Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: 2014 World Cup - Group Stages

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:15 am

Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:
Kimbo wrote:Compare this lot to Australia and the US, they're gutless.

ok 

Poll: How do you feel after Australia's bittersweet 3-2 World Cup loss to the Netherlands?
Proud 51%
Gutted 5%
Both   44%
Total votes: 24213.

Such born winners ok

You don't think Australia can be proud of its performance against the Dutch, given you are three times World cup finalists (losers every time I might add - 'such born winners', hey), were in the last final, and had just beaten Spain 5-1?

You are spot on, Fey. It is a NATIONAL DISGRACE to be proud of your players despite defeat. The Dutch would never do such a thing...

You fucking idiot.

Different is, I never claimed Holland had a winning mentality, which was said about Australia compared to England. Which is wrong in my eyes. If you lose from a natural born loser..and are still proud of that, now that's quite sad!

Btw Todo, you see there is a Mello in every Latino? You just have to get it out. And it's a lost game!

Football is a niche sport in Australia, their players are mostly lower league standard, it's their mentality that makes them competitive. With England it is their mentality that makes them lose every big game.

Exactly. It is the 3rd biggest sport here in Australia.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:17 am

ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

ok 

Poll: How do you feel after Australia's bittersweet 3-2 World Cup loss to the Netherlands?
Proud 51%
Gutted 5%
Both   44%

Such born winners ok

You don't think Australia can be proud of its performance against the Dutch, given you are three times World cup finalists (losers every time I might add - 'such born winners', hey), were in the last final, and had just beaten Spain 5-1?

You are spot on, Fey. It is a NATIONAL DISGRACE to be proud of your players despite defeat. The Dutch would never do such a thing...

You fucking idiot.

Different is, I never claimed Holland had a winning mentality, which was said about Australia compared to England. Which is wrong in my eyes. If you lose from a natural born loser..and are still proud of that, now that's quite sad!

Btw Todo, you see there is a Mello in every Latino? You just have to get it out. And it's a lost game!

Football is a niche sport in Australia, their players are mostly lower league standard, it's their mentality that makes them competitive. With England it is their mentality that makes them lose every big game.

Is it even that though? Cricket, Rugby league/Union, Aussie Rules football, then proper football maybe?
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:21 am

I'd like to see the Dutch try Australian football. This guy is over two metres tall and runs faster than Robben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oelsD0MNHI
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:21 am

Kimbo wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

ok 

Proud 51%
Gutted 5%
Both   44%

Such born winners ok

You fucking idiot.

Is it even that though? Cricket, Rugby league/Union, Aussie Rules football, then proper football maybe?

Yeah, fourth largest then (if you group rugby league and union together).
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNmZXkGkc0E
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:52 am

Mourinho is nursing a boner watching this game.
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:57 am

Greece in boring game shock.
ERIK LAMELA

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 am

Murray wrote:Greece in boring game shock.

How old are you, son?
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:26 am

Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

ok 

Proud 51%
Gutted 5%
Both   44%

Such born winners ok

You fucking idiot.

ok 
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:44 am

First time in England's history we have lost two opening games at the World Cup. Given we have hardly covered ourselves in glory over recent years in the competition, they have really excelled this time round.

Still cannot get over Gerrard's header. Either leave it (and thus either Cavani wins the header and Suarez gets caught off side or it bounces through to the centrebacks) or do your damnedest to make sure you win it. Dont go in half hearted so you flick it on over your defence straight into the path of your Liverpool team mate, who you then fawn over after the game like a star struck groupie. Gerrard encapsulates everything about England's shocking loser mentality. There was no reason whatsoever to have lost that game today. What other international side dominates for such long periods to get back into a game only to concede so utterly pathetically at the first hint of resistance.

Thankfully, like what Ive seen on Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson, Barkley, Baines (second game) and Welbeck this tournament. Lallana also came on and showed some balls. If we could only put Gerrard, Rooney, Hart (absolutely useless keeper at this level, totally brainless) out to pasture, we d be making progress.
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:13 am

ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Murray wrote:Greece in boring game shock.

How old are you, son?

lol! 
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:21 am

According to Zico, Cavani/Suarez form the best attacking pair in this WC. And, still acording to him, if Forlán was in form, they would have the best attack as a whole.

It is possible to have Colombia-Uruguay/Italy in the next round, and the winner would face the winner of Brazil-Holland/Chile.

We could have a small Copa América: Brazil-Chile against Colombia-Uruguay.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:50 am

shazlx wrote:
Murray wrote:I suppose Woy will be getting fired now.
If only. There's no strong English coach to replace him and the F.A won't wanted the media shit that will come with replacing him with a foreign coach.

Sherwood!

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:14 am

mongrel hawk wrote:According to Zico, Cavani/Suarez form the best attacking pair in this WC. And, still acording to him, if Forlán was in form, they would have the best attack as a whole.

It is possible to have Colombia-Uruguay/Italy in the next round, and the winner would face the winner of Brazil-Holland/Chile.

Before the WC I would rather face any south american team, except Argentina, than any top european nation. I've changed my mind, but not for footballing reasons. Brazilian fans are so awful that 50,000 of them would make less noise than 10,000 Chileans/Uruguayans/Colombians/Argentinians. In their minds they are not going to a sporting event, they are going to a social event. They don't buy a ticket to help their team win, they buy a ticket to celebrate a victory. They are more worried about taking pictures and posting them on social media than about the game itself. They remain seated during to the whole match and they only stand up when Brazil create a good chance.

Mexican fans even made a song about it: "¿Brasileiro, brasileiro, te quisiera preguntar, que se siente ser visita cuando juegas de local?" - It translates to something like "Brazilians, what is it to feel like a guest when you play at home?"

That is so embarrasing for a nation that calls itself "the country of football".

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 am

Super Progress wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

ok 

Proud 51%
Gutted 5%
Both   44%

Such born winners ok

You fucking idiot.

ok 

Nonsense, England has insufficient quality. Believing its their mentality, and not doing enough for the shirt is so 2006.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:44 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:
Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:English don't dive Very Happy 

The English dived against Italy (twice) and Uruguay (about 300 times).

There's no difference between Fred, Marcelo, Sturridge, Sterling, etc. All cheaters! The only difference was the japanese ref..

You guys don't get it. When the English dive, its "an honest reaction" to the challenge or he "just lost his balance". When the South Americans dive, its because that's how they are, born cheats. True story. Razz
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 am

Fey wrote:Nonsense, England has insufficient quality. Believing its their mentality, and not doing enough for the shirt is so 2006.

Never thought I would say this, but I agree with Fey. Most English know this as well, this time. England played at par with their capability, and it wasn't good enough. There is nothing to be ashamed about, its a tough group and losing to the likes of Italy and Uruguay is not a disaster.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:07 am

bluenine wrote:
Fey wrote:Nonsense, England has insufficient quality. Believing its their mentality, and not doing enough for the shirt is so 2006.

Never thought I would say this, but I agree with Fey. Most English know this as well, this time. England played at par with their capability, and it wasn't good enough. There is nothing to be ashamed about, its a tough group and losing to the likes of Italy and Uruguay is not a disaster.

Losing to Uruguay is a disaster as they only have 1 good player. Let's just accept it's all Gerrard's fault, and move on. He let it slip, again. When he retires someone else will be to blame, the big question being who? Of course Rooney and Hodgson are around for a couple of years, but after that I reckon it will be Barkley.

England played attacking football at least, so it's better than last time. Unfortunately they had a weak defence this time around. Hodgson got it wrong big time, not only with how he starts teams but not being able to change in the game. England have a weak defence so the team should have been set up to protect them. Against Italy we could all see the joy they were having down England's left, but Hodgson did nothing about it. If that is not the manager's job I don't know what is. Hodgson was trying to emulate Liverpool while crowbarring rooney into the team and dropping a midfielder. Liverpool play with 3 midfielders, with one of coutinho (more attacking) or the Allen (more defensive). When you don't have a pure defensive midfielder to win the ball back then you need numbers to be able to intercept, and it helps to keep the ball. So what does Hodgson do, just drop that 3rd midfielder, and have a striker (Welbeck) whose main job seemed to be to help on the defensive side. The whole England team were poor, except maybe Sturridge and Cahill, and I believe it was the tactics rather the players abilities.

Some people think Rooney had a good game, but not me. He worked hard but was mostly in the wrong place. I've long said as a striker for England he doesn't work as he drops deep to pick up the ball but that means one less person up front for everyone to pass to. He spoils the game for everyone else. Welbeck was ok against Italy, and the worst player last night. Hodgson had no reason to change him to the other side. Sterling was also bad, but again could have been left where he was. Everything was switched to accommodate Rooney, in that case Rooney should be the man of the match, and the main reason for England winning the game. But all we can say is that he worked hard.

Godin should have been off no question. Maybe England are naive, but you shouldn't have to surround the referee to get a correct decision, or roll around on the floor holding your face. While Kimbo thinks this exaggerating is a problem, and it's not the game he grew up playing, I believe that you often don't get correct decisions from refs unless you "help" them by rolling around. The exaggeration is a problem caused by bad refereeing.

And finally, on Gerrard's header. It happens but 99% of the time the striker doesn't happen to have anticipated it and be running through on goal with the ball perfectly in his path. It might be hoped that the keeper tries to make himself as big as possible rather than as small as possible as Hart did. Gerrard also being blamed for the first goal is a bit mean though, otherwise you can blame every goal on a misplaced pass or loss of possession that happened somewhere else on the pitch. Johnson doesn't bother to close cavani down and let's him have all the time in the world to put a through ball, and jagielka should either let suarez go (for offside) or go with him (and close enough to challenge). He does neither. But fuck Suarez knows how to finish.

Bad news for Liverpool, as I believe someone is going to make a 100 million bid for him before the summer is out.
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:12 am

110% wrote:
Losing to Uruguay is a disaster as they only have 1 good player.

Make that at least two, I was awestruck by Cavani the entire match !

....and that makes that Uruguay have two more good players than England have...
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:10 am

Cavani is a more experienced Welbeck - you can't see the best of him when he has to play out wide or do defensive duties so you can build the team round other players.

Great assist from him.

Japan were so dissapointing - Seedorf suggesting that they are jet-lagged, perhaps they got hotel/trevel arrangements badly wrong?

Honda wouldn't shoot last night  scratch 

Need to get rid of Zac - Greece were dire too.

All good games today - looking forward to all 3.

Honduras v Ecuador should have a few tackles !

Didn't realise Gremio were so much bigger than Internacional - at least 10 shirts to 1 it seems in Porto Alegre games or maybe they just stand out more ?
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 am

Fact of the day: Yesterday's match was the first time Uruguay beat a European team in the WC since 1970.

Thanks fuck for that England...  Rolling Eyes 
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:37 am

Prandelli will play 451 again.

Abate will come in for paletta, with Darmian shifting to LB and Chiellini moving to CB. Also motta will at instead of verrartti.

PlAying 451 against Costa Rica seems very conservative to me, but prandelli seems worried about the players getting tired in these conditions.
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:39 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

PlAying 451 against Costa Rica seems very conservative to me, but prandelli seems worried about the players getting tired in these conditions.

I'm guessing Blut's a huge Prandelli fan Very Happy
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:41 am

I am. He is an excellent coach. Wish we had someone like him in charge of our national team.

Prandelli experienced first hand how the conditions in Brazil can affect the outcome of matches last year at the Confed Cup, guess that explains.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Fey wrote:
Super Progress wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Fey wrote:
ERIK LAMELA wrote:
Fey wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

ok 

Proud 51%
Gutted 5%
Both   44%

Such born winners ok

You fucking idiot.

ok 

Nonsense, England has insufficient quality. Believing its their mentality, and not doing enough for the shirt is so 2006.
Insufficient quality compared to Australia and America?

As I have said before those two teams play in a way that seems very British and I mean that in the best sense.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Does Costa Rica have sufficient quality? Does Uruguay outside of it's forwards? Does Holland with that donkey Nigel De Jong starting for them? I'm the first to say England lack in some areas, but to lose every big game there has to be more to it, there's a mental fragility about England.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Mental fragility and no identity. What is "English football" today? What does it stand for?

Identity is a precondition for a philosophy. A philosophy understood and trained from early age breeds confidence. Confidence and belief are a precondition to winning.

There are many ways to play this game, one is not necessarily superior to the other. It's all about the execution.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:03 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Mental fragility and no identity. What is "English football" today? What does it stand for?

Identity is a precondition for a philosophy. A philosophy understood and trained from early age breeds confidence. Confidence and belief are a precondition to winning.

We want to be like everyone else, we're footballs version of those fat lasses that wear yoga pants in an effort to look like Kim Kardashian. I said months ago, play Andy Carroll and get the ball in the mixer!  tongue
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:13 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:According to Zico, Cavani/Suarez form the best attacking pair in this WC. And, still acording to him, if Forlán was in form, they would have the best attack as a whole.

Before the WC I would rather face any south american team, except Argentina, than any top european nation. I've changed my mind, but not for footballing reasons. Brazilian fans are so awful that 50,000 of them would make less noise than 10,000 Chileans/Uruguayans/Colombians/Argentinians. In their minds they are not going to a sporting event, they are going to a social event. They don't buy a ticket to help their team win, they buy a ticket to celebrate a victory. They are more worried about taking pictures and posting them on social media than about the game itself. They remain seated during to the whole match and they only stand up when Brazil create a good chance.

Mexican fans even made a song about it: "¿Brasileiro, brasileiro, te quisiera preguntar, que se siente ser visita cuando juegas de local?" - It translates to something like "Brazilians, what is it to feel like a guest when you play at home?"

That is so embarrasing for a nation that calls itself "the country of football".

And they are the same who said "não vai ter copa".
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:14 pm

bluenine wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:
Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:English don't dive Very Happy 

The English dived against Italy (twice) and Uruguay (about 300 times).

There's no difference between Fred, Marcelo, Sturridge, Sterling, etc. All cheaters! The only difference was the japanese ref..

You guys don't get it. When the English dive, its "an honest reaction" to the challenge or he "just lost his balance". When the South Americans dive, its because that's how they are, born cheats. True story. Razz

Yeh. It's pretty obvious by what I read here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 pm