2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Share
avatar
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Age : 34
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Cristiano on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm

We are gonna get Chelsea.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm

debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

sure but that's % play for you. get it into box enough times and one will probably fall for you. PSG needed to be better on the break.

--

Cech just saved the day at the end.

My point is it wasn't a long punt + knock down which led to that goal (at least not directly). It was a shot going well wide that deflected kindly into Ba's path.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Jaime on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Cristiano wrote:
Jaime wrote:*collective sigh of relief**

I feared the worst, strangely enough it was two silly mistakes that gave them the 2 goals and not some of the wonderfully created chances.

Yeah. And RM had chances as well but Bale and Benzema, in particular, were not as sharp as they have been.

Casemiro made a big difference when he came on. Still a mystery why he has virtually disappeared since preseason.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by debaser on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Murray wrote:I wish the English media numpties would stop going on about previous comebacks by English teams in Europe. It doesn't mean it is going to happen again, they are just desperately clutching at straws.

Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

maybe next time you should listen to the media numpties. then you won't be so surprised at the end result Ale
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:44 pm

messiah wrote:psg deserve to get KO though, didn't do shit

neither did chelsea.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by 110% on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:45 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
messiah wrote:psg deserve to get KO though, didn't do shit

neither did chelsea.

They scored.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by messiah on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
messiah wrote:psg deserve to get KO though, didn't do shit

neither did chelsea.

except score two jammy goals, blanc talked a big game but did nothing.
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Murray on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 pm

110% wrote:
Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?

PSG were too negative but Chelsea are still a jammy shit team, they are basically just an expensive version of Stoke.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 pm

110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

are you saying psg deserve anything from this game, except what they're getting?

granted they didnt play well, but dont think chelsea deserved to win.

what???? psg were shite in pretty much all areas of the pitch except the keeper, of course chelsea deserved to win. It could have been by even more, with the 2 shots on the cross bar with the keeper beaten

Sirigu had the Schurle shot covered. But if you want to play that game, what if Cavani had scored his chance? and Marquinhos? The tie would have been over.

Penalty (won by Oscar diving).
goal from a long throw
goal from a deflected shot

great team
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by debaser on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

sure but that's % play for you. get it into box enough times and one will probably fall for you. PSG needed to be better on the break.

--

Cech just saved the day at the end.

My point is it wasn't a long punt + knock down which led to that goal (at least not directly). It was a shot going well wide that deflected kindly into Ba's path.

but it's clearly what led to it indirectly. it's all part of the same tactic anyhow: keep putting the ball back in the box as quick as possible, shoot whenever you get the chance. repeat often enough and your chances of a lucky bounce keep increasing.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 pm

110% wrote:
Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?

I don't think what happened in this game is in any way comparable to previous Barca-Chelsea games.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Fey on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Murray wrote:
110% wrote:
Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?

PSG were too negative but Chelsea are still a jammy shit team, they are basically just an expensive version of Stoke.

Has there ever been a British team who did it with fluent football. Not a fan of Maureen at all, but 8 semi's is impressive.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm

debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

sure but that's % play for you. get it into box enough times and one will probably fall for you. PSG needed to be better on the break.

--

Cech just saved the day at the end.

My point is it wasn't a long punt + knock down which led to that goal (at least not directly). It was a shot going well wide that deflected kindly into Ba's path.

but it's clearly what led to it indirectly. it's all part of the same tactic anyhow: keep putting the ball back in the box as quick as possible, shoot whenever you get the chance. repeat often enough and your chances of a lucky bounce keep increasing.

yet 110% seems to think Chelsea were trying to "play"cyclops

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by 110% on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

are you saying psg deserve anything from this game, except what they're getting?

granted they didnt play well, but dont think chelsea deserved to win.

what???? psg were shite in pretty much all areas of the pitch except the keeper, of course chelsea deserved to win. It could have been by even more, with the 2 shots on the cross bar with the keeper beaten

Sirigu had the Schurle shot covered. But if you want to play that game, what if Cavani had scored his chance? and Marquinhos? The tie would have been over.

Penalty (won by Oscar diving).
goal from a long throw
goal from a deflected shot

great team

I don't really want to play that game as you are comparing incidents where the ball hits the bar and is inches from going to in to incidents where players shot high and/or wide. Should we get into a stupid conversation of what if both teams had scored all their chances? Chelsea scored 2 goals, hit the bar twice, sirigu made a great save from a lampard freekick, and cech made a great save at the end. Chelsea deservedly won 2-0 and it could have been more. psg never turned up and have no-one to blame except themselves. They weren't unlucky, they were shit
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:58 pm

110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

are you saying psg deserve anything from this game, except what they're getting?

granted they didnt play well, but dont think chelsea deserved to win.

what???? psg were shite in pretty much all areas of the pitch except the keeper, of course chelsea deserved to win. It could have been by even more, with the 2 shots on the cross bar with the keeper beaten

Sirigu had the Schurle shot covered. But if you want to play that game, what if Cavani had scored his chance? and Marquinhos? The tie would have been over.

Penalty (won by Oscar diving).
goal from a long throw
goal from a deflected shot

great team

I don't really want to play that game as you are comparing incidents where the ball hits the bar and is inches from going to in to incidents where players shot high and/or wide. Should we get into a stupid conversation of what if both teams had scored all their chances? Chelsea scored 2 goals, hit the bar twice, sirigu made a great save from a lampard freekick, and cech made a great save at the end. Chelsea deservedly won 2-0 and it could have been more. psg never turned up and have no-one to blame except themselves. They weren't unlucky, they were shit

the lampard freekick that was deflected?

And yes PSG were unlucky with the 2nd goal. It was a shot going well wide that deflected into Ba's path.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by debaser on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:58 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:yet 110% seems to think Chelsea were trying to "play"cyclops

they weren't exactly doing that the whole match, got more direct as 2nd half went on.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by 110% on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:01 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

sure but that's % play for you. get it into box enough times and one will probably fall for you. PSG needed to be better on the break.

--

Cech just saved the day at the end.

My point is it wasn't a long punt + knock down which led to that goal (at least not directly). It was a shot going well wide that deflected kindly into Ba's path.

but it's clearly what led to it indirectly. it's all part of the same tactic anyhow: keep putting the ball back in the box as quick as possible, shoot whenever you get the chance. repeat often enough and your chances of a lucky bounce keep increasing.

yet 110% seems to think Chelsea were trying to "play"cyclops

it's funny you using the cyclops emoticon, as you only seem to be seeing what you want to see. Chelsea did try to play their way in as well, but that was difficult as the whole of the psg was camped in their own half. The last 10 mins was balls being launched into the box, as chelsea got desperate, but you're pretty desperate if you think the whole game was like that Very Happy

If kimbo was here he'd be calling me a chelsea fan, but I have no affinity to either team. I would have liked to see an ibra choke, but he wasn't playing and I got to see the whole of the psg team choke

avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Murray on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:03 pm

That's another game that proves we need to get rid of the away goals rule.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:07 pm

110% wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
debaser wrote:finally the long punts pay off. very route one tactic but pays off.

they got massively lucky with the deflected shot.

sure but that's % play for you. get it into box enough times and one will probably fall for you. PSG needed to be better on the break.

--

Cech just saved the day at the end.

My point is it wasn't a long punt + knock down which led to that goal (at least not directly). It was a shot going well wide that deflected kindly into Ba's path.

but it's clearly what led to it indirectly. it's all part of the same tactic anyhow: keep putting the ball back in the box as quick as possible, shoot whenever you get the chance. repeat often enough and your chances of a lucky bounce keep increasing.

yet 110% seems to think Chelsea were trying to "play"cyclops

it's funny you using the cyclops emoticon, as you only seem to be seeing what you want to see. Chelsea did try to play their way in as well, but that was difficult as the whole of the psg was camped in their own half. The last 10 mins was balls being launched into the box, as chelsea got desperate, but you're pretty desperate if you think the whole game was like that Very Happy

If kimbo was here he'd be calling me a chelsea fan, but I have no affinity to either team. I would have liked to see an ibra choke, but he wasn't playing and I got to see the whole of the psg team choke


You were comparing Chelsea to Barcelona cyclopsChelsea created very little in the first half through acually "playing". The goal was from a long throw, and Lampard had a deflected freekick, which Sirigu saved. PSG were comfortable but gave away a silly goal.

It was quite clear that you wanted Chelsea to win, while i wanted PSG to win. But sure, "you have no affinity towards either team".

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by 110% on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:23 pm

110% wrote:
Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?

Bobo, Is this where you think I said chelsea played like barcelona?

I say that chelsea "tried to play". The second sentence is about when chelsea refuse to play against barcelona they get blamed for it, today psg refused to play, so we shouldn't blame chelsea for the game being as it was. I don't say chelsea play like barcelona Doh
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:42 pm

110% wrote:
110% wrote:
Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?

Bobo, Is this where you think I said chelsea played like barcelona?

I say that chelsea "tried to play". The second sentence is about when chelsea refuse to play against barcelona they get blamed for it, today psg refused to play, so we shouldn't blame chelsea for the game being as it was. I don't say chelsea play like barcelona Doh

PSG played on the counter. That doesnt mean they didnt try to play.
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Murray on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:57 pm

21 years later, Kostadinov still haunts Laurent Blanc

avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Murray on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:13 pm

avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:50 pm

According to Robbie Savage, Danny Welbeck could be the key to United exploiting Bayern's 'weakness'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26892403

lol!

avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by debaser on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:12 am

Isco Benny wrote:According to Robbie Savage, Danny Welbeck could be the key to United exploiting Bayern's 'weakness'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26892403

lol!


now I'm not one to defend Savage but there's nothing particularly laughable in the article. it says Bayern are big favourites and balls over the top for Welbeck to run onto might be Utd's only chance of scoring 'cause that was all they were able to create in first leg.
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by  on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:20 am

Jaime wrote:Both goalkeepers have been immense tonight.

Weidenfeller has been immense for an eternity

now three guesses

how many caps does he have ?

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by 110% on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
110% wrote:
110% wrote:
Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?

Bobo, Is this where you think I said chelsea played like barcelona?

I say that chelsea "tried to play". The second sentence is about when chelsea refuse to play against barcelona they get blamed for it, today psg refused to play, so we shouldn't blame chelsea for the game being as it was. I don't say chelsea play like barcelona Doh

PSG played on the counter. That doesnt mean they didnt try to play.

Psg are fully entitled to play just how they like, such as on the counter, and they were ok defensively for the most part, but that was mainly because chelsea didn't have much in the way of strikers and hazard, got injured. But if you play counter-attack you can't be ok defensively, you have to be very good defensively. Then on the counter itself cavani missed a couple of chances, but he had no-one in support, you can't counter-attack with one player. Going forward psg were awful, and they actually had plenty of possession just did nothing with it.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Super Progress on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 am

wrote:
Jaime wrote:Both goalkeepers have been immense tonight.

Weidenfeller has been immense for an eternity

now three guesses

how many caps does he have ?
I like him but surely you wouldn't pick him over Neuer


Fey wrote:
Murray wrote:
110% wrote:
Murray wrote:Typical facking jammy Chelsea bastards with their shit on a stick football

It's games like that that really make me hate football

Are you blaming chelsea for how the game panned out, it was psg who came for the 0-0, the only team that tried to play was chelsea. When chelsea do that to barcelona, it's all chelsea's fault, now psg do it and it's still chelsea's fault?

PSG were too negative but Chelsea are still a jammy shit team, they are basically just an expensive version of Stoke.

Has there ever been a British team who did it with fluent football. Not a fan of Maureen at all, but 8 semi's is impressive.

The Special One<Ale>

Progressive footballAle

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by 110% on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 pm

So how's about tonight. 2 ties in the balance.

On paper bayern look like they should win easily, luckily for the moyesiah, football is played on grass. Is welbeck the answer to a question that was never asked? But how we would laugh if "the greatest manager of all time" leading "the greatest team of all time" would lose to moyes united (I know I would at least)

On the other game, the far more likeable team, athletico, is likely to be missing their best player, while barca mistakenly forgot to kidnap some defenders during their recent crime spree. A 0-0 would see athletico through, but messi has found form again so that could prove difficult. The other big question is how many times will neymar dive tonight? I say 7.


Last edited by 110% on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 am