Are you a football hipster?

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Are you a football hipster?

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Are you a football hipster? Take our test to find out

Do you know your regista from your trequartista? Your false nine from your true 10? Your 4-1-2-3 from your 4-2-3-1? Take our test to see how much of a football hipster you really are
http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/oct/29/are-you-a-football-hipster
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Are you a football hipster?

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:37 pm

50 out of 60 cheers

Dortmund aren't really hipster anymore though, way too mainstream now. In England it was probably Swansea last season, now it's all about Southampton Laughing
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 pm

You scored 48 out of a possible 60
CONGRATULATIONS! You say Italian teams in an Italian accent, love stories of tactical innovations of the 1950s and prefer a well-executed lateral five-yard pass to a 30-yard screamer into the top corner. YOU'RE A FULLY FLEDGED FOOTBALL HIPSTER!
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 pm

You scored 32 out of a possible 60

Nope. YOU'RE NO FOOTBALL HIPSTER! You like goals, goals, goals, pronounce Milan as Milan rather than Mee-lan, and quite frankly you're not really sure you'd recognise a false nine if one came up and shook you by the hand. You've got some work to do. Start of with a video of the 1991 European Cup final between Red Star Belgrade and Marseille and work from there.

<Ale>

I understand the false 9 and football hipsterism, I just don't buy into it, i'm OLD SKOOL!
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Romford Pele wrote:50 out of 60 cheers

Dortmund aren't really hipster anymore though, way too mainstream now. In England it was probably Swansea last season, now it's all about Southampton Laughing
Never understood why Dortmund were considered 'hipster' to begin with. One of the biggest and most successful German clubs, CL winners, highest average attendances in Europe and so on. If Dortmund aren't 'mainstream', I don't know what is.

Perfect hipster clubs in the Bundesliga context are St. Pauli (prolly too well known now though) and Freiburg.
Murray

Number of posts : 10191

Post by Murray on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:29 pm

You scored 47 out of a possible 60

CONGRATULATIONS! You say Italian teams in an Italian accent, love stories of tactical innovations of the 1950s and prefer a well-executed lateral five-yard pass to a 30-yard screamer into the top corner. YOU'RE A FULLY FLEDGED FOOTBALL HIPSTER!
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:31 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

Never understood why Dortmund were considered 'hipster' to begin with. One of the biggest and most successful German clubs, CL winners, highest average attendances in Europe and so on. If Dortmund aren't 'mainstream', I don't know what is.

Perfect hipster clubs in the Bundesliga context are St. Pauli (prolly too well known now though) and Freiburg.
I guess it depends on your definition of hipster? Maybe it's because they had been quiet for a while before Klopp's intervention. Can big clubs be hipsters or is that just leveled at mid-level clubs who have decent infrastructure and play good footie?
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:17 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Never understood why Dortmund were considered 'hipster' to begin with. One of the biggest and most successful German clubs, CL winners, highest average attendances in Europe and so on. If Dortmund aren't 'mainstream', I don't know what is.
mostly aestethics I suppose.

A tradition of fugly pale neon shirts from the '90s

and a perfectly hipster club logo and acronym
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:57 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

They kind of faded into anonymity for a while though. None of the kids today will remember 1997.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm

You scored 39 out of a possible 60

Close but no cigar – YOU'RE A BIT OF A HIPSTER! You love a bit of tactical talk and wear your 1991-92 St Pauli away shirt with pride, but deep down there's part of you who prefers a cavorting mess of a 4-3 to a well-disciplined 0-0. You heathen, you. Still, you're well on your way to zen-like hipsterdom.

cheers

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 pm

22 out of 60 and proud of it

Hipsters = retards

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 9:30 pm