Milan 2013/14

Share
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Kaka is a Milan player.
Is that finalised? Milan would be silly to pay anything near Kaka's asking price (wages). Don't get me wrong, I am sure Kaka can help Milan... but with those kind of wages, and with Honda on his way, he ain't worth it.

Just like I was glad Inter passed up on Eto'o. We cannot afford those kind of wages anymore.
avatar
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Age : 38
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by abundance on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:49 am

According to Gazzetta, he's signing for two years at 4~4.5 mil net plus bonuses, so not much of a burden in that regard
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:03 am

abundance wrote:According to Gazzetta, he's signing for two years at 4~4.5 mil net plus bonuses, so not much of a burden in that regard
That's 16-18m before bonuses over the next two years. Perhaps that is a reasonable price. Or maybe Milan should have just spent the few million it took to get Honda now, or spent that 12m on Eriksen.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 am

bluenine wrote:
abundance wrote:According to Gazzetta, he's signing for two years at 4~4.5 mil net plus bonuses, so not much of a burden in that regard
That's 16-18m before bonuses over the next two years. Perhaps that is a reasonable price. Or maybe Milan should have just spent the few million it took to get Honda now, or spent that 12m on Eriksen.
On 2nd thoughts, it is perhaps not that bad a move for Milan. Kaka, even now, is an improvement on Boateng as an AM.

Milan still need a CB tho. Matri was a bit of a needless move.
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 33
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by gone on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:05 pm

bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:
abundance wrote:According to Gazzetta, he's signing for two years at 4~4.5 mil net plus bonuses, so not much of a burden in that regard
That's 16-18m before bonuses over the next two years. Perhaps that is a reasonable price. Or maybe Milan should have just spent the few million it took to get Honda now, or spent that 12m on Eriksen.
On 2nd thoughts, it is perhaps not that bad a move for Milan. Kaka, even now, is an improvement on Boateng as an AM.

Milan still need a CB tho. Matri was a bit of a needless move.
Depends on how bad is Pazzini's injury.
avatar
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Age : 38
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Pazzini will be out until November at least.  He will probably be fully back in 2014.

Here is Milan's CL list:

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola

DIFENSORI: Abate, Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo,  Zapata

CENTROCAMPISTI: Birsa, Cristante, de Jong,  Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli

ATTACCANTI: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Kakà, Matri, Pazzini, Robinho.


Niang and Saponara out.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:32 pm

gone wrote:
bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:
abundance wrote:According to Gazzetta, he's signing for two years at 4~4.5 mil net plus bonuses, so not much of a burden in that regard
That's 16-18m before bonuses over the next two years. Perhaps that is a reasonable price. Or maybe Milan should have just spent the few million it took to get Honda now, or spent that 12m on Eriksen.
On 2nd thoughts, it is perhaps not that bad a move for Milan. Kaka, even now, is an improvement on Boateng as an AM.

Milan still need a CB tho. Matri was a bit of a needless move.
Depends on how bad is Pazzini's injury.
I can see that its like for like, but I still don't think it was necessary. Even if Balotelli gets injured in the next 2 months, Milan have El Shaarawy, Robinho, Kaka, & Niang - which should see them through a few games. If Milan really wanted a proper back up for these few months of Pazzini's injury, get someone on loan. Why waste 11m, which could have bought them a quality defender.

I know its probably Galliani trying to be clever with the "academy trained" list for the CL, but that wasn't really needed. Milan could have easily got a replacement striker on loan for 6 months, and put him in the CL squad in Pazzini's place till dec. In January, get Pazzini back in. Now Saponara and Niang missed out of the CL list.

It does not make sense to me, also coz IMO Matri is an average CF.
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10191
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Murray on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Milan have released a statement apologising for an error in the Champions League squad list which robbed Mbaye Niang of a place.

The Rossoneri included Stephan El Shaarawy in the A List of players, even though he is eligible for the B List.

That is reserved for players born after January 1 1992 with at least two years at the club.

Because of El Shaarawy’s placement, Niang was left out of the UEFA squad entirely.

This evening Milan released a statement from director Umberto Gandini, who took “full responsibility for the error” in putting together the Champions League squad.

It is now too late to change the list, so Niang remains ineligible.
http://www.football-italia.net/39122/milan-apologise-uefa-error

Oops

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by stinger on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:47 pm

bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:
abundance wrote:According to Gazzetta, he's signing for two years at 4~4.5 mil net plus bonuses, so not much of a burden in that regard
That's 16-18m before bonuses over the next two years. Perhaps that is a reasonable price. Or maybe Milan should have just spent the few million it took to get Honda now, or spent that 12m on Eriksen.
On 2nd thoughts, it is perhaps not that bad a move for Milan. Kaka, even now, is an improvement on Boateng as an AM.

Milan still need a CB tho. Matri was a bit of a needless move.
Is he really? I really don't know what to expect from Kaka these days, but Boateng is quite good.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Boateng is a very good box to box midfielder, not a CAM. He can't really be blamed for Milan not using him properly.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:58 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Boateng is a very good box to box midfielder, not a CAM. He can't really be blamed for Milan not using him properly.
Yup, I agree. As an AM, he looked completely out of place at Milan and looked like a fish out of water. Since Milan wanted an AM, Kaka makes more sense for them.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 30
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Pazzini will be out until November at least.  He will probably be fully back in 2014.

Here is Milan's CL list:

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola

DIFENSORI: Abate, Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo,  Zapata

CENTROCAMPISTI: Birsa, Cristante, de Jong,  Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli

ATTACCANTI: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Kakà, Matri, Pazzini, Robinho.


Niang and Saponara out.
What's your best 11 do you think:

Abbiati
Abate Mexes Zapata De Sciglio
De Jong
Montolivo Emanuelson
Kaka
Balotelli El Shaaraway

Good depth in attack, but a dodgy looking midfield (apart from Montolivo). Defence is OK.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:01 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Pazzini will be out until November at least.  He will probably be fully back in 2014.

Here is Milan's CL list:

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola

DIFENSORI: Abate, Bonera, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo,  Zapata

CENTROCAMPISTI: Birsa, Cristante, de Jong,  Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli

ATTACCANTI: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Kakà, Matri, Pazzini, Robinho.


Niang and Saponara out.
What's your best 11 do you think:

Abbiati
Abate Mexes Zapata De Sciglio
De Jong
Montolivo Emanuelson
Kaka
Balotelli El Shaaraway

Good depth in attack, but a dodgy looking midfield (apart from Montolivo). Defence is OK.
I think it will be either Muntari or Poli in place of Emanuelson. And Pazzini or Matri in place of SES.

I don't think the defense upto scratch. Zapata shouldn't be starting for Milan, and Silvestre/Bonera aren't the best back ups.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Jaime on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24117343

He didn't forgo his wages when he was injured in Madrid.... Grr
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10191
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Murray on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:54 pm

His wages were a lot higher then.
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 33
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by gone on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Jaime wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24117343

He didn't forgo his wages when he was injured in Madrid.... Grr
He didn't care about Real but I do think he loves Milan.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Jaime on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Just seen a very small article in Marca - Christian Maldini was training with the first team yesterday? Is he actually any good?
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Jaime wrote:Just seen a very small article in Marca - Christian Maldini was training with the first team yesterday? Is he actually any good?
Two generations of such big legends isn't enough, you want one more?

I haven't seen him play, but he is 17 and only just has started playing for the Primavera - which does not mean he is bad, just means that he is normal to decent.

Paolo Maldini had debuted for Milan senior side at 16 and by 17 he was in Milan's starting XI. Those are big, big boots to fill.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Jaime on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:23 pm

bluenine wrote:
Jaime wrote:Just seen a very small article in Marca - Christian Maldini was training with the first team yesterday? Is he actually any good?
Two generations of such big legends isn't enough, you want one more?

I haven't seen him play, but he is 17 and only just has started playing for the Primavera - which does not mean he is bad, just means that he is normal to decent.

Paolo Maldini had debuted for Milan senior side at 16 and by 17 he was in Milan's starting XI. Those are big, big boots to fill.
I think the first time I remember Maldini was in Euro 88 and he was already a regular for Italy and Milan. I don't remember he was maybe 19 or 20 at that point.

Enzo Zidane is 18 now and playing with the Juvenil A team. Again, not bad, but for example, players like Raul and Guti made their first team debuts when they were 17 and 18 respectively. Of course football is a little different nowadays. Kids are not really going to break through in a big club unless they are something out of this world.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by bluenine on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 pm

Jaime wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Jaime wrote:Just seen a very small article in Marca - Christian Maldini was training with the first team yesterday? Is he actually any good?
Two generations of such big legends isn't enough, you want one more?

I haven't seen him play, but he is 17 and only just has started playing for the Primavera - which does not mean he is bad, just means that he is normal to decent.

Paolo Maldini had debuted for Milan senior side at 16 and by 17 he was in Milan's starting XI. Those are big, big boots to fill.
I think the first time I remember Maldini was in Euro 88 and he was already a regular for Italy and Milan. I don't remember he was maybe 19 or 20 at that point.

Enzo Zidane is 18 now and playing with the Juvenil A team. Again, not bad, but for example, players like Raul and Guti made their first team debuts when they were 17 and 18 respectively. Of course football is a little different nowadays. Kids are not really going to break through in a big club unless they are something out of this world.
That is exactly my point... Paolo Maldini was that "something out of this world". Remember the team he broke into at 16-17, it was Milan of the late 80s - one of the greatest teams of all time. I remember his early years quite well, that kid was SPECIAL from the beginning.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Jaime on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:00 am

bluenine wrote:
Jaime wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Jaime wrote:Just seen a very small article in Marca - Christian Maldini was training with the first team yesterday? Is he actually any good?
Two generations of such big legends isn't enough, you want one more?

I haven't seen him play, but he is 17 and only just has started playing for the Primavera - which does not mean he is bad, just means that he is normal to decent.

Paolo Maldini had debuted for Milan senior side at 16 and by 17 he was in Milan's starting XI. Those are big, big boots to fill.
I think the first time I remember Maldini was in Euro 88 and he was already a regular for Italy and Milan. I don't remember he was maybe 19 or 20 at that point.

Enzo Zidane is 18 now and playing with the Juvenil A team. Again, not bad, but for example, players like Raul and Guti made their first team debuts when they were 17 and 18 respectively. Of course football is a little different nowadays. Kids are not really going to break through in a big club unless they are something out of this world.
That is exactly my point... Paolo Maldini was that "something out of this world". Remember the team he broke into at 16-17, it was Milan of the late 80s - one of the greatest teams of all time. I remember his early years quite well, that kid was SPECIAL from the beginning.
True. But sometimes I even wonder if 17 year old Raul or 16 year old Maldini would get a chance in Madrid or Milan today. Maybe?
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10191
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Murray on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Jaime wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Jaime wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Jaime wrote:Just seen a very small article in Marca - Christian Maldini was training with the first team yesterday? Is he actually any good?
Two generations of such big legends isn't enough, you want one more?

I haven't seen him play, but he is 17 and only just has started playing for the Primavera - which does not mean he is bad, just means that he is normal to decent.

Paolo Maldini had debuted for Milan senior side at 16 and by 17 he was in Milan's starting XI. Those are big, big boots to fill.
I think the first time I remember Maldini was in Euro 88 and he was already a regular for Italy and Milan. I don't remember he was maybe 19 or 20 at that point.

Enzo Zidane is 18 now and playing with the Juvenil A team. Again, not bad, but for example, players like Raul and Guti made their first team debuts when they were 17 and 18 respectively. Of course football is a little different nowadays. Kids are not really going to break through in a big club unless they are something out of this world.
That is exactly my point... Paolo Maldini was that "something out of this world". Remember the team he broke into at 16-17, it was Milan of the late 80s - one of the greatest teams of all time. I remember his early years quite well, that kid was SPECIAL from the beginning.
True. But sometimes I even wonder if 17 year old Raul or 16 year old Maldini would get a chance in Madrid or Milan today. Maybe?
Maldini definitely would get a chance today. Have you seen how shit the Milan defence is?
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Jaime on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Are you guys really signing Rami?
avatar
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Age : 38
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Jaime wrote:Are you guys really signing Rami?
It seems so yes (according to AS it's already done for January).

Thoughts? I don't like the ominous tone of your question Sad
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:38 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
Jaime wrote:Are you guys really signing Rami?
It seems so yes (according to AS it's already done for January).

Thoughts? I don't like the ominous tone of your question  Sad
Sorry - didn't mean to imply anything. Only I heard Balague saying it was a done deal but I hadn't really read anything definitive (before today).

In any case, I think he is a pretty talented guy. His first season in Valencia was exceptional. Since then he has gone, as they say, from more to less. Some injury problems last year, a bit of a trouble maker. Still, I think if his head is right he would be your best centre back.
avatar
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Age : 38
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks Jaime.

This is what I have heard/read as well. He forms the CD partnership with Mexes for France, so that should contribute to the chemistry in Milan.

Zapata has been a horror show this year, so it will be good to keep our CDs motivated.

Apparently Valencia have given him permission to train with us until January.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 30
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I think he would be able to play in the CL aswell.

Sponsored content

Re: Milan 2013/14

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 am