UEFA Super Cup

Share
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

UEFA Super Cup

Post by S4P on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Isn't there already a thread about this? Crazy

It's time for a renewal of two famous rivalries: England versus ze Chairmans; Mourinho versus Guardiola and a chance for Bayern to avenge the UBER HUMILIATION they suffered when the Blues invaded Munich 15 months ago.

So much has changed in that time. Bayern went on to become invincible last season, only to see the combined efforts of Klopp and Guardiola attempt to restore the domination back in Dortmund's favour, while Mourinho has gone from a man with more negative press than a 1980s children's TV presenter to the best thing since sliced bread, replacing the man who tried to eat the bread, Rafa Benitez, the world's most famous interim manager and a Chelsea legend.

Hoping to see the following line up tonight for Chelsea, assuming we don't sign anyone else in the next 2 hours:

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Lampard, Ramires; Schurrle, Mata, Hazard; Lukaku
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:32 pm

schweinsteiger won`t play, he is injured

martinez hasn`t played a game since the summer break

thiago injured

that leaves not much options for the midfield, i expect this


-----neuer

lahm-boateng-dante-alaba
-----kroos
-götze----müller
robben-mandzukic-ribery

so much for the former best double 6 in the world Very Happy

should be enough for fat frank Very Happy
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:43 pm

No Oscar Doh
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Murray on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:51 pm

No Terry Very Happy 
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Rosicky on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Oscar starts no?
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Murray on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:34 pm

what's wrong with the board?
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Rosicky on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Epic goal from Chelsea.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by S4P on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:55 pm

That goal just typifies Mourinho. Incredibly dull.

Whoop 
avatar
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by The Pröfessör on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:57 pm


Torres > Shevchenko

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by stinger on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Does Lahm is really playing as DM???
avatar
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by The Pröfessör on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 pm


He's :

---Kroos----Muller
--------Lahm
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Kimbo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Guardipoorla!!!
avatar
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by The Pröfessör on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Bayern are more attacking this year; 1 holding midfielder instead of 2, starting positions of their wide forwards a bit higher up the pitch, higher defensive line.

Don't think they'll look as solid as they did last year.

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873
Age : 58
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Brian2468 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Another opportunity for the German champions to stamp their authority on europe......... Smile What Chelsea winning Very Happy  
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 pm

mous football is easy

our football is still under progress, i am really pleased with our performance, some good chances, we are good in keeping possession, there is always a teammate available for the pass, even in tiny spaces

you already see a bit of peps footy
avatar
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
Age : 40
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Effenberg on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:42 pm

The Professor wrote:Bayern are more attacking this year; 1 holding midfielder instead of 2, starting positions of their wide forwards a bit higher up the pitch, higher defensive line.

Don't think they'll look as solid as they did last year.
It's a little frustrating to watch. I like a strong defense and we have the personnel for it, obviously, but Pep will not play two DMs. His pride may doom us this year.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 pm

schürrle Shocked 
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by S4P on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Kroos wrote:mous football is easy

our football is still under progress, i am really pleased with our performance, some good chances, we are good in keeping possession, there is always a teammate available for the pass, even in tiny spaces

you already see a bit of peps footy
Don't give me all this Pep's footy nonsense. The ball is just being played to Ribery and he shoots on sight. Finally it works and he gets a goal which Cech probably should have saved.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Kimbo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:57 pm

PETR CACH!!!
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Rosicky on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Oh dear Chelsea.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by S4P on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Ramires sent off for tackling the ball Rolling Eyes
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41 pm

S4P wrote:Ramires sent off for tackling the ball Rolling Eyes
could have been an broken ankle by götze

avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:42 pm

S4P wrote:
Kroos wrote:mous football is easy

our football is still under progress, i am really pleased with our performance, some good chances, we are good in keeping possession, there is always a teammate available for the pass, even in tiny spaces

you already see a bit of peps footy
Don't give me all this Pep's footy nonsense. The ball is just being played to Ribery and he shoots on sight. Finally it works and he gets a goal which Cech probably should have saved.
you think, i think i have never seen us passing with such ease before, sometimes it`s too much, but we created really good stuff,


Last edited by Kroos on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
Age : 40
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Effenberg on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:42 pm

S4P wrote:Ramires sent off for tackling the ball Rolling Eyes
Did you see the replay?
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Rosicky on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Hazard Ale
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by S4P on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Effenberg wrote:
S4P wrote:Ramires sent off for tackling the ball Rolling Eyes
Did you see the replay?
Yes. When Ramires clears the ball, Gotze isn't in possession of the ball. In fact, he's still a few metres away.
avatar
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
Age : 40
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Effenberg on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:55 pm

S4P wrote:
Effenberg wrote:
S4P wrote:Ramires sent off for tackling the ball Rolling Eyes
Did you see the replay?
Yes. When Ramires clears the ball, Gotze isn't in possession of the ball. In fact, he's still a few metres away.
Wow. That's an interesting version of what happened. That was a straight red.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by S4P on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Not sure I can remember seeing a player shown a straight red for playing the ball with his studs, then crashing into an incoming opponent who was a metre or 2 away from the ball, but I'll take your word for it.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by S4P on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Kroos wrote:
S4P wrote:
Kroos wrote:mous football is easy

our football is still under progress, i am really pleased with our performance, some good chances, we are good in keeping possession, there is always a teammate available for the pass, even in tiny spaces

you already see a bit of peps footy
Don't give me all this Pep's footy nonsense. The ball is just being played to Ribery and he shoots on sight. Finally it works and he gets a goal which Cech probably should have saved.
you think, i think i have never seen us passing with such ease before, sometimes it`s too much, but we created really good stuff,
You are more direct than Pep's tiki-taka Barca ever were. You don't make 47 consecutive passes between centre backs and DM. This Bayern team is more exciting to watch than Pep's Barcelona team.
avatar
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
Age : 40
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Effenberg on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 pm

He went studs up, over the ball and could have easily broken Gotze's ankle. Replay at 0:32.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4iOtz9t6c

Sponsored content

Re: UEFA Super Cup

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:14 pm