The Next England Squad

ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: The Next England Squad

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:51 pm

bluenine wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:Next England squad - let the players develop as part of the international side while developing for their clubs.

GK - Hart, Butland, ??

RB - Clyne, Walker
CB - Stones, Jones, Smalling, Caulker
LB - Shaw, Flanagan

DM - Chalobah
CM - Henderson, Ward-Prowse, Will Hughes, Nick Powell

RW - Lallana, Zaha
AM - Barkley
LW - Sterling, Redmond

CF - Sturridge, Carroll

What about Jay Rodriguez, Ox, Walcott, Wilshere, Townsend, etc?

Rodriguez and Ox I mentioned in the next post (presumably they will still be injured for a while?)

Wilshere and Towsend can fuck off - they are shit.

Walcott I forgot.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:02 pm

ERIK LAMELA wrote:
bluenine wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:Next England squad - let the players develop as part of the international side while developing for their clubs.

GK - Hart, Butland, ??

RB - Clyne, Walker
CB - Stones, Jones, Smalling, Caulker
LB - Shaw, Flanagan

DM - Chalobah
CM - Henderson, Ward-Prowse, Will Hughes, Nick Powell

RW - Lallana, Zaha
AM - Barkley
LW - Sterling, Redmond

CF - Sturridge, Carroll

What about Jay Rodriguez, Ox, Walcott, Wilshere, Townsend, etc?

Rodriguez and Ox I mentioned in the next post (presumably they will still be injured for a while?)

Wilshere and Towsend can fuck off - they are shit.

Walcott I forgot.

He is 22 and still eligible for U21's - its a bit early to decide isn't it ?

Its a marathon, not a sprint.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Interesting article with stats that prove that England tend to panic once they fall behind (German only):

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/fussball-wm-uruguay-gegen-england-in-der-datenanalyse-a-976347.html

Basically, the average length of a pass / cross increased dramatically once England conceded.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:29 pm

don't think gary cahill should get a free pass either. For the first goal, he should have doubled up on Cavani (with Johnson), instead he just stood behind Johnson and did nothing.

tbh he seems like Terry version 2. All heart and determination, but no pace or positional sense.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:31 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:don't think gary cahill should get a free pass either. For the first goal, he should have doubled up on Cavani (with Johnson), instead he just stood behind Johnson and did nothing.

tbh he seems like Terry version 2. All heart and determination, but no pace or positional sense.

You say that, but they should have begged john terry to come out of retirement
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:36 pm

110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:don't think gary cahill should get a free pass either. For the first goal, he should have doubled up on Cavani (with Johnson), instead he just stood behind Johnson and did nothing.

People thinking Terry was a good player for England confuses me just as much as Gerrard tbh.
BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Kimbo wrote:
110% wrote:

People thinking Terry was a good player for England confuses me just as much as Gerrard tbh.

It's because people like 110% like these pseudo-heroic type players.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Stevie G...captain.leader.legend.

Wasnt it Pierre who called him the Pirlo? He was right!

http://a.pomf.se/appwwh.webm
BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Fey wrote:Stevie G...captain.leader.legend.

Wasnt it Pierre who called him the Pirlo? He was right!

http://a.pomf.se/appwwh.webm

lol! those are some great assists
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Amazing what 180 minutes has done to Leighton Baines' rep.

HE WAS NEVER THAT GOOD.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Someone is cracking up!!
Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm

John Terry got caught out for Helder Postiga's headed goal v England in 2004 the same way that Cahill (Balotelli) and Jagielka Suarez) did at this tournament (he had been similarly at fault for Pires CL goal earlier same season before letting Nonda get in front of him to KO them)

World Cup 2006, KO stages 0-0 with Ecuador:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-Y6rGREOU   (10 secs  Laughing )

He caused trouble at WC '10 and was a shambles along side Upson, remember lack of communication with keeper in friendly v Germany too.

He scored the winner in qualifier v Ukraine but they were only level because he had hauled down Shevchenko and then headed Aliev's free-kick straight to Sheva (like he headed straight to Lavezzi in CL).

We have seen him have a very nice career at Chelsea when he defends deep and has powerful, athletic, defence-minded midifelders in front of him.

But we've seen him absolutely raped by Vucinic in the olimpico under Scolari.

We've seen him all over the place when defending high under AVB - 40% Terry's fault, 60% Luiz but 100% of the blame given to Luiz by our press.

We even saw him tell his manager that he would not play that way in televised game v Man City after Balotelli scored 1st min.

Under Di Matteo we saw him cost Chelsea big CL points by playing Quagliarella (?) on side, we saw him get slaughtered at Anfield by Carroll - fair enough if it was aerial stuff but Carroll ran him ragged.

If you are an English football journalist who rates defenders primarily on whether or not they can point and shout whilst pulling up their captain's armband (Tony Adams was "world class"  Laughing ) and play with a head bandage then yes, he is great.

If I was biased I would say he was shit for England and made them worse - he wasn't and he didn't, he made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

We were just as shit with him as we were without him.

He has never been a patch in Rio '06 let alone Rio '02 - Campbell was better as well.

As far as the press are concerned, he has always been their man - they had to mute it for a while after the racism thing, but now that has died down he is still very much their man.

He is the white, working class boy next door and the only thing they love more than the white, working class boy next door is the violent, scouse, white, working class boy next door.

They love Rooney and Stevie G and they'll love Flanagan too.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Amazing what 180 minutes has done to Leighton Baines' rep.

HE WAS NEVER THAT GOOD.

Years ago I saw him get skinned a few times by an ancient Bolo Zenden, even now when he is mentioned that pops into my head, which might be unfair. I've always just seen him as an average player with a decent left foot.
Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:24 pm

What he has been saying for a while but still rings true...

'Other countries must look at England and laugh' - Stuart Pearce's damning verdict after Uruguay defeat

Stuart Pearce was one of the most passionate and committed players to pull on an England shirt and no one was hurting more than the former full-back after the defeat to Uruguay, which has left the Three Lions on the verge of an early World Cup exit.

For Pearce, the problems are all too clear, having continually expressed his frustration during his reign as Under-21 boss that young players are not being given enough tournament experience before making the step up to senior level.

Speaking to Adrian Durham in the aftermath of the 2-1 loss to a Luis Suarez-inspired Uruguay, a passionate Pearce admitted the result came as no surprise to him.

“For me, the answer never lies at major tournaments, it lies in the two years in between the major tournaments and how we approach the whole system, the education of our young players, the development of our young players,” he said.

“Five years ago our Under-21s played the German Under-21s in the European finals. I look at their team then and the one that lined up against Portugal in the World Cup. Six of their players from the Under-21s carried on their progression, stayed in the senior squad, and actually played against Portugal the other day.

“I looked at our squad [for the Under-21 European Championship five years ago] and out of that squad there were no players in our starting line-up that five years ago made the same journey. James Milner was in the squad and played but obviously didn’t get on the pitch the other day [against Uruguay] and Joe Hart ended up being suspended so possibly you could say two [did make the journey].

“Why last summer were 17 of our young players missing from an Under-21 tournament? It infuriates the life out of me.

“The worst thing you can say to me is, ‘in two years’ time this team will be decent’. It won't be unless you put the process in place that all of these players go to the Under-21 Championship next summer. So [Raheem] Sterling goes, so [Jack] Wilshere goes and [Phil] Jones goes - all those that are Under-21 and available."

According to Pearce, the decision to include Southampton's 18-year-old full-back Luke Shaw in the squad ahead of Ashley Cole shows just where we are going wrong.

“Before the tournament I was asked who we should take, Luke Shaw or Ashley Cole. Common sense says you take Cole because Shaw goes to the Toulon tournament, plays five games against the likes of Brazil and Mexico and plays in the Under-21 qualifier. It is common sense," he said.

“I’m not sure what he [Shaw] has learnt from this tournament, apart from Brazil is a great place to visit. I am not being facetious here. If you asked me, from a purely footballing point of view, I would say five games in Toulon would be a lot more beneficial at international level than not kicking a ball in Brazil.

“He might play the next game, we might go through the tournament, and I might be proved wrong. If I am wrong, brilliant. I hope I am. I hope someone pins me and says, ‘you were a million miles wrong, we carried on doing it the way we were and it has worked famously and we have won the World Cup’. But I base everything I do on looking at other nations around the world and they send more of their players to the younger tournaments. They go to the younger tournaments and win things more regularly than we do.

“We, as a nation, haven’t won anything for 60 years at senior level. We haven’t won anything at Under-21 level since 1984 and in those days there were only eight teams in Europe. Now, we have got all 52 teams entering Europe and it is very difficult to do.

“The Under-19s haven’t won anything for decades. The Under-17s are the only team over the last five years that have been successful. They have won the European Championship twice. I asked myself the question why and it’s because our best young players are available at that age group.

“It is when they go beyond the Under-17s that the clubs start pulling them out, we start upgrading them because our pool of players is that thin, we drag them up age groups, so in the end every player in the senior squad that doesn’t actually play is being taken out an age group below so it makes that weaker and weaker and weaker. It waters down the whole process and the end of it we get results like Uruguay."

Pearce also had the same problems with young players skipping international duty when he managed Team GB at the London Olympics.

And he continued: "If you look at the Olympics in isolation, I had players pull out the Olympic squad because they preferred to go on a pre-season tour with their clubs. And there was a clamour for me to put an individual within the Olympic team for political reasons, more so than probably football reasons.

"Other countries must look at us and laugh at times, they really must."
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Interesting that Honigstein seems to agree with me...

England's struggles down to a lack of consistent identity

POSTED BY RAPHAEL HONIGSTEIN

SAO PAULO --A hurt, deeply frustrated Steven Gerrard slowly touched on the heart of the matter of England losing another hard fought World Cup match -- this time against Uruguay.

He bemoaned that England had been "not clever, not cute enough to manage the game" after Wayne Rooney's equaliser. The Three Lions captain pointed to the fact that the side had allowed itself to get carried away with momentum and the reality was that this all sounded vaguely familiar.

Was it a similar story to that of the 4-1 defeat against Germany in Bloemfontein at the World Cup four years ago, a reporter asked. Gerrard didn't answer the question directly, but he nodded, vaguely in agreement.

"It's been a steep learning curve for this team," said the 34-year-old.

Too steep. England were still alive on Thursday night, so it wasn't the right time for a detailed inquest and decisions about the future. Gerrard will surely contemplate his resignation. Roy Hodgson, despite ruling out that possibility, might not be afforded the luxury to make that call if his team lose their third game against Costa Rica on Tuesday.

That match will take in Belo Horizonte, one of those fateful places of failure that litter English football history. The 1-0 defeat against the USA in the 1950 World Cup for the first time exposed the wide chasm that had opened between England's self-image and its true position in world football. The next 64 years -- with one brief interruption in 1966 -- retold that story over and over again.

England have long been aware of the problem but they fail to learn from their past failures. Instead, they react to them, violently, like a driver who abruptly leaves his lane to avoid an obstacle. Every tournament seems to be played out as a belated riposte to the ills that have gone just before.

Hodgson had come in ahead of Euro 2012, determined to stop England from getting embarrassed like they were in Bloemfontein. His answer was a radically defensive set-up, with two banks of four in front of goal, and two forwards who were told to chase long balls over the top. This perfectly decent, if limited strategy brought results (of sorts): England went home technically undefeated. But the negative approach played badly at home with fans and the media.

The emergence of new attacking players and public pressure resulted in Hodgson making a 180 degree turn going into this competition. His 4-2-3-1 system with four attacking players was designed to overpower teams with pace and the sheer force of numbers.

A surprisingly uncritical UK media bought into this "having a go" philosophy. Words like "courage" and "bravery" were bandied about after the Italy defeat to the point where the result almost felt like a small win. England had re-found its identity in the rain forest, the line went. Surely that was worth something.

But the Uruguay defeat, just as unnecessary and avoidable as the one in Manaus before, showed that there is always a price to pay for playing the traditional English way. The back-four, an unremarkable collection of players who could have done with some midfield protection, were left exposed by Gerrard and Jordan Henderson, who themselves were always outnumbered in central areas.

It was curious that an England team with a strong Liverpool slant didn't replicate the three-in-central-midfield-formula that has so obviously brought out the best in Gerrard as well as the attackers ahead of him.

England have not been able to control the pace and direction in either games in Brazil because they were deliberately top heavy. With so many attacking players, they posed a constant threat to the opposition but in turn made defending Joe Hart's goal more difficult.

To compound matters, they were wedded to going forward, as the first course of action, whereas the Italians and Uruguayans were happy to slow things down, mix things up, change the pattern. Why didn't England step on the brake in the last few minutes? The inability to adjust the playing style midway through the game has been a hallmark of all England teams since Glenn Hoddle's 1998 World Cup team.

Why that should be the case remains a mystery. The technique of foreign players has undoubtedly rubbed off on English players but their game intelligence hasn't. An army of foreign coaches doesn't seem to have made a difference either. Maybe England will need an outstanding player, like Italy's Andrea Pirlo or Spain's Xavi, to become a pace-setter with variable speeds. Neither the current generation nor the management have been able to bring that extra dimension to proceedings.

Yes, all-action, full-throttle England could have just easily won both games because they turned them into Wild West shootouts. The party getting hit more often lost out. World Cup games shouldn't be like a coin-flip, however, the aim must be to limit the influence of chance, not to maximise it. The all-or-nothing approach, Hodgsons team have found on Thursday, is only fun when the outcome is happy one.

How comfortable was the national manager deep down with taking on so much risk, you wonder. He must have known the pitfalls of this overreaction to Euro 2012, the dangers of this tactical over steering. Maybe he was persuaded by his staff to disregard the flaws in favour of going for it with his young guns, believing that the press would give him a pass under those circumstances. They certainly won't do that if they lose to Costa Rica, however. And neither will the FA in all probability.

http://www.espnfc.com/team/england/448/blog/post/1896095/englands-struggles-down-to-a-lack-of-consistent-identity
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Hodgson confirmed to be staying until 2016 already, good to know they've had a long hard think about it.  Rolling Eyes 

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:16 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
110% wrote:

Says the guy who love the Argentinian John Terry, aka Walter Samuel.

Not a big surprised that Kimbo is confused. Did you stop taking your meds?

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Amazing what 180 minutes has done to Leighton Baines' rep.

HE WAS NEVER THAT GOOD.

I get what everyone is saying, England should try new players and drop the "golden generation", but as soon as any player makes a mistake crucify them.

Sometimes I feel sorry for the players, but then I think England fans have got exactly the team and manager they deserve.
BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:26 pm

110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
110% wrote:

Im not sure how Samuel is the argentine terry.

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
110% wrote:

Im not sure how Samuel is the argentine terry.

"Big, bad, stupid-looking." Basically they are both slow defenders who like the physical battle with strikers. Terry is a much better passer of the ball though and scores a lot more goals.
BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Didn't Samuel play in the ultra high line of Bielsa under Argentina? Terry could never survive in a high line.

If only pace was everything for a defender - Gallas and Cordoba would have been the best defenders in the world.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:08 am

Fucking hell, Hoddle on ITV literally begging Gerrard not to retire. How did he get a reputation as some sort of football progressive?
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:31 am

Some coach from Charlton Athletic had a comment in the Evening Standard yesterday, laying all the blame for the 2nd goal on Phil Jagielka for being the wrong side of Suarez (obviously ignoring the fact he was playing Suarez offside). Granted Jagielka isn't good enough for this level, but the comments you hear from some professional coaches/managers when it comes to England are unbelievable.
Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:07 am

S4P wrote:Some coach from Charlton Athletic had a comment in the Evening Standard yesterday, laying all the blame for the 2nd goal on Phil Jagielka for being the wrong side of Suarez (obviously ignoring the fact he was playing Suarez offside). Granted Jagielka isn't good enough for this level, but the comments you hear from some professional coaches/managers when it comes to England are unbelievable.

To be fair, the alternative would have been to blame Gerrard and that probably wouldn't be printed even in a London paper.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:16 am

Gerrard is not QUITE Pirlo. Gerrard is, instead, 'una pirlA'.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:55 am

You can blame Gerrard for our worst World Cup in 60 years if you want but Hodgson was the one that picked him and didn't get the best out of him. Gerrard was one of our best players in one of our best seasons in recent memory so why was he not so hot for England?

This England squad was actually pretty good for once, they played fairly well vs Italy but still, Hodgson dithered and didn't make the substitutions required and left them too late. We were rubbish vs Uruguay.

You just know this side under Hodgson is never going to score that many goals because the counter attacks are so slow, there's never enough players up and there's still an over reliance on Rooney to be the hero.

I think it's a farce that he was ever appointed and an even bigger farce that he's going to lead us into the Euros (if we qualify). What evidence is there to suggest he is the right man to get the best out of a promising young squad with some exciting attacking minded players?
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Hodgson has been proving Liverpool fans wrong pretty much since he took over England.. The bitterness is really shining through.
Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:07 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Hodgson has been proving Liverpool fans wrong pretty much since he took over England.. The bitterness is really shining through.

Yeah, 2 losses and our worst World Cup in 60 years, proved us all wrong there  lol! 
Luis

Post by Luis on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:13 pm

This sums it up rather nicely:

The inquest into another abject failure from England at a major tournament is already underway. Steven Gerrard was an easy scapegoat in the aftermath of Thursday night’s damaging 2-1 defeat to Uruguay.

Conveniently overlooking the fact that England’s centre-backs went to sleep and gifted Luis Suarez the freedom of Sao Paulo to deliver the killer blow, the Liverpool captain has borne the brunt of the criticism for inadvertently flicking on Fernando Muslera’s long punt forward.

To point the finger at Gerrard for England’s struggles at the World Cup isn’t just short sighted, it’s plain wrong.

Those calling for the 113-cap midfielder to quit international football are likely to get their wish following Tuesday’s final Group D match against Costa Rica.

Gerrard always intended to step down from England duties after the 2014 World Cup in a bid to prolong his Reds career and nothing in this tournament has so far changed the 34-year-old’s mind.

Aside from the vitriol directed at Gerrard, others have simply shrugged their shoulders and re-ignited age-old debates from the influx of foreigners in English football to school playing fields being concreted over.

Bizarrely, the man responsible for overseeing the national team’s worst showing at a World Cup finals since 1958 appears to have got away scot-free. It’s as if Roy Hodgson’s constant dumbing down of expectations has managed to hoodwink people into believing England should just be grateful for being part of the tournament in Brazil. No-one with a brain expected England to be serious contenders to win the World Cup but a realistic target should have been the quarter-finals.

The idea that England were handed the ‘Group of Death’ is laughable.

Italy’s pre-tournament form had been wretched, while Uruguay struggled to qualify from a South American section not including the hosts and they hadn’t beaten European opposition in 15 attempts.

Both defeats were narrow. Both matches were decided by small margins. On both occasions England’s manager was out-thought tactically by his opposite number. When the battle plans were drawn up, the priorities should have been blatantly obvious.

England needed to find a way to stop veteran midfielder Andrea Pirlo bossing the contest with the Italians and then shackle Suarez against Uruguay.

They failed miserably on both counts.

Hodgson’s crazy pre-match comments about Suarez not being world class only served to provide greater motivation for the prolific Reds striker to wreak havoc.

The manager’s post-match assessment that “I thought we controlled Suarez well in general play” was reminiscent of some of his ludicrous comments during his short spell in charge of Liverpool.

Hodgson went into battle with half the Reds side who pushed Manchester City so close for the Premier League title last season but he has largely wasted their talents.

Gerrard and Jordan Henderson enjoyed outstanding campaigns for their club but that was as part of a midfield three – with Henderson and either Joe Allen or Philippe Coutinho operating in front of the skipper.

In this World Cup, England have only operated with a central duo. Outnumbered and too deep for the most part, they have been unable to secure any kind of control.

The positive approach Hodgson has been lauded for – playing four attackers in Daniel Sturridge, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Raheem Sterling – has actually left them hopelessly vulnerable defensively.

Having seen Sterling flourish against Italy as a No 10, Hodgson reduced the teenager’s threat by shifting him out to the right against Uruguay. His faith in Welbeck is simply baffling. Liverpool fans knew what was coming when Hodgson was appointed as Fabio Capello’s successor two years ago. He is the master of mediocrity – a man trophyless since the Danish Super Cup of 2001.

Remarkably, the FA appear to be blind to his limitations with chairman Greg Dyke insisting Hodgson will remain manager until 2016. It’s a shame because there is an exciting crop of young players coming through who deserve better.

Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Liverpool fans need to get over themselves.

England don't have a Coutinho & Suarez whilst Gerrard and Glen Johnson showed the same shit defensive qualities they had all year. We couldn't press as maniacally as Liverpool due to the conditions and the frequency of games. (How many games did Liverpool have, like 43?)

Liverpool conceded as many goal as Spurs who took numerous beatings.

Picking Baines over Cole is looking like a bigger clanger by the day but apart from that I think he has done generally OK with the hand he has been dealt and is doing better than Capello.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 am