WC seeds

debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: WC seeds

Post by debaser on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 pm

yeah 1978 was all about European refereeing corruption. good job the hosts played fair that year lol!
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:23 pm

debaser wrote:yeah 1978 was all about European refereeing corruption. good job the hosts played fair that year lol!
Name the instances where a European team was screwed by a South American ref that year '78.

Oh you don't want me to pull out the dossier about the "Robbery of the Century" WC '66. Biggrin <Ale>
debaser

Post by debaser on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Puro wrote:
debaser wrote:yeah 1978 was all about European refereeing corruption. good job the hosts played fair that year lol!
Name the instances where a European team was screwed by a South American ref that year '78.

Oh you don't want me to pull out the dossier about the "Robbery of the Century" WC '66. Biggrin <Ale>
didn't say anything about European teams being screwed. Brazil were the victims of Peru throwing the Argentina match. that made the tournament a farce.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:53 pm

debaser wrote:
didn't say anything about European teams being screwed. Brazil were the victims of Peru throwing the Argentina match.  that made the tournament a farce.
That is correct, Debbie!

UEFA teams are not screwed by South American refs during WCs.

If Perú being threatened at halftime in their dressing room by the Argie Junta is a farce (I agree with you, the Argie Junta c**ts were something else), what do you call what transpired in WC 1966 from the get go (from the group stage) involving South American teams such as Brasil being screwed by English 'refs' Dagnall, McCabe...through the KO stage where racist and homosexual Stanley Rous decided the refs all by himself; the 'game' when Argentina were robbed by a German gifting the win to England by having them play against ten men for no reason and allowing an absurdly ridiculous offside goal to the hosts; when Uruguay were royally fucked by another English ref gifting the "W" to West Germany by having Uruguay play with nine men because the Uruguayans had the nerve to protest a stonewall penalty for them while the English c**t was gifting PK's to the Germans for no apparent reason; where Portugal were told to travel to London at the last minute for their semifinal game against England when the schedule clearly indicated the game was to be played in Liverpool, all the way to the goal that never was a goal in the final (the linesman himself said he called it a goal to fuck Germany)?

What!? you don't know what to call the obvious?

On this side of the pond it is known as "The Robbery of the Century". Biggrin <Ale> 
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Debbie, the farce is that everything has been a farce.

Good guys like blut and the like, feeling proud about his German teams from childhood. Little did he know that they were all doped as far back as 1950! They loved their Panzer Chocolate! TFS!

The Dutchies too were stiff through amphetamines during the 70's. Again, TFS!

I LOVE the nerve them Dutchies and their media had by calling their utter chicanery and skulduggery "Total Football".

"Total Football" my ass! They may have fooled everyone in Europe, but on this side of the pond, we knew better. TFS! <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm not a conspiration theorist like Puro, but that disallowed goal was really strange. For those who can't understand Portuguese:

Zico scores a header at 90'8'' after a corner kick against Sweden. The goal is disallowed because, according to the ref, the game ended while the ball was in the air.

Rewarding the video:

1. After the ball is correctly put inside the proper corner kick area, the linesman goes there, takes the ball and puts it again in the correct place, delaying the corner kick for no reason.

2. Before the corner kick, the ref approaches the Swedish keeper and tells him something, delaying the corner kick again.

3. Zico scores a header, the ref whistles AFTER the ball crosses the line and disallows the goal saying the game had ended.

debaser

Post by debaser on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:29 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:I'm not a conspiration theorist like Puro, but that disallowed goal was really strange. For those who can't understand Portuguese:

Zico scores a header at 90'8'' after a corner kick against Sweden. The goal is disallowed because, according to the ref, the game ended while the ball was in the air.

Rewarding the video:

1. After the ball is correctly put inside the proper corner kick area, the linesman goes there, takes the ball and puts it again in the correct place, delaying the corner kick for no reason.  

2. Before the corner kick, the ref approaches the Swedish keeper and tells him something, delaying the corner kick again.

3. Zico scores a header, the ref whistles AFTER the ball crosses the line and disallows the goal saying the game had ended.

yeah that's very dodgy. I thought it was not given for a (non-existant) foul on the keeper or something. you can't blow full-time while a corner in midair ffs! either call full time before they take it, or wait till the move has finished.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:50 pm

debaser wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:I'm not a conspiration theorist like Puro, but that disallowed goal was really strange. For those who can't understand Portuguese:

Rewarding the video:

yeah that's very dodgy. I thought it was not given for a (non-existant) foul on the keeper or something. you can't blow full-time while a corner in midair ffs! either call full time before they take it, or wait till the move has finished.
Yeh, the goal was disallowed because the game had ended, and that was really strange. But I prefer to believe he was a horrible ref rather than a robber.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Rewarding the video:

Get it together, Todo!

If it looks like a snake, crawls like a snake, bites like a snake and slithers away like a snake...be brave and call it what it is.

Besides, the term "conspiracy theorists" was made up by the conspirators themselves in an attempt to discredit the people who were onto their conspiracies.

For instance, the latest example, Edward Snowden. The conspirators first tried to ridicule him by calling him a "conspiracy theorist", then he was called a "liar", a "traitor" and all kinds of names.

Oh you better believe that there are conspiracies. They've been in existence throughout history and there will always be the heroes, the conspiracy researchers and whistle-blowers to call them out.

If it looks like a snake, crawls like a snake, bites like a snake and slithers away like a snake...it is a conspirator! TFS!

Don't believe me, Todo! Do your own fucking research!
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:10 am

Puro wrote:

Rewarding the video:

Get it together, Todo!

If it looks like a snake, crawls like a snake, bites like a snake and slithers away like a snake...be brave and call it what it is.

Besides, the term "conspiracy theorists" was made up by the conspirators themselves in an attempt to discredit the people who were onto their conspiracies.

For instance, the latest example, Edward Snowden. The conspirators first tried to ridicule him by calling him a "conspiracy theorist", then he was called a "liar", a "traitor" and all kinds of names.

Oh you better believe that there are conspiracies. They've been in existence throughout history and there will always be the heroes, the conspiracy researchers and whistle-blowers to call them out.

If it looks like a snake, crawls like a snake, bites like a snake and slithers away like a snake...it is a conspirator! TFS!

Don't believe me, Todo! Do your own fucking research!
There's proof in the Snowden case. There isn't proof that the refs helped Europeans in 1978 or in 1966. I agree there are hints, but not enough to make me believe in it. For me, it's only a theory on a conspiracy that may or may not have happened.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:35 am

There wasn't any 'proof' that Carl Lewis was also on the juice during the 1988 Olympic Games when he lost to Ben Johnson in the 100 meter final.

Immediately the conspirators pointed the finger at Ben Johnson being the lone cheater.

Fuck! they all were on the juice, Lewis, Christie, Smith, Johnson.

Lewis and Christie enjoyed a bigger system protecting them, but we knew better.

In a race where everyone doped, Carl Lewis was named the winner even though he lost. Ben Johnson just didn't have a 'team' behind him such as Lewis's. You gotta love the corporations and their 'investments'.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah, South Americans only fuck themselves over while sucking up to the Europeans, while only Europeans cheat and do match fixing. I seriously wonder how you go on with your life if everything is so simple to you Puro. So when you take a dump, for instance, do you blame the corrupt (North-)European fuckos for the smell, or is it the Latin cuisine? Questions...

Puro's world view in a nutshell: the darker you are, the more innocent and pure (and the better your football).
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:29 am

Axeslammer wrote:So FIFA up to their old tricks : defining seeding criteria just before the tournament instead of at the start of the qualifying campaign.....and nobody thinks that's strange....
And they're doing it again : all of a sudden France is *not* placed in pot 2....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:13 am