FC Barcelona

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: FC Barcelona

Post by messiah on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Now that Alves is about to leave Barca and with it spain, where does he rank among all time great rightbacks/wingbacks.

I certainly can't think of anyone better, when u think about what he did for barca and especially Sevilla.

I think he has the most assist in la liga over the past decade or something like that.

I honestly can't think of a right back a better right back than him in world football since i have been watching football.

I put Cafu and anyone else in that, what he contributes to the attack makes up for whatever perceived weakness he might have in defense. he also certainly contributes more to his team winning that any great defensive fullback over the years

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:16 pm

We have signed Aleix Vidal on a 5 year deal. <Ale>

Hopefully Alves will stay for another 6 months because Montoya is shit.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:37 pm

messiah wrote:Now that Alves is about to leave Barca and with it spain, where does he rank among all time great rightbacks/wingbacks.

I certainly can't think of anyone better, when u think about what he did for barca and especially Sevilla.

I think he has the most assist in la liga over the past decade or something like that.

I honestly can't think of a right back a better right back than him in world football since i have been watching football.

I put Cafu and anyone else in that, what he contributes to the attack makes up for whatever perceived weakness he might have in defense. he also certainly contributes more to his team winning that any great defensive fullback over the years

Obviously he has had his issues defensively, at times. But that seems to be the way of modern football. Either you get someone who is defensively sound and limited in attack (e.g. Arbeloa) or you get the opposite like Dani Alves.

Alves' crossing in the air is pretty shit most of the time but it doesn't matter because Barcelona don't play with forwards that head the ball anyway.

At his peak (his latter Sevilla years and his first several with Barcelona), I would rate Alves higher than Cafu all things considered.

He fit Barcelona's system like a glove but interestingly he lost protagonism by moving there because of the other great players in the team. I've never seen a right wing back control a game like he did in Sevilla.

He's a dickhead. But he was a great great player. And he was again for the last 6 months. Now he's gonna sign a new mega contract and semi-retire for the next 4 years. ok
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:32 pm

He must be a total c**t, if you provoke Xavi of all people..
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Alves signs contract extension, guess that means Douglas and Montoya are out.

Also the board as step down for the elections, if laporta doesn't run then the treble might save them.
messiah

Post by messiah on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:06 am

I just realized we have 6 of our starts away at the copa America

Another leg up for those bastards in the capital, who only have 2 I think
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:52 pm

messiah wrote:I just realized we  have 6 of our starts away at the copa America

Another leg up for those bastards in the capital, who only have 2 I think

Always complaining you lot. If you don't like it, then sell Suarez, Messi, and Neymar. Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm actually really interested in this election.

You have Bartomeu, who for all of his connections to the failed Rosell presidency, just won the triplete. Laporta is back who will no doubt appeal to nostalgia. Plus there is Majo, Freixa, Farre...maybe I'm missing one. Of course it will come down to the first two. To me Toni Freixa actually seems like the most reasonable of the lot but I don't think he will win.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Laporta FTW.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Cruyff is backing Laporta.

Looks like he is digging up more documentation regarding the Neymar transfer that is going to kill Bartomeu. Although Bartomeu is ahead in the polls so far.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Cruyff: "You might as well shut La Masia down, there aren't any players that make it to the first team."

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Who is Bartra?

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:47 pm

O ye...and Rafinha. I knew there was somebody else but I was tired and couldn't think straight.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:32 pm

So it looks like we are signing Pogba next year. Which will be great.

Our front 6 will make us unstoppable....o wait we already are #treblewinners

Now just look at this:

Neymar-----Suarez-------Messi

------Pogba---------Rakatic

------------Busquets

Shocked

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Marc Bartra will be staying at Barcelona

Sources close to Marc Bartra have leaked to the media that the 23 year old defender has heard the right words from both Luis Enrique and the club and as such will be staying at the club. There were stories that he could do what Thiago Alcantará done two years back where he took advantage of a strange clause in his contract which let him leave for a nominal fee considering his talent and real value. Well here we had a similar situation with Marc Bartra being able to depart for a fee of €12m before the 1st of July where it then automatically becomes €50m.

His agent has been know to be talking to Manchester City, Bayern Munich, FC Porto and Tottenham Hotspur... But Luis Enrique called the player while he was on his initial part of his holiday in Mallorca with some other young teammates from La Masia and made clear to him that he was part of the future of the club and that he should stay and fight for his place like so many others have done in the past. Inuits called Bartra and told him that he also had to wait for his chance but never lost faith.

So it looks like Marc will be staying on which is extremely good news.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/marc-bartra-queda-barcelona-4311653

<Ale>
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Messi from La Masia wrote:Marc Bartra will be staying at Barcelona

Sources close to Marc Bartra have leaked to the media that the 23 year old defender has heard the right words from both Luis Enrique and the club and as such will be staying at the club.  There were stories that he could do what Thiago Alcantará done two years back where he took advantage of a strange clause in his contract which let him leave for a nominal fee considering his talent and real value.  Well here we had a similar situation with Marc Bartra being able to depart for a fee of €12m before the 1st of July where it then automatically becomes €50m.

His agent has been know to be talking to Manchester City, Bayern Munich, FC Porto and Tottenham Hotspur... But Luis Enrique called the player while he was on his initial part of his holiday in Mallorca with some other young teammates from La Masia and made clear to him that he was part of the future of the club and that he should stay and fight for his place like so many others have done in the past.  Inuits called Bartra and told him that he also had to wait for his chance but never lost faith.

So it looks like Marc will be staying on which is extremely good news.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/marc-bartra-queda-barcelona-4311653

<Ale>

That is great news!

Fey

Post by Fey on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Messi from La Masia wrote:So it looks like we are signing Pogba next year. Which will be great.

Our front 6 will make us unstoppable....o wait we already are #treblewinners

Now just look at this:

Neymar-----Suarez-------Messi

------Pogba---------Rakatic

------------Busquets

Shocked

Busquets=Milner

Otherwise its just another buy club team.
messiah

Post by messiah on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:15 am

when i see a midfield of pogba and rakitic i will love barca a little less

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:04 am

Who knows, maybe we will buy Veratti next summer as well if we save some money this summer. Veratti would be much more of a Xavi replacement than Rakatic or Pogba.

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:14 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2015/06/15/barcelona-to-jump-real-madrid-as-worlds-most-valuable-team/

Progress. <Ale>

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Busquets taking a sly dig at Penaldo here Smile :

http://grup14.com/story/busquets-interviewed-by-el-pais-i-play-to-bring-solutions-to-the-team

"I work to bring solutions to the team, that’s why I play. And Leo does it too, otherwise he would score even more goals. He would be Pichichi every season if he thought only about him. The evidence is the penalty he gave to Neymar that day against Córdoba. If each one of us looked for our interests, we wouldn’t win titles. When everyone does that, it doesn’t work."

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Welcome Arda Turan. <Ale>

Should be good back up to Iniesta and a different type of player than Neymar, he will give us an extra tactical option.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Messi from La Masia wrote:Welcome Arda Turan. <Ale>

Should be good back up to Iniesta and a different type of player than Neymar, he will give us an extra tactical option.

Nah mate, Lucho wants him for the XI in January. Iniesta era is over. Ale

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:39 pm

You've been saying the Iniesta era is over for years, I can remember you saying that we were going to sell him quite a few times.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:18 pm

Messi from La Masia wrote:You've been saying the Iniesta era is over for years, I can remember you saying that we were going to sell him quite a few times.

Lol no I didn't. He's 31. Lucho said he isn't going to play for ever. Here is the evidence.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 pm

I still think Iniesta will be first choice. Arda Turan will have to be slowly phased into the team as his role here(Barcelona) will be much different than the one he played here (Atletico).
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:26 am

Messi from La Masia wrote:I still think Iniesta will be first choice. Arda Turan will have to be slowly phased into the team as his role here(Barcelona) will be much different than the one he played here (Atletico).

lol!

You keeps us laughing that's for sure Worms.

Fey

Post by Fey on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Another La Massia product! They keep them producing ffs!

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 pm

MightyBarca wrote:I think the double pivot would be great for us. Play more direct woth rakitic coming in for busquets or masherano. If i was enrique i'd defo look into the double pivot. Time for a change i say.

bravo
alves pique 'hummels' alba
     masch busquets/rakitic
         iniesta
suarez messi neymar

Would be amazing.

Double pivot with Iniesta as a number 10?  lol! lol! lol!

You are even more stupid than I remember. Fuckface.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 pm