upgrade to the other midfielders Wolfsburg had, they now look like a dangerous side with quite a few quality players in their ranks. Expect a good season for all the plastic clubs this season.
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm in the top 99.999999999% in the Bundesliga fantasy football thanks to my man blut who gave me a tip about Kruse. The competition is getting killed! Thank you, blut!Whoop 

I plan to strengthen the team with my man Diego like I planned. I already got rid of Boka and brought in Knoche and the result was immediate clean sheet. The "D" is strong now, the Midfield was very strong from the beginning and my strike force was already powerful but now I have to transfer the Dutchie frontman. Here comes Mandzukic!Whoop 
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Good going Puro. Just wished that Kruse was scoring for us these days and that our club hadn't let him go so prematurely like they did so often with talented young players.

Could be the transfer of the season, for just €2.5m a steal. Expect a strong season from Gladbach also.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Highlights of the Mönchengladbach - Hannover match:

Actually like his chip that lead to the second goal even more than his (first) goal itself, which was class also. Kruse looking really good, was involved in all three goals Gladbach scored, looked good against Bayern also. He has become a very well-rounded forward. Gomez and Klose better watch out... Ale
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Xavier wrote:Freiburg are already in the EL groups, aren't they?
hmm maybe i don`t know
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Be great if you guys can keep me updated on how Coquelin is getting on. Thanks Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:55 pm

You can get a neat overview yourself on transfermarkt.de:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/francis-coquelin/leistungsdaten/spieler_74869.html

There you'll find a list of every match he played in, in all competitions his club is playing. There also is an average rating done by a number of "Transfermarkt experts" for each match (under "Note" - Best rating is 1, worst is 6, so in case of Coquelin's first Bundesliga match vs. Leverkusen on the "RA" (= rechtsaußen = right wing) position, it's 3,9 on average, which is a below average / sub par performance.

An alternative is kicker.de, the 'gold standard' of German sport journalism:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/1-bundesliga/2013-14/sc-freiburg-7/57148/spieler_coquelin-francis.html

As you can see, Kicker gave him the rating of 5.0, which means a bad performance (6.0 being the worst). Kicker ratings are more significant, because they are generally accepted to be pretty accurate most of the time.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks.

Ratings don't look great so far. Hopefully he can get up to speed quickly because he's a good talent.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Never ceases to amaze me what an utterly chaotic club HSV are, the real 'FC Hollywood' these days. Abysmal performances on and off the pitch, board members trying to hit security in the face, players going on a trip to Mallorca despite their embarassing performances.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga-aerger-beim-hamburger-sv-a-917801.html

So much potential wasted it's ridiculous. They could easily challenge Bayern as far as the economic environment they operate in is concerned.
Fey

Post by Fey on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Never ceases to amaze me what an utterly chaotic club HSV are, the real 'FC Hollywood' these days. Abysmal performances on and off the pitch, board members trying to hit security in the face, players going on a trip to Mallorca despite their embarassing performances.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga-aerger-beim-hamburger-sv-a-917801.html

So much potential wasted it's ridiculous. They could easily challenge Bayern as far as the economic environment they operate in is concerned.
Ale

Just a few weeks a friend came to me wondering why HSV are so shite? Considering their economic background. Hamburg is a genuine city compared to Munich, and also rich as fuck. It's not just bad transfers..too many Wengers. Cause they hardly ever spend anything.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Götze's touch and skills make even Robben look like a donkey. Would have been a majestic goal if Robben's touch had been better after that pass by Mario.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:24 pm

horrible game
it`s van gaal time all over again

thiago flop of the match so far, close ahead of robben

Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Thiago/Robben should go off, Muller/Shaqiri (or Kroos) on. Problem solved.
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Muller on for Thiago, almost scores with his second touch.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Müller should be an automatic starter. Period. Unique and irreplacable.

Bayern look more threatening now he's playing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 9:36 pm