Zlatan Speaks

Post by TheCrazy58 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:34 am

- Tells how he has had numerous bust-ups with colleagues over the years
- Says he broke a rib in a fight with AC Milan team-mate Oguchi Onyewu
- Was accused of injuring his club mate Rafael van der Vaart on purpose
- Smacked Mido in the face after the striker threw scissors at him
- But left the room with his arm round him 10 minutes later
- Dragged Juventus star Chiellini along the ground during a dispute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2414015/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-I-threatened-break-Rafael-van-der-Vaarts-legs.html

Very Happy

Earlier extract covered his relationships with Guardiola and Maureen. No surprises but quite entertaining nevertheless

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2412691/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Id-die-Jose-Mourinho-Pep-Guardiola-coward.html
Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Re: Zlatan Speaks

Post by Antarion on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:55 am

Interesting read! I like all these insights how coaches and players are when they are not in front of a camera or on the field.

Had a good lough at some sentences like with the ferrari or the brothers lol!

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:37 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:- Tells how he has had numerous bust-ups with colleagues over the years
- Says he broke a rib in a fight with AC Milan team-mate Oguchi Onyewu
- Was accused of injuring his club mate Rafael van der Vaart on purpose
- Smacked Mido in the face after the striker threw scissors at him
- But left the room with his arm round him 10 minutes later
- Dragged Juventus star Chiellini along the ground during a dispute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2414015/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-I-threatened-break-Rafael-van-der-Vaarts-legs.html

Very Happy

Earlier extract covered his relationships with Guardiola and Maureen. No surprises but quite entertaining nevertheless

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2412691/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Id-die-Jose-Mourinho-Pep-Guardiola-coward.html
Interesting the stuff he says about Pep, doesn't quite fit with the image that Pep tries to put out there.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Sounds like Onyewu got the better of him, messed with the wrong ninja. <Ale>

110%

Post by 110% on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Kimbo wrote:Sounds like Onyewu got the better of him, messed with the wrong ninja. <Ale>
yeah, he's 6ft 4 himself so there wasn't much difference in their sizes, he seems to lead with the headbutt and then ends up grappling on the ground, kind of lost the point of his black belt in tae kwondo
TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm

I heard Zlatan interviewed on Five Live tonight and he came across well, intelligent, articulate and well balanced - for a weapons grade nutjob that he is anyway. What also came across strongly was that he was, and still is, genuinely puzzled and hurt by Guardiola's behaviour towards him. His version of the whole saga does sound pretty weird - that, after a good start, Guardiola abruptly froze him out completely and was ready to write off what was then Barca's record signing and couldn't get Zlatan out of the door fast enough. Sounds like inside politics at play to me.

110%

Post by 110% on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 am

TheCrazy58 wrote:I heard Zlatan interviewed on Five Live tonight and he came across well, intelligent, articulate and well balanced - for a weapons grade nutjob that he is anyway. What also came across strongly was that he was, and still is, genuinely puzzled and hurt by Guardiola's behaviour towards him. His version of the whole saga does sound pretty weird - that, after a good start, Guardiola abruptly froze him out completely and was ready to write off what was then Barca's record signing and couldn't get Zlatan out of the door fast enough. Sounds like inside politics at play to me.
I don't mind the politics of it. Messi made pep as a manager, so he had to do what messi wanted. Ibra' is a bit of a twat as well, but the manager is the one that should have sat down with the player, explain that he or the club are going a different way, he still thinks Ibra is a great player but his future is elsewhere. The behaviour with regards to not speaking to him, not making eye contact etc, shows that pep lacks something in his character as a person, he has a certain dishonesty and will fuck you over in a second. That's why he can't look you in the eye. It also showed when he went back to barca to buy Thiago, some deluded fans might sees it as having a go at rosell, but it actually showed that Pep is will to do petty stuff that fucks barca over just to get at someone.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:51 pm

it shows that people who have no understanding of pep,rosell,barca or thiago, should not be speaking on such matters.

110%

Post by 110% on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:01 pm

messiah wrote:it shows that people who have no understanding of pep,rosell,barca or thiago, should not be speaking on such matters.
and yet it doesn't stop you

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:59 pm

110% wrote:
TheCrazy58 wrote:I heard Zlatan interviewed on Five Live tonight and he came across well, intelligent, articulate and well balanced - for a weapons grade nutjob that he is anyway. What also came across strongly was that he was, and still is, genuinely puzzled and hurt by Guardiola's behaviour towards him. His version of the whole saga does sound pretty weird - that, after a good start, Guardiola abruptly froze him out completely and was ready to write off what was then Barca's record signing and couldn't get Zlatan out of the door fast enough. Sounds like inside politics at play to me.
I don't mind the politics of it. Messi made pep as a manager, so he had to do what messi wanted. Ibra' is a bit of a twat as well, but the manager is the one that should have sat down with the player, explain that he or the club are going a different way, he still thinks Ibra is a great player but his future is elsewhere. The behaviour with regards to not speaking to him, not making eye contact etc, shows that pep lacks something in his character as a person, he has a certain dishonesty and will fuck you over in a second. That's why he can't look you in the eye. It also showed when he went back to barca to buy Thiago, some deluded fans might sees it as having a go at rosell, but it actually showed that Pep is will to do petty stuff that fucks barca over just to get at someone.
Did he really? Pretty bold statement for me, would like to get some proof. Messi was big before Guardiola took over, but was he big enough to nominate a manager? Especially someone who was a bigger Barca legend than he was at that point?

I also remember some games when Messi was really positive to Ibra. There was a moment when Ibra couldn't score for a few games and Barca won a penalty. Messi almost forced Zlatan to take over and was first to congratulate him when he did score. It was so anti-Villa...

110%

Post by 110% on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:48 pm

stinger wrote:
110% wrote:
Did he really? Pretty bold statement for me, would like to get some proof. Messi was big before Guardiola took over, but was he big enough to nominate a manager? Especially someone who was a bigger Barca legend than he was at that point?

I also remember some games when Messi was really positive to Ibra. There was a moment when Ibra couldn't score for a few games and Barca won a penalty. Messi almost forced Zlatan to take over and was first to congratulate him when he did score. It was so anti-Villa...
When I say Messi made Pep, I mean that Pep implemented Cryuff's philosophy pretty successfully, but he would have been far less successful with results without the best player of all time scoring a record number of goals every season. We've seen the results of tiki-taka with and without messi, and there's a world of difference.

The other point was that messi decided one day that he wanted to play in the middle, so what did that mean to the club and manager? There was a choice of Pep telling messi to play on the wing and shut his pie hole or telling ibra to hit the road (or avoiding eye contact and not talking to him until he left). People try to give credit to Pep for coming up with the genius idea of playing messi in the totti/false 9 position, but it was Spalletti that came up with the idea and messi that told pep to play him in the middle. Messi went on to score a record number of goals, and suddenly pep's a genius. Fuck that. Messi made Pep Wink

stinger

Post by stinger on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:18 pm

110% wrote:
stinger wrote:
110% wrote:

When I say Messi made Pep, I mean that Pep implemented Cryuff's philosophy pretty successfully, but he would have been far less successful with results without the best player of all time scoring a record number of goals every season. We've seen the results of tiki-taka with and without messi, and there's a world of difference.

The other point was that messi decided one day that he wanted to play in the middle, so what did that mean to the club and manager? There was a choice of Pep telling messi to play on the wing and shut his pie hole or telling ibra to hit the road (or avoiding eye contact and not talking to him until he left).People try to give credit to Pep for coming up with the genius idea of playing messi in the totti/false 9 position, but it was Spalletti that came up with the idea and messi that told pep to play him in the middle. Messi went on to score a record number of goals, and suddenly pep's a genius. Fuck that. Messi made Pep Wink
First season of Guardiola Barca had Eto'o in great form, Xavi and Iniesta having top year, Puyol being healthy and Alves doing great after being bought from Sevilla. Even Henry wasn't as useless as before. They weren't relying on Messi as it happened in future seasons.

I would like to see a proof for that as well. It wasn't even novelty for Barca, as Rijkaard was using Ronaldinho in the middle before that , switching him with Eto'o because of Eto'o superior work defensively on the wing.
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:42 pm

messi told pep he wanted to play in the middle lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!, seriously.

Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:56 pm

messiah wrote:messi told pep he wanted to play in the middle lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!, seriously.

That is what the world know
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Pras_tama wrote:
messiah wrote:messi told pep he wanted to play in the middle lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!, seriously.

That is what the world know
?
TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Another thing he said was that he won't play in PL - he's 31, and too old. A shame, it would have been fun to have him.

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:28 pm

stinger wrote:
110% wrote:
stinger wrote:
110% wrote:

The other point was that messi decided one day that he wanted to play in the middle, so what did that mean to the club and manager? There was a choice of Pep telling messi to play on the wing and shut his pie hole or telling ibra to hit the road (or avoiding eye contact and not talking to him until he left).People try to give credit to Pep for coming up with the genius idea of playing messi in the totti/false 9 position, but it was Spalletti that came up with the idea and messi that told pep to play him in the middle. Messi went on to score a record number of goals, and suddenly pep's a genius. Fuck that. Messi made Pep Wink
First season of Guardiola Barca had Eto'o in great form, Xavi and Iniesta having top year, Puyol being healthy and Alves doing great after being bought from Sevilla. Even Henry wasn't as useless as before. They weren't relying on Messi as it happened in future seasons.

I would like to see a proof for that as well. It wasn't even novelty for Barca, as Rijkaard was using Ronaldinho in the middle before that , switching him with Eto'o because of Eto'o superior work defensively on the wing.
Quoted from the article and Ibra's words: Lionel Messi is awesome. Hes totally amazing, but he told Guardiola:
I dont want to be on the right wing any more. I want to play in the centre.

Being 1 of the 3 people involved, it's pretty clear for me that he knows better than the vast majority of us.

Added to the fact that they swapped Eto'o plus a shit load of cash for Ibra, it clearly wasn't planned that messi would be playing in that role (for all the people that claim Pep is a planner etc). You are right Eto'o was played on the wing (or at least interchanged with dinho on the wing) because he was defensively better than dinho, however moving a striker to the wing is different from not having a striker at all. Heskey also played on the wing sometimes that didn't mean Liverpool or England were playing owen as a false 9 Wink.

stinger

Post by stinger on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Yeah, but it's widely agreed that it was Guardiola who decided to use Messi as false 9 against Manchester United in CL final even when Messi rarely was playing at that position earlier that season (less than Dinho seasons before in comparison). So for me it's still doesn't look like Messi told Guardiola to do it, if it's Guardiola who first decided to use it and saw how brilliant can it work.

And I guess probably the biggest difference is that you believe more in what you reading in autobiographies than I do.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:28 pm

110% wrote:Being 1 of the 3 people involved, it's pretty clear for me that he knows better than the vast majority of us.
eheh

bluenine

Number of posts : 22995
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:22 am

110% wrote:Being 1 of the 3 people involved, it's pretty clear for me that he knows better than the vast majority of us.
Perhaps that just means that this is what Zlatan thinks happened. Does not mean that this is actually what happened.

Zlatan has such a big ego, I am sure his view of the world is a bit warped, and he only sees what he wants to see... to some extent, that happens to all of us.

That said, IMO it was mainly Pep's failure, he couldn't integrate Zlatan + Messi in his starting XI. After paying such a massive fee for Zlatan, that was a massive fail.

110%

Post by 110% on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 pm

stinger wrote:Yeah, but it's widely agreed that it was Guardiola who decided to use Messi as false 9 against Manchester United in CL final even when Messi rarely was playing at that position earlier that season (less than Dinho seasons before in comparison). So for me it's still doesn't look like Messi told Guardiola to do it, if it's Guardiola who first decided to use it and saw how brilliant can it work.

And I guess probably the biggest difference is that you believe more in what you reading in autobiographies than I do.
I have never read an autobiography.

I am confused by your mention of the CL final against manu. I assume you mean 2011, but messi was already playing as a false 9, ocassionaly, in 2009. If you're talking about 2009, then eto'o was playing as the striker in the final and messi had not realised he wanted to play more centrally all the time.

The point you're missing is that there was no plan from pep to do it, highlighted by the record buy of ibra. It happened either out of necessity (striker no available) or because messi asked for it Wink.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 9:31 pm