2014 World Cup - Group Stages

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: 2014 World Cup - Group Stages

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Croatia's  midfield 3 is boss. But if Brazil press them like they did Spain in final of last year's  confed cup then they should be fine, better everywhere else. 3-1 Brazil perdiktion.

Otto

did

NOT

see

that

coming.

#ORACLE
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Fey wrote:Yeah but....HOW...was Melo's red card not right? Did Holland won an undeserved penalty?  That was one of the best ref jobs I've ever seen. He didnt make a single wrong call, unlike tonight. Which makes it weird considering it was the same ref as back then.

Melo's red card was deserved. The problem was Holland kicked the shit out of Brazilian players during the whole game, de Jong should have been sent off about 300 times, many fouls by Holland were ignored, while Brazilians couldn't even touch the Dutch that the Jap would stop the game. That refereeing was one of the worst and most biased I've seen in a WC, and that's the opinion of many Brazilians.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:11 am

Im watching it right now, and I see no faults from him. Sure Robben makes the most out of it, but so do all players. Just saying he should have been send off doesnt make it the truth..de Jong should have been send off against Spain, this game he is playing....progressive.

No gamechanging mistakes either.

But perhaps im mistaken, you show it then.

Otherwise Im entitled to believe Brazilian DO blame the ref after they lost a game.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:15 am

Fey, I won't watch the game again just to show you. You are right, the ref made no big mistakes, but many small mistakes that made things a bit more difficult to Brazil. And I'm not blaming the ref. Holland deserved to win and the result was legit.  ok 

However, according to Puro, Fifa made sure Brazil wouldn't win that game (he also said that at the time in the thread and many times in the following years). Peruvians blame the ref.  Very Happy 
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:16 am

Brazil only lose due to the following:

1) Referee
2) They didn't play well

The other side IS/WAS never the better side.

True story Ale
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:19 am

The feeling here is of shame for the way that fucking ref robbed Croatia. I just hope it won't happen again.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:28 am

I will visit whichever country knocks Brazil out in order to support their economy.
Fey

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 am

You could stay in my place if you want Wink
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 am

The best thing Fifa could do now would be to ban the ref and Fred from the WC. That would be fair and right IMO.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 am

Fey wrote:Im watching it right now, and I see no faults from him. Sure Robben makes the most out of it, but so do all players. Just saying he should have been send off doesnt make it the truth..de Jong should have been send off against Spain, this game he is playing....progressive.

Otherwise Im entitled to believe Brazilian DO blame the ref after they lost a game.

Fey, do you want to see a daylight robbery? First video - 36:01 (24:10 of the first half). It was a penalty. The slow motion (36:10) takes away all doubts. Brazil was winning and controlling the match. "No gamechanging mistakes"? I don't think so.

I'm not taking away anything from Holland. They were the better side and deserved to qualify, but they had the help of that corrupt jap.

Last edited by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:26 am

mongrel hawk wrote:The best thing Fifa could do now would be to ban the ref and Fred from the WC. That would be fair and right IMO.

Maybe Scolari could drop Fred because he is a cheat. Oh wait, he never will - he will defend him instead the stupid old c**t.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:31 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
Fey wrote:Im watching it right now, and I see no faults from him. Sure Robben makes the most out of it, but so do all players. Just saying he should have been send off doesnt make it the truth..de Jong should have been send off against Spain, this game he is playing....progressive.

Fey, do you want to see a daylight robbery? First video - 36:01 (24:10 of the first half). It was a penalty. The slow motion (36:10) takes away all doubts. Brazil was winning and controlling the match. "No gamechanging mistakes"? I don't think so.

I'm not taking away anything from Holland. They were the better side and deserved to qualify, but they had the help of that corrupt jap.

I had forgotten that. Thanks, Sheva. Blatant penalty.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 am

ERIK LAMELA wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:The best thing Fifa could do now would be to ban the ref and Fred from the WC. That would be fair and right IMO.

Maybe Scolari could drop Fred because he is a cheat. Oh wait, he never will - he will defend him instead the stupid old c**t.

Scolari: "I saw the replay ten times and it was a penalty"

Doh 
Fey

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:50 am

mongrel hawk wrote:

No way, he touches the ball first, good EPL tackle!

Though it was more a penalty then today

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:01 am

Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

No way, he touches the ball first, good EPL tackle!

Though it was more a penalty then today

Fey, don't say that. You're sounding like Scolari Smile
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:28 am

Most hated teams at the World Cup, courtesy of poll in the Times.

Argies, Iran and USA most votes. Germany not far behind.

Russia most hated team in England Laughing. Bullying your neighbour will do that to you.

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:34 am

ERIK LAMELA wrote:

Doh 

I was so angry at the ref that I didn't watch the interviews after the game. If Scolari said that, he's only making things worse. Fifa has to do something.

ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:06 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:

Doh 

I was so angry at the ref that I didn't watch the interviews after the game. If Scolari said that, he's only making things worse. Fifa has to do something.

Enough said. This is why I hate Brazil. They are the biggest cheats in football. Even worse than Maradona and the Hand of God.

Also both these cases (hand of God and Fred) just show why you need top level refs, not Japs, Tunisians and Bulgarians.
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:12 am

In Salvador. What an absolute farce of a football game.

Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:29 am

I was made sickened at the time about that penalty. Now I accept it but kick that referee arsehole out of the competition. Ale

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:08 am

ERIK LAMELA wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:

Doh 

Enough said. This is why I hate Brazil. They are the biggest cheats in football. Even worse than Maradona and the Hand of God.

Also both these cases (hand of God and Fred) just show why you need top level refs, not Japs, Tunisians and Bulgarians.

It's hard to know what is worse, Scolari defending the referee after the game or Fred thanking his god for helping him win a penalty by cheating the opposition.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:26 am

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:35 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
110% wrote:That's new, spraying a line on the pitch to show the distance for a free-kick

New for you. It was invented in Brazil and we have been using it for more than 10 years.

Have you invented a green spray for making it look like there is grass on the field in Manaus?

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:40 am

mmm Brazilians, I am not sure if the word "blame" means something different or translates differently in Brazilian/Portguese, but you do both directly blame the ref in this thread, and claim Brazilians don't blame the ref   scratch 

mongrel hawk wrote:
Fey wrote:I take my words back about the Jap...fuckin hell..

This Jap is the same that fucked Brazil in the last WC against Holland. That was a very biased refereeing in favour of Holland. He's obvious a corrupt. Took Brazil out and now FIFA told him to give some help to the hosts.  

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:46 am

It really was apparent that (more or less) no black people were in the stadium. Guess they were outside demonstrating and getting beaten by the police?

Can't help it, but the match left a bitter taste. Questionable refereeing, booing of the Croats who played some good football and were not dirty (Neymar's elbow was more like it). As a host, you'd expect the crowd to be a bit more positive and less one sided.

I hope and expect things to improve in the coming matches.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:11 am

Isco Benny wrote:Most hated teams  at the World Cup, courtesy of poll in the Times.

Argies, Iran and USA most votes.  Germany not far behind.

Russia most hated team in England Laughing. Bullying your neighbour will do that to you.

I wonder what the Iranian National Team has done to all those people to be hated so much? As if their shit team could do anyone harm. And it's not like the Iranian people themselves are suffering from their oppressive, fascist regime now, is it? Stupid Germans, Dutchies and Spaniards.

Greece should have been kicked out of the EU long ago. Lazy, greedy, oily little wannabe Nazis.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3371
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:19 am

not a bad start to the tournament. Congrats brazil. Who knows where the ref had his eyes though :-)
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:53 am

Rosicky wrote:This is the best South America has got, needed a dodgy penalty and equally dodgy goal not given to beat one of the worst European qualifiers.

Brazil are gonna need a lot of help from the refs if tonight is anything to go by,

wow, it seems like Puro has really got inside your head.

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:32 am

blutgraetsche wrote:
Isco Benny wrote:Most hated teams  at the World Cup, courtesy of poll in the Times.

Argies, Iran and USA most votes.  Germany not far behind.

I wonder what the Iranian National Team has done to all those people to be hated so much? As if their shit team could do anyone harm. And it's not like the Iranian people themselves are suffering from their oppressive, fascist regime now, is it? Stupid Germans, Dutchies and Spaniards.

Greece should have been kicked out of the EU long ago. Lazy, greedy, oily little wannabe Nazis.

How come the other south americans hate the dirty cheating argies so much?

And why, seriously why, are the Germans against Honduras?

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:44 am

110% wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Great goal by Oscar!

But to be honest, Croatia would have deserved a draw in this match. But now it's at least "legaly" won.

Except for the blatant foul on modric just before oscar's goal

http://www.highlighthub.com/questionable-foul-on-ivan-rakitic-gif/

For me the ref screwed Croatia 3 times in the match: non-existent penalty, disallowed goal for non-foul on keeper, and the foul before the 3rd goal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:34 am