Total Votes: 20
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Who is going to be the champions?

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri May 30, 2014 6:13 pm

I of course omitted to mention the main, obvious reason why it's impossible to be optimistic about a German triumph, but that's been rehearsed so extensively by now that it never even occurred to me as worth mentioning.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Nobody mentioned Belgium either..

They have a few things to settle with Brazil. But im sure Brazil will get refs from Quatar and other non nations again.

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri May 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Fey wrote:Nobody mentioned Belgium either..

They have a few things to settle with Brazil. But im sure Brazil will get refs from Quatar and other non nations again.

Probably none of the current Belgian players even remember 2002! Biggrin
Fey

Post by Fey on Fri May 30, 2014 6:36 pm

I remember it like yesterday, that WC was great I thought, no Holland, so no Orange bullshit and commercials etc etc. Though even I admit I already bought an Holandress...

Just a football tourney that could be enjoyed by the ones who like football, watched it it some random turkish teahouse. Belgium should have won that game.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Fri May 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Kimbo wrote:I think Brazil and their PGD will win the day, Spain will bomb and if a challenge comes from Europe it will be the crafty krauts.
 ok 
Fey wrote:Im fairly sure the entire WC will be another "Game of Progress" fest, not just the Brazilians.
 ok 

Because Belgium won't do it. They have no fullbacks to help their wingers cut in and their central midfield isn't too creative so they could easily become predictable to play against.

PGD FTW big time

Brazil or France will take it

Portugal/Italy with an outside opportunity

Have no idea of what sort of football to expect from Holland but it will surely end in a failure but with LVG they might be interesting
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri May 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Super Progress wrote:
Kimbo wrote:I think Brazil and their PGD will win the day, Spain will bomb and if a challenge comes from Europe it will be the crafty krauts.
 ok 
Fey wrote:Im fairly sure the entire WC will be another "Game of Progress" fest, not just the Brazilians.
 ok 

Because Belgium won't do it. They have no fullbacks to help their wingers cut in and their central midfield isn't too creative so they could easily become predictable to play against.

PGD FTW big time

Brazil or France will take it

Portugal/Italy with an outside opportunity

Have no idea of what sort of football to expect from Holland but it will surely end in a failure but with LVG they might be interesting

You'll probably love Holland, Super, Van Gaal is playing with 5 defenders after all! Wink
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Fri May 30, 2014 7:16 pm

lol! 
You know me too well

Only a few days ago I would have written off Holland but then I read they were playing 5-2-3 and were bulking up. Although I did hear that Van Gaal wanted it to be offensive so I'm still on the fence but it will be interesting to watch and I can't wait to see if they will PGD Spain in the first game. I might even go Team Holland for the first time since 2000-2002.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/2bsgv-l4i02li4a6j1pbrg/Show/Team-Focus-How-Van-Gaals-Holland-Will-Line-Up-this-Summer

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri May 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Playing at home will not be a big advantage to Brazil. The fans at the stadium will be similar to Real Madrid fans that went to Lisbon last saturday and were quiet for 92 minutes until Ramos scored.
If Brazil don't score early or play well from the start, fans will be silent. If Brazil concede first, they will play in a very difficult, tense and negative atmosphere. The kind of people that are going to the WC are not used to support their clubs in stadiums.
And even the atmosphere at a club football match in Brazil is getting worse and worse.
I went to the Confed Cup semifinal against Uruguay and it was exactly what I expected.
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri May 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Playing at home will not be a big advantage to Brazil. The fans at the stadium will be similar to Real Madrid fans that went to Lisbon last saturday and were quiet for 92 minutes until Ramos scored.
If Brazil don't score early or play well from the start, fans will be silent. If Brazil concede first, they will play in a very difficult, tense and negative atmosphere. The kind of people that are going to the WC are not used to support their clubs in stadiums.
And even the atmosphere at a club football match in Brazil is getting worse and worse.
I went to the Confed Cup semifinal against Uruguay and it was exactly what I expected.

ok 

I'm not going to any WC game cause I don't like the posh national team public (and because the tickets are too expensive for me).

@Sheva

I may move to a small country town in Minas Gerais in the beginning of 2015. It's a 12,000 inhabitants town in the mineral water circuit in the south, 230 km from São Paulo city. I'm eager to move!   Very Happy

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sat May 31, 2014 4:48 am

I'm going to all matches in Belo Horizonte because this can be an once in a lifetime experience. As an example, I don't see myself going to Russia or Qatar.

It must be surreal to move from São Paulo to a 12,000 inhabitants town(a typical "roça" as we say here in Minas). One day you will miss the chaos! Smile
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Sat May 31, 2014 7:17 am

If Argentina really has no defense and FIFA is not *giving* it to Brazil via shady ref decisions....then Italy is my winner.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Sat May 31, 2014 7:27 am

very hard to predict

would the world cup be played in europe, then brazil and argentina would have no chance, the squads from germany and spain are way superior

it`s hard to predict, very very hard

but it`s not about players alone, the tactical setup is more important, you can`t press like you do in club football, you`ll be dead after 50 minutes Very Happy

that`s why i give spain the edge from all european teams

i don`t know what sort of football germany will play, but löw alreay hinted that it wouldn`t be very clever to play high intensity football

my ranking:
1. brazil/spain
2. germany/italy
3. argentina (sry i can`t rate them, they always flop against us)
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 1:19 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:It must be surreal to move from São Paulo to a 12,000 inhabitants town(a typical "roça" as we say here in Minas). One day you will miss the chaos! Smile

I loved São Paulo as a single guy in my 20s: parties, drugs, a different girl every week, etc. Now I'm married for 3 years and we want dogs and maybe children. SP is no place for children. So I convinced my wife to go to her family town where I can work as a book translator through the internet. If I miss SP, in 3 hours by car I'm here to spend the weekend and see my family and friends (and my club games!).

@Kroos

Too soon for you to begin talking shite. If the WC was in Europe, Germany and Spain would have a chance. Here they stand no chance. South Africa was a big fucking accident, the worst WC champions ever: Spain had the worst attack in numbers for a WC champion ever, were lucky against Paraguay and were the only WC champions that lost a game during the WC ever. That was a fucking disgrace for football. Germany and Uruguay would have been much better champions. I see Spain winning in South Africa almost as bad as Greece winning in Europe.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sat May 31, 2014 1:35 pm

since 2008 they haven`t conceded a freaking goal in the knockout stages, and the confed cup is like the club world championship, no one cares or rates it, so i don`t count this one ^^

attack wins you matches, a defence (or possession) a tournament
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Kroos wrote:since 2008 they haven`t conceded a freaking goal in the knockout stages

Brazil 3-0 Spain. Don't come with "Confed Cup is meaningless". No team plays an international final as if it was a friendly.

Kroos wrote:attack wins you matches, a defence (or possession) a tournament

Here I have to agree with you.  <Ale> 
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sat May 31, 2014 1:42 pm

of course spain played to win the confed cup final, but i bet that they didn`t spend as much time for preperation (or intensity) as they would for an world cup
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sat May 31, 2014 1:48 pm

Although I think tiki-taka is going to be killed off at this WC, I think Spain were physically wasted at the confederations cup, they probably won't get rolled over that easily again.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sat May 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Kimbo wrote:Although I think tiki-taka is going to be killed off at this WC,

i have to see it before i believe it, we or i thought the same at the euro 2012
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sat May 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Kroos wrote:

i have to  see it before i believe it, we or i thought the same at the euro 2012

It's getting killed off at club level, so why not at international?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Kroos wrote:

i have to  see it before i believe it, we or i thought the same at the euro 2012

Chile will kill them alright.  ok

Don't forget that Spain is hated in Brazil for 2 reasons: Diego Costa and the bad treatment Brazilian tourists and immigrants usually receive in Spain. They will be constantly booed in every game, the villains of the WC.

I'm afraid Brazil may lose in the 2nd round to Chile or Holland, which would be a cold shower for the atmosphere in the WC. It will be a very tough 2nd round for Brazil anyway. Gping through the 2nd round, Brazil may only be stopped in the final.

Last edited by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sat May 31, 2014 2:00 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Kroos wrote:

It's getting killed off at club level, so why not at international?

pep left barca, del bosque is still there

and it was the first year in munich, maybe the 2nd will be better

who knows, they still have an edge in terms of operating well together in an functional system
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Sat May 31, 2014 2:02 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
Kroos wrote:

I'm afraid Brazil may lose in the 2nd round to Chile or Holland, which would be a cold shower for the atmosphere in the WC.

chile is scary, the friendly against germany was an utter domination from them, the last time i`ve seen this against a german side was the euro 2008 final
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Kroos wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:
Kroos wrote:

I'm afraid Brazil may lose in the 2nd round to Chile or Holland, which would be a cold shower for the atmosphere in the WC.

chile is scary, the friendly against germany was an utter domination from them, the last time i`ve seen this against a german side was the euro 2008 final

Chile lost 2-1 to Egypt yesterday, but I guess they played this friendly as a training session (or not?).

Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 on Sat May 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Chile are a pretty tasty team if they are consistent they will surprise top teams.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat May 31, 2014 2:28 pm

Chili is pretty tasty

Have yet to try Australia and Spain though....

I feel for Chili, always getting knocked out in the 2nd round by the hideous Brazil, while Chili played the best footie the last WC.

They and Spain are one of the few bastions of attractive football left. Though Japan and Argentina are decent to watch as well.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 2:39 pm

@Fey

Brazil knocked out Chile in Chile in 1962, in 1998 second round, and in the last WC second round.  Very Happy 
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat May 31, 2014 2:40 pm

Yes, I know, they must hate you lot there. They play better football then Brazil though, which is always worth to mention considering that's what it's all about ok
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Fey wrote:Yes, I know, they must hate you lot there. They play better football then Brazil though, which is always worth to mention considering that's what it's all about ok

No, Fey. It's all about winning. And Brazil always wins.  Wink 
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat May 31, 2014 2:45 pm

You sure, last time Brazil won a WC I didnt have hair on my balls yet :DStill, you win a lot, too much. And now, it's about playing good football ffs Brazil 1982!!!

Got more views on youtube then the winning squad of 1994. Which tells you that Football>>>Progress
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat May 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Fey wrote:You sure, last time Brazil won a WC I didnt have hair on my balls yet :DStill, you win a lot, too much. And now, it's about playing good football ffs Brazil 1982!!!

Got more views on youtube then the winning squad of 1994. Which tells you that Football>>>Progress

I meant Brazil always wins against Chile.

Brazil 1982 had a horrible defence and deserved to lose. I'd rather have Brazil 1990, that DIDN'T deserve to lose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 am