Diego Costa

Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Diego Costa

Post by Puro on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:09 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Puro, we all know that your biggest dream is to get an english passport and play for the Three Lions. Laughing 
lol! lol! lol! 

I'd rather coach them. There are some interesting English players coming up! Have you seen Lallana and Rodríguez play?
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 am

Puro wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:No. Brazilians usually like Holland. No reason to do that, just like with Germany, England, Italy... I think the only teams that will begin the WC as villains are Argentina, Spain and maybe Uruguay and USA (for political reasons: USA wars and the fact that we were also spied by them).

But remember that Brazilians usually cheer for the weaker team, and in Brazil cheering for a team means booing their oponnent. If Holland play Japan, Brazilians will choose Japan and boo Holland as a way to encourage the Japs.

Booing is part of Brazilian football culture. Brazilians boo so much that it doesn't mean much. And I'm sure the biggest boo in the WC will happen if Brazil get kicked out playing badly. The team that received more boos in the history of world football was certainly Brazil by their own supporters.

Before the 1970 WC, Brazil played their last pre-WC game in Brazil in Maracanã, a friendly against Paraguay. I'm not sure, but I think Brazil won 1-0, playing badly. The more than 100,000 supporters booed the team like hell. That was their way of saying good-bye to Pelé, Tostão, Rivelino, Gerson, Carlos Alberto Torres... before they won that WC.
Translation: Brazilians like many South Americans were brainwashed by the European propaganda of the "Total Football".

Little did the South American "average Joe" know that the Dutchies were stiff through amphetamines and whatever the hell else they were shooting up to gain an edge during those times.

Again Todo, don't believe a fucking word I say! Do your own fucking research! Biggrin <Ale> 
Puro, I had never heard about it.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
They had it all well hidden for years. The beauty about truth is that it can't be destroyed, sooner or later it surfaces.

They were stiff through amphetamines, Todo! TFS!

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:19 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:Sheva,

It doesn't matter if Scolari is a c**t. Diego Costa is Brazilian. Period.  

Fifa rules that allow a player that played friendly matches eligible to play for someone else are absurd, but if someone fulfill the requirements to get a foreign passport, I don't see any problem if he chooses to play for them. Diego Costa never played professionally in Brazil, so who am I to say how he should feel about his nationality.

I'm not saying it's ilegal. If FIFA allows it, it's legal. And yeh, I agree, he can choose the country he wants, but as a Brazilian football fan I have the right to think it's not nice. Wasn't he a kid in Brazil? Didn't he cheer for Brazil with his family and friends in past WCs? Didn't he celebrate when Brazil won the WC in 2002 and he was in his teens? How can he turn his back to that?  
I know that you're not saying it's ilegal. You have the right to think it's not nice, and I have the right to think that it's normal. We will have to agree to disagree <Ale> 

I cheered a lot for Brazil when I was a child in 94 and in 2002 I considered myself almost as a neutral, perhaps because of the corruption that goes on the brazilian FA. Maybe Diego Costa changed his view as well when he grew up. I know that is no Januzaj though.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:24 am

mongrel hawk wrote:

Fifa rules that allow a player that played friendly matches eligible to play for someone else are absurd, but if someone fulfill the requirements to get a foreign passport, I don't see any problem if he chooses to play for them. Diego Costa never played professionally in Brazil, so who am I to say how he should feel about his nationality.

I'm not saying it's ilegal. If FIFA allows it, it's legal. And yeh, I agree, he can choose the country he wants, but as a Brazilian football fan I have the right to think it's not nice. Wasn't he a kid in Brazil? Didn't he cheer for Brazil with his family and friends in past WCs? Didn't he celebrate when Brazil won the WC in 2002 and he was in his teens? How can he turn his back to that?  
I know that you're not saying it's ilegal. You have the right to think it's not nice, and I have the right to think that it's normal. We will have to agree to disagree <Ale> 

I cheered a lot for Brazil when I was a child in 94 and in 2002 I considered myself almost as a neutral, perhaps because of the corruption that goes on the brazilian FA. Maybe Diego Costa changed his view as well when he grew up. I know that is no Januzaj though.
Cheering against Brazil because of corruption doesn't make much sense to me. If we don't like corruption because it kills our football, we should fight corruption, and not our football.

But I agree we disagree. <Ale> 

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:31 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Cheering against Brazil because of corruption doesn't make much sense to me. If we don't like corruption because it kills our football, we should fight corruption, and not our football.

I don't cheer against Brazil because of corruption. I like to see Brazil winning, but I don't care too much if Brazil win or lose or I don't care as much as I did in the past. Do you care more about Corinthians or Brazil? That's what I'm talking about. When I was a child I cared about Brazil as much as I do about Galo. I watched Brazil playing against Uruguay in the Confed Cup and I wouldn't be sad if Uruguay had won. Exactly two weeks later we played against Newells in Libertadores semifinal and I almost had a heart attack.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:41 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

I don't cheer against Brazil because of corruption. I like to see Brazil winning, but I don't care too much if Brazil win or lose or I don't care as much as I did in the past. Do you care more about Corinthians or Brazil? That's what I'm talking about. When I was a child I cared about Brazil as much as I do about Galo. I watched Brazil playing against Uruguay in the Confed Cup and I wouldn't be sad if Uruguay had won. Exactly two weeks later we played against Newells in Libertadores semifinal and I almost had a heart attack.
Yeh, I'd choose Corinthians over Brazil any day.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:57 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
Puro wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:No. Brazilians usually like Holland. No reason to do that, just like with Germany, England, Italy... I think the only teams that will begin the WC as villains are Argentina, Spain and maybe Uruguay and USA (for political reasons: USA wars and the fact that we were also spied by them).

But remember that Brazilians usually cheer for the weaker team, and in Brazil cheering for a team means booing their oponnent. If Holland play Japan, Brazilians will choose Japan and boo Holland as a way to encourage the Japs.

Booing is part of Brazilian football culture. Brazilians boo so much that it doesn't mean much. And I'm sure the biggest boo in the WC will happen if Brazil get kicked out playing badly. The team that received more boos in the history of world football was certainly Brazil by their own supporters.

Before the 1970 WC, Brazil played their last pre-WC game in Brazil in Maracanã, a friendly against Paraguay. I'm not sure, but I think Brazil won 1-0, playing badly. The more than 100,000 supporters booed the team like hell. That was their way of saying good-bye to Pelé, Tostão, Rivelino, Gerson, Carlos Alberto Torres... before they won that WC.
Translation: Brazilians like many South Americans were brainwashed by the European propaganda of the "Total Football".

Little did the South American "average Joe" know that the Dutchies were stiff through amphetamines and whatever the hell else they were shooting up to gain an edge during those times.

Again Todo, don't believe a fucking word I say! Do your own fucking research! Biggrin <Ale> 
Now you're 'hearing' it, better late than never.

The cheating goes back to the 50's with "The Miracle of Bern", Miracle of Bern? My ass!

The Germans pumped themselves full of pervitin before facing Hungary in the final.

[Puro, what the fuck is pervitin? can you explain?] Certainly, certainly, certainly...pervitin is a stimulant, a methamphetamine which among many things turns German fears into aggression. It was given to German soldiers by the Nazis in WW2.

[Puro! this shite sounds amazing, can you tell us some more?] Certainly, certainly, certainly...the Germans had been utterly destroyed by Hungary already and the German team were demoralized and thus the German doctors pumped the players up with pervitin which not only makes a person more aggressive but it also gives them lots of energy. There's also psychological effects such as delusions of grandiosity, excessive feelings of power and invincibility. Deutschland! Deutschland! Deutschland! Biggrin 

Todo, to be fair to the childhood dreams of blut and the rest of the good Germans, that German team was technically not cheating for there was no prohibition to PEDs in FIFA in 1954.

There's also the case of Rinus Michels, Cruyff and the utter doping of the Dutchies throughout the 70s. They had a certain Docter Rolink whom was giving their players a white pill before matches, they fondly called it their "Hagelslag". Cheating bastards! Biggrin <Ale> 

[Puro, you've got my attention, what the fuck is Hagelsgag? can you please explain?] Certainly, certainly, certainly, that white pill made them feel super strong and like they were never out of oxygen. Total football indeed! The bad thing for the Dutchies was that they lost all the saliva in their mouth. No biggie!

Todo, there's a whole dossier of cases about doping. They even had Zico there. I thought he was doing something when he came back from Udinese. He looked very different.

Then there's the Ronaldo case when he went to PSV, poor Ronaldo, the Dutchies put so much junk into his young and still developing body.

They even had the English, but the English always knew the Germans were playing dirty in '66 so the English proceeded to have the refs on their side.

How's your German, Todo? It's all there and then some. Some of the stuff I read from German players was that they viewed doping as "a normal thing and totally accepted" lol! the German players were truly world champions about Stärkungschemie (strengthening chemistry). Some German players in the Mannschaft from Bayern's rival clubs called the players from the Munich club the "Walking Pharmacies" lol! 

http://www.cycling4fans.de/index.php?id=5759

It's a site about cycling with a dedicated section about doping in football with lots and lots of dossiers.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:54 am

Puro,

You're an artist. lol! 

I knew about the Germans in 1954, but not about the Dutch. This white pill you're talking about seems interesting. I'd like to have one for my weekend (who am I fooling, I'm too old for this).

Yeh, Ronaldo was turned into a monster in Europe. I hope they won't do the same to Neymar.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:27 am

No worries, Robinho to the rescue! Who needs Costa when you have Robinho?

Robinho replaces Diego Costa in Brazil squad

The 29-year-old has replaced the Atletico striker in the Selecao squad, while Alexandre Pato and Lucas Moura are notable omissions for the friendlies
http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2013/10/31/4373777/robinho-replaces-diego-costa-in-brazil-squad?ICID=HP_TS_4

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:47 am

Now I know how it felt to be a german in 2006, Blut. It's a shame to have a World Cup at home without talent/depth up front.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:08 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Hah....kinda funny and admirable in a weird way. Booing or cheering, the very least I hope to have is some genuine atmosphere in a country with a strong football tradition instead of Vuvuzelas killing every nerve in my body while watching a match. Ale

And again, I wouldn't mind a hostile atmosphere. I think it would be beneficial.
I don't think there'll be a hostile atmosphere regarding Germany.

The thing with Spain goes beyond football: there had been a series of news regarding Brazilian tourists being unfairly barred in Spanish airports without reason before the Confed Cup, which created a diplomatic crises between the 2 countries. Add to that the typical Spanish prejudice against Brazilians and South Americans in general. And now we have the Diego Costa case. Spain and Argentina will certainly be the villains in the eyes of Brazilians.

Brazilians may cheer for a weaker team against Germany, but that's all. Brazilians usually sympathise with the German team.

There are millions of Italian descendants in Brazil, so Italy may feel at home.

I'm curious to know the reaction of the public during the USA national anthem. I don't know how they will react, but I won't be surprised if they boo their anthem every time they play.  
Todo,

Will Brazil boo Holland you think?
No. Brazilians usually like Holland. No reason to do that, just like with Germany, England, Italy... I think the only teams that will begin the WC as villains are Argentina, Spain and maybe Uruguay and USA (for political reasons: USA wars and the fact that we were also spied by them).

I'm curious to see how the crowd will react when Argentina play. When it comes to football, most of brazilians have an "anything but Argentina" mentality. Like Todo said, booing is part of Brazilian football culture. Add to that the fact that cheering against your rivals almost as much as you do for your favourite club is also part of brazilian football culture and Argentina will probably feel they are playing away. They have the best fans in the world and thousands of them will be watching, so that may balance things. The stadium atmosphere will be interesting.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:35 pm

I guess there'll be so many Argentines here they will feel at home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 am