2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Quarterfinals

Post by Jaime on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 pm

FUCK OFF WITSCHGE YOU FUCKING DIVER!
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Filipe Luis is so good. God and to think we had him and let him go. Grr
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Atleti hanging on by a thread....
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Good result for United that, they're still very much in this tie.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Pinto is horrible! How can he be at Barca?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Fey wrote:Pinto is horrible! How can he be at Barca?

He's Messi's best mate. ok

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Jaime wrote:FUCK OFF WITSCHGE YOU FUCKING DIVER!

<Ale> 

Such a c**t, the absolute worst diver I have ever seen in football. He's so bad that if he fell at the bottom of a staircase he'd could roll all the way to the top.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Ah well 1-1 is a great result for Atleti. Hopefully Costa is fit for the 2nd leg.

NeoChap

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Post by NeoChap on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Did Moyes get this right? Played the older defenders who didn't get lost looking for Muller but might have been worn down by a direct player. Played a tall team and scored from a set piece. Attacked Alaba and ignored Rafinha who's less of a threat. Had Wellbeck sometimes up front and sometimes on the left then put him at no 9 when the game stretched. Certainly the players weren't individually special, except for Buttner (by his standards). I assume they'll get smashed in Munich, but I guess they're only a fluke or a referee away from success.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 pm

NeoChap wrote:Did Moyes get this right? Played the older defenders who didn't get lost looking for Muller but might have been worn down by a direct player. Played a tall team and scored from a set piece. Attacked Alaba and ignored Rafinha who's less of a threat. Had Wellbeck sometimes up front and sometimes on the left then put him at no 9 when the game stretched. Certainly the players weren't individually special, except for Buttner (by his standards). I assume they'll get smashed in Munich, but I guess they're only a fluke or a referee away from success.

You could say that, in the same way average premier league managers sometimes get it right against top clubs by keeping it tight and simple.

110%

Post by 110% on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Kimbo wrote:
NeoChap wrote:Did Moyes get this right? Played the older defenders who didn't get lost looking for Muller but might have been worn down by a direct player. Played a tall team and scored from a set piece. Attacked Alaba and ignored Rafinha who's less of a threat. Had Wellbeck sometimes up front and sometimes on the left then put him at no 9 when the game stretched. Certainly the players weren't individually special, except for Buttner (by his standards). I assume they'll get smashed in Munich, but I guess they're only a fluke or a referee away from success.

You could say that, in the same way average premier league managers sometimes get it right against top clubs by keeping it tight and simple.

<Ale> 

Hope that performance means that he survives until next season, to further evertonise manchester united
Murray

Number of posts : 10206

Post by Murray on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 pm

It was just like watching Moyes' Everton team - park the bus and hope to score from a corner or free kick.

Really not how a big team such as Man U should be playing
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 pm

But in fairness they did score from open play and it was disallowed. And Welbeck should have scored one on one. That was all good play. He played a decent amount of attacking players but kept it tight. Most sensible approach to this game.

Obviously he's still a numpty but he did seem to get it right.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Have I missed something here? Are SOME people criticizing Man United for playing compact and tight against Bayern 'haven't lost a game this season' Munich? The same Bayern that have ritually humiliated teams all year?

'Kin hell, tough task masters.

Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Have I missed something here? Are SOME people criticizing Man United for playing compact and tight against Bayern 'haven't lost a game this season' Munich? The same Bayern that have ritually humiliated teams all year?

'Kin hell, tough task masters.

They haven't lost a game........ in Germany. Man U played the only way they could, I don't so much blame them for that, though I do think it is a bit lame that they've been reduced to playing that way against anyone at home.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:27 pm

Funny isn't it? Had he gone out like they're suggesting and got raped they'd all be lololololololol Moyes numpty Moyes lololololololol.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 am

Murray wrote:

It was just like watching Moyes' Everton team - park the bus and hope to score from a corner or free kick.

Yeah but Jose will play the same way and everyone will think it's genius.
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 am

Bizarre how Guardiola continues to play Mueller up front, when it is clearly a hopeless case... he has scored plenty more goals from behind the striker than as the CF or 'false 9' or whatever. Put Mandzukic as CF from the start, have Mueller crossing & feeding the ball to him, success is inevitable... really astounding how stubborn Guardiola is to not implement this all the time; there have literally been over a dozen cases this year where Mandzukic comes on for either Goetze or the Mueller as the false 9 and immediately enhances Bayern's performance.

Also put Martinez in midfield, Lahm on the right, and cut this innovation shit right out... it clearly is only hindering rather than improving Bayern Munich. Hopefully Guardiola's intent on putting his 'own style' on an already lethal team will not be their undoing...

Also Boateng continues to show his shit factor, especially in big games... brute strength & pace can only make up for so much positional mediocrity & poor judgment. With Badstuber still out, the CB department of Bayern really needs work, especially if Pep continues to neglect Heynckes' excellent double pivot of Martinez & Schweinsteiger, which worked wonders defensively last season.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 am

young and rooney, the biggest divers in world football

http://gfycat.com/VainSerpentineKingfisher

i think it was a pretty good game, united had only 1 chance for welbeck, and the corner

very dominant, still there was something lacking with the final pass

in munich they have to score, maybe they will be a bit more open

no schweini, an dribbling götze should give them more problems

------------------

tonight HUGE GAME

a 2:1 loss would be great

--------------Weidenfeller
piscek--hummels--sokratis--durm
-------kehl------sahin
reus-----miki------großkreutz
-------aubameyang

watched the games vs sevilla and barca, very unlucky for madrid, they are tactically way better then last season
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:41 am

Xavier wrote:Bizarre how Guardiola continues to play Mueller up front, when it is clearly a hopeless case... he has scored plenty more goals from behind the striker than as the CF or 'false 9' or whatever. Put Mandzukic as CF from the start, have Mueller crossing & feeding the ball to him, success is inevitable... really astounding how stubborn Guardiola is to not implement this all the time; there have literally been over a dozen cases this year where Mandzukic comes on for either Goetze or the Mueller as the false 9 and immediately enhances Bayern's performance.

Also put Martinez in midfield, Lahm on the right, and cut this innovation shit right out... it clearly is only hindering rather than improving Bayern Munich. Hopefully Guardiola's intent on putting his 'own style' on an already lethal team will not be their undoing...

Also Boateng continues to show his shit factor, especially in big games... brute strength & pace can only make up for so much positional mediocrity & poor judgment. With Badstuber still out, the CB department of Bayern really needs work, especially if Pep continues to neglect Heynckes' excellent double pivot of Martinez & Schweinsteiger, which worked wonders defensively last season.

boateng made one mistake, otherwise i think he did very well

martinez is epic slow, and i think badstuber isn`t faster

we stay so high up the pitch, no defender in the world would look better;

i think it`s unfair on müller, he made good games as Main Striker, and scored more goals then MM in the CL; it`s the bonus of an huge squad, one can work hard for the team (müller last night)  and the player from the bench (mm) made the difference, maybe in the next game it will be reversed, it`s not that MM set the world alight vs. Arsenal

i am not sure about Martinez to replace Lahm, compared to last season we play very different, stay so high up the pitch, and always want the ball, here you don`t need muscles, you need brain

i know the standard that bayern set is pretty high, but this game was by no means bad, the welbeck chance and the goal where the only dangerous situations, bayern prevented most counters very good
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 am

Jaime wrote:
Murray wrote:

lol! 

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:09 pm

Jaime wrote:
Murray wrote:

Of course.

Same goes for Pullis and Wenger. When Pullis does it for Stoke or Crystal Palace he is "outdated dinosaur", but when Wenger does it (pre-game against stronger opponents or during the match when protecting the lead) he is praised for being flexible with this tactic and adjusting well to situation on the pitch.

Double standards (not that I am surprised)  <Ale>
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Boateng also lost Vidic for the goal, barely even tried marking him...

Mueller scored more goals from a supporting position, not as the main man... Mandzukic is very proficient at knocking balls down for his team-mates. Having a natural striker in the centre is where Bayern have the most success, because it allows their excellent wing-play to have a target. The crossing is aimless or non-existent without Mandzukic or Pizarro in the team.

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Well done to Moyes and Man Utd. They played well and especially considering their bad form. They held together pretty thight. They have found their way through Bayern's defence with long passes to Welbeck. So they certainly have a solid strategy in Munich and I believe they can do it.

Did people think the disallowed goal should have been given? My friend asked me during the game and I wasn't too sure because I have no idea where the line is on that rule. At certain point of course dangerous play is easy to spot but aside from that it seems a bit up in the air.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:37 pm

It was a close call, difficult to blame a referee whatever he would do in this occasion.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:42 pm

stinger wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Murray wrote:

Of course.

Same goes for Pullis and Wenger. When Pullis does it for Stoke or Crystal Palace he is "outdated dinosaur", but when Wenger does it (pre-game against stronger opponents or during the match when protecting the lead) he is praised for being flexible with this tactic and adjusting well to situation on the pitch.

Double standards (not that I am surprised)  <Ale>

Exactly. The nerve of Jose to say that Allardyce made West Ham play football from "a different century"? Come on Jose....pot, kettle, black...
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:44 pm

Super Progress wrote:Did people think the disallowed goal should have been given? My friend asked me during the game and I wasn't too sure because I have no idea where the line is on that rule. At certain point of course dangerous play is easy to spot but aside from that it seems a bit up in the air.

Seemed like Boateng just chickened out of challenging and put his hand up and the ref bought it.

I've never got why overhead kicks are allowed if stuff like that isn't. surely they are just as dangerous, if not more 'cause the player has less control of where their foot goes.

110%

Post by 110% on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Super Progress wrote:Well done to Moyes and Man Utd. They played well and especially considering their bad form. They held together pretty thight. They have found their way through Bayern's defence with long passes to Welbeck. So they certainly have a solid strategy in Munich and I believe they can do it.

Did people think the disallowed goal should have been given? My friend asked me during the game and I wasn't too sure because I have no idea where the line is on that rule. At certain point of course dangerous play is easy to spot but aside from that it seems a bit up in the air.

Agree. I don't know if they can manage to do it as many time as is required to win the CL, but they could do something in Munich for sure.

I can see why the ref disallowed it, but I agree with what coops said at the time. When you see the replays, it's just not dangerous play because for once Welbeck looks like he is in control of the ball:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/should-danny-welbecks-early-goal-for-man-united-v-bayern-have-been-disallowed/

The defender in the middle of the box didn't appeal, he thought it was a goal. I personally think it should have stood, but can understand why the ref ruled against it, and I think Welbeck was unlucky.

110%

Post by 110% on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:47 pm

debaser wrote:
Super Progress wrote:Did people think the disallowed goal should have been given? My friend asked me during the game and I wasn't too sure because I have no idea where the line is on that rule. At certain point of course dangerous play is easy to spot but aside from that it seems a bit up in the air.

Seemed like Boateng just chickened out of challenging and put his hand up and the ref bought it.

I've never got why overhead kicks are allowed if stuff like that isn't. surely they are just as dangerous, if not more 'cause the player has less control of where their foot goes.

I think it was martinez that kind of ducked his head, then both him and boateng stuck their hands up, they kind of "won" the freekick, it's the other defender not appealing that's interesting to me
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 pm

soft decision either way. though he might've handled it just before he shot (can't quite tell from that clip)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 am